Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Big hostel, so kind of impersonal. Strict rules too, but for the price compared to other smaller hostels you can't really complain. If you are just looking to rest your head for a night it is more than adequate. No under bed secure storage, but they do provide coco pops for breakfast.....massive bonus!

• 23rd Feb 2015

The staff is very not friendly. The breakfast is poor and if you are late there is nothing.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Room was very dirty, I had to wear socks or shoes everywhere because it looked as though the floor hadn't been washed in a while. The shower was disgusting with hair all over it once I arrived. I would not stay here again.

Kenlay house is a great hostel,I have stayed here before and I will be back again.It s not far from where I get the bus.The staff are friendly and helpfull.it is nice building and near the Olympia and Tempel Bar.

Good hostel, great location, breakfast included and the wifi is good! Would happily stay there again

Good for one night. Bathrooms felt like a prison, and the lights shut off on me because the motion sensor for the lights is in the entryway of the Ladies room. Bed was very uncomfortable. Main entry room has lots of character!! But actual hostel room felt like an orphanage. Helpful staff. WiFi was spot on.

The Hostel is very good situated , in the heart of the city . The Staff is great and helpful , the rooms are cleand and the atmosphere is friendly . I had a great time .

I paid €25 for a private room ensuite. It was quite basic but what you'd expect from a hostel. There was quite a bit of noise from the street below, but again, what you'd expect for this central location. There was wifi in the room but it was so weak I couldn't use it to watch tv online. I didn't try using it for anything else.

• 12th Feb 2015

really smelly room. 4 bedroom mixed. key cards are really crappy and it takes multiple times for doors to open. Overall very happy with my stay for the price. Maybe have free orange juice?

The shower was completely cold in the private room we booked and one of the button was broken. No one came to have a look. We paid a private room with ensuite for 3 days but didn't use the bathroom and we didn't get any compensation for that. That was a bit of a disappointment. Apart from that, the rest was very good !

• 7th Feb 2015

I liked that the rooms were warm and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom could have used more mirrors however.

• 6th Feb 2015

I like this hostel and have stayed here many times. I have two suggestions - need to change the coffee at breakfast, its undrinkable. And brown bread as well as white for breakfast.

• 6th Feb 2015

1) Staff did not accept GNIB - only passport or driving licence 2) Evenings are Noisy 3) Very small room 4) Dirty 5) No Normal Breakfast Nice appartment should look like http://www.benidormtripadvisor.com/OpenRealEstate/property/127

Excellent hostel. Would definitely stay again if I was in Dublin. BOOK THE SHUTTLE TO THE HOSTEL FROM THE AIRPORT. You could also split a cab if with friends (25 Euro each way). Great location near Temple Bar, fun staff, decent breakfast, and it was very clean hostel compared to what I have experienced. Smelled good even in the big room we were in! Few plug ins though. Very safe. Showers hot.

Excellent stay, really worth the money. The location can't be beat.

• 29th Jan 2015

Staff are great will be back

Great hostel. Very clean. And very friendly staff.

nice and clean, friendly staff, great atmosphere and great value.

• 24th Jan 2015

I had to catch a flight early in the morning and wouldn't be able to have the free breakfast. This was fine, but I had food in the fridge that I wanted to reheat and security wouldn't allow me to enter the kitchen just to grab my food because the kitchen is closed from 11pm-breakfast. Showers were a bit hit or miss as far as temperature control goes. Kitchen needed serious cleaning

Nice place on the edge of the action. A bar could really help the atmosphere. Showers could do with a little attention, as they were a nightmare to get hot. Having said that I would happily recommend and stay again.

• 23rd Jan 2015