Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Top notch hostel! Staff is great, rooms and bathrooms and clean. Lots to keep you entertained, free movies, guitars, pool table, computers to use, tours, etc. Definitely a great place to stay in Galway!! Nothing bad to say about this place :)

This hostel has a really high review on hostelworld, but I'm not really sure why. It's not bad or anything, it's just not amazing either. The wifi was patchy at best and I was told it would work in my room which it didn't. I paid £29 for a 6 bed dorm that had a push button shower. I've stayed in hostels that I thought had better facilities that were cheaper, admittedly I was there in the middle of the Galway Arts Festival, which is going to drive up prices. They do a great free breakfast.

Kinlay staff were unbelievably helpful and flexible, including moving up our prearranged check in time to accommodate for some last minute changes to our travel itinerary. 10/10, would love to visit again!

• 24th Jul 2014

Great stay! One of the best hostels I've stayed in for sure, definately recommend it to anyone in search of a hostel in Galway. Pub crawl was a blast as well!

• 22nd Jul 2014

It was clean and comfortable. The room was quiet. The wifi was good. If I was staying there with someone else it would have been fun but I was staying on my own for one night and didn't really use the facilities, but everyone else seemed to enjoying it. Ps It was one of the best located hostels I ever stayed in being extremely close to the bus station/train station

Thanks a lot for those 6 days in Kinlay Galway. We enjoyed our stay very much. Great staff, good atmosphere, perfect location. I'll be back. Cheers! Sash

Group of 14 lads stayed here, brilliant, hassle free, deposits returned when checking out. We were a well behaved group and had a great time here. The location is brilliant with parking 3 minutes walk from the front door. Arrived Friday and Left Sunday, didn't have to go near the car once. Got one taxi to and from Karting track. Everything within walking distance. Putting up with some noisy groups was a slight pain but other than that I can't complain at all. Breakfast was super!! Thank you.

• 18th Jul 2014

Center of town. Clean and well run. Facilities well keep.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, place is really well kept. Missed the breakfasts but heard good things from my room mates.

This hostel was the best one we have stayed in! It was very clean, the staff was so nice! The bathrooms were great and clean! The general rooms were cosy and there were 5 apple computers. Loved it there!

This place is top notch. Staff are very helpful. Had no issues at kinlay.

We stayed in four hostels on our trip in Ireland, and I have to say that this was the best. Our room was big and clean. The staff was really nice and helpful and you could plan your trips already in the hostel as well as book day tours. The location was amazing since it was really close to the city center as well as to the bus station. I would definitely come back and recommend this hostel.

Excellent hostel with many perks and clean facility. Feels like we were staying with our friends.

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel is very big and the staff does a good job of keeping it clean and being welcoming. The location is great and the free breakfast was good.

Massive place but at the same time one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in.

Great staff at Reception! Very friendly, fun and helpful!

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff was extremely helpful. I loved the cages under each bed for locking all of your things. The kitchen was extremely clean. ONLY ISSUE I had was that I had a lot of dietary issues (can't eat sugar, bread,etc) so I need to make my own breakfast and the kitchen was closed during this time, which was a problem.

Thank you very nice night with you !

• 15th Jul 2014

The rooms do not close quietly. The kids come in at all hours of the night hence i was awoken numerous times with start from the heavy and loud dlamming of the doors on the long hallway. Even with ear plugs. Other than than it was The Best.

• 15th Jul 2014

This hostel is well managed when accommodating lots of come and go travelers. I like this hostel except that the cleanliness is rated as average because the floor gets wet all over the wash area and bath area whenever anyone has a shower. The separation between wash area and bath area is needed somehow. All in all, I would still recommend this hostel for travelers who are looking for a budget accommodation.

• 14th Jul 2014