Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

My room always smelled like dirty feet no matter what time or how many people were in there

The first thing I smelled, were socks. The bathroom was actually a shower with a toilette in it. My Double room was a small room with a slightly larger single bed below and a single bed above. You should be honest enough and post pictures of the actual rooms on the Internet, so people at least know what to expect. The walls also seemed to be out of paper, cause I could hear everything. Everything! The noise inside and outside. The location and nice staff can't make up for this 'hostel'.

• 21st Aug 2015

No point paying extra for ensuitr as it was so disgusting we used the communal showers anyway

• 20th Aug 2015

Hostel was convenient, well-located, inexpensive, and gave lots of options. Security and comfort are taken seriously here. The bathrooms could have been cleaner - three stalls, one with a broken lock, one with no toilet paper, and one with a broken flusher, and no paper towel at all.

• 19th Aug 2015

The floors in the shower made me concerned that I would fall through at any moment. Also took a while to get hot water. There was a bright green light on the ceiling of our room that made it virtually impossible to sleep. (That's not including the old naked man and insesent coughing of the other guy...myself and my friend can usually handle our stuff but neither of us got more than an hour of sleep.) also the cliff tour was good but no one told us we had the option of staying in Galway.

• 16th Aug 2015

Good Hostel Nice location , right in the city center , helpful and friendly staff .Free breakfast , free internet , free maps and the free walking tour was AMAZING .Rooms are clean and the beds are good .The vikings from the walls are funny and make you smile and happy . The kitchen is small but clean , the bathrooms are clean and big . I will come back because is a friendly hostel with lovely people that want to make you feel like home . Thank you for all for the kindness and help

• 16th Aug 2015

The wifi worked very poorly in my room

The hostel was in a perfect location to all the sights, pubs and buses to get to and from the airport. The room I stayed in held 24 people and there was a told of 2 outlets. That is ridiculous……. no one could charge anything while in the room. That definitely needs to change. That is my only concern, otherwise and great place, great staff and would stay again just probably not that big of a room.

While the furniture is a bit run down in the main lobby, and the showers are FREEZING cold, the staff was extremely help in suggesting places to go and setting up the arrangements for me. The breakfast was basically toast, and coffee so don't expect anything extravagant. Overall, I would stay here again.

Not the nicest hostel, great location. Wifi didn't work, bathroom and showers were gross, lots of weird older people and families, staff not particularly friendly.

Great location, so close to everything. The staff were so helpful and where more than happy to help us get the most from our experience. Love the paintings and posters in the hostel, it was so bright and cheery. A fantastic hassle free stay with everything we needed. THANK YOU :D

• 14th Aug 2015

Recently stayed at Kinlay house and was slightly disappointed. We stayed in the 20 bed dorm on the top floor and it was neither clean or pleasant. The glass in the windows were broken, bed frames were loose generally lacked upkeep. Toilets were clean however it was very mouldy. Would I stay again ? Only as a last resort

Very basic but everything you need. The Wifi wasn't stable, in my 6 bed room everything was really closely and there was little space for your package but the other room mates were very nice. The establishment was old and some things battered but it was clean. Breakfirst was simple but not bad. In total it was a good option and fore the price you cannot expect much more.

• 14th Aug 2015

Had a great stay! No parking but 50% off discount at the local multistorey was an absolute revelation! So happy because dublim city parking is a nightmare. So nice to have affordable parking. Thanks!

• 13th Aug 2015

It's a nice hostel, but there are things that could be better: I didn´t like to have to pay in Pounds to book because you have to pay an aditional money. It would be great that there would be changing rooms, because there are bathrooms, showers and there is not much space I think It's neccesary to put more switches, the perfect would be one switch per bed and a small light as well.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Spain

While I was staying there I had my wallet stolen from my room. The staff was kind of helpful but I felt they could have made more of a proactive effort to help me. Though having lockers in the larger dorms to secure valuables would have prevented the situation entirely.

• 11th Aug 2015

Nice room (6 bed dorm), but hot and without fans. The showers are clean, but whether you get hot water is a gamble.

Needed more hooks and shelving to put your gear or clothing in shower would be great

So happy with my stay at Kinlay House, will come again, definitely. Staff friendly and helpful, dorms big enough, clean and quiet. I loved the kitchen and common room as well. My only complain is about the bed, really hard matress and super thin pillow, but nothing that prevented me from sleeping okey.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Get location and had an awesome time at temple bar. We showed up really late and they were very accommodating. Wifi did not always work in the room

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7