Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

1942 Total Reviews

Very helpful staff, worthwhile stay at the hostel.

Great place. would go to kinlay house again with no second tought

• 6th May 2014
  • Croatia

Decent hostel. A bit disappointed with the breakfast being just toast, and the wifi was very slow/ choppy. Good location and beds we're fine.

Staff was helpful and prices very reasonable.

Could be really a cold room during winter because of those holes around the window. Extremly poor Wifi in room if you are far from the stairs.

• 24th Apr 2014

A thoroughly enjoyable experience. I would definately stay again.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Wales

Overall pretty disappointing- kitchen staff rushes you out of the kitchen early (I think it was 9:30, which is crazy for a hostel). Rooms were dingy, mine had cobwebs on the ceiling. The bed also sagged a ton, my friend was in the bunk below me and was honestly concerned I would fall through the bed in the middle of the night.

I didn't have hot water to shower and had to call 6 times to the reception during almost two hours until somebody at least offered me to use the shared showers (I had paid for a private room). After that, they messed with my check out and sent me an email (while I was off Cork) saying that they would charge me an extra night to my credit card because they hadn't registered my check out. A complete disaster!!!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Argentina

Rooms are old and dirty. Windows and shades broken. Bathrooms okay but only for the most necessary things. Too noisy all night.

Breakfast was poor. But atmosphere was great. I could sense the Irisih-ness by the environment outside, but was a little confused about the reason of the Jazzplayers at the hostel. Unfortunately it was priced above average in comparison to other hostels I've been with the same standards that Kinlay house displayed. But I'm not complaining.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

It was a great stay. Walking distance for food and trams. Comfortable, secure, and convenient.

V hostelu Kinlay House Cork se malinko zastavil čas, ale jinak vše v pohodě:-)

1 2 3 Next » last »