Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Helpful staff ,clean rooms, nice atmosphere , the location is perfect .

• 15th Apr 2015
  • Andorra

You paid for the location here. The facilities were clean and the faculty welcoming but nothing special. The breakfast (which is included so can't complain too much) was mediocre. The showers were incredibly cold and uncomfortable to use that we avoided them as much as possible. Our room was extremely hot in the middle of April with the thermostat turned completely off. All in all not a bad experience or anything, just not great and definitely not worth the price we paid for it.

• 10th Apr 2015

Really great stay :) staff were amazing always so friendly and helpful! I was in a 20 dorm room which was fine bed and linen were good. My only little complaint was the lockers had not been cleaned and had a good inch of dust. But apart from that the hostel was good and in a great location :)!

• 10th Apr 2015

Friendly staff ,clean room and great location .Free wifi , free maps, free breakfast and free walking tour .

Awesome place with an awesome staff and just lovely atmosphere!!

The cleanliness of the hostel was far lower than expected, & the room my friend & I were in was nothing short of a disaster. The room, which was cramped & smelled awful, (6 bed ensuite) looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in the past couple of weeks, if not months: there was dirt & left over objects in the room, in addition to holes in the walls & black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom. No evening showers as the water was cold, no proper use the toilet due to its steep sideways incline.

• 8th Apr 2015

the hostel is really good..! the atmosphere is great, the guys at the reception are very nice..the room and bathroom are clean .. the only inconventiente was the cold water! for two nights I had a shower without hot water f..I don't know if it was just a failure or not..but apart this inconvenience I had a great stay

• 7th Apr 2015

I rated almost everything good or excellent. Shout out to the staff, who I found to be more friendly and eager to help than the staff at any hotel I have stayed at. The location was convenient and easy to find. Only downer, no hot water on last morning.

• 6th Apr 2015

We arrived early and the staff told us to go relax and have some breakfast - this was super nice of them! Rooms were good but very limited powerpoints and no lockers in rooms??? Only a few minutes walk to temple bar so not bad at all.

We had a problem with our reservation because we booked 3 nights, but we had to change our bedroom at 10AM on the second day, so the cleaner wake us up and obligated us to check-out. After the attendant managed to relocate us to the same bedroom. So, we had to check-out (repack all our stuff) at 10AM and to check-in at 11AM in the same bedroom. A big mess. Thanks for the attendant, she was very helpful and tried to resolve the problem immediately.

I really liked the location and the facility was clean.

• 5th Apr 2015

Awesome location! Walking distance to Temple Bar district and tourist locations. Clean bathrooms and beds. It was awesome that we were able to pay €2/day for the luggage room (even after we had checked out!). I'd definitely stay here again.

• 3rd Apr 2015

We really liked the Kinlay House Dublin. It had a great feel and excellent security. It was literally so close to everything I couldn't believe we got to walk everywhere. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.

The room was fine, the beds were old and most had holes in, so the mattress sunk through and we weren't so sure about the 'allocated bed' arrangement. I don't think we could have stayed longer than the 2 nights we were there for, especially if we had other people in our dorm room (we were lucky). There was also clearly a botched up hole in the window where some one had broken it through. The kitchen and social room were to a good quality. The atmosphere was great, communal games of pool etc.

Would definitely stay here again. Location is great, staff is nice, and free breakfast, yay!

• 1st Apr 2015

I booked a 4 beds room with bathroom, and it was quiet, and clean in general. I like also the decoration and paintings on the walls (viking style). Very nice staff! Breakfast included, but I arrived to late to enjoy it, whatever, it seemed that people enjoyed! =)

I booked two private rooms for a stag weekend in Dublin (11 people), it was a very clean, and in a good location. Great value for money.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Northern Ireland

No complaints apart from the breakfast. It isa bit limited, and also the area where you eat is quite small, so some people didn't have a table and had their food standing. We were lucky enough to find room!

It probably not the best hostel in the town but overall it still could be suggested as a good place to have a good sleep or for any of those who needs to crush for few nights. The location which is just walking distance to the bar district could be one of the strengths of this hostel. Staffs were being professional and able to attend most queries at all time. Breakfast were decent yet still meet the basics expected. Thanks for the hospitality Kinlay House.

So much fun! We would all meet up in the lobby around 8pm and pre game before like 30 of us hit up the clubs and pubs!.... Wifi works all the way up to the 3rd floor.... Free breakfast... Close to all that hot spots and tours...

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7