Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Our twin room was incredibly clean and quiet even though it was a bank holiday weekend. The location was amazingly convenient. Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Oct 2014

Its an ok hostel in great location. However while I can overlook shabby walls etc ( after all I wasn't there on a luxury break), my problem was lack of communication between staff. Check out time is 10am however there is an option to pay extra €5 for the later check out of 1pm which I quickly availed of. Yet in the morning I was disturbed by a guy who wanted to clean windows (?) then a cleaner who had no idea I paid for a late check out. Eventually I gave up and left at 11.30

I will come back soon! :)

- no socket in the bathroom

• 18th Oct 2014

I'll maybe come back if I need to stay at Dublin, a very good place.

• 17th Oct 2014

I allways stay in Kinlay House as it has just what i need in Dublin city center at great price. Staff now know me and are wonderful, Regards, James in Limerick.

I was only in Ireland for a weekend but Kinlay House made my experience that much better! Your staff is amazing and your location is perfect. I hope to return soon and when I do, I shall stay at this hostel again. Thank you for everything!

• 16th Oct 2014

The rooms were very clean, the common areas needed to me better maintained. But, this is a comment to the people who stay there as well. There are many people who do not pick after themselves and this is a shame. The staff were very helpful and the location in amazing.

• 16th Oct 2014

Was a really good night sleep.

• 16th Oct 2014

The old commom room was great for groups and has been converted into a bedroom. Rather crowded during meals.

Wi-Fi is atrocious. Sort out the Wi-Fi!

Lovely place, cool vibe...friendly staff and lots of great music playing.

Did the job but wasn't a fun place.

Fairly good hostel and reasonably priced for Dublin. Super comfortable bed for a hostel. Disappointing not to have lockers in the rooms (even bring-your-own-padlock ones). Also not a fan of the button-press showers, single square toilet paper dispensers, and lack of enough power points in the room.

I stayed at Kinlay House Dublin for 3 nights. Was in a dorm of 14. Very clean, tidy, Well done.

Hard to get staff to help. General areas not very nice and it's older.

Too far to the woman's washroom. on't like sharing a bathroom with men.D

No wifi everywhere in the building or cutting. Beds clean.

Be forewarned that there is no lift! If you have a wheeled suitcase, this means you'll be dragging it up at least 1-2 flights of stairs. Not very fun when you've just arrived tired from traveling.

• 3rd Oct 2014

The service throughout my stay was really rude. The room was average an the bathroom bleak as the shower leaked to the toilet. Was meant to stay there a second time but went else where down the road which was cheaper an better.

• 28th Sep 2014