Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

2090 Total Reviews

I was extremely impressed with the staff upon arrival and during my time there. They were very helpful and easy to talk too. I was disapointed in the cleanliness of my bed as there was hair stuck to my pillow when I arrived. I was also disapointed that there was not enough keys for everyone in my room so those who got back later had to knock on the door to be let in and hope that they weren't waking anyone up to be let in. Other than that though, the hostel was a good experience.

We stayed in a deluxe double bed private in kinlay house. The room and bathroom were clean and well equipped, the shower might have been the best I have ever seen in a hostel and breakfast was just as ok as hostel breakfast can be. The staff has been very friendly and competent and there always has been someone there to help. Just next time... no more partys in the tv-room please! ;)

• 9th Apr 2015

Hostel was ok for the money it costs but i cannot say i felt very comfortable there. Some staff was nice, other (the cleaning lady in the kitchen) wasn´t that polite. Compared to Kinlay hostel in Galway the one in Cork is so so much worse, obviously things can be done better. But for two nights i enjoyed my stay. I suggest not to give more freedom to people in the hostel, no kicking people out of kitchen at 9:30, just stop serving breakfast, also the common room could be opened longer. 6/10

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

This hostel is perfectly located, near the main areas to visit. Staff is lovely, and breakfast is FREE. Great security system, you leave your door-key at reception desk whenever you go out, there is a code to enter the building. The only thing that might be bothersome is that they heat the rooms on full-power between 7PM and 9PM so make sure your are out between 7 and 10PM if you do not wish to melt. Very good service overall for the price ! I recommend it !

Good place to stay but we would have like a little bit more choice for the breakfast

• 4th Apr 2015

Staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. We had a flight cancelled and had to stay an extra night, and they worked with us to arrange that, on a busy Saturday no less!

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Spain

The Kinlay house is in a great location! The bus stop is almost right outside the hostel. It was a bit loud but the rooms were very clean and the wifi worked pretty well.

Says we have a private bathroom but not, asked the receptionist who said "yes we did not put it on the website.." . Had to go to the common bathroom which were not really clean. Breakfast ends at 9:30 which is quite early. Almost kicked out the last day while having breakfast (we were supposed to leave the room at 10:30.. A few things not working like electricity, lights..

• 20th Mar 2015

Sorry - but our 4-Bedded Private Rooms are not en Suite - they have shared bathrooms on the corridors.

Great hostel with great staff and a great atmosphere. Stayed for about a week this time and found a new person to chat with every day. Whether it is at breakfast or in the dorm. I can warmly recommend it!

• 20th Mar 2015

The staff were friendly & efficient. Pretty central location, which is easy to find. The hostel was very quiet during my stay and I almost had a dorm to myself. The fact that a keycard was not required and doors are locked by a code is handy. The only negative point to my otherwise pleasant stay was the fact that parts of building looked in need of some attention.

Good place to stay with in an excellent location in the middle of the town.

• 14th Mar 2015

Smoke smell in the room.

• 13th Mar 2015

The Kinlay House was a nice hostel located quite close to the centre of town. We stayed in a twin private room and it had it's own attached bathroom and bunk beds. Breakfast of toast is included in the price. The staff were very helpful in making recommendations and answering any questions that we had. The wifi didn't work in our room but worked very well in the hall and in the kitchen.

We spent there a night in March 2015. I can say we great time, staff were really friendly and helpful. The accommodation was clean and relavant for the price. The breakfest seemed to me fresh and relevant for the price as well. We can highly recommed to stay at Kinley House.

Very friendly and helpful staff, free breakfast, clean ensuite bathroom, located in a quiet part of the town, so no "party noise" from outside - no lockers inside the dorm, heating was turned on very high, so with 10 people in a room it became almost unbearable, lock for the bathroom door was broken

Main issue was with the plugs in our room in that they only worked when we taped our plugs in against the sockets

• 28th Feb 2015

The beds are really good for being a hostel. You also get breakfast, not that common, even if its poor.

Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. the bed in the dorm was very comfortable and the room and rest of the hostel were clean. Very happy with my stay there. Many thanks to the staff.

• 6th Feb 2015

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We had the best time in Cork. Definitely going to be back to Cork every chance we get. Have already told loads of friends about Kinlay house and will keep recommending it. We had a great time. Thank you

• 31st Jan 2015