Kinlay House Cork

Very Good 3042 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
15th Mar 2017
8.0

Great hostel! They had super nice bathrooms, the room was really clean and we had the most beautiful view of cork! The breakfast is just bread and tea/coffee which was fine by me but I noticed other people complained. Good kitchen, great staff! However the wifi is awful, good luck using it.

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Mar 2017
8.0

It was an easy enough find though I did take a few wrong turns but that is also because I didn't have directions right in front of me and have a tendency of getting lost, but I found it. The wi-fi worked best in the TV/Lounge room though was fine everywhere else in the building if you needed it. The price I paid is what I expected the room to be like. It was fairly comfy and I trusted my stuff to not be stolen in a 10 people mixed dorm. Overall it was a good stay.

10th Mar 2017
2.0

I would give this a negative review if possible. The staff was horrible! The rudest anybody has ever been towards me! The hostel also wasn't clean, the wifi didn't work, there was no common area, no complimentary lockers in the rooms, the luggage storage was insecure - anybody could go in there. This was the worst place I've ever stayed! DO NOT WASTER YOUR MONEY THERE!

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
9th Mar 2017
6.9

Overall this was an ok hostel, but some of the staff weren't nice and there wasn't much of an atmosphere that leads to meeting people. The facilities were ok but not great. I'd say if you're just looking for a cheap bed this hostel is great, but if you're looking for a real travel experience this isn't a place very conducive to that.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
4th Mar 2017
6.6

Good location and friendly staff but the rooms are very dated and the bathroom was dirty.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
3rd Mar 2017

Fantastic hostel. Good value, well-located, exceptionally friendly staff (we had a superb welcome where the staff member highlighted some local pubs for us and made us feel at home) and good security (several locks before you get in to the dorms). There are plug sockets by every bed, Wi-Fi basically every where and several places to sit and meet other people (or just relax). 10/10.

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017
8.0

the staff was extremely helpful and nice, gave us a bunch of recommendations. They also put all of our beds together in the mixed dorm which was nice. The bathroom didn't have any soap but other than that the bathrooms were fine. Beds were comfortable and overall it was a great stay!

• Spain, Female, 25-30
21st Feb 2017
7.1

We booked four beds in a big room and as they had a four beds room free they offer us that one, that was very nice of them, but the room smelt very bad and I didnt feel it clean. But in general, to spend a cheap weekend is ok.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
13th Feb 2017
5.4

First and foremost I must say the staff at the faculty were amazing. They helped us with directions, gave us extra sheets when we were cold and helped us make arrangements. However the hostel itself is old, cold and a dated facility. There are no security lockers beneath the bed and no keys for the dorm rooms, only a 3 digit combination lock. The breakfast in the morning was instant coffee or tea and sliced bread. The refrigerators are filled with old food and the kitchens are dim and cold

• Italy, Male, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Poor Breakfast but the hostel is so nice and cozy