Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

have to add dinner facilities .

• 24th Jul 2015
  • India

It's a very cute hostel with all that you need and right near town. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was helpful.

Big hostel didnt meet too many people. Good value for money. Thanks

Excellent hostel, friendly staff, fabulous location, nice breakfast. I especially appreciated having a sink and a table in my private room. A chair to go with the table would have made my stay perfect.

Thank you for the great review! So sorry about the chair issue. We will get few chairs - pronto

Basic hostel, basic breakfast but free access to kitchen. Good place for visit Cork for a budget

Very friendly staff but the worst hostel I'd stayed in yet. DEFINITELY not horrible, worth it for the price, but no place to lock up your stuff, only toast for breakfast, and you have to hand in and retrieve your key each time you come and go.

There was no help from staff in bringing luggage to the room which was on third floor. I wouldn't need such help if there was an elevator but it wasn't there. Also kitchen wasn't big enough to keep food there because fridges were full and some food in it was smelly. My room was a disaster broken window lockers, terrible smell of chlorine. I couldn't ask staff anything about town the only source of information I got was my roommates and my tour guide.

We were just looking for somewhere to rest our heads for a few hours, so we didn't spend too much time in the hostel but we did notice how unclean the carpet was. The taps in the room and bathroom are also quick troublesome. The locks on the bathrooms badly need to be changed before someone gets locked inside!

We had a really nice stay with you!

• 10th Jul 2015

Glad to hear!

Staff were not very knowledgeable of the area, nor were they willing to provide advice. Always seemed to be in a rush to get you to leave or were just not interested in talking.

• 10th Jul 2015

I chose this hostel because it has bike storage facilities. I stayed in an 8-bed mixed dorm. The room was clean and quite spacious, staff extremely nice and helpful - they found my lost keys :), breakfast was self -service, with toaster bread, butter, jam nad hot water, teabags and instant coffee provided. The location was quiet for a Friday night in the city centre. I got everything I needed for a reasonable price plus the staff made my day with their approach and smiles.

Thank you for the positive feedback! You have made our day in return! Happy onward travels

This place was awful! The door to the room had a broken door handle, which was a fire hazard! People were smokingput in the hallways. It was all just so gross. I was so thankful I was only there for a day, if I had planned on staying longer I would have left early.

The staff were very helpful! I had a very pleasant stay!

Nice room,centrally located and good value.

Only stayed for one night. Good hostel. Cheap but felt safe. Staff was nice and helpful when we arrived. Breakfast was sub par- toast and butter...but I don't usually expect much from a cheap hostel. Would stay here again!

First time staying in a hostel next time we would probably prefer a private room as we were noisy and disturbed people

• 3rd Jul 2015

Poor choice for the breakfast. There was no cold water in the room and the hot water was extremly hot !

Kinlay house was good for the price. The free breakfast consisted of toast and tea or instant coffee. The light was broken in one shower stall and the door was broken in another.

Kinlay House Cork is an uphill walk from the bus station, but the friendly staff and nice accommodation made it worth it. We stayed in a female dorm on the top floor. Climbing the flights of stairs did get old and the bed lights didn't turn on, but the room was comfortable. Our favorite part of our stay was when one of the friendly hostel staff invited us into a nearby pub to hear an after-hours session with some incredible musicians. It was Irish hospitality at its finest.

Clean your sheet and your bathroom. Please fixe your shower....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5