Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

awesome hostel. def my fav from all the hostels we stayed in in ireland. come here. do the vikings pub crawl and ya cant go wrong !!!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This hostel is completely deserving its many awards. We feel the atmosphere of an hostel with the facilities and confort of a hotel. I would recomend it!!

Very good hostel, with good informed and friendly staff. You have a big sitting room with a big TV and a few I-Mac's. Very chilly..! The room's and bathroom's (including shower's) are really tidy. Further, the hostel is in the middle of the city-centre!

Modern hostel with lots of facilities and an excellent location. Common room is also open late which was very convenient. Free breakfast was good as well.

Pretty awesome hostel with good security. The bigger dorm rooms are nicer than the 4 persons. Stay here.

This hostel is more like a hotel. Everything was fantastic. The only criticism I can make is there aren't power points at each bed, which is hardly worth mentioning! The staff are so helpful and fun, and the hostel feels very secure and is really clean. Highly recommend to anyone staying in Galway.

Very nice people!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Our stay at Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel was by far our best hostel experience in Ireland and for the duration of our 7 week European backpacking trip. The staff was so helpful and knowledgable. We were able to make the most of our very short stay in Galway because of their help. I had been in contact with them prior to arriving and their correspondence was quick and thorough. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I will be staying here again on my next visit to Ireland!

Staff was fantastic!

We LOVED our stay at Kinlay! There is a reason it is ranked so highly! Super friendly people who will take the time to give you excellent recommendations, great atmosphere, lovely breakfast, clean facilities, strong sense of security, enforced norms for sleeping, and hospitable staff all around. We would have loved to stay our entire trip at Kinlay if we could have. If you are coming to Galway (really, why wouldn't you? It's our favorite city in Ireland), come to Kinlay!!!

Incredibly helpful and friendly staff. Went out of their way to make sure I felt comfortable and at home. Fun accommodations, very clean and accessible. Situated in a great location (close enough to Shop Street to make getting there really easy but far enough away to be a little more peaceful), I would definitely recommend this hostel to someone.

• 27th Jun 2014

I left personal belongings behind and the staff posted them to me within 48hrs. Honest friendly staff. Security at nighttime was excellent I'll definitely stay again. Thanks Kinlay

Great hostel! Friendly staff, fast wifi (important!) clean bedrooms and a lot of options for the complimentary breakfast. Also love how they offer a morning guided run—not like I DID it, mind you (had too much fun in town the nigh before) but nice to have options. Would definitely stay again!

This hostel was by far the best for several reasons1) the staff was quite helpful with directions etc 2) the accomodations were very clean and large 3)it was quite a good value.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

I absolutely loved Kinlay. The staff, especially Iarla and Taisce, were friendly, welcoming, and helpful from the second I walked in the door to the (terribly sad) moment I checked out. The common area is huge and easy to meet people in, the bedrooms are decently sized, and beds were comfortable. Many reviews mention that breakfast is amazing, and it definitely was. I would come back to Kinlay in a heartbeat.

Everything was very clean, except for the bathrooms. Despite that Kinlay is the best hostel I have ever stayed in!

• 26th Jun 2014

I stayed here two years ago and when we're were planning this trip I insisted on staying here again. Staff is awesome, great location, awesome facilities! Only place I'd stay in Galway!

En suite showers need better ventilation. They stink!

• 24th Jun 2014

Kinlay was fantastic! Clean bedrooms and toilets, common room and common computers were very nice, and the staff was beyond excellent.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Clean and safe! Breakfast was continental.

• 22nd Jun 2014