Kings Hotel Reviews

36-37 Argyle Square, Kings Cross WC1 8AL, London, England

Mixed bag but would probably stay again. The lady who checked us in had a mare of a time; really slow to do the simplest of tasks and gave us the wrong room, before asking us to check the new one was right! Squeaky bed (not a bother for us but maybe for rooms next door...) and a small room considering the price. Showers were nice though and the location was handy so was all right overall, if not dear on price.

Basic accomodation but clean room with clean linen, good central location, adequate breakfast. James

Stayed there for a weekend in Oct to celebrate my other half's birthday and my own one. Reading the reviews i was very worried but to be honest i don't know what these people except. Its was central and cheap and for me perfect as when im in london i only use the place i stay in to sleep and change as im out sightseeing the rest of the time.

The staff was very kind. The breakfast isn't good, but you can easily find other places to eat nearby. We ran out of toilet paper and had to ask for it often. The drain from the shower got stuffed very easily. The light bulb in the hallway outside the rooms were broken and first fixed after a couple of days.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Denmark

Dark room on subterranean level with cracked floor tiles, a naked light bulb in the ceiling and a very dirty light switch. Behind a door in my room was the boiler! The doors had closing mechanisms which made the doors slam shut, no matter how carful you were with them. The breakfast was very poor, only toast, butter and orange marmalade were offered for sandwiches. There are probably better places at the same price, since the street is full of hotels and bed & breakfasts.

The staff were very nice but the downstairs rooms are old, he floor tiles are broken and the room is a bit cell like, Plus the wi fi doesn' work in room 7, the window doesn;t lock so it feels a little insecure and the bathroom door lock is broken.

When I go there I find my room with no T.V no chair , please put these notifications in your mind. many thanks.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Egypt

Second time staying there, beds are clean and that's all that matters when staying for only a night.

• 8th Aug 2015