Kinlay House Cork Reviews

Bob and Joan's Walk, Shandon, Cork, Ireland

1974 Total Reviews

The terrasse is so nice ! Thanks for having so nice persons at the reception and being a comfy place to crash while in Cork !

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. When I go back to Cork, I'm sure I'll stay here again. The staff were incredibly helpful, the facilities were clean, and it was reasonably quiet.

Quiet and a good location.

• 3rd Jun 2014

the young guys were nice and friendly but the old one was very rude. there was no hot water and we were told to have the shower with could water. there ware no lockers in the room and the luggage room to leave the baggage before and after the chec-in/out it wasn't lock and anybody could go inside. the bed was very dirty. my fiend's pillow case was full of hair and he's bald. the back of the matress from the top bed was full of hair ass well. bin not emptied. toilet 1st floor was clean.

Met a good group of people (long-term guests) in the kitchen cooking dinner. The kitchen is old-school and the knives could use some sharpening, but it's clean. Decent hostel, decent location walkable to city center, and has a fantastic view of the Shandon.

I booked a Female room, I was with two men. The bathroom was very dirty with only cold water

• 31st May 2014

Location was okay. It was about 15 minutes to the main part of the city. Beds were gross mine had all kinds of metal pieces in duvet and my friend found ear plugs under her pillow with hair when we first arrived so we knew the beds weren't cleaned. Floor in our bathroom was caving in and was broken in most parts. It was okay but I would probably look for somewhere else before I came back here.

the breakfast was not sufficient

• 29th May 2014

Really bad bed. Rooms to small. Internet was slow. Should fix some of the showers Good living room.

Hot water in the bathroom, basic breakfast and good beds. The hostel doesn't have lockable wardrobe to put suitcases.

Would love to see large lockers in rooms for security

Very helpful staff, worthwhile stay at the hostel.

Great place. would go to kinlay house again with no second tought

• 6th May 2014
  • Croatia

Decent hostel. A bit disappointed with the breakfast being just toast, and the wifi was very slow/ choppy. Good location and beds we're fine.

Staff was helpful and prices very reasonable.

Could be really a cold room during winter because of those holes around the window. Extremly poor Wifi in room if you are far from the stairs.

• 24th Apr 2014