Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

We had a good time at Kinlay Hostel. The condition of the kitchen could be better.

• 6th Aug 2015

There are some room for improvement in terms of facilities provided. 1/ internet access is a big problem in the Internet room . The key of the key board is not in good condition. But, no one fixes it. 2/ The tap in the bathroom is difficult to use. 3/ The receptionist does not allow guests to use the telephone for important matter. That's bad. 4/There should be a telephone booth for public use by guest in the hostel . `i found that most guests found it difficult to make local calls.

doulebedroom very cozy, staff very friendly

The hostel is not in a good position and you have to walk a bit to reach the center but Cork isn't so large so it's not a big problem, probably less than 15 minutes to the bus station. To enter your dorm you need to insert a combination on a small pad: that's good so you don't have to carry around a key-card... but the combinaion to digit is the same of another room (i entered it in error). Small breakfast in the morning is like in any other hostel in Ireland. There's a good internet lounge ...

Keuken was prima, maar meeste gaspitjes waren defect. Tevens was de wc kapot in ons luxe (dure) apartement. Dit werd ook niet gemeld bij het inchecken en was dus enigszins teleurstellend.

Amazing place to stay. Nice and tidy.

Big kitchen with oven

The hostel could be a bit more clean but I can go on with it, and the foreign staff and general people there were cool, but the irish hostellers were unbelievable: looked bored to work there, bad mannered and unhelpful on Corkcity. The ginger receptionist took my icecream out of the fridge, gave it some byte and then put it away claiming "90% is still there" My polite complain, got as an answer"shut up or i'll throw you out in the night" showin me a sign at the entrance authorizing him doing so

It was a good place

• 28th Jul 2015

I stayed 1 day there and it was really pretty cold welcome and besides people really so very little professional and poorly helpful ,environment very sad and tough that mirrors both the staff's characteristics and the deportment.

• 24th Jul 2015

have to add dinner facilities .

• 24th Jul 2015
  • India

It's a very cute hostel with all that you need and right near town. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was helpful.

Big hostel didnt meet too many people. Good value for money. Thanks

Excellent hostel, friendly staff, fabulous location, nice breakfast. I especially appreciated having a sink and a table in my private room. A chair to go with the table would have made my stay perfect.

Thank you for the great review! So sorry about the chair issue. We will get few chairs - pronto

Basic hostel, basic breakfast but free access to kitchen. Good place for visit Cork for a budget

Very friendly staff but the worst hostel I'd stayed in yet. DEFINITELY not horrible, worth it for the price, but no place to lock up your stuff, only toast for breakfast, and you have to hand in and retrieve your key each time you come and go.

There was no help from staff in bringing luggage to the room which was on third floor. I wouldn't need such help if there was an elevator but it wasn't there. Also kitchen wasn't big enough to keep food there because fridges were full and some food in it was smelly. My room was a disaster broken window lockers, terrible smell of chlorine. I couldn't ask staff anything about town the only source of information I got was my roommates and my tour guide.

We were just looking for somewhere to rest our heads for a few hours, so we didn't spend too much time in the hostel but we did notice how unclean the carpet was. The taps in the room and bathroom are also quick troublesome. The locks on the bathrooms badly need to be changed before someone gets locked inside!

We had a really nice stay with you!

• 10th Jul 2015

Glad to hear!

Staff were not very knowledgeable of the area, nor were they willing to provide advice. Always seemed to be in a rush to get you to leave or were just not interested in talking.

• 10th Jul 2015