Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

We were greeted by OJ or AJ who was really helpful and friendly, cant fault him at all. We went up to the room which was clean and well kept. However, only one socket in the whole room worked, a room of twenty, we had booked for a sixteen and paid for a sixteen but the room had more in it. This meant we both ran out of battery on our ipods and could not take any photos, a real down side. The toliets werent great, they leaked onto the floor and the seats were broken, but they were nice.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great location, nice atmosphere. I found the bathroom facilities ok but would like a little more privacy.

The only entertainment downstairs (besides a small tv but really, who wants to watch tv while on holiday in Dublin?) was a pool table, which was broken. Also the wifi didn't work. The en-suite was pretty moldy in the shower and we didn't want to use it, but the toilet was fine. It was also pretty noisy at night as it was right on the main road, and I have stayed at another hostel on the same road which wasn't nearly as bad. I have been in plenty of hostels and had better experiences.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Nice stay at Kinlay but no wifi

• 19th Sep 2014

Good location near all the major attractions. The lack of lockers and property luggage storage was annoying although the staff tried their hardest to accommodate this. Wifi didn't work at all for the two says I was there.

The common room advertized on the hostel's homepage doesn't exist any longer, they converted it into a dorm. Hence, the opportunity to make free calls to landlines using Skype on the hostel's computers is no longer available either. The free walking tour that is supposed to start at the reception doesn't actually start there. Apart from these three points, Kinlay House lives up to the expectations it incites with the info provided on the homepage. Security could be better, they buzz everyone in

• 15th Sep 2014

Excellent location and very good value for money at €88 euro for a quad room. The rooms were basic as you would expect in a hostel but very clean. Only downside was guy at reception. He seemed disinterested with us and only seemed interested in playing his guitar. I was disappointed when a young female backpacker came in looking for a room. He just turned her away saying fully booked try hotel next door. He could have made more of an effort in helping her find other good hostel for the night.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff at the reception was very patient and helpful. But in the night between 3 and 5am people were screeming around loudly (propably drunk) and nobody came to ask them to be quiet. Why are there rules for silence after 10pm if nobody of the staff cares about it? The bathroom wasn't very clean and food lay around. There aren't lockers available for everybody. But especially in a hostel it is so important to be able to keep your things safe! All in all: For one night okay, but not for more.

• 13th Sep 2014

Everything very clean and organised.. In the middle of Dublin!

I can't understand why they always clean the kitchen at 6pm when normal People used to cook!

I slept without a pillow and I asked three times for its. The shower its so bad, and i am not happy with the service. In the night i listened one alarm all the night.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Elevator. Nicer staff at the evening/night shift. Better wi-fi

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Overall a great stay in a central Dublin hostel.

• 6th Sep 2014

Decent stay, not overly social hostel, but would recommend for groups.

Staff were unfriendly, bathroom was dirty and sink and shower didn't drain properly.

Thanks for a great few days , great atmosphere in the Hostel, perfect location for us. Clean,friendly staff ... Would highly recommend the hostel to my friends in Canada . Thank you all , Kieran x

• 4th Sep 2014

Hostel has every thing you need accept a friendly atmosphere! Good value for money and close to every thing

Very nice building with a good location!

Superb location but ask for a room off Lord Edward to reduce light and noise. All-in-all, a good spot. We are both in our60s (Hostelworld needs to add more age levels; 40+ feels a bit young nowadays) and travel a lot. We've stayed in a number of hostels so we have a basis for comparison. This was our 2nd or 3rd visit and it compares well to other Dublin Hostels in my view. We are booked there again in a couple of weeks so I suppose that's the best recommendation.

I had a private room, which was fine but quite small. When I made the booking I mistakenly assumed a "shared bathroom" meant shared with one or two other rooms, not the shared bathroom for the entire floor, which also happened to be a unisex bathroom and shower. That really wasn't my comfort level, but there were never any guys in there during my stay and I did notice a women's only bathroom on the floor above. By the way, there is no lift so be prepared to drag your stuff up lots of stairs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7