Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

We were on a road trip through Ireland and so happy to have acces to a real bed and clean showers again! Staff and atmosphere have been amazing, we met so many great people. Breakfast included, clean facilities and everything worth seeing to reach in a few minutes for only a few pounds. Amazing!

• 29th Jun 2014

I stayed in Kinlay house with a group of friends for Gay Pride. The atmosphere there was amazing. I have also stayed at Kinlay house before with just my partner, and also found it to be brilliant. Whether with groups, or just two people, I would highly recommend Kinlay house. Security is great, as all room doors require key cards, which are provided to each individual staying. Only complaint I would have is the large number of stairs for groups to climb. Other than that, I really enjoyed it!

• 28th Jun 2014

Stayed here before a few times with friends on weekends away to Dublin. It was out favourite place to stay. It is close to temple bar, trinity college and Dublin castle. It is close to night life and in the heart of the city. However the staff were appalling to the extent of them walking into our room with no apology about 7 times. Rude and annoying. Gonna severely downhill lately with staff I would think.

It was hard to go up on the top floor without an elevator. The wi-fi connection was quite weak ( a 5-minute task needed 20-30 minutes because the connection kept getting interrupted). With only one window that can be opened, the room on the top floor gets quite warm, stuffy, and uncomfortable. We can't help comparing this Kinlay House to the one in Galway: the breakfast in the Dublin hostel was disappointing.

I only had a short stay at the hostel and left at 5.30am the next morning, but this is an excellent hostel and I would use it again.

• 26th Jun 2014

Kinlay hostel is great! The staff is super nice, the room was clean and the atmosphere was so nice- really homie :) Highly recommende! :)

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Israel

I paid 10 euros (2 + 8 deposit) for a locker, but I was given back 4 euros instead of 8. Without any explanation. There is no lift in the building and no information about it on the website.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Poland

Great stay with a lot of wonderful accommodations!

awesome staff, great location !

Great stay for the price! Clean and plenty of bathrooms. Do expect nose from downtown Dublin, but really not a problem if you are sleepy! Walking distance to all key sites.

Kinlay House is in a noisy location. We stayed in a double room which was pretty cramped with a rather uncomfortable bed. The shared bathrooms were not immaculate, but they were clean enough. The price was good, though I think we'd prefer something a bit nicer next time.

• 16th Jun 2014

Kinlay House was was clean and safe and right in the middle of tourist haven in Dublin. My bed literally looked out a window at Christ Church Cathedral. It was easy to find and very convenient. Nice and clean, easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in in that part of the world.

• 13th Jun 2014

The stay was as good as I expected. The hostel has a nice environment and the staff was pretty friendly. It has also a good breakfast, once the price I paid was not high. The only problem was that there were not lockers available for those who wanted. Another point is that I stayed on the top floor and I had to climb so many stairs, which was not good for me because of injured knees...

• 13th Jun 2014

There no lockers the rooms which is risky, they have 16 lockers in the common room so if first in first serve, shower in room was awfull, staff friendly but not super friendly like some other hostels, only hostel ive stayed at in dublin, i would probably look elsewhere before staying there again

Could do with a lot of refurbishment. Room and bathroom were very dated.

Never stayingbhere again. I know its a hostel so you get what you pay for but it was not a good experience...there are definitely better options out there

I stayed for two nights with two kids. Everything was fine. Ensuide room was sadly sold out, bot the bathroom and showers were perfect clean. Breakfast was simple but good, and the kitchen is complete for self cooking. I will stay next time there again.

I was staying in a mixed dorm with 10 persons for two nights. In my opinion, the facilities in the room were very poor. There were no plugs so you had to charge your electronic devices either in the common room or in the hallway, which is very inconvenient. Furthermore, there were no lockers available in the room. Instead there was only one closet to share with other people and downstairs in the common room available lockers by payment. But the location of the hostel is really good.

• 4th Jun 2014

Wonderful friendly reception staff. Lovely feel throughout the hostel and free wi fi and breakfast as well as lots to do for longer staying hostelliers!!! Excellent value for money. Mattresses very hard and Id have loved another pillow. Cant complain for €16 a night. Thank you all x

• 2nd Jun 2014

Bit expensive but thats more due to short notice and it being a bank holiday weekend in Dublin. Unisex bathrooms, not a huge deal but its easier for everyone if they are seperate.