Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

They have to change their showers.. But anyway probably the best there.

I loved the place and I'm sure a lot of people say tbst but I could not find a single issue here. I just wish I could have stayed longer.

• 8th Jan 2015

Loved the house guitars and piano, formula for some good sessions.

Excellent hostel. Perfect location and the staff were fantastic. There was an alarm going off in a building near our room and they instantly moved us to a private dorm with no problems at all. Great facilities and breakfast. It was a bit quite as we were there on a Monday and Tuesday during winter but I'd say the place is absolutely poppin' on a busier night!

Kinlay Hostel is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in - the common rooms and reception area looks more like a hotel than a hostel! The beds were comfortable, and the receptionist very kindly gave me a small discount on a room upgrade when I arrived exhausted and couldn't manage another night in a shared dorm. Even the shared kitchen was cleaner than most I've experienced. Highly recommended

The Hostel was right in the centre (it was no more than a 10 minute walk to anything we required). We had a range of dorms and private rooms (there were 11 of us) and everybody said their room was clean and good. The facilities were brilliant, good fast computers with free access, a TV, an open and friendly common room with a pool table! The staff were wonderful very welcoming and very helpful! Everyone of our 11 enjoyed their stay here. Would definitely recommend.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Really well run and excellent friendly and helpful staff.

• 1st Jan 2015

Great little hostel. Right in the Middle

Had a pretty terrible stay here. Neighbors were knocking on the door from 4:30am - 6:30am with no help from staff to stop the partying. Bathroom and room floor were filthy.

• 30th Dec 2014

Very good hostel. A hostel like you want it to be.

A great hostel. Very large common room with lots of computers, couches, instruments, etc. The rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms. Only downside to the bathrooms (in the ensuites anyways) is that there is no ledge to separate the shower from the rest of the room so the entire bathroom floor was constantly wet. Otherwise, location is great. Right on Eyre Square. Atmosphere was a little lacking but only because it was fairly empty when I stayed (as they were closing for the holidays)

This is like walking into a nice hotel. But in a good way. Everything is very modern and clean. The curtains were a plus and breakfast was pretty good. Minus the raisins in the scones. Because of the off season, students from the university were living in the rooms. I'm sure it's simply because I stayed during finals week, but everyone walked around in a stressed and zombiefied state which definitely hurt the atmosphere.

Staff were awesome, super friendly and gorgeous which is always a big plus

Good craic.

• 13th Dec 2014

A great hostel! Definitely lives up to its reputation. Perfect location, clean and with a great free breakfast. Great atmosphere and big common area to relax. Check it out!!!

I think this is an excellent hostel and I really enjoyed my stay. Great location, lovely breakfast in the morning, really clean, great security and great facilities. The only thing that I thought was a little poor was the friendliness of some of the staff, some were great and really friendly (Frank) but some seemed a little rude. But still an absolutely brilliant stay :)

• 12th Dec 2014

Very good included breakfast. Beds were comfortable. Shower floods whole bathroom ensuite which is annoying. Location is very central. Make sure you do a tour of the cliffs!

Best Hostel I have stayed at in Europe!

• 5th Dec 2014

I have been traveling around Europe for 4 months now, and Kinlay Hostel has been the best hostel that I've stayed at by far. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, there were plenty of toilets and showers, the free breakfast was delicious, the wifi worked everywhere in the hostel, and the hostel even gave us advice and let us book our day trip to the Cliffs of Moher through them. I look forward to staying at Kinkay again the next time I find myself in Galway!

Favorite hostel I've ever stayed at! The atmosphere was so fun and so we're all the people :)

• 4th Dec 2014