Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

I wasn't very happy with this place. They shut down the kitchen at 11:30? The lockers are not in your room, but outside in an open room. They look like cages where you put your dog. It feels like anyone can walk in and cut off the locks. Security for that area was just unsafe for me. They also shut down the lounge room at 11:30pm which is ridiculous for a youth hostel. Overall not a great place for me.

Decent place to stay. Well located and quite quiet when you're trying to get your head down. I stayed in the big 24 bed dorm, only problem was the lack of power outlets (only a handful in comparison to the number of beds). Being a big hostel in a big city it lacks atmosphere. It's clean, the bathrooms were never busy or dirty and there was always hot water. Beds and bedding was immaculately clean and comfortable. Some staff had attitude, ain't no body got time for that!

The service is not worth the money! The staff was not irish and couldn't give us the information we needed and you pay extra for Everything, even to leave your bag for an hour! Seriously, there ir cheaper and better in Dublin.

Everything was greats, thanks!

Good location but it is a pretty basic hostel. There is not much atmosphere as it is a very big hostel with not much room for socialising

Rally good hostel, but the internet sucks. Gerat activities and recommendations. The breakfast is ok. They charge you for everything else. But you get a good advices and es en a good lo catión un dublin. Recommended! Take a free walking tour.

I stayed here for 1 night in order to attend a Conference in Dublin Castle the following day! The Hostel is directly facing the Castle. I booked a Single Room for E25.......great value indeed! All Rooms face a busy and noisy main street.....! I Always wear EARPLUGS when I'm staying in Hotels or Hostels around the World! I put the earplugs into my ear at 11pm and slept sound until 8am!! I didn't hear any of the Street noise or noises coming from the other hostel rooms! I will stay here again!

• 7th Apr 2014

Good if you're here to go out. Really noisy nights because of the people/ the street circulation. Poor phonic/ thermic isolation.

• 6th Apr 2014

We had a 10-beds room, which was OK. But there was only two sockets that didn't work! And there is no bed light, which is always useful to read late or orientate yourself without disturbing the others (especially when you arrive late). The showers were functionnal but could have been better, it was difficult to keep the cloths dry!

Really good place to stay! Everything was perfect except one thing : the wifi. It wasn't working on 80% of the time.

AFTER THREE NIGHTS AT KINLAY HOSTEL WE CAN SAY THAT: - OUR ROOM WAS REALLY TINY, THERE WAS NO SPACE FOR ANYTHING BUT THE BANK BED. - THE TEMPERATURE INSIDE THE ROOM WAS UNACCEPTABLY HOT AND IT WAS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP. - THE WIFI CONNECTION WAS VERY SLOW, WE COULDN'T SURF THE WEB AT ALL. - LOCATION IS VERY GOOD, CLOSE TO TEMPLE BAR. - STAFF IS KIND AND RECEPTION 24h OPEN. - BREAKFAST INCLUDED NOT BAD AT ALL. - BUS FROM THE AIRPORT STOPS IN FRONT OF THE HOSTEL. - BATHROOMS OK.

It was better than I expected. Great location. I don't know about the dorms but I can't complain about the private rooms. Breakfast was basic but coffee and toast are enough for me in the morning.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Clean, well-staffed, and a cool atmosphere, this hostel even offered a discount on a nearby parking garage. It was a great experience. I will definitely be going back soon! Still more of Dublin to explore!

Great location, but the room was very cold. I ended up in the top bunk of a bunk bed that was open one side. It should should have been pushed against a wall. That worried me a little. We had some very rude people in our room and after one of the other girls went to complain staff member dealt with it right away. Free breakfast was good.

Visited Dublin for a weekend and stayed one night. Hostel location is fantastic with bus stop to airport and close to Christ Church Cathedral! Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

The showers were cold :(.

• 28th Mar 2014

toilets too dirty and cold!

• 28th Mar 2014

some toilets not working no hot water

it was good and staff were nice but there was no hot water!!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Northern Ireland

No hot water. Obstructed shower flooding the whole bathroom. Flimsy beds.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4