Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Needs to be updated.

Very friendly staff, all facilities clean, quiet atmosphere. An excellent stay and I highly recommend Kinlay House

• 29th Jul 2015

This was a great place to stay and a great value for the money. The hostel staff were very friendly, the room was great and the hostel was very easy to access via the bus from the airport.

• 28th Jul 2015

Well, I have stayed one month at Kinlay Galway, and now I understand why the Kinlay Galway is the best hostel in the world, Kinlay Dublin is ok, but a lot under the hight standard of Kinlay Galway. The best thing about Kinlay Dublin was Location that is definitely great. Breakfast good.

I would definitely recommend staying here. Excellent staff, ideal location, and very safe. Beds were comfy and clean, and the showers were nice an hot. Wifi isn't the best, and their bathrooms get really foggy because there's no window; but these were minor issues.. I really enjoyed my stay here and will absolutely return.

Really cool place to stay, with people really friendly In real and a very kind stuff. We only had a complaint: a guy introduced a girl into the room we shared with him and they didnt let the rest of us sleep. But the very next morning the reception guy solved the situation.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Location was great, and I have let more secure than in y other hostel. My only complaint was that, for some reason, our bathroom smelled like horse oats.

• 25th Jul 2015

Great hostel, superb location.

Rooms are nice, beds are comfy, showers are a little odd (in the pods the shower sprays all over the room). The luggage storage is great (albeit 2 euro a day, but really secure and the lockers are huge), staff is kind, common area is well kept and the kitchen offers a lot of options. Maybe a 5 minute walk from the Temple Bar area. This was my second time at Kinlay House, and when I came back to Dublin I sought it out specifically. Good hostel.

Its a hostel and u r not able to ask forfor the accommodations of a top hotel. However the rooms and bathrooms could be cleaner. Papers on the floor are there for days or the showers have dust and soap stains in the walls. Rooms has just a ceiling genera light. Nothing in the small cubicals of ur bed. There are only two electric plugs for four bedsbeds; eve when u want to borrow and additonal one for the four of us (phones.cameras) the receptionist would not even when we had asked for it ...

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Perfect location if you're only in dublin for 1-2 days and want to see as much as possible. But the breakfast could be a little more elaborated.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Austria

We had a great family room in Pod 1. Lovely warm shower. Friendly staff. Would have loved TV in the room as I had 3 children with me but we survived. Wifi in room. Plenty of electrical points. Lockers under bed but bring your own lock. Free use of hairdrier just ask reception. Towels 2 euros.

• 21st Jul 2015

“Excellent Stay in Dublin" I spent 3 days in Dublin with my 2 kids and we stayed in Kinlay-house . The staff is very professional, the rooms are clean and recently painted , the hotel has a good location not far from Grafton Area . Breakfast is perfect to start a day full of activities. Will be back there for my next stay .

• 20th Jul 2015

Everything was perfect...the breakfast could have been better...!

Very good location and good staff. I just suggest to leave the lounge opened all night long.

• 17th Jul 2015

Very helpful staff. Issues with water temp and water always on floor of the bathroom

• 17th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was in a great location - 2 minutes walk from Dublin Castle and the Temple Bar area. The room slept 6 but the decor was shabby and the 5 showers available were shared across he whole floor. The breakfast could be vastly improved, but overall good value for money

• 16th Jul 2015

Good location and value. The showers/bathroom are not ideal, but it was a minor issue for our trip. If you're just needing a secure place for your bags with a helpful staff and a clean place to sleep, you can't go wrong for the price.

• 12th Jul 2015

Great hostel and in a great location!!!

One of the best's hostels to stay! Is not so expensive and is really great!

• 12th Jul 2015