Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The shower had a problem, all the floor stayed wet during 3 days. Tha bedroom was really little for 5 persons... It is expensive for what itis....

• 5th Aug 2014

Good location and price but I was quite disappointed by the services. The wifi was barely usable and, 15 minutes after telling me that I could leave my backpack there for the day by paying 2€, the staff told me they didn't have any place left and that I had to find somewhere else to leave it.

Very friendly and helpful staff!

Staff had no consideration for visitors. Special when locating ladies, gentleman in the same room bring lots of stress. They showed lots of hostility to visitors today Dublin

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Israel

It was a good hostel, although I didn't have a pillow. When I asked for one all that the staff member gave me was a couple sheets because he couldn't find a new one.

You have a wonderful Hostel! Staff is very helpful! I suggest: 1) have vegan options available for breakfast (soymilk!) and 2) fix the toilet seat in #213-- it shifts so you nearly fall into the shower when you sit down! :) Also (and I know this is not your fault, all Hostels have this problem) the dishes are dirty/greasy because people to not properly clean up after they cook. My family cooked out dinner in the kitchen and we had to wash everything before and after we used it. Thanks!

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

good location, staff very welcoming. I recommend this hostel.

Staff were very kind and professional when other guests had caused me issues and it was handled very well. Thankyou I would stay there again although that third floor is killer on the legs! Haha 😊

Very good location, friendly staff, but no lockers and only few plugs in the room.

My first choice in Dublin! Everything you expect from a hostel for a fair price...

Get to our bedroom on th 3rd floor with our suitcases wasn't that easy but the hostel was very clean, safe and pretty close from the rest of the city. I would definitely recommend this place.

The wifi was bad , but apart from that not a bad hostel .

Great location right near the airport shuttle. Rooms were quite small no where to put our luggage but everything else was pretty good. Would def return

Good spot with helpful staff

• 26th Jul 2014

I have never stayed in hostel before so Kinlay House was the first for me. I thought it was a decent place to stay for a night or two although the showers confused me since they work like a sink.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Overall the stay was not bad. The staff was a bit harsh at times especially when we had to retrieve our bags they were not patient with us and a bit rude. I didn't feel safe though because the front door would not always be locked, and our door to our room was never locked so we were forced to keep our belongings in the locker at all times. I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I love staying here! It's next to everything that you would want to do in Dublin. Nothing was more then a twenty minute walk. The rooms are clean and the water is hot. The staff was very helpful with questions and directions. The only problem was we came during the remodeling and they didn't have a washer and dryer.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Staff were very helpful and happy to answer any questions. Free breakfast was nice to get. Bathrooms were a bit run down so never really looked clean though they might have been, it was impossible to tell. But a very convenient location, airport bus stops right outside and lots of food places around for every budget. Only thing I didn't like was that they charge to leave your bag for a few hours after you check out. It wasn't so cheap as for that not to be included in the room price.

Everything was great about this place minus the huge staircase in which I had to carry my bags up three flights of stairs. What a workout! The lounge area is very nice. There are big lockers available but you have to pay extra. Bathrooms were always clean. They do have somewhat strict rules about noise, guest and bed swapping, which is understandable. It has a very friendly atmosphere with lots of information of various activities to do. I would stay here again without a doubt!

a very good location, helpfull staff. In the weekend when there are extra activities in town the dayprice goes up!!! You have to pay way to much for a place in a dorm!!