Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Nice place, good staff. Big under-the-bed lockers so your stuff is secure and handy, and laptop safes WITH CHARGING OUTLETS IN THEM (amazing!) at reception--free but bring your own locks. Some parts of the facility looked a little worn, but in general everything was clean and well-kept. Nice lounges. Downsides include very thin walls and showers that left something to be desired (temp can't be adjusted, no divider in bathroom so water gets everywhere). Beware party crowds at weekends!

Simply the best! I spent only one night there but I would have stayed for a month!

It was overall very good and the staff was very friendly. For a lot of the night there was a group of boys in the room next to me playing loud music until 3 in the morning and no one told them to turn it off. I know it's up to the guests to complain if it gets too loud but considering there was a rule that you weren't supposed to make noise past 11:30 I expected the staff to say something and get them to turn it down.

• 30th Oct 2013

This is a place I will definitely come back to when visiting Galway again. I was really satisfied staying there.

• 29th Oct 2013
  • Poland

I wish I could have spent more than 1 night here (and in Galway)! Staff were very welcoming and helpful to us.

Nice and cheap with everything you need.

Thanks for your work, folks: I truly enjoyed my time in Galway and my stay at Kinlay! I will certainly recommend Kinlay to anyone who wants to spend some time in the beautiful Galway. Thanks again! All the best, Bruno

Really good location, right next to Eyre Square and alot of the bars. Breakfast was really good, loved the scones! The common area and computers were nice too. Very similar to a hotel in feel.

Great values for yours money. Little bite to crowdy for me.

Staff were very helpful in giving us ideas of what to do each day that we stayed here. Breakfast is fantastic - the scones are so delicious! My friend was pleased to have the option of soy milk with breakfast as she's lactose intolerant and this has not been catered for in most hostels.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »