Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

Great location, great price. Felt safe and clean. I would definitely go back.

Wifi was quite poor. Facilities are okay. No atmosphere at all. Good to relax but.

Avoid this place. The room was damp and had poor air circulation. I started to get sick the day after I slept here, and pretty sure it had something to do with that room. Also skeptical as to if they actually change their sheets. Bathroom wasn't clean and although there was a soap dispenser, it was empty the entire time. Staff was polite, but you had to press them for info otherwise you got nothing. I'll repeat - look elsewhere.

The room was clean, but a little bit cold and wet :/. The breakfast was ok.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Overall, we had a nice time! The hostel was average but it had GREAT WIFI!!!!!! The staff was also very helpful giving recommendations and very nice!

Rude owner and particularly unhelpful staff, felt like a real effort asking for information and other help. Rooms on the 3rd floor are average at very best and mine was infested with flies. Kitchen is large but virtually appliance empty so good luck cooking with a pan each. Would not recommend at all.

what's up with the super dim lights in the rooms?

In the toilet beside my room, there is no toilet paper in the arriving and next morning😔😔😔, the other thing is kitchen facilities for me to cook dinner are very few.

Overall stay was good, but it kind of worried me that when i requested a key for the room I was staying in, the staff member who had never seen me before didn't ask for proof that I was staying in that room or even for my name.

• 16th Sep 2015

Staff were terrible. The private room I stayed in was no better than a prison cell. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was clean, and everything was done very cheap.

• 14th Sep 2015

We stayed for one night in a room of 10. The ensuite bathroom was spacius with a really great shower for a hostel. The wifi on the third floor didn't work, so we had to go downstairs for that. There could have been more cups in the kitchen, at breakfast many people had to drink their coffee out of bowls. The staff was nice and we could leave our luggage in the hostel for the whole day after check out.

Do not pay for laundry service. Some of my clothes were not washed, and when I told the man at the front desk he mocked me and was very rude. Good beds. Showers were scolding hot and could not adjust temperature.

In genereal, everything was ok. But if I think about certain things...: At least there should be provided some soap in the bathrooms to wash the hands after using the toilet - this should be a must! The beds are ok for a few nights. If you don't move during the night, you'll wake up in a recess. And if you move during the night, you have to be careful not to wake up your bedneighbour(s), because the beds jar so much. The breakfast is ok too, but contains exclusively toast.

People in such good moods at Kinlay House at breakfast - sunny dispositions all around with increasing sentiments in discussion toward accepting more and more of these indeed potentially quite beneficial refugees shown on television into each others' own countries. And the coffee at the breakfast regimen is great.

Would go there again.

I stayed for almost two weeks because I made friends with the other guests. I'm still in Cork, but in a new hostel because I honestly had had enough of the unhelpful and ridiculously rude staff. The exception was the man who seemed to be the manager, his son and a man called Tom who were all nice and accommodating, but the rest of the staff seemed completely uninterested in being helpful or friendly. If you stay avoid contact with the immature balding ginger called Andy. No soap in toilets.

This hostel is ok. Its definitely budget accommodation and you get what you pay for in that respect. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was fine. There were no lockers in the room but the front desk was happy to look after valuables. The kitchen facilities were ok, just old. The fridges in particular were pretty disgusting and so full that they didn't work very well at all. I liked the location but probably wouldn't go there again as I didn't find it very clean or friendly.

Definitely a budget stay, not bad, could be a tad cleaner. Tea and toast for breakfast were great, and location is also good.

some of the showers need attention and locks were broken on some toilets, plug socket in dorm needs sorting out. Otherwise very good , good value and served me very well for the time I was there.

• 30th Aug 2015

Room and bathroom were both clean. The reception staff was friendly and helpful. It's in a good location to get to the center, but also to get the bus to Blarney. 2 min walk to the bus stop. Two downsides for me are no lockers and when they say breakfast ends at 9:30, they mean it. They kicked us out of the kitchen/dining area as soon as the clock hit 9:30. Never had it happen before and didn't appreciate it. Other than that the hostel is super nice and a good value.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7