Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

Very accommodating staffs and good location.

Nice place next to the city center, easy to find because it is near a tower. I met here super cool people from all over the world. Staying includs breakfast. Excellent value for money.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

The position is great and the value for money more than worth the choice. Me and my girlfriend felt "ok" about the hostel all in all. The staff was super-nice and kind, providing all the info and the items needed during our stay, which, however, was only one night. The shared bathroom were not very clean, or I should probably say, not clean at all. In my opinion, in an hostel with shared bathrooms..those have to be cleaned up pretty often and not once a day (probably).

Dirty. Noisy. Only cold water showers.

• 21st Aug 2015

A lot of tour companies have posted ads around the place, which detracts from the atmosphere. The breakfast is a little lacking as well. However, there is very good security and location.

room 210 is full of mold which may be dangerous to the health of visitors

Had a great stay! Was very impressed with the man at the front desk. Super helpful for recommendations. We were pleasantly surprised by a wonderful treat of having our own room for our 8 person group instead of 8 beds in a 12 bed mixed room that we had booked. Super sweet of them to do that for us.

• 18th Aug 2015

Great area unbeatable prices and staff are genuinely nice ,they're not just looking happy cause their in work ,very friendly . would recommend it to anyone on a budget and nice bed for a night

Excellent value hostel in the centre of town. Majority of our stay was in an en suite twin room, with both facilities and cleanliness very good. The only downside was rather poor sound insulation with the room next door ...we could hear conversation etc quite easily.

• 14th Aug 2015

Very friendly place - especially kitchen! We loved your breakfasts! Definitely recommend! :)

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Poland

very bad bed

first time staying in a hostel would recomend it

• 10th Aug 2015

Lovely and helpful staff, close enough to city center, yet wonderfully quiet when time to sleep!

I didn't spend much time in the hostel, but it was great and cheap! Huge dining room, nice bedroom, breackfast included... The position is good, from the window I could see the city because it's on a hill. I must say I got lost the first time but there are the indications actually. The only strange thing that happened is that they didn't have enough keys for my bedroom so they had to open the door for me... but great hostel!

I like this Hostel and I come from Dublin to stay every 2 months at Kinlay. This side of town has got beautiful buildings close by and chiming clock . it's only 5 mins walk to get to Cork city shops & bars. The hostel it'self can be a little noisy at throughout the night with some banging sounds ! because people usually that stay in Hostel are party people who enjoy Cork city night life which is normal. you only live once ! The staff are nice people. my Rate 70% it could be a little cheaper.

Really nice place, just up hill in a great neighbourhood, still ABSOLUTE close to the city centre Staff is quilified for help, I asked for stay in a next place and got recommended: Ennis, Doolin, Clifden Doolin it was, now there, AWESOME and tomorrow Clifden Great recommomndation from a great staff member

Thank you guys. I had a great time there. Good job! :-)

I always stay there when I'm in Cork

Do yourself a favour a spend a little more & go to bru. It started with extremely obnoxious staff & went downhill from there. I know it's very very budget but there has to be some standards.

• 6th Aug 2015

We had a good time at Kinlay Hostel. The condition of the kitchen could be better.

• 6th Aug 2015