Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

This Hostel has clean rooms, storage cages under each bed and a great breakfast! The evening Pub Crawl was a great way to meet other people and to get to experience the traditional Irish Music and Dancing. Great tours to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren left from the entrance and it was all reasonably priced! Excellent staff and location.

Excellent. Would stay there again.

• Couple, 41+

Great weekend had by all

• Scotland

The Kilmar is an excellent hostel, I'm a recent retiree from the Public Service and I was commissioned into being Tour Guide/Driver for a group of 3 US AND 2 Germans. Various ages in the group and I would say I really enjoyed the interaction with other guests. The location is excellent, facilities are tops, breakfast spot on. During the week I had a phone call from the lady manager and she updated and reviewed the details of the stay. Very reassuring. I would highly recommend. Parking deal good.

• 7th Jun 2015

Fantastic stay, thank you so much!

• Hungary

Excelent place to stay with realy helpful and friendly staff.

• 4th Jun 2015

Incredible Staff

Fantastic staff!!! Very helpful and friendly. I was there with a large group for Friday and Saturday night. For Sunday night, I was on my own. They were able to keep me in the same room I had been in and put others from my group that were there for another night, in the room with me. This is the only place I will stay when visiting Galway!!

• 4th Jun 2015

Perfect. Thanks!

I wish there were more outlets in the rooms as we had 6 people sharing 2 (I think) outlets.

One of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at, very clean, modern, and warm. Staff was fantastic, and breakfast was excellent!

Staff were fantastic - so nice and helpful. Location was great - you're about a block or two from the main area and the price was very reasonable too. I will definitely stay here again!

Great experience, staff were very friendly and personable, really made you feel at home! Couldn't have asked for any better.

• 31st May 2015

The Kinlay Eyre Square perfectly located and has excellent traveler's amenities like bottled water for sale and new computers. There was a substantial discrepancy between our booking vs. the room we got, but management and staff went to great lengths to immediately ameliorate the problem, which was greatly appreciated. There was a bit of a wait for shower/toilets, and a large, noisy crowd that disturbingly never left the hostel to experience Galway, which made for a rather unquiet night, though.

Yikes.... Not what I expected from Galway, much less from such a highly rated hostel. Shower was really dirty, carpet was filthy, toilet smelled god awful, and people were up, shouting and running around until 4am at least. Saying there was "breakfast included" was such an overstatement when all you get is cereal, juice, and toast. I've stayed in hostels for cheaper where you get fruits, hard boiled eggs, pastries, toast, coffee!, etc when they say breakfast is included. Location was good.

Kinlay Hostel Cork is a great hostel, very clean, the staff is extremely helpful; they give you tips plus they even organize little events like soccer (at least I saw flyers for that), jogging in the morning etc. The atmosphere in the hostel is very good too, a lot of young people, a nice common room to hang out. The only (small) downside was the price, which was quite high, but I think this was the case, because I stayed there over a bank holiday weekend, so it was very full.

The hostel is excellent, and I do not have any complaints about the staff, facilities and others. The only point that I think could be important is to advise the guests that they are in a Mix Dorm to avoid any inconvenient. In our stayed my wife and I had problems with some guests because one of then were sleeping just with underwear. The staff helped us, but this situation could not happen if they were advised before.

• 29th May 2015

best hostel ever

This is a great all around hostel. The location and atmosphere are spot on and the staff are more than helpful with everything you may need. I was traveling solo and only there for a brief time but the guests were friendly and the common areas were spacious and laid back. The lockers under the beds were nice and provided piece of mind. One of the front staff went out of their way in finding a ticket master so I could pick up a ticket for a game in Dublin for which I am grateful.

Really good staff, they can help you whenever you want.