Kingston Inn Reviews

Unit 3 & 4, 4A Kingston Bld., 2-4 Kingson St., Causeway bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Need to bring your own towels and pillow case. So dirty. T

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

No free water and obvious hostel naming more than once to receive different bookings. When I checked out they were surprised that I had water for a shower. Would be good for larger groups as it is a separate apartment and had two bathrooms.

잠자기에는 딱좋은 곳 프론트에서는 영어가 되시는 분이 있으니 영어로 물어보면 되고 방은뭐 그럭저럭 쏘쏘 하다.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

You should be more clear on your instructions, if we didn't bump into someone we would be wondering where to go, as the kingston inn is clearly not managed at its front desk. and we then didn't even stay there. and then you tell us me should take a double bed, when i booked a twin.

The staff who look like a student ,she is very nice, thanks

The plug socket and night light did not work. The wifi advertised also didn't work, management said they would check it out but no one did. The corner of the room (next to my bed) had a small pool of water and pubic hair. The air conditioner was very noisy. Would not recommend.

• 22nd Jul 2014

The price is fair but the direction is not really clear and booking management can be better.

There are many hostel in the Causeway bay. It seems like that there is a one main reception. so have to go to Paterson Building (Next door to BURBERRY, Hostel's own address is not important). I couldn't use WIFI in the room. There are locker in the room. but needed own lock.

The overall look of the hostel was nice. Except for the bathroom, it is a little bit old and it didnt feld very clean.

• 13th Jun 2014

Indeed usually we stay in the Kingston Inn when we are in Hong Kong. At least two times a year.It's ok for few days and the location is great. Possible to reach Wanchai and Central with the cheap Tramway and many restaurants, stores and shops around. Also close to the MTR and a Taxistand.,

Didn't have my room when I arrived. (They overbook the rooms, this has happened to me before at this hostel). No apology. Forced to take a twin room. No towels - told I must go to a different building to get them. Room had no water in the toilet for three days. No explanation or apology. I was then told to change room because they want to give my room to someone else. Again, no apology or understanding this is an inconvenience. Signs around the building saying it's an illegal hostel. What a mess

Excellent location closed to the main attractions in HK, 2 min from the metro station (Exit E), tram and bus E11 that goes directly to the airport. Small bedroom but as the others we can get in the city; the bathroom was spacious, clean and the all building very quiet. The staff is very friendly and helpful, available 24h/7days at Paterson Inn but was missing at Kingston Inn...The only way to contact them was through phone call. Other than that, it was PERFECT.

Good location: near subway(mtr) and supermarket

• 25th May 2014
  • Thailand

This is as good a hostel as you'll find for this price in Hong Kong -- and far better value for money than anything across the harbor in Tsimshatsui. The dorms are cramped, but that's what you get in this city. At least this hostel has MASSIVE LOCKERS for you to store your stuff. For some reason, the actual adress was a block away from the address given on the map... If you find yourself lost, the clerks in the bulding lobbies can steer you to the right place, the hostel is well known.

Need to have English cable . Need to improve internet access inside the room.

The wifi was impossible! It did not work in the room, therefor every time we needed to use it, we had to go stand near the reception, which we were locked out of. As any traveler knows, wifi is extremely important to make traveling plans as well as to keep in touch with home/job. Also the rooms were not cleaned well at all. They would take the trash out and then spray the bathroom down with the shower head. Will not stay here again, but it was the cheapest we found.

This hostel is not at all like what's advertised. Almost all of the hostels in the Causeway Bay area are this same one, with one centralized check-in and whichever room (spread across multiple buildings and floors) they happen to have available to throw you in. No WiFi except in the common area, which was, surprisingly, very social. We booked two different hostels owned by this group (unknowingly). We were sent to a room that looked nothing like the pictures, had no hot water, was filthy.. avoid

It's a network of illegal hostels in Causeway Bay. Dubious and bad quality - the only good thing, it's cheap for Hong Kong standards.

Very good location (when enter tje building pls take elevator to 3rd fl.), nice staff, Wi Fi not too bad *But air conditioner is very dirty fulled with dust included the ventilator* pls clean. Somebody was smoking in the living room and it came in my room really made me upset,hostel should have outdoor smoking area.

Great location in the city! Thank you!