Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Hostel had a great vibe to it. Couldn't complain

• 30th Aug 2015

Great location, short walking distance to Temple Bar and a cafe that sells the nicest milkshakes just across the road!

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The staff was friendly and willing to help out. They let me use their phone for aj emergency call that was international. The room was a bit hot but overall it was an alright stay if you can handle rooming with 5 other people in one small room. Id recommend it.

• 27th Aug 2015

Clean Rooms , friendly atmosphere , smiling and helpful staff . The best of the best is Tito the Turtle that is a very happy turtle. The stay was great and we will come back soon .

• Argentina

Value for money. It is what it is, clean safe and warm

• 27th Aug 2015

My room always smelled like dirty feet no matter what time or how many people were in there

We were 3 friends staying over. One of us had a really crappy bed, it was a bit broken. We did enjoy our stay at the hostel. It was a nice, cosy and clean hostel. The breakfast was okay! Everything you needed, was in the kitchen. The staff was really helpfull too! We asked them several things at different times and we got a great anwer every time! Thanks for the great stay!

The first thing I smelled, were socks. The bathroom was actually a shower with a toilette in it. My Double room was a small room with a slightly larger single bed below and a single bed above. You should be honest enough and post pictures of the actual rooms on the Internet, so people at least know what to expect. The walls also seemed to be out of paper, cause I could hear everything. Everything! The noise inside and outside. The location and nice staff can't make up for this 'hostel'.

• 21st Aug 2015

No point paying extra for ensuitr as it was so disgusting we used the communal showers anyway

Hostel was convenient, well-located, inexpensive, and gave lots of options. Security and comfort are taken seriously here. The bathrooms could have been cleaner - three stalls, one with a broken lock, one with no toilet paper, and one with a broken flusher, and no paper towel at all.

• 19th Aug 2015

Enjoyed my stay, but got a neck ache from walking to my bunk on the top floor, and found the building to be above average in the run-down category. I moved to another hostel on my next visit.

Everything was pretty good except the showers needed a little bit more attention.

• 17th Aug 2015

Please make sure the air conditioning works in the rooms, it was terribly hot at times...

• Switzerland

The floors in the shower made me concerned that I would fall through at any moment. Also took a while to get hot water. There was a bright green light on the ceiling of our room that made it virtually impossible to sleep. (That's not including the old naked man and insesent coughing of the other guy...myself and my friend can usually handle our stuff but neither of us got more than an hour of sleep.) also the cliff tour was good but no one told us we had the option of staying in Galway.

• 16th Aug 2015

Good Hostel Nice location , right in the city center , helpful and friendly staff .Free breakfast , free internet , free maps and the free walking tour was AMAZING .Rooms are clean and the beds are good .The vikings from the walls are funny and make you smile and happy . The kitchen is small but clean , the bathrooms are clean and big . I will come back because is a friendly hostel with lovely people that want to make you feel like home . Thank you for all for the kindness and help

• 16th Aug 2015

The wifi worked very poorly in my room

The hostel was in a perfect location to all the sights, pubs and buses to get to and from the airport. The room I stayed in held 24 people and there was a told of 2 outlets. That is ridiculous……. no one could charge anything while in the room. That definitely needs to change. That is my only concern, otherwise and great place, great staff and would stay again just probably not that big of a room.

While the furniture is a bit run down in the main lobby, and the showers are FREEZING cold, the staff was extremely help in suggesting places to go and setting up the arrangements for me. The breakfast was basically toast, and coffee so don't expect anything extravagant. Overall, I would stay here again.

Not the nicest hostel, great location. Wifi didn't work, bathroom and showers were gross, lots of weird older people and families, staff not particularly friendly.

Great location, so close to everything. The staff were so helpful and where more than happy to help us get the most from our experience. Love the paintings and posters in the hostel, it was so bright and cheery. A fantastic hassle free stay with everything we needed. THANK YOU :D

• 14th Aug 2015