Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Amazing location, the staff was awesome and very helpful. We stayed in a 16 bed dorm, and it was not bad. The bathrooms and showers were clean, the common room/dinning room was nice but seemed small for such a large hostel, if it is busy and you are not there early you won't be able to sit down to eat in the morning. The wifi was great in the common room but it was a hit and miss in the dorm room.

Not your typical hostel. Seems to be a lot of loud groups and is harder for single travelers to meet people here. Bathroom was horrendous and breakfast is the most minimal I've experienced. Of the 5 staff I've interacted with only one was great (eastern European girl) other than that the guys were just tiresome and rude. This hostel nickel and dimes you like nothing. The rates double on weekends too. Of the 150 hostels I've stayed at I'd say BOTTOM 10 on the list for sure. Happy travels!

I enjoyed how friendly everyone was at this hostel; it just had a nice vibe to it.

• 29th Oct 2015

Only spent one night here, so I won't be able to give it 100%, however in the time we were there, the staff was friendly and the beds were clean. Also the airport shuttle is very handy.

Best Hostel in Dublin , The hostel is for young people and backpackers that are looking for a clean bed and friendly people to meet , change some words , Kinlay is one of last place like that . The staff is friendly , helpful and happy all the time . The best and friendly atmosphere .

• 27th Oct 2015
  • Greece

A very nice hostel with a friendly atmosphere, clean. Just one complaint: is was terrible hot inside. Even with two windows wide open the bedroom felt like an oven. Also in the eating room it was too hot with lack of fresh air.

• 27th Oct 2015

Well I had a situation with the flooding and no hot water however this was immediatell rectified by them sending a plumber ! I was very impressed at the quick response! I love the white crispy sbeets and the firm bed! Cleanliness can be improved!

Our 4 bed private dorm was comfortable and clean enough, but not having soap in the toilet to wash your hands or a hand towel to dry your hands is just bit too basic. Breakfast was poor. Only options what to put on your toast were butter, raspberry jam and peanut butter. A slice of ham and cheese would've been nice if you are not big into sweet stuff. Hostel also gives discount tickets for the nearby carpark and that was great The girl who checked us in and out was very helpful and lovely.

• 26th Oct 2015

Very cool hangout room! Beds are mediocre but you can't expect great for a low price when it comes to that. Overall the staff and atmosphere were great and helpful. I would highly recommend

Good place, excellent location very close to bus stop. airlink 747 to e from the airport. the stop is just out from the door. The comon bathroom are extremely clean and the staff at the reception is working 24 hours a day. Una sola nota negativa: the carpets are very old and dirty , I suggest to change them. also the lights in the comon room could be inproved. The rooms were very hot expecialy the small ones .all the rest is fine or very good.

• 23rd Oct 2015

The room I stayed in was cold. The bathroom floor was often wet. The employees were not friendly. On my third night there I had come back from a trip to the coast. I wanted to get my bag out of the locker but was told I could not because I had to pay for not canceling one night. I told them I lost my wallet so I could not pay. They would not return my bag until I did so. I had no other place to go so sat at a 24 hour Spar. Finally gave back my bag & was told I could never stay there again.

• 21st Oct 2015

Kinlay house was nice place to stay for our holiday. Staff helped us with day trips and room was clean. Location is amazing! Very near the Temple Bar area and pubs and castle and all!

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Finland

Good hostel for youth people and backpackers , the staff is helpful and beds are clean . Great place , i love that is an old building because has his own history , i come to visit and discover the Irish experience. The Irish experience is old stories and legends about leprechauns and fairies , Kinlay- house has that vibes .

• 19th Oct 2015

Set in a brilliant location, clean and warm rooms and facilities, friendly staff who are happy to help!

• 16th Oct 2015

Great place!

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Spain

So good to come back to the same home welcome. Staff super friendly and knowledgeable and very well kept facilities.. A+++++

Amazing stay , friendly staff .

• 14th Oct 2015

At my age 70 I would have preferred a lower bunk and not all the way up to the third floor. But overall I enjoyed my stay except for a rowdy group arriving at 3.45 am, talking at the top of their voices and banging doors.

I slept very well, showers and toilets were very clean, a good atmosphere and beautiful and funny frescos on walls. (Just a less positive comment : I slept in a four beds-room with 2 other girls and we were surprised that the fourth bed was given to a man. But he did not disturb us.)

• 13th Oct 2015

Stayed in private 4bed dorm en suite. The smell from the bathroom was vile, had to leave window open for air in the room which left the room chilly and beyond reasonably noisey for its location. Had no hot water either. Lighting very poor and sockets in awkard place. Very disappointed.

• 12th Oct 2015