Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

I booked a 4 beds room with bathroom, and it was quiet, and clean in general. I like also the decoration and paintings on the walls (viking style). Very nice staff! Breakfast included, but I arrived to late to enjoy it, whatever, it seemed that people enjoyed! =)

No complaints apart from the breakfast. It isa bit limited, and also the area where you eat is quite small, so some people didn't have a table and had their food standing. We were lucky enough to find room!

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Spain

So much fun! We would all meet up in the lobby around 8pm and pre game before like 30 of us hit up the clubs and pubs!.... Wifi works all the way up to the 3rd floor.... Free breakfast... Close to all that hot spots and tours...

I can't say enough good things about this hostel! Great value and location.

Cold showers.

I have stayed in couple hostels before and that was one of the best! It's a hostel so don't expect too much. But for hostel I would defenitely recoment that to my friends. Everything was quite clean and safety. Light breakfast was included to the price (and the price was good). There was 24/7 reception and the location is great. You can walk everywhere. And there is a bus stop to the airport right next to the hostel. We stayed in the "kinlays room" where is 24 beds and it was nice!:)

Good location but poor effort with facilities. One plug for phones at the base of bottom bunk. Shower was a curtained off area if the small bathroom making the whole floor wet.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were nice and clean, although the temperature was either freezing cold or way too hot. The rest of the hostel was generally freezing as well so I had to wear my jacket quite a lot. I had a hard time finding the bathroom, I ended up using a handicap one the whole time and I still don't know if there was another. The location was perfect. Within walking distance to whatever you could want! Only one toaster slot was working (out of 5 toasters), not very good

No complaints. Good hostel

No lockers in room, staff wasnt very friendly, and not very clean.

(+)Beds were comfortable, linens were clean. There was toilet paper and soap. Staff were friendly. Large and comfy common area. Its nice that the bus to the airport leaves from right out front. Easy access to Temple Bar. (-)Co-ed bathrooms on second floors were dirty. From three different showers there was NO hot water. Loose toilet seats on many pots.

• 17th Mar 2015

Very nice location near the city centre and temple bar. Got the 6 Bed Dorm with single beds with much more space and no double beds. Facilities could be improved a bit. Toilet flush did not work as well as some single toaster properly well.

• 17th Mar 2015

The staff at the front desk was great! There was one girl I spoke two quite a few times. She was from Ukraine or Russia perhaps? So sweet and extremely helpful with booking an airport shuttle and suggesting places to see. Dorms were as expected, no lockers though. The bathrooms were clean and pretty typical. My friend stayed in the all-female suite and I would book that next time.

Kinlay House was the best experience I have had. Friendly and helpful staff. A nice relaxing common area for people to chill out and eat. Showers and bathrooms excellent. Kudos to the owners and staff. You were the best.

The location was excellent for the Temple Bar area. There were many sights and bars in the area within short walking distance. The hostel also had a very fun atmosphere and clean facilities. My only complaint was the buttons in the showers. You constantly had to push them to keep the water running.

We only had cold water for a shower, so we used the public bathroom. But the Room was very cold and not clean every time. The facilities are old.

• 15th Mar 2015

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

Lovely staff, always ready to help. The facilities were fine although the toilets were quite cold. The breakfast was included on the prize and we couldn't complaint at all. Everything was ready to have. We wouldn't mind to come back again.

The hostel was great, especially on the busy St. Patrick's Day weekend. The rooms were just what we needed and everything was pretty clean. The only downside was that there was no hot water in the showers. There was semi-warm water in the morning, but by night, it was freezing. I understand the hostel was packed, but the water situation needs to be fixed. It was miserably cold, but who's going to not shower for four days?

The bathroom of my floor had cold water. There was no bathroom in my corridor so I had to run to the other side of the building. Good breakfast, staff and beds.

• 13th Mar 2015