Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Recently stayed at Kinlay house and was slightly disappointed. We stayed in the 20 bed dorm on the top floor and it was neither clean or pleasant. The glass in the windows were broken, bed frames were loose generally lacked upkeep. Toilets were clean however it was very mouldy. Would I stay again ? Only as a last resort

Very basic but everything you need. The Wifi wasn't stable, in my 6 bed room everything was really closely and there was little space for your package but the other room mates were very nice. The establishment was old and some things battered but it was clean. Breakfirst was simple but not bad. In total it was a good option and fore the price you cannot expect much more.

• 14th Aug 2015

Had a great stay! No parking but 50% off discount at the local multistorey was an absolute revelation! So happy because dublim city parking is a nightmare. So nice to have affordable parking. Thanks!

• 13th Aug 2015

It's a nice hostel, but there are things that could be better: I didn´t like to have to pay in Pounds to book because you have to pay an aditional money. It would be great that there would be changing rooms, because there are bathrooms, showers and there is not much space I think It's neccesary to put more switches, the perfect would be one switch per bed and a small light as well.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Spain

While I was staying there I had my wallet stolen from my room. The staff was kind of helpful but I felt they could have made more of a proactive effort to help me. Though having lockers in the larger dorms to secure valuables would have prevented the situation entirely.

• 11th Aug 2015

Nice room (6 bed dorm), but hot and without fans. The showers are clean, but whether you get hot water is a gamble.

Needed more hooks and shelving to put your gear or clothing in shower would be great

So happy with my stay at Kinlay House, will come again, definitely. Staff friendly and helpful, dorms big enough, clean and quiet. I loved the kitchen and common room as well. My only complain is about the bed, really hard matress and super thin pillow, but nothing that prevented me from sleeping okey.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Get location and had an awesome time at temple bar. We showed up really late and they were very accommodating. Wifi did not always work in the room

my room was extremely hot and smelly. the bathroom smelled and the toilet had no seat. When I asked the guy to be moved or to replace the toilet seat he just said we were all full and there was nothing we could do. The common areas were okay but the room was terrible.

• 7th Aug 2015

Below average hostel, despite location. Limited number of power sockets in rooms with no USB outlets. Shower isn't really a shower. Just a curtain next to the toilet. You could literally sit on the toilet and shower if you wanted to. This means the entire bathroom floor is a flood by the time someone is done. The sink had clearly broken in multiple places and been caulked back together...poorly. No working lift.

Really enjoyed my stay in kinlay house hostel, staff were very friendly and easy to approachable, very helpful. hostel was well maintained clean with top security, private, not loud. atmosphere was also very good, morning time was nice and cool too. rooms nice and fresh lots of space and air to breath not stuffy at all. would like to add just one down point my pillow was not good it may aswell not have been there very uncomfortable on head and neck maybe i should have brought my own ??

• 6th Aug 2015

Overall the premises is excellent. Staff are very friendly and helpful. One observation that I made is that the gents and ladies showers/toilets could be more clearly marked. I don't think 'male' or 'female' are actually written on the doors. There's just an image of a Viking man or Viking woman. On a few occasions I noticed that women were walking into the male shower rooms and in one case there was a girl using the shower while there were a number of males present.

• 6th Aug 2015

This hostel was great because in the city center but in my room, that was a bit noisy during the night. The breakfast was good and the staff very nice.

• 5th Aug 2015

wifi didn't work very well

Good moment, clean room.

• 5th Aug 2015

We had a fantastic 6-night stay at Kinlay house in Dublin. The atmosphere is great and the kitchen and living room make it easy to meet new people. The location is very convenient, just minutes away from the always lively Temple bar district.

Excellent position and well organized. However, my girlfriend was not satisfied (at all) with the girl's restroom cleanliness, so we're unlikely to come back there.

I love staying at this hostel. Although the new rooms are much nicer than the older rooms, I still felt I got a good deal for my money. The cleanliness isn't the best but I found I actually prefer the larger rooms (instead of smaller 4/6 person ensuite rooms) with the dorm style showers because those bathrooms seem to be more clean and spacious. The location is very central and the staff are exceptional. They always had great recommendations and helped me plan my trip around Dublin.

thanks gr Hands de Vries