Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

It was a great stay. Walking distance for food and trams. Comfortable, secure, and convenient.

V hostelu Kinlay House Cork se malinko zastavil čas, ale jinak vše v pohodě:-)

#kinlay house #thegrand #yay #killarney #zomg

Overall was a pretty good hostel. Most of the reception staff were great, the kitchen staff were very pushy though and would yell at you to get out in the mornings. Nice view from my third floor window and the bathrooms were clean. The kitchen is a mess though - the stoves are very hard to use (you need a lighter, and there are no knobs to turn), equipment is very outdated. But all in all, not a bad place to say in Cork :)

This hostel was perfect to stay in for location and value for money. Two of the staff I spoke to a lot were so friendly and helpful! Only complaint would be the kitchen staff /timing. Breakfast (which is only toast) ends at 930 ad then they clean the whole kitchen after so you get sort of kicked out or feel rushed if you drop down for breakfast in the last half hour. Not a huge deal I would still stay here again as everything else about it still makes up for that!

A very nice place to spend the night. I had the best sleep ever! The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are warm, clean and had some great views. A very enjoyable stay overall.

It´s a very nice place to stay, very nice and friendly staff and location is brilliant. One disadvantage is bad isolated windows, so you can hear everything from ouside eve with closed window. But I can recommend this hostel anyway.

The staff were very friendly and helpful at the Kinlay house and there's a great atmosphere.

• 30th Jan 2014

My stay here was extremely enjoyable. They had everything you need to be comfortable, but they go above and beyond to make your stay fun. The people working there had great information and were just willing to chat as well.

• 24th Jan 2014

Nice location and quick access to city centre and bus station

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Mauritius

Would appreciate cereals with milk for the breakfast.

Very nice place!

• 31st Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Well located hostel, just a few minutes walk from the centre of Cork, with friendly staff and adequate facilities.

Mold on bathroom ceiling, quite cold rooms, very bad condition of windows

very nice staff; rooms basic but clean warm and comfy

The staff was very kind and helpful. Excellent location, 5 minutes walking from the city centre and quiet. Kitchen and rooms clean and with everything you may need.

Showers could be better and wi-fi could work everywhere, but the overall cost benefit is great.

First impression - very old

• 4th Dec 2013
  • Poland

We had a great experience there. We've booked 6 beds in a girls room but once there, they gave us a private ensuite room for us, for the same price, and the same hapend with the boys than came with us. The hostel is just 5' walking from the city centre. And it has tv room, where you can interact with other travellers. The only bad thing was the breakfast's hours, from 7:30 -9:30, in my opinion, a bit early for a weekend stay.

Hostel? I don't think so. You give them the money and they give you a key, not much of a hostel. It is a horrible place to stay. I had no hot water for three days. Curtain in my room was broken and laying on the shelf, huge hole in my wall, dirty sink and carpets. The showers were some of the worst I have seen in Europe. Staff could not care less about anything. Breakfast was only frozen bread. Wifi didn't work. I have traveled 150 countries as a backpacker mainly, my advice, do not stay here.

• 31st Oct 2013