Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The place is good. I could go anywhere in Dublin in short time. The facility is somewhat old and room is small but it has good price.

We were pleasantly surprised by how great our stay was. When our bus arrived early in the morning, we were ecstatic to be able to check into our room so early.

Wow!!! The Hostel has the most amazing feel. This feel is created by the friendliness and generosity of the staff. Yes it is very well appointed, and yes it is in a brilliant location but from the moment you arrive, it feels like "Home".

• 15th Jun 2015

This was a very pleasant hostel, located right next to Christ Church and in walking distance of Trinity College, a cool theatre, the Guiness Storehouse, and Temple Bar.

• 14th Jun 2015

Brilliant friendly will defo stay again

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Ideal for a weekend with pals.cheap and cheerful.no complaints.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Saved my bacon!

Helpful reception and great pub right behind it. 8 thumbs up!

It was very loud there seemed to be little regard for people who were staying there for sleep. We were on the third floor and there was a female who sounded intoxicated, I believe she was being addressed by staff but she was loud and it was a lengthy conversation. Not an argument just loud. Also people in the common room were very loud as well again during what I would deem as quiet hours between 1am and 5am.

• 10th Jun 2015

This has the potential to be a really good hostel but there are a lot of things that need fixing. Firstly the door card stops working all the time. Secondly the common room and kitchen was closed after 11pm or 12pm until like 7am for cleaning every day, which was really odd I thought. Finally the staff are in adequately trained. I booked a tour through the hostel and it didnt get booked, I ask the staff member why and he said that he didn't know he had to. So I missed out on going on my day trip

The hostel was good, staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in a six bed dorm with a friend. We only had 2 other roommates but one was incredibly rude and unwelcoming. Ruined out stay a little. Apart from that, the stay was great. Fab location.

I love Kinlay House - regularly stay there when I visit Dublin. The location is great and the staff are really helpful and friendly. Beds are always clean and there is a positive and relaxed atmosphere.

• 8th Jun 2015

Main downside was that the room smelled like smoke (smoking wasn't allowed inside), but the big kitchen and common room and great location made up for that.

• 8th Jun 2015

Good place to stay in Dublin. Staff were really friendly and helpfull.

• 8th Jun 2015

Amazing play to stay in Dublin. The hotel is perfect to visit the city, nearly with a lot of monument. Great staff, very cleaned, very technologic. Go without fear!

• 7th Jun 2015

In the bathroom, it was multiple days before soap was present. Our hallway and room smelled of wet rags/dogs While taking a shower or using the toilet, the lights would just go out and wouldn't turn back on unless someone else walked in the doors We smelled weed in the hallways numerous times Where they had their lockers we could rent, it smelled very toxic

Good location, relatively close to Temple Bar area. It was a bit noisy from the street below in my room but that's what you expect when you stay so close to Temple Bar area. The room was a bit cramped and shower/toilet was tiny but otherwise clean. Overall a good place to stay.

The room that I was booked in did not have power outlets. We were forced to charge any electronic devices in the common area.

Very kind and helpful staff!

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Clean bed , fresh bed linen , nice location , free maps , free inetrnet , friendly atmosphere.

• 3rd Jun 2015