Very Good 2,621 Total Reviews
Very Good 2,621 Total Reviews
Kinlay House Cork Located at Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork.
Ireland
Cork Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon
74% 2621
51.9031229 -8.4750509
    Rooms available

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
8.0

It was a great experience. I loved the atmosphere inside and would love to come back one day if I am heading to Cork. But I think that the breakfast should be improve since I didn't find anything to chose from.

16th Apr 2016
6.9

Good price. No lockers in the room. I stayed only for one night and I couldn't use the shower cause I didn't know how to use it, I've never seen a system like that one (you should put some instructions). Only two plugs in the room for ten beds, quite hard to charge your phone. One bathroom for ten people in the room.

• Ireland, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2016

Lovely place. I stayed in the 10 bed dorm with ensuit at it was great! Lovely TV room and plenty of space to relax! Extremely friendly staff on arrival and great wifi 😄 Definitely recommended and I would certainly stay again.

Thank you! Glad you liked it here.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016
7.4

We stayed in the adjoining private rooms, the hostel is in a good location, the staff were generally helpful, my only issue was the heating didn't come on and we couldn't figure out how to turn it on and by the time we needed it the night-time staff member was unable to assist us, we were also unfortunate that it was a cold night. The room itself was very nice and spacious, prior to the heating issue it was great, I think perhaps a run through of the room beforehand would have helped.

• England, Female, 31-40
3rd Apr 2016

Great hostel, lovely staff and our room was fantastic. if the breakfast was a bit better Id have given it 10/10 that's the only bad thing I can say about it - especially the lack of decent coffee. Aside from that, we love Kinlay house and will definitely return next time we're in Cork. Thanks again!

Thank you! We will look into the coffee issue pronto...

1st Apr 2016
6.0

First of all I can't really say anything horrible. It is what it is. A pretty affordable place to spend a night or two. Room was ok. Bathroom/Shower ok. Breakfast really below average. Facility ok. Staff pretty good. But if you're looking for atmosphere move along. There is zero backpacker vibe here! Many long term guests. More like a boarding house. I would NOT suggest a solo female stay here. Not a security issue per se. Just uncomfortable. This isn't a bad place but I can't recommend a stay.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
1st Apr 2016
6.0

16 bed dorm, one power outlet, no mirror, no rubbish bin. You get what you pay for. The room was clean, the bed was fine, the pillow was super thin. The washroom was mixed ( although it stated that they where segregated washroom on seperate floors . But this place is a maze) overall it was an alright place to rest your head at night this hostel is overall average. The staff where helpful.

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to write a review. To address the issues you have raised; we are in the process of installing more power-points in the dormitory rooms; they are both unisex and single sex bathrooms available in the hostel; they are waste bins provided in all of our rooms, perhaps on the day of your stay someone had removed it from it's usual space. Thanks again for your review! We always appreciate customer feedback.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2016
2.0

This stay was not enjoyable. The staff were very rude and unwelcoming. Our room looked like a dungeon literally speaking. It didn't match the pictures as advertised in any way. The toilets were clogged and backed up. Lighting would flicker on and off, and the window fell apart. We forgot our key pass one night by accident and upon our arrival the front desk representative yelled at us and was very hostile to us. We felt very uncomfortable and unwanted. Do not stay here.

27th Mar 2016
6.3

Breakfast really "poor". Just bread, butter and coffee. The rooms dont have lockers, but if you want you can leave your stuffs at the reception. The toilet is big, but not so clean. Dind have soap.

25th Mar 2016
6.9

This place is adequate-- in the city center area but a little bit of a walk to things you want to see, reasonable facilities (ok bathrooms and rooms but kitchen is waaay too small/not enough burners or cups). Good common room and cheap and clean, so you won't wish you wouldn't have stayed here, but it's not going to blow your mind.