Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Hostel earns it's right to claim number one hostel in Ireland. I stayed an extra night because I knew I wouldn't find a better hostel in any other city after living in hostels the last 3 weeks. The hostels layout makes it extremely easy to meet new people, especially for solo travelers. The staff is excellent, I lost my wallet and they worked with me to make sure I still had a place to stay. They also offer great tours and recommend great restaurants. The location could not be better.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Backpacking across Europe and this is definitely one if the best hostels in the world! Everything was perfect! Thank you guys so much!

This is my second time staying at this energetic hostel and it was just as lovely as the first. The location, decor, cleanliness, and helpful staff make staying at this hostel a no-brainer. I would highly recommend it for anyone traveling through Galway.

Met some great people in the common area here, breakfast is free, good location, rooms are not too crammed or stuffy and there's a big locker to put your stuff in. Staff was friendly and helpful, would stay here again!

Great staff. Elaine, Eva, Maria, and Sarah were all very accommodating. I am glad that I was able to help vote Kimlay hostel No. 1 in Ireland. You well deserve it. Thank you all very much!

Excellent stay, such a fun hostel

• 29th May 2014

Very helpful staffs and great security! Excellent facilities apart from the push-button shower, but not the only one I've ever seen in Ireland so it's okay. Definitely worth the money we paid for.

Amazing! This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was so clean and fun and the staff was great! The kitchen was great. The common room was fun. The hostel was right in the main square and so close to the main bus stations. STAY HERE! Only minor issues- no wifi in the room, the beds were so creaky and loud. We had an ensuite room and the sink was outside the bathroom and when people would use it at night it was loud and annoying. Not enough outlets in the room.

Great wifi, very friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast, very clean and in a good location

My first (consistently) hot shower was here. For that alone, I LOVE this hostel. Kitchen is EXPANSIVE! Comfy beds, excellent location right next to the pedestrian square. The common area is great. Staff are great. Nice & secure. I would absolutely stay here again.

The hostel has great facilities, but then staff is what really sets it apart, above and beyond what you would expect. They are amazing. Do yourself a favor and go to this hostel. Go! Now! You won't regret it.

This was by far the best hostel I've stayed at until now! I loved the atmosphere, the room was very tidy and nice and most importantly the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful! The advice they gave me about where to go on a day trip was really good and there is a booking office downstairs where I could book for great value. Also they even sent me my glasses I had forgotten back to my home country immediately. I'm definitely going to be back and will recommend this hostel to my friends!

This place was awesome. All new and clean with amazing staff and a great social vibe. Lichen is abit tight for 200 beds but just all the better to meet new people

Best hostel we have ever stayed in! Place was awesome and the staff were great! Definately stay here again and again!!

• 24th May 2014
  • South Africa

Awesome hostel with awesome staff. Would stay again and again.

Didn't actually end up sleeping here but would stay again if I went back!

This place is the bomb! Best hostel I stayed at in Ireland easily. I loved everything about it, especially the included breakfast. They had muesli. MUESLI! And soy milk. SOY MILK! And hair dryers available. They thought of everything. Stay here for sure!

Phenomenal place.

• 20th May 2014

Really great hostel, easy to meet fellow travellers, book tours, and prepare your own meals. Breakfast was nice, good selection of food (cereals/toast/scones), thanks! We did have an intense snorer in our room of 6 (5 of us spent the night in the common room (open all night, awesome) ate some popcorn (hostel workers took pity on us, lol)

• 19th May 2014

Seriously the best hostel I've stayed in ever. Cannot fault it.

• 19th May 2014