Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

We stayed in four hostels on our trip in Ireland, and I have to say that this was the best. Our room was big and clean. The staff was really nice and helpful and you could plan your trips already in the hostel as well as book day tours. The location was amazing since it was really close to the city center as well as to the bus station. I would definitely come back and recommend this hostel.

Excellent hostel with many perks and clean facility. Feels like we were staying with our friends.

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel is very big and the staff does a good job of keeping it clean and being welcoming. The location is great and the free breakfast was good.

Massive place but at the same time one of the best hostels i've ever stayed in.

Great staff at Reception! Very friendly, fun and helpful!

• 15th Jul 2014

Staff was extremely helpful. I loved the cages under each bed for locking all of your things. The kitchen was extremely clean. ONLY ISSUE I had was that I had a lot of dietary issues (can't eat sugar, bread,etc) so I need to make my own breakfast and the kitchen was closed during this time, which was a problem.

Thank you very nice night with you !

• 15th Jul 2014

The rooms do not close quietly. The kids come in at all hours of the night hence i was awoken numerous times with start from the heavy and loud dlamming of the doors on the long hallway. Even with ear plugs. Other than than it was The Best.

• 15th Jul 2014

This hostel is well managed when accommodating lots of come and go travelers. I like this hostel except that the cleanliness is rated as average because the floor gets wet all over the wash area and bath area whenever anyone has a shower. The separation between wash area and bath area is needed somehow. All in all, I would still recommend this hostel for travelers who are looking for a budget accommodation.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Great breakfast. Very clean. Great facilities.

Best hostel of our trip!

• 14th Jul 2014

Great first hostel to stay at. The was clean and had a good atmosphere. The personal was very kind and helpful. I would recommend it to my friends.

• 13th Jul 2014

Thanks for a great weekend in Galway!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent place to stay in Galway.

• 11th Jul 2014

The staff were exceptional and really made us feel welcomed. Highly recommend Kinlay to our friends.

• 10th Jul 2014

Very good hostel al in al. An area to improve is the wifi. It was very slow and stopped working several times during my stay. This is a minor remark to a very good hostel that I recommend to all who are about to visit Galway!

• 9th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

I came with 2 ladies in their sixties and they loved the place and the staff

The Kinlay Hostel is a smallish chain and feels like it. Not super personal, but clearly a purpose-made hostel that's fairly priced and nicely located a block from the bus/train station. The hostel is kept fairly quiet at night, but there are birds that roost on a nearby roof and can be pretty loud. Breakfast is fairly generous for a hostel, and the place feels clean and safe. I’d stay here again if I needed a place in Galway.

a great place, great atmosphere and staff very very helpful... only problem i ever have is the compulsive packer in the room! theres usually one...sometimes the ear plugs help! also i don t seem to be able to get my discounts as a gold member because i can t manage the password i think it is too secure! for me even...all those different things i have to put in...

Was a awesome hostel!! Loved it. Wish we stayed longer. The kitchen was probably the best part. So clean and had everything you needed. Felt very safe at this hostel and the staff were great. Best hostel I've been to so far!