Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The staff at the reception was very patient and helpful. But in the night between 3 and 5am people were screeming around loudly (propably drunk) and nobody came to ask them to be quiet. Why are there rules for silence after 10pm if nobody of the staff cares about it? The bathroom wasn't very clean and food lay around. There aren't lockers available for everybody. But especially in a hostel it is so important to be able to keep your things safe! All in all: For one night okay, but not for more.

• 13th Sep 2014

Everything very clean and organised.. In the middle of Dublin!

I slept without a pillow and I asked three times for its. The shower its so bad, and i am not happy with the service. In the night i listened one alarm all the night.

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Elevator. Nicer staff at the evening/night shift. Better wi-fi

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Overall a great stay in a central Dublin hostel.

• 6th Sep 2014

Decent stay, not overly social hostel, but would recommend for groups.

Staff were unfriendly, bathroom was dirty and sink and shower didn't drain properly.

• 5th Sep 2014

Thanks for a great few days , great atmosphere in the Hostel, perfect location for us. Clean,friendly staff ... Would highly recommend the hostel to my friends in Canada . Thank you all , Kieran x

• 4th Sep 2014

Hostel has every thing you need accept a friendly atmosphere! Good value for money and close to every thing

Very nice building with a good location!

Superb location but ask for a room off Lord Edward to reduce light and noise. All-in-all, a good spot. We are both in our60s (Hostelworld needs to add more age levels; 40+ feels a bit young nowadays) and travel a lot. We've stayed in a number of hostels so we have a basis for comparison. This was our 2nd or 3rd visit and it compares well to other Dublin Hostels in my view. We are booked there again in a couple of weeks so I suppose that's the best recommendation.

I had a private room, which was fine but quite small. When I made the booking I mistakenly assumed a "shared bathroom" meant shared with one or two other rooms, not the shared bathroom for the entire floor, which also happened to be a unisex bathroom and shower. That really wasn't my comfort level, but there were never any guys in there during my stay and I did notice a women's only bathroom on the floor above. By the way, there is no lift so be prepared to drag your stuff up lots of stairs.

I booked because of closeness to Airport. Breakfast was quite good, room was just acceptable

• 2nd Sep 2014

There were too problem with internet ... I couldn't use it

The room was not at all what i expected. Thrte wad hardly any room to move around in. I felt it was over priced for a private room that small.

• 1st Sep 2014

3 nights in a 4-share, plus extended a night due to hangover...very common in Dublin! 4-share has nice ensuite bathroom/shower. Decent free breakfast...cereal, coffee, tea, toast with jam/honey/peanut butter. Good enough wifi in Common area. Not a party hostel...lots of students looking for flats for the semester. Bus stop directly in front of hostel. 5 min walk to Temple bar. 15 min walk to Guinness/Jameson. Dicey's is a GREAT nightclub! €5Cover...€3 drinks!! I'd def stay at Kinlay again!

Super friendly service, and so much more than I expected at such a low price. Definitely worth a recommendation.

• 1st Sep 2014

The whole experience was good. I wasn't looking for party and I managed to stay way although other people seemed to were having fun. I just didn't like the curtains in the room, coz seems like they were there for ages. Also, too many stairs. Not good depending on the luggage you're carrying.

Well located hostel at the end of Dame St. Unfortunately the window in my room was not properly sealed and the noise from the street outside was deafening! I might as well have been sleeping on the street itself. Also the room was quite cold and spartan. The funniest thing was the bedside lamp had a two-pin plug which I obviously couldn't plug in! Staff were quite ok, breakfast was simple bu sufficient.

Wifi didnt work almost all the time, bedrooms without lockers (you can rent a very small one at the reception..). Great location, staff was ok.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7