Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Location is good as in you're right in the center. Cool building, has potential. Booked a double bed private room and ended up with bunk beds but bottom bed was a full so it was ok. Window was extremely drafty so the room was freezing. Weird vibe, mixture of groups of old men and families with 3-6 yr old children roaming around. Kitchen is poor, they take away toasters etc after breakfast. Stove is odd. Staff treats guests like immature high schoolers.

I found your hostel online and all my initial concerns were addressed by the website. I reserved my dates with no problems, and was able to reserve a 5 person room that held my entire group. I liked the casual atmosphere of the place. I brought my 14 and 16 year old son and they wandered freely throughout the area and enjoyed the free wi-fi and the common room. The front desk staff was always helpful. Great stay!!

• 16th Dec 2013

The only problem I had was that my key stopped working several times throughout my stay. It was a friendly and clean place. It's in a very central location, but very close to the Temple Bar area which was a little trashy on the weekend and it got loud at times.

• 12th Dec 2013

I had a good stay in Dublin. Unfortunately I found it still quite loud even though it is what I thought would be a good distance from all Temple Bar. The staff was fantastic.

Nice place to stay. Great location!

• 7th Dec 2013
  • Poland

The location is very nice and the staff is quite welcoming. Good experience over all (not to mention the free breakfast) The only downside I experienced was the bright green light above the bed which couldn't be switched off, I understand it must be here for security reasons though. The heating was off in the room also

It was my first experience staying in a hostel and I was very pleased staying at Kinlay House Dublin.

• 4th Dec 2013

The price/quality ratio is fine. its not a 5* hotel, but for what you pay its nice. The location is excellent I booked a double bed with private bathroom with my boyfriend. Rooms are cleaned every day, new towels etc. Downsides: - I booked a double bed, but we got a room with a double bunk bed. Not what i expected, but it was oke for us as a young crazy couple. - The shower didnt had a normal faucet, but a push buttom you had to hit every 10 seconds. At least the water was nice and warm.

• 4th Dec 2013

The thing with the lockers is the stupidest and most illogical thing I've seen in my life. So basically, the area with the lockers is outside. You can't open any door to enter the hostel from that courtyard unless you have a keycard, and on the inside it says "for your safety do not open the door to anyone, as everyone has a key". Well, SURELY, if you want to put your luggage there it's because you have ALREADY checked out and therefore don't have a keycard anymore?!?!?!?

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Stayed in a private double room for two nights. The room itself was spacious enough and clean. The bed wasn't particularly comfortable. The ensuite could use some improvements - there was no border for the shower, so you essentially had to wipe down the whole bathroom floor after use. The sink was also tiny. Nice common room with lots of activities - pool, table tennis, TV, guitar for hire. Cool place to hang out and meet people. Location also great. Just out from Temple Bar

The hostel knows what happened. I booked through this page a 4 bed room for 4 people and they split us into different rooms. I told them that that wasn't what I booked and they said that I just choose the room type...! I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone. They made us pass just a bad time, plus the room wasn't clean at all (there was dust everywhere) and some of the staff wasn't willing to help us at all. Worst hostel ever!

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Spain

internet was not working in my room and at night it was freezing.

Staff was very friendly. Rooms was small but clean and facilities was good and comfortable.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

Friendly staff, GREAT central location, only issue was the outlets in our room didn't work the second night and the wifi didn't really work anywhere. would definitely stay there again though! cheap and gets the job done if you just need somewhere to sleep

• 22nd Nov 2013

The staff were very helpful. Location was perfect. Toilet seat was broken and toilet was on a slant which was annoying in the rooms. But beds were comfy. But noisy at night from the road but perfect spot in dublin.

It was in a fantastic location, close to Temple Bar and lots of attractions. I loved the massive common room and dining room. The free breakfast was very basic but good nonetheless. Only downer was the first staff member who greeted us, wasn't too helpful in helping us split the tab and took forever to add all our payments up.

• 15th Nov 2013

Great staff and very central

Wi-fi needs to be improved. Other than that I'm happy to come back again and again!

Water from the shower was not contained and ran all over the bathroom. Beds reasonably comfortable, sheets clean and crisp.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Kinley house was pretty decent for a hostel. It was noisy throughout the evenings, and our bed was pretty old, and saggy. But the washrooms were clean, the staff was helpful, and the area was great for touring downtown.

• 6th Nov 2013