Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The staff were excellent, super friendly and helpful. They booked some tours for us and gave good recommendations on what to see and do in the area. The location if great. Lots to see and do nearby. My only complaints were the breakfast (there wasn't much to it just toast and cereal) and the WiFi connection was rather spotty in our room. But it worked good in the common room

Good breakfast good staff.good location.everything was clean.the room was cold but you can ask heaters in reception

It definitely could have been better. Bit run down, common room very small for breakfast goers. You can find better and cheaper in better locations.

The only reason this is not all five stars is because the first time I stayed here the showers and toilets on all floors except for the toilets on the ground floor, did not work while I was there. Second time it was great!

Nice staff , great location , clean and tidy rooms.

• 14th May 2015

A nice, comfortable and welcoming spot. The staff were super friendly and helpful! The street noise was a bit loud and the stairs and hallways are fairly loud so you could hear anyone going to the bathroom or moving about - but nothing that some earplugs couldn't fix! There is an express bus stop to the airport right outside the front door which was super convenient for us to catch our early morning flight. We had a quick stay but it served us well.

I liked the breakfast, especially the cereals!

It was good

The people there were nice, but it was the worst hostel I have ever been stayed, with cleanliness and facilities. No possibilities to charge the mobile phone in the room and the showers were not working at all and it smelled not nice inside.

Our room had a bunch of empty space, and yet not have enough lockers for each bed in the building. Not being able to secure your bags in a hostel is ridiculous. We also had no hot water and no water at all for most of our stay. The "prime" location doesn't make up for these things.

We stayed for 1 night and there was no water in the whole building, the staff allow us to take a shower in the afternoon even thought we had checked out, so we stayed up to 3 am of the next day and the water never came back.

• 8th May 2015
  • Mexico

The location of this hotel was great and had a airport bus stop right in front. Stayed in a 20 bed mixed room which was clean and had very warm blankets perfect for cold Dublin. The staff was knowledgeable about Dublin and friendly. The showers were freezing cold, but did have separate bathrooms for girls and boys. Quiet hours were not enforced when a rowdy group came in around 3 am. The breakfast was typical, coffee, toast, and cereal.

In bigger bedrooms there were very much noise during the night. Because of the shortage of water you couldn't use toilet or have a shower.

The 10 am check out and 10am breakfast finish time is very early in my opinion. To get to breakfast before 10 you need to have cleared the room and checked out before breakfast.

Really bad service, Would recommend staying away. Water ran out my last day of the trip and the following morning. The people at the front desk (including management) made a bunch of excuses and did not apologize or issue a credit when I asked for it for not being able to entirely use their services. I spent a few hours that night looking for available water (going from place to place and waiting, talking with employees, management) Thing happen but this could have been handled a lot better.

• 5th May 2015

The room smelled a little funky, but other than that we were very satisfied with our stay.

• 5th May 2015

My stay in Kinlay House was awesome! Premium location, clean hostel and friendly staff.....

Second time here! I would come again! Nice!

• 3rd May 2015

first time we'd stayed in a hostel and wasn't expecting much but was really surprised and impressed by the standard and value for money we got thankyou

• 1st May 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

very nice place with great location and decent amenities. only negative is that there was no lockers in room but I didn't need them anyways

• 30th Apr 2015