Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

1973 Total Reviews

Only in cork 1 night didn't even go in the common areas so can't say a lot about them, but the staff I spoke to were very helpful giving us a map and writing on it various places worth checking out, and the location was really good 5 mins walk from the the bus station and the city centre, room was ok for the money decent beds and clean enough bathrooms

• 17th Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The four bed private room was soooo small! Besides from that, it is relatively well positioned, the breakfast was really on the threshold of acceptability, cool TV room with unfortunately old fornitures, the common bathroom was not particularly clean. Moreover, some of the staff members (especially the "eating room staff", but also one of the receptionists ) were nort particularly friendly and/or helpful

Double room turned out to be a triple bunk bed so watch out for that. The room was clean - though the window was broken and let lots of rain in. The staff were very pleasant, the kitchen was fine - though someone stole some of my food. Breakfast was awful, they didn't even have real milk only UHT. It just wasn't great value, and I won't be back. Next time I'm in Cork with soneone I'd pay maybe 5 or 10 euro more each and get a B

Good breakfast and nice people!

well this was my second time to stay at Kinlay house Cork.Staff are always really helpful with any needs you may have,and even though i travel alone i never feel it when i stay there-so cheers lads and ladettes.

• 10th Oct 2014

The staff was all very helpful, the room was very clean, and the location was very close to city center. I had a great experience and would recommend this hostel to anyone.

I really liked spend these days in this hostel, people with whom I shared the room were very nice and all the Staff of the hostel also, thanks

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Nice place to stay! There is a huge kitchen for use, a light breakfast. Wifi worked really well. Bathrooms were decent, though the locks on the toilet and shower doors need to be looked at, they are awful. Also, the doors to the room are awkward and need to be shoved pretty hard to open. Rooms were nice a spacious with lots of places to store stuff. Staff was friendly and nice. The hostel is quite loud, especially the church bell next door that rings at all hours!

Was only there for a few hours sleep in the end but was very nice and comfortable.

• 13th Sep 2014

Not the best part of town. Needs more power points in the room. Otherwise clean and decent.

Generous kitchen and excellent wi-fi, but guys, please do something about your showers. When all the user can do is to switch them on or off it'd be nice to get warm water at least. Oh, and a great location in the very heart of Shandon, on a small hill.

It was easy to find and close enough to the city centre (I remember we went everywere walking) and, most important in my trip, we could park the car just in front of the building. Fast internet (free) and cheap drinks too

Aaaamazing!

• 30th Aug 2014

Great hostel! I stayed in a mix dorm which meant I shared the bathroom, which was really clean. It's located very close to the city center ,wifi is excellent, beds have a usb port to charge your phone or tablet, breakfast was fine, staff was really friendly. Very nice hostel!

• 29th Aug 2014

Best Hostel in Ireland bar none.

• 22nd Aug 2014

This may not be the most organised of hostels but it had a nice atmosphere. And there was no hassle leaving luggage and collecting it later. The kitchen was good. Also, a online PC was available to hostellers. I will stay here again on my next visit to Cork.

There's no locker facilities, tv room is closed at certain hours. Location is decent. Shower and toilet is okay, kitchen is good but would prefer if we can stay there after 10pm as well. Maybe until 12? Should add more plugs source in the room and fix the shaken bed

This hostel is fine. Just a few little issues. The kitchen needs to be updated. It's cramped and hard to operate the cook tops. I also find it strange that the biggest common area (the dining room) shuts down at 10pm. Which causes people drinking to be herded into the cosy TV room and interrupt people relaxing there. It doesn't really help the atmosphere all that much. If these things could be addressed than this hostel would be great.

The staff was extremely friendly so I felt very welcome. I loved the TV room, it was really comfortable. I don't have anything really negative to say, except that I wish there was wifi in the rooms and the only thing that bothered me was the fact that the ladder to the top bunk I was staying in was not entirely connected to the frame which made it tricky getting up and down. Other than that, for the price, everything was great!

• 15th Aug 2014

Very pleased to have selected kinleyhouse. I feel delighted with meeting new people everyday. Downside would be to ear the bells ringing all day long sometimes, otherwise Its a fun hotel (-:

• 13th Aug 2014