Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The water taps are weird and are more than unusual to the majority of the travellers, moreover, they're not convenient. Mixer taps are a way more practical! The common showers often have problems with providing hot water and in the majority of cases one has to balance between warm and cool water. It's very convenient to have a table in a room, but in some rooms there are no facilities to properly use our laptop or make some notes. Not all the windows work properly. Overall, worth the money!

• 20th May 2014
  • Russia

The hostel is very central.

Basic but very clean and everything you need. Very go location and value for money. Good beds, not hanging through.

• 16th May 2014

Lot of noise, not the place to go for a good night sleep in the weekend.

hostel is in a perfect location..breakfast was cereal, toast and coffee so at least it was something to get you going..though the coffee wasnt all that tasty..staff were friendly and helpful..the temple area is wonderful..we were close enough to walk to the pubs but far away from the noise so it was good..i wud stay here again for sure

There was no where in the rooms to lock up your belongings. We were in a very large room so it would have been nice to do so. It was also very loud in our room and in the hostel in generally. The rooms of quiet were not enforced and it was difficult to sleep.

Good hostel and pretty good value considering its location. The building itself is class.

Smell very bad, the building is very old, the breakfast was poor,

• 9th May 2014

we had a private room with bath and the room was a very good size and clean..breakfast is cereal, toast and coffee, the coffee isnt good at all..some fruit would be nice..the hostel is in a great area so you are close to everything..the staff were all very nice and friendly..i would stay here again for sure..one sat nite a drunk guest was very noisy all nite..im surprised police werent called in to kick him out..other than that. all else was great

Kinlay house was a great place to stay. The staff were nice and helpful but I wouldn't say extremely helpful. I really like the atmosphere at Kinlay House.

Our shower was back backing up onto our floor in the bathroom. Also, breakfast was disappointing. I would have rather paid for a better/more diverse breakfast.

Nothing special. Staff were nit friendly. I was chased out of the kitchen despite just arriving and needed to put my cold things away. Rooms were avg. Quick walk to temple bar. No where to lounge at night. Internet was horrible no matter where you walked. I would try elsewhere in future.

Great location - everything very close. I found the staff to be helpful and answered all questions. Very clean rooms and the ensuite bathroom looked very clean. There aren't really any lockers for your stuff, but I didn't feel like my stuff wasn't safe. Would definitely recommend.

Loved my stay! Just like always. Will definitely see you again!

A bit disappointed because I booked for 3 people but we couldnt get beds next to each other! Otherwise, our stay was good.

• 24th Apr 2014

I thought that the 24-bed dorm room "Kinlay House room" was freezing, The heating was obviously not on. It seemed like the heating was on in all the other rooms.

It would be assuring if valuables could be stored in secure in room lockers and maybe the staff could show a more natural friendly attitude.

I wasn't very happy with this place. They shut down the kitchen at 11:30? The lockers are not in your room, but outside in an open room. They look like cages where you put your dog. It feels like anyone can walk in and cut off the locks. Security for that area was just unsafe for me. They also shut down the lounge room at 11:30pm which is ridiculous for a youth hostel. Overall not a great place for me.

Decent place to stay. Well located and quite quiet when you're trying to get your head down. I stayed in the big 24 bed dorm, only problem was the lack of power outlets (only a handful in comparison to the number of beds). Being a big hostel in a big city it lacks atmosphere. It's clean, the bathrooms were never busy or dirty and there was always hot water. Beds and bedding was immaculately clean and comfortable. Some staff had attitude, ain't no body got time for that!

The service is not worth the money! The staff was not irish and couldn't give us the information we needed and you pay extra for Everything, even to leave your bag for an hour! Seriously, there ir cheaper and better in Dublin.