Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Shower in shared 8 bed room wasn't the cleanest or had great pressure. Ended up using shared bathroom as showers were cleaner and better water pressure. Other than that, room was great except all those stairs after a night in Dublin!

• 9th Oct 2015

The place is adequate but the staff were hit and miss, I wasn't advised that lock boxes were available and ended up with a cage locker in another building just to put my passport in.

The lights went off in the whole bathroom when I was in the shower and it was pitch black, as they were sensor lights I had to get out mid way though just to get them back on and late at night it was kinda scary

Good Hostel , cheap beds , clean rooms ,friendly staff .

• 6th Oct 2015

I stayed now 3 times in this hostel. With Family ist´s to expensive for what you get. We had always rooms with hardly any noise-insolation. You always hear either Lord Edward Street traffic (by day and night) . One needs a very good and deep sleep-ability in order to find some rest. The other room I`ve had 403, is in the former laudry-section of the hostel. We had to stand backyard smell (rubish-container outside the window) and a permanent noisy Ventilator or cooler Sound). Great staff!!

• 4th Oct 2015

Good prices , Good location , Good staff . Clean rooms and clean bathrooms , helpful and friendly desk staff .

• 4th Oct 2015

I stayed in Dublin twice during my trip, each in a different hostel. I have to say the other one, barnacles, was MUCH better. So unfortunately I'm comparing this hostel to that one. Overall not a bad hostel though, just not great.

Great hostel, great place!

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Cheap and clean beds , nice location , good staff

• 27th Sep 2015

The worst hostel I've been. The atmosphere in the hostel is not friendly, you can't bring alcohol or guests inside the hostel (you should mention it in the hostel description), there is a lot of old people staying... The facilities is in bad condition, everything is falling apart, doors are broken, the whole hostel seems like he was stuck in the 70s. Don't recommend it at all!

we just stayed for one night, must say room was quite small but clean. super busy hostel, then again its in the heart of Dublin what else would you expect, the staff was quite nice thou, especially the guys who were working night shift, really helpful.

Very well-run hostel. The rooms and common areas were very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere was great. Very fun and easy to meet people.

it's the best that has perfect location in the heart of the city

We paid pretty cheap (about 25 Euro a night) so I feel like we got what we paid for. Quality of everything was not the best, but for a place to sleep for the night it was okay. It was my first hostel, so maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but my only wishes would have been for better bathrooms and for storage included with fee. Also, we were on the top floor, and the room we were in, a 10 bed room, was tiny, humid, and had only one small window. There should be less beds in such a small room.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • American Samoa

Furniture's was a bit worn out and the place had a smell of fitted carpet. The lounge room felt a bit unclean. Very nice and helpful staff. Clean beds.

The Hostel is too old.. creaking stairs and no elevator Common Bathrooms aren't well organized..you have to change yourself inside the shower There aren't sockets for the current in the common bathroom

• 22nd Sep 2015

Great hostel overall in a nice location. Sheets are really comfortable and its kind of a cool building. Only complaint I have is the lack in functioning outlets by the beds. I had two right behind my head but neither of them worked. Seemed only a couple in the whole room actually functioned. Otherwise I would recommend a stay here.

The location is great, right where you want to be in Dublin. The single private room I got was actually a 2 bed bunk bed which was not ideal, didn't have that nice "My Room" feel because I was always staring at the bed above me. The washrooms were quite far away from my room and the lights there didn't work. But the staff was nice enough and the common area downstairs has some real character. Not a bad place at all, just not anywhere near hotel quality.

We were put in the attic room at the farm end of the 3rd floor. The room was fine other than the beds being uncomfortable and being stuffy when the window was closed and damp when the window was open. (I do not think this was the case for other rooms). The location was great and central to everything you will want to see and do in Dublin.

I stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms were clean expect there was a lot of mould in the bathrooms. The staff were great and the facilities were too. Great location!

• 21st Sep 2015