Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Location was great, and I have let more secure than in y other hostel. My only complaint was that, for some reason, our bathroom smelled like horse oats.

• 25th Jul 2015

Great hostel, superb location.

Rooms are nice, beds are comfy, showers are a little odd (in the pods the shower sprays all over the room). The luggage storage is great (albeit 2 euro a day, but really secure and the lockers are huge), staff is kind, common area is well kept and the kitchen offers a lot of options. Maybe a 5 minute walk from the Temple Bar area. This was my second time at Kinlay House, and when I came back to Dublin I sought it out specifically. Good hostel.

Its a hostel and u r not able to ask forfor the accommodations of a top hotel. However the rooms and bathrooms could be cleaner. Papers on the floor are there for days or the showers have dust and soap stains in the walls. Rooms has just a ceiling genera light. Nothing in the small cubicals of ur bed. There are only two electric plugs for four bedsbeds; eve when u want to borrow and additonal one for the four of us (phones.cameras) the receptionist would not even when we had asked for it ...

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Perfect location if you're only in dublin for 1-2 days and want to see as much as possible. But the breakfast could be a little more elaborated.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Austria

We had a great family room in Pod 1. Lovely warm shower. Friendly staff. Would have loved TV in the room as I had 3 children with me but we survived. Wifi in room. Plenty of electrical points. Lockers under bed but bring your own lock. Free use of hairdrier just ask reception. Towels 2 euros.

• 21st Jul 2015

“Excellent Stay in Dublin" I spent 3 days in Dublin with my 2 kids and we stayed in Kinlay-house . The staff is very professional, the rooms are clean and recently painted , the hotel has a good location not far from Grafton Area . Breakfast is perfect to start a day full of activities. Will be back there for my next stay .

• 20th Jul 2015

Everything was perfect...the breakfast could have been better...!

Very good location and good staff. I just suggest to leave the lounge opened all night long.

• 17th Jul 2015

Very helpful staff. Issues with water temp and water always on floor of the bathroom

• 17th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was in a great location - 2 minutes walk from Dublin Castle and the Temple Bar area. The room slept 6 but the decor was shabby and the 5 showers available were shared across he whole floor. The breakfast could be vastly improved, but overall good value for money

• 16th Jul 2015

Great hostel and in a great location!!!

One of the best's hostels to stay! Is not so expensive and is really great!

• 12th Jul 2015
  • Spain

One of the best experience in my life , it was my first time staying in to a hostel , the rooms are clean and beds are perfect , all the staff is friendly and happy .Location is perfect and the BBQ made by Pub was delicious , so nice to have a commune garden with a PUB .

• 12th Jul 2015

I wonder why most of the floors smell like feet all the time? And I don't know why the rooms have carpet on the ground. Didn't want to put any of my stuff on the ground cause it wasn't really clean. But I really liked the common room!

I booked this hostel due to a previous great stay at Kinlay in Galway but I gotta say it's far from being the same. The included breakfast was poor, most rooms didnt have lockers so you d have to pay for them, the hostel didn't organise any activity in the common room and so on... but at least the location and the staff were great.

• 10th Jul 2015
  • Spain

not a bad hostle but certainly not the best neither. We had some difficulties entering the building with our cards. Rooms overall were good, though showers were way too hot (have burns on my head from it). Overall, i'd recommend it but don't expect anything special, just an average hostel

Quite a hostel to stay in, but was twice by cleaning staff as someone forgot to take note that had paid for a late checkout. A minor annoyance once, but was just out of the shower the second time.

Good time at this hostel ! Love it !

• 9th Jul 2015

Great value for money. Located right downtown and free breakfast included. Beds and rooms were comfortable.

• 8th Jul 2015