Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel Reviews

Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland

Good breakfast, clean and staff very friendly, the location is close to everything in town.

The best hostel I've stayed, nice atmosphere, nice staff, nice breakfast... Perfect.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Very friendly staff, great atmosphere and a great pub crawl

• 4th Aug 2014

I'm really enjoyed my stay at Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel, Staff very kind, nice localization, security. I'll indicate to all my friends.

Great place to stay! Central location, comfy beds, good common area and kitchen, strong wifi, and free breakfast. They also help you organize day trips. Highly recommended!!!

Amazing! I was greeted with the warmest welcome I think I've ever had and the staff seemed genuinely interested in listening to my travel plans. Location is perfect and the facilities are great! Excellent hostel!!

A very good hostel, can recommend. Push button showers are a bit odd but for the size of the hostel they do very well, one of the best Iv stayed in

Atmosphere can be great with lots of interesting people to hang out with, or it can be not that good with four 7 year old kids running around the common room until 11 at night. Obviously this hostel has no minimum age limit, and families use it as a cheap motel. It has backpackers there, but i would stay elsewhere next time if i had the choice.

Not great value for a 6 berth, €50 per night.

• 30th Jul 2014

This was my first experience staying at a hostel. The staff made me feel welcome, the amenities were wonderful. It was perfect for what I needed.

• 29th Jul 2014

What a great location! Just steps away from the city centre and great pubs. The staff were lovely when checking in and we were very impressed by how many extras were included in the price including breakfast, computer use, printing, wifi, etc. My only concern was the state of our ensuite bathroom- it sorely needed an update. Water from the shower got everywhere despite the curtain and didn't drain well. We ended up walking down the hall to a much newer, cleaner bathroom.

Could not rate this hostel any higher. At arrival, we were booked in quickly, and told that the hostel were doing pancakes for everyone in the evening before showing Ted on a huge screen in a very comfortable lounge area later that evening - otherwise we could go out and investigate the town. Breakfast in the morning was decent as well. Room - clean, tidy, plenty of electrical sockets. Shower - again, pretty decent. Would visit again.

My daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights and it was fantastic. The staff is wonderful, anything you need they were so very helpful. Suggested places to see, places to eat. Everything they recommended was excellent. I cannot say enough about this place and staff. I will definitely stay here again.

• 27th Jul 2014

Everything was perfect! Best hostel I've ever stayed in!

Pancake and movie night was great, especially with the threat of rain outside.

one of the best hostels i've ever been to. staff are friendly, perfect location, huge kitchen and eating area, good wifi. decent rooms (each with an individual bathroom as well as shared ones down the hall), great events - there was a free pancake night as well as the screening of Ted. basically, everything you want from a hostel.

Top notch hostel! Staff is great, rooms and bathrooms and clean. Lots to keep you entertained, free movies, guitars, pool table, computers to use, tours, etc. Definitely a great place to stay in Galway!! Nothing bad to say about this place :)

This hostel has a really high review on hostelworld, but I'm not really sure why. It's not bad or anything, it's just not amazing either. The wifi was patchy at best and I was told it would work in my room which it didn't. I paid £29 for a 6 bed dorm that had a push button shower. I've stayed in hostels that I thought had better facilities that were cheaper, admittedly I was there in the middle of the Galway Arts Festival, which is going to drive up prices. They do a great free breakfast.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great place also for a stay with the family. Thank you!

• 24th Jul 2014

Kinlay staff were unbelievably helpful and flexible, including moving up our prearranged check in time to accommodate for some last minute changes to our travel itinerary. 10/10, would love to visit again!

• 24th Jul 2014