Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

Do not pay for laundry service. Some of my clothes were not washed, and when I told the man at the front desk he mocked me and was very rude. Good beds. Showers were scolding hot and could not adjust temperature.

In genereal, everything was ok. But if I think about certain things...: At least there should be provided some soap in the bathrooms to wash the hands after using the toilet - this should be a must! The beds are ok for a few nights. If you don't move during the night, you'll wake up in a recess. And if you move during the night, you have to be careful not to wake up your bedneighbour(s), because the beds jar so much. The breakfast is ok too, but contains exclusively toast.

People in such good moods at Kinlay House at breakfast - sunny dispositions all around with increasing sentiments in discussion toward accepting more and more of these indeed potentially quite beneficial refugees shown on television into each others' own countries. And the coffee at the breakfast regimen is great.

Would go there again.

I stayed for almost two weeks because I made friends with the other guests. I'm still in Cork, but in a new hostel because I honestly had had enough of the unhelpful and ridiculously rude staff. The exception was the man who seemed to be the manager, his son and a man called Tom who were all nice and accommodating, but the rest of the staff seemed completely uninterested in being helpful or friendly. If you stay avoid contact with the immature balding ginger called Andy. No soap in toilets.

This hostel is ok. Its definitely budget accommodation and you get what you pay for in that respect. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm and it was fine. There were no lockers in the room but the front desk was happy to look after valuables. The kitchen facilities were ok, just old. The fridges in particular were pretty disgusting and so full that they didn't work very well at all. I liked the location but probably wouldn't go there again as I didn't find it very clean or friendly.

Definitely a budget stay, not bad, could be a tad cleaner. Tea and toast for breakfast were great, and location is also good.

some of the showers need attention and locks were broken on some toilets, plug socket in dorm needs sorting out. Otherwise very good , good value and served me very well for the time I was there.

• 30th Aug 2015

Room and bathroom were both clean. The reception staff was friendly and helpful. It's in a good location to get to the center, but also to get the bus to Blarney. 2 min walk to the bus stop. Two downsides for me are no lockers and when they say breakfast ends at 9:30, they mean it. They kicked us out of the kitchen/dining area as soon as the clock hit 9:30. Never had it happen before and didn't appreciate it. Other than that the hostel is super nice and a good value.

Good location, but not in city center. Decent power points in the room, ensuite bathroom was nice. Staff was ok. Not very clean. No hair dryer, even though advertised that they do. Breakfast is only bread, & coffee/tea, it ends at 9:30 & even if you sat down at 9:20, they will kick you out, regardless if you have finished your food or not. They came table to table and said "you need to leave now!" I bought my own bread & didn't go back to breakfast due to that experience

Perfect twin room for my teenage son & I

Very accommodating staffs and good location.

There wasnt much in terms of a "breakfast". just toast. and some of the staff were pretty rude. but overall good place to stay for location and cleanliness. get there early caude parking is limited, and there are alot of beds. Sin é was just up the road.

The kitchen shall be renewed. Two fridges are not enough and may contain products that shall be thrown away. Cold shower in the early morning in the second floor. I had no key of my own room thus I we had to let the door opened... Though, the staff was friendly.

Nice place next to the city center, easy to find because it is near a tower. I met here super cool people from all over the world. Staying includs breakfast. Excellent value for money.

• 23rd Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

The position is great and the value for money more than worth the choice. Me and my girlfriend felt "ok" about the hostel all in all. The staff was super-nice and kind, providing all the info and the items needed during our stay, which, however, was only one night. The shared bathroom were not very clean, or I should probably say, not clean at all. In my opinion, in an hostel with shared bathrooms..those have to be cleaned up pretty often and not once a day (probably).

Dirty. Noisy. Only cold water showers.

• 21st Aug 2015

A lot of tour companies have posted ads around the place, which detracts from the atmosphere. The breakfast is a little lacking as well. However, there is very good security and location.

room 210 is full of mold which may be dangerous to the health of visitors

Had a great stay! Was very impressed with the man at the front desk. Super helpful for recommendations. We were pleasantly surprised by a wonderful treat of having our own room for our 8 person group instead of 8 beds in a 12 bed mixed room that we had booked. Super sweet of them to do that for us.

• 18th Aug 2015