Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Loved the free pancakes on the Sunday night and was really impressed by how helpful the staff were in making suggestions for local activities.

the staff is incredibly helpful and goes above and beyond to make sure you have everything that you need. one of the best hostels i have ever stayed in!

Best hostel I've stayed in.

Thought I was underpaying for what I was receiving. One of the best hostels I've ever been to.

• 26th Sep 2014

Wow, this is most definitely, hands down, the best hostel experience I have ever had! The staff were so friendly and helpful and seemed to really take a person interest in helping me out when I had questions or problems. The extra little things like free pancakes and movie nights and music were awesome too. I was anxious because I was staying in the hostel alone but the friendly atmosphere of the staff and the lounge made it so easy to meet new friends. I was honestly sad to leave!

• 26th Sep 2014

Fantastic hostel!! Nice staff.. beds with all of the facilities you need.. great position.. good breakfast. What else you need?

Good place to stay with excellent location. Would stay there next time I'm in Galway

• 24th Sep 2014

Excellent staff and facilities. There is WIFI in the rooms. Great breakfast included. Fabulous place to stay!

Everyone at Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel was friendly, helpful and genuinely cared about our stay in Galway. We give Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel very high marks for staff, atmosphere and value for money. Highly recommended! Robert and Jacqueline, Portland, Oregon, USA

• 21st Sep 2014

I loved the free pancakes on Sunday!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Really cool vibe. Relaxed atmosphere, and quiet enough to get a decent night's sleep. I can't recommend it enough.

• 17th Sep 2014

We spent three nights in the hostel and liked it a lot. It's clean, the staff is nice/sexy/friendly/helpful and the hostel is located right in the city center. Unfortunately, the kitchen is quite small for so many people and there was no space in the fridge. It's kind of a party hostel but I would definitely book it again.

It was alright. I wouldn't stay again. It was extremely busy with lots of people and I wanted to have a good night sleep but hard to do with people in and out the room until 5am. Breaky was nice though! Even provided soy milk...a first! Slept on the bottom bunk under a stinky guy who didn't yet take advantage of the shower facilities, so that's my personal bias of a poor night sleep. Overall better to be there with friends, not a welcoming vibe if you're alone and not pissed

• 17th Sep 2014

Could not saying bad about this place, great everything.

Well maintained hostel. Nice breakfast. Helpful staff. Good location (Galway is small). Big hostel, there are a lot of people (including large groups of Tweens). Free printing.

Could not ask for more in a hostel

Great location! Staff was excellent in accomodating our needs. Delicious breakfasts with a good variety of options. Cheap parking down the street. Beautiful and clean bedroom and ensuite bathroom. Thanks for a great stay! Wish we would of had the chance to stay here for a second night.

This was Suzanne and my first stay at a hostel and something of a travel experiment for us. We were handsomely rewarded for our choice of Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel for our stay in Galway. We received a cordial welcome from the staff when we arrived and they were very helpful with information about the hostel as well as things to do in Galway. The hostel-specific map they provided gave us a good start on what to do while here. Breakfast was a welcome surprise. We will choose Hostelworld again!!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Really enjoyed our stay--Maria and Leo are tremendous ambassadors for the place! I initially went to the wrong hostel--the front desk person told me I'd love Kinlay & Maria, so the competition thinks it, too. Bed was decent, big shower, plenty of hot water. Stored our bags after check out while we explored. Has a reasonable phone-by-the-minute land line. Comfortable lounge with 5 computers. Excellent wi-fi throughout the building. Thanks to Maria for helping with my rental care pick up!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Couple, 41+

the best hostel ever! great location, warm staff, second stay at Kinlay Eyre square and we will come back!