Kings Cross Road Guesthouse Reviews

175 Kings Cross Road, London, London, England

Check in was poor. Couldn't get hold of anyone until twenty minutes after arriving. Even though I specified when I was arriving, my room wasn't ready. The hallway carpets need changing as they're all stained. Lock on my door was loose, and the single lock on the front door of the property was of concern. Traffic noise at night came through the sash windows. Bathroom only had one small light working, and the drain was nearly blocked. But my room was very clean, with good quality clean towels.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Wales

the bed sheets where covered in blood and coffe stains, the hallway smelt of wetdog 24 hours a day, no hand wash in the bathroom. A discusting place to stay avoid at all costs.

• 7th Oct 2014

Terrible Experience: - Called a few hours before check-in to confirm my booking and they told me they'd check if they still had a room and get back to me via text message. - A text arrived at my mobile number soon after saying "No room, money will be refunded". - They no longer pick up the phone when I call, and the deposit has not been refunded. Avoid this place, it's not worth the headache.

Security: When returning back for our first nights stay, someone decided to put the chain lock on. This meant us having to bang and shout at 3am in order to get someone up to undo it. Not what we nor they wanted to have to do at that time. Suggestion to staff; remove the chain lock immediately. Staff: No reply to emails during the 3 months from booking to our stay. Cleanliness: The shower hose is leaking, and the bathroom ceiling is moldy. Facilities: A kettle, in a cupboard. No mugs or tea.

good location and price. average conditions. good for a short stay in the city centre

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Poland

It has been probably the worst experience ever in a guest house. First of all we were not located in the structure we booked for but somewhere on a side street. When we arrived the rooms were not ready and in the end we didn't even have what we book (twin instead of a double). The rooms were very dirty and the shared bathrooms almost impossible to use. The staff was impossible to reach by phone, since in this structure there was no reception, and they were extremely impolite.

• 26th Sep 2014

To be honest, we booked a room here because it was fairly cheap for central London. However, if I had known in what kind of room we would end up, I would have loved to pay 50 pounds more per night. The room we were in was in the basement. It was a big room, with an unused kitchen and washing machine. In the washing machine there were blankets that had just been washed, but there was mould inside the washing machine. Beside that, our room was not clean at all, there was hair all over the floor...

Unsettling check-in experience. Other than that, wonderful place and very friendly staff. Thanks :)

Everything was fine!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

difficult for finding the location. NO laundry services. NO luggage storage services. NO breakfast included.

When we arrived the person with our rooms keys was not in the place, so we have to wait about 1 hour to get to the room. There was no warning about the works beeing done in the hostel, so it was very unconfortable find that there were person working in the hostel. It seems that one of them also enter to our room, and checked our staff. No trusted.!

When I booked the hotel I read a lot of bad reviews, I thought to give it a try anyway because the hotel was cheap. Unfortunately the hotel was awful. The man who let us in acted like his thoughts were somewhere else, so he was absolutely not interested in us and was semi-friendly. The toilet flush was busted, we had to use "a trick" (the man's words) to use it, wallpaper was torn off, clogged drain,... But the worst was: there were BED BUGS! We had 5 horrible nights! Nasty place,don't go there!

DO NOT stay here!!!! I decided to stay here instead of a hostel and the place was unorganised, had 2 addresses, the guy didn't email me how to get into the place as no reception, wouldn't give me a refund for the inconvenience, then I finally find it and sleep there to wake up to bed bugs! I then left London to go to a 3 day festival which I have been saving and looking forward to for a year only to be covered in huge bug bites, and couldn't sleep in my tent as my luggage carried the bugs!!!

• 21st Jul 2014

Hostel was really nice and location was really good! Lots of nice grocery shops and dining places near by and the prices were lower than in the city center. Very good for budget travellers. Communication with staff was quite poor. We slept our first night in a tiny twin bed room because of a mix up and first staff gave us wrong address. But day after we got our double deluxe room which we've booked and we were very pleased for our rest of staying in hostel.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Finland

Amneties Broken. Poor communication with contact person. House not at actual location on booking its actually down the road. Don't recommend, for the money you save your better staying in a hotel.

• 11th Jul 2014

The toilet paper ended in the second day of my stay and for two more days there was no paper to be found

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Stayed here for a festival and a day of sight seeing so didn't spent much time in the hostel, but was above and beyond what we were expecting and we would definitely stay here again. Don't listen to the bad reviews, obviously some people expect far too much for their money! Great little hostel within walking distance of kings cross and St Pancras!

• 4th Jul 2014

We stayed three nigths in the Kings Cross Guesthouse in London. As we decided to come back to London after travlling to other cities, we tried to book in the internet but it was full. So we phoned to one of your staff and could have our accommodation in another place of yours.

• 30th Jun 2014

Toilet flush wasn't working, wall, floor and ceiling are seen failing apart. However, it has a good location and good wifi

It was a nice and clean big room. Well located close to the train station and to a very good price. The only problem was the toilet that wouldn't flush and the lack of staff when we had trouble with our key.

• 16th Jun 2014