Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Wifi didnt work almost all the time, bedrooms without lockers (you can rent a very small one at the reception..). Great location, staff was ok.

The hostel is very good located, but the kitchen is not so clean, also is closed at 11pm, also the coomon area is closed at 1pm, the internet access is not so good and there are not computers available for guests, just two tablets that were out of order. I think that hostel need a good renovation.

We had a good time in dublin, although a few of the receptions workers were very rude once while arriving and a few times through out the stay, i can understand doing the over night shift isn't very fun but there are nicer ways to talk to people.... the older gentleman who worked at the reception he was great and helped us with anything we needed!

The location is GREAT but this place is kinda ghetto. The rooms are not very clean, the wifi is slower than Christmas and doesn't work at all half the time - I had to walk around the block to find an unlocked network somewhere that works several times. The showers are push button like the faucets on the sink - taking a shower longer than about 1 minute requires continually pushing the button. My shower also had some sort of duct tape in the corner instead of a proper repair.

Wifi was less than good.

• 27th Aug 2014

charged me and i didn't stay here. I canceled a day in advance! Not happy. won't use Kinlay again as an airline crew member we are space available on the flight. the night before i called to cancel because i dint get on and i was charged for 3 beds in which was everyone in my group. NOT happy! oh well all my visits to Ireland can go to another facility. their loss.

• 27th Aug 2014

Only spent 2 nights but it was excellent for a few nights in Dublin. Centrally located and easily walkable to tourist attractions and main train stations, would stay again.

it was clean, nice staff and the 20 people room was also excellent (though it was smelly) because of the corners of the beds. but I missed sockets, especially in the bathroom.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice place with nice staff and in a great part of the city. I hired a locker but the attendant didn't explain that it was charged per day and that was the only thing that made me disppointed with the hostel.

Was a really nice property with comfortable beds :)

While the location of the hostel was good, everything else was substandard. The security was poor (people just buzzed and were left in without any questions). The staff was unfriendly and unhelpful. The bathroom, bedroom, and common rooms were generally dirty. There were a lot of loud people in and out of the rooms at all hours and three times drunk people collapsed in my bed while I was trying to sleep. Overall this was the worst hostle I've stayed in.

Big thanks to all staff.

The dining area was nice. The kitchen was almost always clean in the evening, I suppose this was also thanks to the other guests. It's good to stay in a hostel were the other guests respect common areas. In the floor we stayed, Ladies toilets were checked once a day, but Gents toilets were checked 2-3 times a day. I wonder why.

• 17th Aug 2014

Room too small, no space to move

Great place to stay, Regards, james in limerick.

Check-in was very poor. Sent me to the wrong room/bed which was already occupied. Had to come back downstairs with my luggage, go back up with a staff member, to come back down, to then be assigned the correct room/bed. Coffee at breakfast was terrible, though I think this is because the machine was out of beans! The good points were that the bed is already made for you, good atmosphere, excellent location. All in all I would stay again.

I stayed many years ago in this hostel. Nothing has changed. The facilites are very old. I stayed in a private room and and the first day water leaked from the pipes (from the ceiling) and they gave us a bucklet to put in teh bathroom. The first beakfast was awful. The dinining room was overcrowed, ,people had their breakfast without siiting with the astrays on the pool table. The recepcionist didn¨t explained anything when we arrived (how to get to the room ), she was not helpful.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Why ban alcohol? For anyone not a teenager it is a bit insulting. Can be "smuggled" in anyway.

• 8th Aug 2014

Kinlay was a great first experience in a hostel. The location was fantastic. Loved the pub next door through the kitchen! Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice large room for three people. Busy location if you are a light sleeper. I was fine. Bus stop outside the door was very convenient. Close to Temple Bar district.

• 8th Aug 2014

The only real complaint I would have is that the internet went down a couple days into my stay. To use wifi, we had to use the common room and bounce off the hotel next door. The only room this was accessible from was the common room, which was often packed. The front desk staff could have been more helpful in directing people to the activities the hostel offered. However, all that said, the hostel is in an excellent location and I could walk almost everywhere I wanted to go in Dublin. Thanks!