Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Great place to stay, Regards, james in limerick.

I stayed many years ago in this hostel. Nothing has changed. The facilites are very old. I stayed in a private room and and the first day water leaked from the pipes (from the ceiling) and they gave us a bucklet to put in teh bathroom. The first beakfast was awful. The dinining room was overcrowed, ,people had their breakfast without siiting with the astrays on the pool table. The recepcionist didn¨t explained anything when we arrived (how to get to the room ), she was not helpful.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Why ban alcohol? For anyone not a teenager it is a bit insulting. Can be "smuggled" in anyway.

• 8th Aug 2014

Kinlay was a great first experience in a hostel. The location was fantastic. Loved the pub next door through the kitchen! Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice large room for three people. Busy location if you are a light sleeper. I was fine. Bus stop outside the door was very convenient. Close to Temple Bar district.

• 8th Aug 2014

The only real complaint I would have is that the internet went down a couple days into my stay. To use wifi, we had to use the common room and bounce off the hotel next door. The only room this was accessible from was the common room, which was often packed. The front desk staff could have been more helpful in directing people to the activities the hostel offered. However, all that said, the hostel is in an excellent location and I could walk almost everywhere I wanted to go in Dublin. Thanks!

• 8th Aug 2014

The third floor facilities were better than expected from a hostel. We were positively surprised by the cleanliness. Yet, due to thin walls and bad isolation, it was very loud during the nights. The other guests didn't shut the fire doors carefully, so that they slammed throughout day and night. Breakfast was disorganized and only one out of four toasters worked. The offer was very limited in relation to the price. That was quite disappointing.

• 6th Aug 2014

The shower had a problem, all the floor stayed wet during 3 days. Tha bedroom was really little for 5 persons... It is expensive for what itis....

• 5th Aug 2014

Good location and price but I was quite disappointed by the services. The wifi was barely usable and, 15 minutes after telling me that I could leave my backpack there for the day by paying 2€, the staff told me they didn't have any place left and that I had to find somewhere else to leave it.

Very friendly and helpful staff!

Staff had no consideration for visitors. Special when locating ladies, gentleman in the same room bring lots of stress. They showed lots of hostility to visitors today Dublin

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Israel

It was a good hostel, although I didn't have a pillow. When I asked for one all that the staff member gave me was a couple sheets because he couldn't find a new one.

You have a wonderful Hostel! Staff is very helpful! I suggest: 1) have vegan options available for breakfast (soymilk!) and 2) fix the toilet seat in #213-- it shifts so you nearly fall into the shower when you sit down! :) Also (and I know this is not your fault, all Hostels have this problem) the dishes are dirty/greasy because people to not properly clean up after they cook. My family cooked out dinner in the kitchen and we had to wash everything before and after we used it. Thanks!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very good location, friendly staff, but no lockers and only few plugs in the room.

My first choice in Dublin! Everything you expect from a hostel for a fair price...

Get to our bedroom on th 3rd floor with our suitcases wasn't that easy but the hostel was very clean, safe and pretty close from the rest of the city. I would definitely recommend this place.

The wifi was bad , but apart from that not a bad hostel .

Great location right near the airport shuttle. Rooms were quite small no where to put our luggage but everything else was pretty good. Would def return

Good spot with helpful staff

• 26th Jul 2014

I have never stayed in hostel before so Kinlay House was the first for me. I thought it was a decent place to stay for a night or two although the showers confused me since they work like a sink.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Overall the stay was not bad. The staff was a bit harsh at times especially when we had to retrieve our bags they were not patient with us and a bit rude. I didn't feel safe though because the front door would not always be locked, and our door to our room was never locked so we were forced to keep our belongings in the locker at all times. I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• 23rd Jul 2014