Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Good spot with helpful staff

• 26th Jul 2014

Overall the stay was not bad. The staff was a bit harsh at times especially when we had to retrieve our bags they were not patient with us and a bit rude. I didn't feel safe though because the front door would not always be locked, and our door to our room was never locked so we were forced to keep our belongings in the locker at all times. I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Staff were very helpful and happy to answer any questions. Free breakfast was nice to get. Bathrooms were a bit run down so never really looked clean though they might have been, it was impossible to tell. But a very convenient location, airport bus stops right outside and lots of food places around for every budget. Only thing I didn't like was that they charge to leave your bag for a few hours after you check out. It wasn't so cheap as for that not to be included in the room price.

Everything was great about this place minus the huge staircase in which I had to carry my bags up three flights of stairs. What a workout! The lounge area is very nice. There are big lockers available but you have to pay extra. Bathrooms were always clean. They do have somewhat strict rules about noise, guest and bed swapping, which is understandable. It has a very friendly atmosphere with lots of information of various activities to do. I would stay here again without a doubt!

I loved staying in Kinlay House!

• 19th Jul 2014

We stayed in 2 brand new 4 bed mixed dorms in the Kinlay Pod wing of the hostel. My friends and I were pleasantly surprised by how clean and safe everything was. The kitchen was great too. Location was amazing, just a brisk 10-15 minute walk to O'Connell street. Price was great also. Staff were helpful although some were a little stand-offish. Wifi was painfully slow. I see myself staying there in the future and would definitely recommend.

• 18th Jul 2014

I had a very nice stay in Kinlay. Thank u for all :)

All the staff was really nice and helpful.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

No lighting in communal showers/ toilets Toilet seats hanging off Cleanliness in rooms poor and very dated..!! Management need to review staff and overall running of hostel to obtain a better service for clients..!! Maybe ask the owners of Savoy hostel in Galway for a few pointers in how to get it right..!! Yes it's a hostel they're running at Kinlay but please just basic cleanliness is shocking !!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Kinlay is the best hostel I've ever stayed so far. I've been there twice and both times were excellent!

This is the second Time we have stayed at kinlay house and I'm very satisfied. The service is good and its situated within walking distance of most attractions with a bus terminal a few meters away.

The 1st night we had a room with an ensuite...the sink was blocked and the shower was cold, however they came and fixed it the nxt morning No lockers in the room :( Free luggage storage :) The bookings were messy and confusing! A definite miscommunication between staff for our on going stay Breakfast was toast and cereal Only 2 power point in the room although power boards were available at reception and wifi was fast Shuttles to airport also available Overall it was good value

No private bathrooms. Soap has not been refilled after 30(!) hours of notice.

The staff are very helpful in ways that go beyond the hostel and will help with many aspects of your stay. Arranging tours, locating places and resources needed and more. There could be etiquette rules in place for those who were keeping others awake. Otherwise, the stay was excellent.

• 8th Jul 2014

Good hostel in Dublin.

It was nice and clean and very well situated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside is that the noise from the busy street below can be heard until quite late.

The location was fantastic but the hostel itself was lacking, the atmosphere and the people were not as outgoing i had hoped. Also the showers were either way to hot or way to cold. Breakfast was standard and the internet only worked in the common room for me which is s hassle

Don't go there! Staff not nice at all! It's so big that they see you as a wallet and try to take as much as money from you.

• 30th Jun 2014

We were on a road trip through Ireland and so happy to have acces to a real bed and clean showers again! Staff and atmosphere have been amazing, we met so many great people. Breakfast included, clean facilities and everything worth seeing to reach in a few minutes for only a few pounds. Amazing!

• 29th Jun 2014

I stayed in Kinlay house with a group of friends for Gay Pride. The atmosphere there was amazing. I have also stayed at Kinlay house before with just my partner, and also found it to be brilliant. Whether with groups, or just two people, I would highly recommend Kinlay house. Security is great, as all room doors require key cards, which are provided to each individual staying. Only complaint I would have is the large number of stairs for groups to climb. Other than that, I really enjoyed it!

• 28th Jun 2014