Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Clean and very practical location. Friendly welcome.

The female bathroom is not marked properly so there are constantly men walking in to the bathroom while you get dressed after a shower... Kind of a boring hostel with no vibe

• 20th Apr 2015
  • South Africa

Warm and Friendly Welcome The staff is very nice , friendly and well trained . Lovely location , clean facilitties and fresh atmophiere . Great Place to stay

Helpful staff ,clean rooms, nice atmosphere , the location is perfect .

We had booked to stay on the Sunday in advance, however we ended up heading to Dublin early and needed to book for the Saturday also. The Sunday was a 10-bed dorm and the Saturday we had to book at 16-bed dorm. We asked if we could just stay in the 16-bed dorm for two days instead of having to check out and move rooms on the Sunday and they wouldn't allow this to happen and asked us to pay more to do so even though we were forfeiting the more expensive beds. Completely ridiculous system.

You paid for the location here. The facilities were clean and the faculty welcoming but nothing special. The breakfast (which is included so can't complain too much) was mediocre. The showers were incredibly cold and uncomfortable to use that we avoided them as much as possible. Our room was extremely hot in the middle of April with the thermostat turned completely off. All in all not a bad experience or anything, just not great and definitely not worth the price we paid for it.

• 10th Apr 2015

Really great stay :) staff were amazing always so friendly and helpful! I was in a 20 dorm room which was fine bed and linen were good. My only little complaint was the lockers had not been cleaned and had a good inch of dust. But apart from that the hostel was good and in a great location :)!

• 10th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Kinlay house. A very satisfactory experience. I would definitely stay there again.

• 9th Apr 2015

Friendly staff ,clean room and great location .Free wifi , free maps, free breakfast and free walking tour .

Very good hostel, nice staff, location great, nice sitting room, overall would recommend

Awesome place with an awesome staff and just lovely atmosphere!!

The cleanliness of the hostel was far lower than expected, & the room my friend & I were in was nothing short of a disaster. The room, which was cramped & smelled awful, (6 bed ensuite) looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in the past couple of weeks, if not months: there was dirt & left over objects in the room, in addition to holes in the walls & black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. No evening showers as the water was cold, no proper use the toilet due to its steep sideways incline.

• 8th Apr 2015

the hostel is really good..! the atmosphere is great, the guys at the reception are very nice..the room and bathroom are clean .. the only inconventiente was the cold water! for two nights I had a shower without hot water f..I don't know if it was just a failure or not..but apart this inconvenience I had a great stay

• 7th Apr 2015

I rated almost everything good or excellent. Shout out to the staff, who I found to be more friendly and eager to help than the staff at any hotel I have stayed at. The location was convenient and easy to find. Only downer, no hot water on last morning.

• 6th Apr 2015

We arrived early and the staff told us to go relax and have some breakfast - this was super nice of them! Rooms were good but very limited powerpoints and no lockers in rooms??? Only a few minutes walk to temple bar so not bad at all.

We had a problem with our reservation because we booked 3 nights, but we had to change our bedroom at 10AM on the second day, so the cleaner wake us up and obligated us to check-out. After the attendant managed to relocate us to the same bedroom. So, we had to check-out (repack all our stuff) at 10AM and to check-in at 11AM in the same bedroom. A big mess. Thanks for the attendant, she was very helpful and tried to resolve the problem immediately.

I really liked the location and the facility was clean.

• 5th Apr 2015

Awesome location! Walking distance to Temple Bar district and tourist locations. Clean bathrooms and beds. It was awesome that we were able to pay €2/day for the luggage room (even after we had checked out!). I'd definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Apr 2015

We really liked the Kinlay House Dublin. It had a great feel and excellent security. It was literally so close to everything I couldn't believe we got to walk everywhere. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.

The room was fine, the beds were old and most had holes in, so the mattress sunk through and we weren't so sure about the 'allocated bed' arrangement. I don't think we could have stayed longer than the 2 nights we were there for, especially if we had other people in our dorm room (we were lucky). There was also clearly a botched up hole in the window where some one had broken it through. The kitchen and social room were to a good quality. The atmosphere was great, communal games of pool etc.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7