Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

This place was awful! The door to the room had a broken door handle, which was a fire hazard! People were smokingput in the hallways. It was all just so gross. I was so thankful I was only there for a day, if I had planned on staying longer I would have left early.

The staff were very helpful! I had a very pleasant stay!

Nice room,centrally located and good value.

Only stayed for one night. Good hostel. Cheap but felt safe. Staff was nice and helpful when we arrived. Breakfast was sub par- toast and butter...but I don't usually expect much from a cheap hostel. Would stay here again!

First time staying in a hostel next time we would probably prefer a private room as we were noisy and disturbed people

• 3rd Jul 2015

Poor choice for the breakfast. There was no cold water in the room and the hot water was extremly hot !

Kinlay house was good for the price. The free breakfast consisted of toast and tea or instant coffee. The light was broken in one shower stall and the door was broken in another.

Kinlay House Cork is an uphill walk from the bus station, but the friendly staff and nice accommodation made it worth it. We stayed in a female dorm on the top floor. Climbing the flights of stairs did get old and the bed lights didn't turn on, but the room was comfortable. Our favorite part of our stay was when one of the friendly hostel staff invited us into a nearby pub to hear an after-hours session with some incredible musicians. It was Irish hospitality at its finest.

Clean your sheet and your bathroom. Please fixe your shower....

Tv room open 24/7

• 27th Jun 2015

still my favourite hostel in Cork!

We did not enjoy or stay here. While we felt secure and the location was good our room was not clean or comfortable. The bathrooms were not clean and this was of concern. Breakfast was offered for far too short a period in the morning and we declined it due to our concerns with the cleanliness of the rest of the facility. We even found clumps of other people's hair on the carpets and walls were very thin. It seems to us that it is very clear there is such few staff for such a large facility.

Was a good hostel staff is not very friendly. Some dirty hippie ate all 6 of my eggs from the kitchen. Would reccomend. Oh yha the shower was amazing

• 26th Jun 2015

Great place, a little noisy if you are in the private bedrooms building just in the main street instead in the common facilities, but all is very clean and comfortable.

• Spain

Considering the moderate price the place was okay, the staff was mostly helpful and nice and the common areas were clean. The bells nearby were really a problem because apparently they allow anyone to play different songs and that's quite annoying. Overall everything was adequate and better than we expected.

No comments to ad.

• Switzerland

No security for the luggage, instead they argued with me and my wife when we requested them to keep the important stuff under their care. The shower was not in a working position, they didnt even repair it after having shown them the broken shower.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • India

A nice place to stay. Clean and tidy. Friendly staff. Relatively central location to the centre of Cork. Good overall.

This is a great Hostel in a nice location. Staff were pretty good.

The kitchen could have a liilte more accessories.

• 22nd Jun 2015