Kings Hotel Reviews

36-37 Argyle Square, Kings Cross WC1 8AL, London, England

Food was extremely poor quality. Room facilities were poor the pole to hang our clothes was out of reach. No drawers. Ants were everywhere. Fridge was dirty. It was extremely hot made it difficult to breath and was a health and safety risk due to exposed cables near the sink. Wall had damp. It seems a previous occupant had put a brick under the window to prop it open for air. There was no concern for the fact that we were deaf and no fire safety instructions. Staff were rude. We want a refund.

• 25th Apr 2014

Very good for the money. For 2 of us it was 52, and it is literally a 3 minute walk from kings cross station.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

great place- i can´t believe all the negative comments i read before the trip! i was expecting very little..good surprise! shower worked great, hot water and normal water pressure. staff was attentive and polite. our room had enough space,there was also fridge for free. plus hangers, shelf, a chair. free wifi.location great. i can´t complain! ok,very basic&partly untidy room, but still all in all superb:) i would go back. thank you

With the price you pay, you can't expect luxury. Ok breakfast is minimal and beds not so confortable. However the location is excellent and the staff welcoming. Good value for money

• 11th Apr 2014

The property show signs of neglect. Beds are ancient and springing loud. Bathroom/toilet not large enough to fit a European male. Owner/Manager(?) seemed more interested in messages on mobile than the customer. Breakfast primitive - called Continental but not; cornflakes of unknown make, coffee catering quality straight from the tin. Plastic cutlery! Worst ignoring Fire Regulations. Fire doors propped open albeit with the fire extinguishers! No sign of smoke detectors except dining room.

• 11th Apr 2014

Lumpy squeeky beds tried putting us in a dumpy cellar at first but then had to upgrade toa more expencive room , dusty and rusty in need of a full house makeover !!!!!

• 1st Apr 2014

The location of the place is really nice so the price to pay for a stay is acceptable. However, the room was really uncomfortable for me and my friend. My friend even didn't want to take a shower in that old, dirty, and almost cracking bathroom... The wooden floor and the bed were also let you feel its going to collapse! You wont feel the room is clean even the staff already cleaned it!! Next time would rather spend a bit more to stay in another place...

Budget hotel , cheap, get what you pay for , wouldn't take the misses !!! Breakfast laughable , reminds me of fawlty towers

• 24th Feb 2014

Great location but the most horrible mattress I have ever slept on. But it is very cheap so I guess you should expect something like this!

My sister and I just stayed over for 1 night. The accommodation was well located and the room is ok(with tv and ensuite bathroom). It was very dirty : there was a fridge but it had never been cleaned, the shower head was 10% working because 90% of it was blocked, there was dust all over the corners of the room. The window was not closing properly (it is fine considering the heating is working well) and the curtains were held by some plastic rail. The staff was nice. Globally ok for 1 or 2 days.

Overall I'm satisfied with my stay. I just needed a place to sleep for the weekend and I was out most of the time. Don't expect too much of the breakfast: two slice of bread with butter and marmalade, juice and cereals. Nothing you couldn't buy yourself at a Tesco. The rooms aren't amazing but they cover the basics, there's also free wifi. My room was clean, well heated and the bed comfortable enough. I woke up everyday rested and that's what mattered for me.

1 2 Next » last »