Kinlay House Cork

7.6
Very Good 3140 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
18th May 2017

Breakfast was disappointing only toast and tea. Everything else was amazing! Deffo would go again (but bring our own food)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
15th May 2017
4.6

Staff were rude except for 2 guys at reception. Breakfast was over way to soon and we got yelled at 9:25 to leave the dinning area. Beds are uncomfortable and not clean. It is ok for 2 nights but there are other better hostel s in Cork.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
13th May 2017
6.0

We didn't feel comfortable in this hostel at all. When we checked in the staff weren't friendly and the remainder of our stay they didn't acknowledge us at all. The vibe in the hostel wasn't comfortable for three girls traveling alone. The bedroom and bathroom were clean but the kitchen was a little dirty. If you're just looking for a place to sleep it's fine but not somewhere you would want to hangout.

• USA, Female, 25-30
8th May 2017

This was my first stay in a hostel and it has set the bar very high. For around 20$ I got the best view of the city a quiet room with a bathroom. Breakfast was only toast and coffee/tea but there is a full kitchen to prepare your own full breakfast. The desk staff was incredibly helpful every time I spoke with them. The bell tower wasn't a problem even with the window open all hours. walking distance to everything. The next visit to Cork, I will stay here again.

Thank you for the positive feedback! Glad your first hostel experience was a good one too...

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
26th Apr 2017
6.3

I didn't end up staying the night, I checked in, went to my room. It was really worn and old and had a funky smell like boiled cabbage. I could also hear clearly the 3 men in the room next door talking so had quite poor sound insulation. I went to dinner, and the show I was seeing in the Everyman and decided I couldn't stay there for the night so collected my bag, there was nobody at the desk when I returned to the hostel or when I came down stairs so I dropped my key and left before 11pm.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017

Good stay as always. GOod hostel, only 10 min walk from the city center, 8 if you walk fast haha. Good security, breakfast as most hostels have. I would totally recommend this hostel for a stay in Cork!

22nd Apr 2017

I read the recent negative reviews for Kinlay and was confused. I did not encounter racism or mold. I was in one of their ensuite single rooms and found a clean bathroom, decent shower, very comfortable bed, and clean sheets. The building was old, but you expect that...Right? I'd stay again.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the positive feedback!

• Simplyhugh
  • Ireland, Couple, 25-30
21st Apr 2017

I've stayed here before and I'll stay here again. A lovely place to be without a doubt.

• constableshane2546
  • England, Male, 41+
20th Apr 2017

Overall a very nice stay, the room was a little hot and there was a boiler nearby that was a bit noisy. Location is brilliant for the city centre, parking was challenging, but now we have located the Q park and got our bearings we would have no problem for the future.

• Spain, Female, 31-40
16th Apr 2017
7.4

The breakfast is served 7 to 9:30 and if you arrive one minute late, you won't have it. The rest was fine. The beds were comfortable.

Thank you for your review. Sorry we have to be strict timewise on the breakfast - it does run for 2 and a half hours though!