Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

first time we'd stayed in a hostel and wasn't expecting much but was really surprised and impressed by the standard and value for money we got thankyou

• 1st May 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Gret place, friendly staff and overall quite clean. My security pass stopped working 3 times, even though I kept it in a pocket by itselt, but not really a big deal at all. Had a fantastic experience, love that they have a guitar and bongo at the front desk. Oh, and the stove on the side opposite the fridges I don't think works, so a sign saying that, or a sign explaining how to use it would be great!

• 30th Apr 2015

I didn't stay here very long, but the location right next to Christchurch is a plus. If you're leaving for the airport in the morning, the Airlink is directly outside which is quite convenient. The beds were very clean and towels were provided. The bathroom was not sparkling but perfectly acceptable. Most of all, the price for a private room was very reasonable, so I would stay here again the next time I needed someplace decently quiet.

The location is awesome, close to the touristic places, to the pubs, everything, the staff if friendly, and even with a people hosted there are cool and fun. However, my towel was stolen while I slept and the lockers cost 2 extra euros.

Clean and very practical location. Friendly welcome.

The female bathroom is not marked properly so there are constantly men walking in to the bathroom while you get dressed after a shower... Kind of a boring hostel with no vibe

Warm and Friendly Welcome The staff is very nice , friendly and well trained . Lovely location , clean facilitties and fresh atmophiere . Great Place to stay

Helpful staff ,clean rooms, nice atmosphere , the location is perfect .

tip top hostel. Only drawback: the eating space for breakfast is very crowded

• 14th Apr 2015

We had booked to stay on the Sunday in advance, however we ended up heading to Dublin early and needed to book for the Saturday also. The Sunday was a 10-bed dorm and the Saturday we had to book at 16-bed dorm. We asked if we could just stay in the 16-bed dorm for two days instead of having to check out and move rooms on the Sunday and they wouldn't allow this to happen and asked us to pay more to do so even though we were forfeiting the more expensive beds. Completely ridiculous system.

You paid for the location here. The facilities were clean and the faculty welcoming but nothing special. The breakfast (which is included so can't complain too much) was mediocre. The showers were incredibly cold and uncomfortable to use that we avoided them as much as possible. Our room was extremely hot in the middle of April with the thermostat turned completely off. All in all not a bad experience or anything, just not great and definitely not worth the price we paid for it.

• 10th Apr 2015

Really great stay :) staff were amazing always so friendly and helpful! I was in a 20 dorm room which was fine bed and linen were good. My only little complaint was the lockers had not been cleaned and had a good inch of dust. But apart from that the hostel was good and in a great location :)!

• 10th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Kinlay house. A very satisfactory experience. I would definitely stay there again.

• 9th Apr 2015

Friendly staff ,clean room and great location .Free wifi , free maps, free breakfast and free walking tour .

Very good hostel, nice staff, location great, nice sitting room, overall would recommend

Awesome place with an awesome staff and just lovely atmosphere!!

The cleanliness of the hostel was far lower than expected, & the room my friend & I were in was nothing short of a disaster. The room, which was cramped & smelled awful, (6 bed ensuite) looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in the past couple of weeks, if not months: there was dirt & left over objects in the room, in addition to holes in the walls & black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. No evening showers as the water was cold, no proper use the toilet due to its steep sideways incline.

• 8th Apr 2015

the hostel is really good..! the atmosphere is great, the guys at the reception are very nice..the room and bathroom are clean .. the only inconventiente was the cold water! for two nights I had a shower without hot water f..I don't know if it was just a failure or not..but apart this inconvenience I had a great stay

• 7th Apr 2015

I rated almost everything good or excellent. Shout out to the staff, who I found to be more friendly and eager to help than the staff at any hotel I have stayed at. The location was convenient and easy to find. Only downer, no hot water on last morning.

• 6th Apr 2015

We arrived early and the staff told us to go relax and have some breakfast - this was super nice of them! Rooms were good but very limited powerpoints and no lockers in rooms??? Only a few minutes walk to temple bar so not bad at all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7