Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

We stayed for 1 night and there was no water in the whole building, the staff allow us to take a shower in the afternoon even thought we had checked out, so we stayed up to 3 am of the next day and the water never came back.

• 8th May 2015
  • Mexico

The location of this hotel was great and had a airport bus stop right in front. Stayed in a 20 bed mixed room which was clean and had very warm blankets perfect for cold Dublin. The staff was knowledgeable about Dublin and friendly. The showers were freezing cold, but did have separate bathrooms for girls and boys. Quiet hours were not enforced when a rowdy group came in around 3 am. The breakfast was typical, coffee, toast, and cereal.

In bigger bedrooms there were very much noise during the night. Because of the shortage of water you couldn't use toilet or have a shower.

The 10 am check out and 10am breakfast finish time is very early in my opinion. To get to breakfast before 10 you need to have cleared the room and checked out before breakfast.

Really bad service, Would recommend staying away. Water ran out my last day of the trip and the following morning. The people at the front desk (including management) made a bunch of excuses and did not apologize or issue a credit when I asked for it for not being able to entirely use their services. I spent a few hours that night looking for available water (going from place to place and waiting, talking with employees, management) Thing happen but this could have been handled a lot better.

• 5th May 2015

The room smelled a little funky, but other than that we were very satisfied with our stay.

• 5th May 2015

My stay in Kinlay House was awesome! Premium location, clean hostel and friendly staff.....

Second time here! I would come again! Nice!

• 3rd May 2015

first time we'd stayed in a hostel and wasn't expecting much but was really surprised and impressed by the standard and value for money we got thankyou

• 1st May 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

very nice place with great location and decent amenities. only negative is that there was no lockers in room but I didn't need them anyways

• 30th Apr 2015

Gret place, friendly staff and overall quite clean. My security pass stopped working 3 times, even though I kept it in a pocket by itselt, but not really a big deal at all. Had a fantastic experience, love that they have a guitar and bongo at the front desk. Oh, and the stove on the side opposite the fridges I don't think works, so a sign saying that, or a sign explaining how to use it would be great!

• 30th Apr 2015

I didn't stay here very long, but the location right next to Christchurch is a plus. If you're leaving for the airport in the morning, the Airlink is directly outside which is quite convenient. The beds were very clean and towels were provided. The bathroom was not sparkling but perfectly acceptable. Most of all, the price for a private room was very reasonable, so I would stay here again the next time I needed someplace decently quiet.

I was on level 3 which was like living in a fridge it was so cold. I am not sure why, there were radiators everywhere but it was an ice box. The showers had hairs on the walls and the drain got blocked quite quickly. Whilst the website listed all these great facilities and social events, further information wasn't exactly forth coming, I had to go looking. I paid more as it sounded like quite a social hostel with all the activities but I didn't feel I got my moneys worth.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The location is awesome, close to the touristic places, to the pubs, everything, the staff if friendly, and even with a people hosted there are cool and fun. However, my towel was stolen while I slept and the lockers cost 2 extra euros.

Clean and very practical location. Friendly welcome.

Positive sides: Very helpful receptionists, Big kitchen, Laundry machine and dryer, very good location, near city centre Bad sides: Often closed toilets due to repairs, nearly impossible to find sockets for charging your phone, no board for ironing, expensive dryer for clothes (€5 are you crazy??)

• 20th Apr 2015
  • Croatia

The female bathroom is not marked properly so there are constantly men walking in to the bathroom while you get dressed after a shower... Kind of a boring hostel with no vibe

Warm and Friendly Welcome The staff is very nice , friendly and well trained . Lovely location , clean facilitties and fresh atmophiere . Great Place to stay

Helpful staff ,clean rooms, nice atmosphere , the location is perfect .

tip top hostel. Only drawback: the eating space for breakfast is very crowded

• 14th Apr 2015