Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel im a great location.

I stayed there for two days, the location is perfect close to lots of turist attractions and the most important it's close to temple bar so you have all the bars, pubs

• 24th May 2014
  • Mexico

The rooms are very noisy from traffic noise due to poor windows.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Scotland

I stayed at kinlay about 10 years ago and it's as nice as I remembered. It's bustling yet friendly, and remarkably clean considering the amount of people coming through. A few small maintenance issues detracted from the experience: some showers require you to push the button every 5 seconds to keep stream going, and the door to our 10 bed dorm was horribly squeaky. his to two staff members and

• 21st May 2014

Excellent location and clean overall; some of the staff less knowledgeable and willing to help than others, no hand soap provided in shared bathroom so be prepared with your own.

I felt safe (keycard used to enter room and hostel, receptionist check keycard before heading to our room). Great location too, just few second walk to Christ Church Cathedral and 10-15min walk to River Liffey. The little thing that Kinlay House can improve is the shower and the lights in it. The shower only last for

Hostel just e few meters from Temple Bar. Good to arrive the Guinness Brewery in a 15 minutes walk also. Very good Staff.

The water taps are weird and are more than unusual to the majority of the travellers, moreover, they're not convenient. Mixer taps are a way more practical! The common showers often have problems with providing hot water and in the majority of cases one has to balance between warm and cool water. It's very convenient to have a table in a room, but in some rooms there are no facilities to properly use our laptop or make some notes. Not all the windows work properly. Overall, worth the money!

• 20th May 2014
  • Russia

The hostel is very central.

Basic but very clean and everything you need. Very go location and value for money. Good beds, not hanging through.

• 16th May 2014

Lot of noise, not the place to go for a good night sleep in the weekend.

hostel is in a perfect location..breakfast was cereal, toast and coffee so at least it was something to get you going..though the coffee wasnt all that tasty..staff were friendly and helpful..the temple area is wonderful..we were close enough to walk to the pubs but far away from the noise so it was good..i wud stay here again for sure

There was no where in the rooms to lock up your belongings. We were in a very large room so it would have been nice to do so. It was also very loud in our room and in the hostel in generally. The rooms of quiet were not enforced and it was difficult to sleep.

Good hostel and pretty good value considering its location. The building itself is class.

Smell very bad, the building is very old, the breakfast was poor,

• 9th May 2014

we had a private room with bath and the room was a very good size and clean..breakfast is cereal, toast and coffee, the coffee isnt good at all..some fruit would be nice..the hostel is in a great area so you are close to everything..the staff were all very nice and friendly..i would stay here again for sure..one sat nite a drunk guest was very noisy all nite..im surprised police werent called in to kick him out..other than that. all else was great

Kinlay house was a great place to stay. The staff were nice and helpful but I wouldn't say extremely helpful. I really like the atmosphere at Kinlay House.

Our shower was back backing up onto our floor in the bathroom. Also, breakfast was disappointing. I would have rather paid for a better/more diverse breakfast.

Nothing special. Staff were nit friendly. I was chased out of the kitchen despite just arriving and needed to put my cold things away. Rooms were avg. Quick walk to temple bar. No where to lounge at night. Internet was horrible no matter where you walked. I would try elsewhere in future.

Great location - everything very close. I found the staff to be helpful and answered all questions. Very clean rooms and the ensuite bathroom looked very clean. There aren't really any lockers for your stuff, but I didn't feel like my stuff wasn't safe. Would definitely recommend.