Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

We were booked in a six bed room with the other 4 people being a family. It was a bit weird and felt strange as if we were intruding on their family vacation.

• 25th May 2015

The rooms were clean and the people staying in the hostel were pretty friendly. The place offers a free walking tour at certain times during the day. The only issue is they seem to run out of lockers fast and have no luggage room for everyone to store their belongings. If you are arriving early and need a place to store your luggage for the day maybe call or email ahead to see if you can reserve one.

We were allowed to check in early, which was such a relief to us on that day! The front desk staff were very kind.

I've been to Dublin two weeks ago and stayed in the same room in this hostel. It was so nice and clean. The staff was very helpfull. Something happened in the two weeks. This time the room was dirty, with used towels at the door and bedsheets just thrown over the beds. There was still waste in the bin and not enough toilet paper.

• 20th May 2015

I loved the location of hostel and the staff was really kind and helpful !

• 20th May 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed there for three nights and I had an adventurous experience. The bathroom is co-Ed so I see men in their boxers in the bathroom all the time. And I lived in a mixed dorm with 10beds. One man in our room has mental illness. He talk to himself dry 5am and started laughing out very loudly and scared everyone in the room. I wish the hostel was aware of these issues.

Good vibes but my shower did not work and there were not individual lights or outlets. Good central location. I liked how the mixed dorm of twenty had dividers between every 4 beds so there was more privacy.

The staff were excellent, super friendly and helpful. They booked some tours for us and gave good recommendations on what to see and do in the area. The location if great. Lots to see and do nearby. My only complaints were the breakfast (there wasn't much to it just toast and cereal) and the WiFi connection was rather spotty in our room. But it worked good in the common room

Good breakfast good staff.good location.everything was clean.the room was cold but you can ask heaters in reception

It definitely could have been better. Bit run down, common room very small for breakfast goers. You can find better and cheaper in better locations.

The only reason this is not all five stars is because the first time I stayed here the showers and toilets on all floors except for the toilets on the ground floor, did not work while I was there. Second time it was great!

Nice staff , great location , clean and tidy rooms.

• 14th May 2015

A nice, comfortable and welcoming spot. The staff were super friendly and helpful! The street noise was a bit loud and the stairs and hallways are fairly loud so you could hear anyone going to the bathroom or moving about - but nothing that some earplugs couldn't fix! There is an express bus stop to the airport right outside the front door which was super convenient for us to catch our early morning flight. We had a quick stay but it served us well.

I liked the breakfast, especially the cereals!

It was good

The people there were nice, but it was the worst hostel I have ever been stayed, with cleanliness and facilities. No possibilities to charge the mobile phone in the room and the showers were not working at all and it smelled not nice inside.

Our room had a bunch of empty space, and yet not have enough lockers for each bed in the building. Not being able to secure your bags in a hostel is ridiculous. We also had no hot water and no water at all for most of our stay. The "prime" location doesn't make up for these things.

We stayed for 1 night and there was no water in the whole building, the staff allow us to take a shower in the afternoon even thought we had checked out, so we stayed up to 3 am of the next day and the water never came back.

• 8th May 2015
  • Mexico

The location of this hotel was great and had a airport bus stop right in front. Stayed in a 20 bed mixed room which was clean and had very warm blankets perfect for cold Dublin. The staff was knowledgeable about Dublin and friendly. The showers were freezing cold, but did have separate bathrooms for girls and boys. Quiet hours were not enforced when a rowdy group came in around 3 am. The breakfast was typical, coffee, toast, and cereal.

In bigger bedrooms there were very much noise during the night. Because of the shortage of water you couldn't use toilet or have a shower.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7