Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Everything was great about this place minus the huge staircase in which I had to carry my bags up three flights of stairs. What a workout! The lounge area is very nice. There are big lockers available but you have to pay extra. Bathrooms were always clean. They do have somewhat strict rules about noise, guest and bed swapping, which is understandable. It has a very friendly atmosphere with lots of information of various activities to do. I would stay here again without a doubt!

We stayed in 2 brand new 4 bed mixed dorms in the Kinlay Pod wing of the hostel. My friends and I were pleasantly surprised by how clean and safe everything was. The kitchen was great too. Location was amazing, just a brisk 10-15 minute walk to O'Connell street. Price was great also. Staff were helpful although some were a little stand-offish. Wifi was painfully slow. I see myself staying there in the future and would definitely recommend.

• 18th Jul 2014

I had a very nice stay in Kinlay. Thank u for all :)

• 14th Jul 2014

All the staff was really nice and helpful.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

No lighting in communal showers/ toilets Toilet seats hanging off Cleanliness in rooms poor and very dated..!! Management need to review staff and overall running of hostel to obtain a better service for clients..!! Maybe ask the owners of Savoy hostel in Galway for a few pointers in how to get it right..!! Yes it's a hostel they're running at Kinlay but please just basic cleanliness is shocking !!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Kinlay is the best hostel I've ever stayed so far. I've been there twice and both times were excellent!

This is the second Time we have stayed at kinlay house and I'm very satisfied. The service is good and its situated within walking distance of most attractions with a bus terminal a few meters away.

The 1st night we had a room with an ensuite...the sink was blocked and the shower was cold, however they came and fixed it the nxt morning No lockers in the room :( Free luggage storage :) The bookings were messy and confusing! A definite miscommunication between staff for our on going stay Breakfast was toast and cereal Only 2 power point in the room although power boards were available at reception and wifi was fast Shuttles to airport also available Overall it was good value

No private bathrooms. Soap has not been refilled after 30(!) hours of notice.

The staff are very helpful in ways that go beyond the hostel and will help with many aspects of your stay. Arranging tours, locating places and resources needed and more. There could be etiquette rules in place for those who were keeping others awake. Otherwise, the stay was excellent.

• 8th Jul 2014

Good hostel in Dublin.

It was nice and clean and very well situated. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside is that the noise from the busy street below can be heard until quite late.

The location was fantastic but the hostel itself was lacking, the atmosphere and the people were not as outgoing i had hoped. Also the showers were either way to hot or way to cold. Breakfast was standard and the internet only worked in the common room for me which is s hassle

Don't go there! Staff not nice at all! It's so big that they see you as a wallet and try to take as much as money from you.

• 30th Jun 2014

We were on a road trip through Ireland and so happy to have acces to a real bed and clean showers again! Staff and atmosphere have been amazing, we met so many great people. Breakfast included, clean facilities and everything worth seeing to reach in a few minutes for only a few pounds. Amazing!

• 29th Jun 2014

I stayed in Kinlay house with a group of friends for Gay Pride. The atmosphere there was amazing. I have also stayed at Kinlay house before with just my partner, and also found it to be brilliant. Whether with groups, or just two people, I would highly recommend Kinlay house. Security is great, as all room doors require key cards, which are provided to each individual staying. Only complaint I would have is the large number of stairs for groups to climb. Other than that, I really enjoyed it!

• 28th Jun 2014

Stayed here before a few times with friends on weekends away to Dublin. It was out favourite place to stay. It is close to temple bar, trinity college and Dublin castle. It is close to night life and in the heart of the city. However the staff were appalling to the extent of them walking into our room with no apology about 7 times. Rude and annoying. Gonna severely downhill lately with staff I would think.

It was hard to go up on the top floor without an elevator. The wi-fi connection was quite weak ( a 5-minute task needed 20-30 minutes because the connection kept getting interrupted). With only one window that can be opened, the room on the top floor gets quite warm, stuffy, and uncomfortable. We can't help comparing this Kinlay House to the one in Galway: the breakfast in the Dublin hostel was disappointing.

I only had a short stay at the hostel and left at 5.30am the next morning, but this is an excellent hostel and I would use it again.

• 26th Jun 2014

Kinlay hostel is great! The staff is super nice, the room was clean and the atmosphere was so nice- really homie :) Highly recommende! :)

• 23rd Jun 2014