Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

One of the finest hostels I've encountered in 30+ years of holiday travels in Europe. -Tivey.

• 2nd Mar 2015

really enjoyed the stay and very helpfull and friendly staff! great new dorms!

• 27th Feb 2015

Basically everything was fantastic! Located right in Temple Bar, great staff, free wifi and breakfast. Only thing to mention: we paid a little too much for my taste, but that could be because we booked only some days in advance.

• 27th Feb 2015

I stayed at this hostel for four nights with two of my friends 20-21 years old. To say that we were uncomfortable throughout our entire stay is an understatement. The staff were unfriendly and consequently very unhelpful as well. The facilities were extremely unclean in addition to not working efficiently. The toilets leaked, did not flush and were clogged consistently. Additionally, the shower often had no hot water and you had to turn on every 20 seconds. No lockers in room or in building

• 26th Feb 2015

Big hostel, so kind of impersonal. Strict rules too, but for the price compared to other smaller hostels you can't really complain. If you are just looking to rest your head for a night it is more than adequate. No under bed secure storage, but they do provide coco pops for breakfast.....massive bonus!

• 23rd Feb 2015

The staff is very not friendly. The breakfast is poor and if you are late there is nothing.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Over priced for its dorms and atmosphere. Wouldn't recommend.

• 20th Feb 2015

I stayed there for a weekend. Good hostel for the price. Location is good and internet works, but the bedrooms are cold. Even so I recommend it

Room was very dirty, I had to wear socks or shoes everywhere because it looked as though the floor hadn't been washed in a while. The shower was disgusting with hair all over it once I arrived. I would not stay here again.

Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Rooms only had one outlet, smelled, and we're very small. Public bathrooms were also dirty and old. Spent as little time as possible in the hostel, because it was that uncomfortable and gross.

• 18th Feb 2015

I didn't actually stay here as I accidentally booked for the wrong month and they refused to change the booking and we were charged for the first night plus the deposit. I have stayed here a couple of times before though and have always enjoyed my stay. Good location! They were so unhelpful with, yes my mistake, this time though that I would never stay with them again

Kenlay house is a great hostel,I have stayed here before and I will be back again.It s not far from where I get the bus.The staff are friendly and helpfull.it is nice building and near the Olympia and Tempel Bar.

Good hostel, great location, breakfast included and the wifi is good! Would happily stay there again

Good for one night. Bathrooms felt like a prison, and the lights shut off on me because the motion sensor for the lights is in the entryway of the Ladies room. Bed was very uncomfortable. Main entry room has lots of character!! But actual hostel room felt like an orphanage. Helpful staff. WiFi was spot on.

The Hostel is very good situated , in the heart of the city . The Staff is great and helpful , the rooms are cleand and the atmosphere is friendly . I had a great time .

I paid €25 for a private room ensuite. It was quite basic but what you'd expect from a hostel. There was quite a bit of noise from the street below, but again, what you'd expect for this central location. There was wifi in the room but it was so weak I couldn't use it to watch tv online. I didn't try using it for anything else.

• 12th Feb 2015

really smelly room. 4 bedroom mixed. key cards are really crappy and it takes multiple times for doors to open. Overall very happy with my stay for the price. Maybe have free orange juice?

The shower was completely cold in the private room we booked and one of the button was broken. No one came to have a look. We paid a private room with ensuite for 3 days but didn't use the bathroom and we didn't get any compensation for that. That was a bit of a disappointment. Apart from that, the rest was very good !

• 7th Feb 2015

I liked that the rooms were warm and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom could have used more mirrors however.

• 6th Feb 2015

I like this hostel and have stayed here many times. I have two suggestions - need to change the coffee at breakfast, its undrinkable. And brown bread as well as white for breakfast.

• 6th Feb 2015