Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

I booked a 4 beds room with bathroom, and it was quiet, and clean in general. I like also the decoration and paintings on the walls (viking style). Very nice staff! Breakfast included, but I arrived to late to enjoy it, whatever, it seemed that people enjoyed! =)

I booked two private rooms for a stag weekend in Dublin (11 people), it was a very clean, and in a good location. Great value for money.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Northern Ireland

No complaints apart from the breakfast. It isa bit limited, and also the area where you eat is quite small, so some people didn't have a table and had their food standing. We were lucky enough to find room!

It probably not the best hostel in the town but overall it still could be suggested as a good place to have a good sleep or for any of those who needs to crush for few nights. The location which is just walking distance to the bar district could be one of the strengths of this hostel. Staffs were being professional and able to attend most queries at all time. Breakfast were decent yet still meet the basics expected. Thanks for the hospitality Kinlay House.

So much fun! We would all meet up in the lobby around 8pm and pre game before like 30 of us hit up the clubs and pubs!.... Wifi works all the way up to the 3rd floor.... Free breakfast... Close to all that hot spots and tours...

I can't say enough good things about this hostel! Great value and location.

Cold showers.

I have stayed in couple hostels before and that was one of the best! It's a hostel so don't expect too much. But for hostel I would defenitely recoment that to my friends. Everything was quite clean and safety. Light breakfast was included to the price (and the price was good). There was 24/7 reception and the location is great. You can walk everywhere. And there is a bus stop to the airport right next to the hostel. We stayed in the "kinlays room" where is 24 beds and it was nice!:)

Good location but poor effort with facilities. One plug for phones at the base of bottom bunk. Shower was a curtained off area if the small bathroom making the whole floor wet.

Typical hostel, the rooms were very clean and the location of the building was excellent. Right in the middle of everything!

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were nice and clean, although the temperature was either freezing cold or way too hot. The rest of the hostel was generally freezing as well so I had to wear my jacket quite a lot. I had a hard time finding the bathroom, I ended up using a handicap one the whole time and I still don't know if there was another. The location was perfect. Within walking distance to whatever you could want! Only one toaster slot was working (out of 5 toasters), not very good

No complaints. Good hostel

Awesome hostel! The bedrooms are big, and there is a big shared kitchen with good facilities for cooking. The location is awesome, close to temple bar but far enough that it's not too loud at night. There is heaps of toast and cereal for breakfast. Would highly recommend.

No lockers in room, staff wasnt very friendly, and not very clean.

This place was pretty good. It had a large common area where people hung out at the end of the day. The breakfast was good and rooms clean. I stayed only one night but would go back again for sure.

(+)Beds were comfortable, linens were clean. There was toilet paper and soap. Staff were friendly. Large and comfy common area. Its nice that the bus to the airport leaves from right out front. Easy access to Temple Bar. (-)Co-ed bathrooms on second floors were dirty. From three different showers there was NO hot water. Loose toilet seats on many pots.

• 17th Mar 2015

Very nice location near the city centre and temple bar. Got the 6 Bed Dorm with single beds with much more space and no double beds. Facilities could be improved a bit. Toilet flush did not work as well as some single toaster properly well.

• 17th Mar 2015

The staff at the front desk was great! There was one girl I spoke two quite a few times. She was from Ukraine or Russia perhaps? So sweet and extremely helpful with booking an airport shuttle and suggesting places to see. Dorms were as expected, no lockers though. The bathrooms were clean and pretty typical. My friend stayed in the all-female suite and I would book that next time.

Kinlay House was the best experience I have had. Friendly and helpful staff. A nice relaxing common area for people to chill out and eat. Showers and bathrooms excellent. Kudos to the owners and staff. You were the best.

The location was excellent for the Temple Bar area. There were many sights and bars in the area within short walking distance. The hostel also had a very fun atmosphere and clean facilities. My only complaint was the buttons in the showers. You constantly had to push them to keep the water running.