Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The wifi was bad , but apart from that not a bad hostel .

Great location right near the airport shuttle. Rooms were quite small no where to put our luggage but everything else was pretty good. Would def return

Good spot with helpful staff

• 26th Jul 2014

I have never stayed in hostel before so Kinlay House was the first for me. I thought it was a decent place to stay for a night or two although the showers confused me since they work like a sink.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Overall the stay was not bad. The staff was a bit harsh at times especially when we had to retrieve our bags they were not patient with us and a bit rude. I didn't feel safe though because the front door would not always be locked, and our door to our room was never locked so we were forced to keep our belongings in the locker at all times. I'm not sure I would stay here again.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Nice hostel. Well located. Good staff. It's good that they serve breakfast. Nice common room. The atmosphere could be a little more amusing though.

I love staying here! It's next to everything that you would want to do in Dublin. Nothing was more then a twenty minute walk. The rooms are clean and the water is hot. The staff was very helpful with questions and directions. The only problem was we came during the remodeling and they didn't have a washer and dryer.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Staff were very helpful and happy to answer any questions. Free breakfast was nice to get. Bathrooms were a bit run down so never really looked clean though they might have been, it was impossible to tell. But a very convenient location, airport bus stops right outside and lots of food places around for every budget. Only thing I didn't like was that they charge to leave your bag for a few hours after you check out. It wasn't so cheap as for that not to be included in the room price.

Everything was great about this place minus the huge staircase in which I had to carry my bags up three flights of stairs. What a workout! The lounge area is very nice. There are big lockers available but you have to pay extra. Bathrooms were always clean. They do have somewhat strict rules about noise, guest and bed swapping, which is understandable. It has a very friendly atmosphere with lots of information of various activities to do. I would stay here again without a doubt!

a very good location, helpfull staff. In the weekend when there are extra activities in town the dayprice goes up!!! You have to pay way to much for a place in a dorm!!

I loved staying in Kinlay House!

• 19th Jul 2014

We stayed in 2 brand new 4 bed mixed dorms in the Kinlay Pod wing of the hostel. My friends and I were pleasantly surprised by how clean and safe everything was. The kitchen was great too. Location was amazing, just a brisk 10-15 minute walk to O'Connell street. Price was great also. Staff were helpful although some were a little stand-offish. Wifi was painfully slow. I see myself staying there in the future and would definitely recommend.

• 18th Jul 2014

It was our first time staying in a hostel and we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived at 11pm and the lights were out in our room already as some people were sleeping. The beds were nice and clean and comfortable and there was space to keep your belongings around you. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. We had a decent breakfast in the mornings which was free. People who were staying there came from all over the world which was nice. Loacation was great as we were able to walk everywhere

• 17th Jul 2014

I had a very nice stay in Kinlay. Thank u for all :)

The staff that dealt with us and our friend was very rude and disrespectful. Maybe some staff training would be a good idea.

All the staff was really nice and helpful.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

No lighting in communal showers/ toilets Toilet seats hanging off Cleanliness in rooms poor and very dated..!! Management need to review staff and overall running of hostel to obtain a better service for clients..!! Maybe ask the owners of Savoy hostel in Galway for a few pointers in how to get it right..!! Yes it's a hostel they're running at Kinlay but please just basic cleanliness is shocking !!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Kinlay is the best hostel I've ever stayed so far. I've been there twice and both times were excellent!

This is the second Time we have stayed at kinlay house and I'm very satisfied. The service is good and its situated within walking distance of most attractions with a bus terminal a few meters away.

The 1st night we had a room with an ensuite...the sink was blocked and the shower was cold, however they came and fixed it the nxt morning No lockers in the room :( Free luggage storage :) The bookings were messy and confusing! A definite miscommunication between staff for our on going stay Breakfast was toast and cereal Only 2 power point in the room although power boards were available at reception and wifi was fast Shuttles to airport also available Overall it was good value