Kinlay House Cork

Very Good 3021 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 31-40
13th Feb 2017
5.4

First and foremost I must say the staff at the faculty were amazing. They helped us with directions, gave us extra sheets when we were cold and helped us make arrangements. However the hostel itself is old, cold and a dated facility. There are no security lockers beneath the bed and no keys for the dorm rooms, only a 3 digit combination lock. The breakfast in the morning was instant coffee or tea and sliced bread. The refrigerators are filled with old food and the kitchens are dim and cold

• Italy, Male, 25-30
10th Feb 2017

Poor Breakfast but the hostel is so nice and cozy

9th Feb 2017
7.1

Toaster broken for several days. Unable to boil an egg for breakfast because of cooking restrictions. No free coffee,teabags or milk available for evening drink. No cereal available for breakfast.

• Ireland, Male, 31-40
4.3

You don't get a key or a keycard, just a 5 digit password, so anyone can walk into your room. I arrived in plenty of time and left a small bag on my assigned bed. Came back that night, not only was someone in my bed (cause her bed was taken), my stuff was dumped on the floor. I emailled the hostel aftwards when I realised some of my possessions were gone, and they never bothered responding. If you don't bring anything of value and you don't mind getting moved about at random, it's functional.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
28th Jan 2017

The hostel itself was great. The staff were wonderful, the atmosphere was welcoming, and the premises felt very safe and clean. Some of the other guests were a bit loud and mildly disrespectful when coming home during the early hours of the morning, making it difficult to sleep. This is really my only complaint. I might be cautious of this and perhaps bring with me some earplugs or headphones to help with the noise. Overall, the place was great and well-worth it! Would recommend!

8.0

Would not go on a weekend: VERY full.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Jan 2017

Great place for the money. I felt like me and my belongings were safe. Complimentary breakfast was only toast and tea, which was a let down. Overall good experience.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 18-24
13th Jan 2017

Niiiiiice!!!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Jan 2017
7.1

Kinlay House was in a generally good location if you want to see the city. We also went to Blarney and to the Jameson Factory and had to take a short bus ride/train ride to get there which was nice. Really bad wifi. No wifi in the rooms and it was really slow in the "internet cafe"

• Dwyrngl
  • Ireland, Female, 31-40
31st Dec 2016

I always stay here when I.m in cork, I.m a bit of a regular and I always get a warm welcome.