Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Second time stay here, still not so impressed. Only the cheap price could be mentioned though.

The only issue I had was other people not sticking to the beds assigned to them and then having to help make my own bed at 2am when other people were trying to sleep.

• 29th Jan 2016

Right next to temple bar area, and within short walking distance to basically anywhere. Helpful for booking last minute excursions too.

Ensuite bathroom in my room was not having door lock which works and the sinkhole in the shower was not draining properly

• 25th Jan 2016
  • India

my room was 4 people dorm and it was quite smaller than i expected, but hot shower and water pressure was good. The location was also nice. I would stay here again if I have a chance in the future. :-)

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Too many rules regarding drinking; we ask for early breakfast because we were going to a trip that we bought in the hostel and breakfast was denied, they said the restaurant members would not be there at the time ( i dont think is needed a master degree to open a package of milk), they charge money for every little thing (towel, electrical adapter, keep our luggage for 1 hour)

The breakfast was really poor, we had to buy more things using a money we weren't counting on use. The shower takes about 30 min to get hot, so a shower that would last 20 min lasted almost an hour. Location very good. Beds and pillows terrible.

Hostel was quite okay, just warm water wasn"t working. Breakfast is only toast and jam. Room was smelling. Nice building with big stairs.

Have stayed here before and was happy to find it available again. Location is excellent, it is well managed and secure and staff were helpful. The old architecture adds to its charm. Don't expect a modern upmarket building that has been recently renovated. The beds are clean and already made up for you when you arrive. The bathrooms are a bit dated but I don't think it matters as long as they are clean. I paid an extra 5 euro for a 1pm checkout.

The hostel had a great location, was very warm, but had cold showers and either really nice or very rude staff.

This is my 4th time staying at Kinlay House Dublin. It is one of my favourite places to stay in the city - especially when I'm lucky enough to get a private room. Thank you!

• 16th Jan 2016

500 characters is not nearly enough for a proper review, so if you want my review of Kinlay house read it on the web pages of your competitors. You could learn something from them, i.e.how much space is necessary for a decent review. - bathroom, bed, room + location, price

Solid hostel, good location in Dublin. Renovation work was ongoing when we were there and the hot water heater was out of service which made for some cold showers... assuming that's fixed by now, this would be a great place to stay.

had the 6 bed room, clean own toilet/shower. Beds were fine. Good hostel that can have many guests, so a nice way to meet people. Location is very good, about 7 min walk to temple bar district, and it's located in the centre. Contrary to other comments, atleast the 6 bed room had a heater. Would definitly stay again! free breakfast = toast + cerealm coffee and tea.

Stayed here a few years ago and a bed was available again for this recent trip to Dublin. Well organised bed allocation system, staffed 24 hrs, good price and unbeatable location for my night out. I stayed at another hostel in Temple Bar a few years ago and some party animals turned up in the dorm in the early hours shouting and messing about. I don't think that kind of thing would be tolerated in Kinlay House as it is adequately staffed and appears to be well managed.

Very comfortable. The location is convenient to all major city centre attractions, right next to Christchurch Cathedral. Was pleasantly surprised to find my 4 bed dorm room had its own bathroom facilities with plenty of hot water. Breakfast was simple but more than adequate and the coffee tasted better than more expensive, café coffee. Definitely consider staying here again when next in Dublin.

• 28th Nov 2015

If you're looking for an authentic third world hostel experience, look no further. If you like to shower with hot or even warm water, you may want to stay somewhere else. Although the hostel has a central location, everything else sucks.

My only suggestion would be to have a more accessibly locker room facility. Carry big bags up/down steps is slightly hard. Otherwise, this place is excellent!

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • India

While Kinlay House Dublin was in a great location, the facilities were quite poor and the staff extremely unhelpful. The dorm I stayed in was extremely cold and the heaters were not working properly and the staff was incapable of fixing this problem. For some reason the hallways were much warmer than the actual rooms. Additionally, there was no hot water in the bathroom, if you wanted to shower you had to endure some minutes in freezing cold water. Overall, not a great place.

• 20th Nov 2015

Awful night... Impossible to sleep because my room was next to a road with lots of traffic and the windows didn't cover anything. And the bathroom is antiquated

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7