Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

2029 Total Reviews

A third fridge and some cooker knobs would be great

• 4th Aug 2014

Pros: Good location with some parking out front. Wi-Fi worked fine. Private twin room had lots of space/storage for luggage, toiletries etc, which is really appreciated. Cons: "Breakfast" included was really just toast. Laundry facility wasn't self-serve. Toilet/shower room was small and inconvenient.

Kinlay House Cork was a great place to stay. The staff were friendly, the location was nice, and the hostel was well-kept. I would have liked if the bathrooms were cleaned more often, as they weren't done during our stay, but otherwise it was a fantastic place to stay! I definitely recommend it!

Obviously when I booked I knew that a 16-person room is going to be noisier than an 8-person room, for example, but I think the price was a little high for the quality of sleep I received. I understand that july/august is high tourist season, and therefore prices are higher than normal, but I thought paying 15 euros a night was a little steep for the experience.

• 1st Aug 2014