Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

I booked because of closeness to Airport. Breakfast was quite good, room was just acceptable

• 2nd Sep 2014

There were too problem with internet ... I couldn't use it

The room was not at all what i expected. Thrte wad hardly any room to move around in. I felt it was over priced for a private room that small.

• 1st Sep 2014

3 nights in a 4-share, plus extended a night due to hangover...very common in Dublin! 4-share has nice ensuite bathroom/shower. Decent free breakfast...cereal, coffee, tea, toast with jam/honey/peanut butter. Good enough wifi in Common area. Not a party hostel...lots of students looking for flats for the semester. Bus stop directly in front of hostel. 5 min walk to Temple bar. 15 min walk to Guinness/Jameson. Dicey's is a GREAT nightclub! €5Cover...€3 drinks!! I'd def stay at Kinlay again!

Super friendly service, and so much more than I expected at such a low price. Definitely worth a recommendation.

• 1st Sep 2014

The whole experience was good. I wasn't looking for party and I managed to stay way although other people seemed to were having fun. I just didn't like the curtains in the room, coz seems like they were there for ages. Also, too many stairs. Not good depending on the luggage you're carrying.

Well located hostel at the end of Dame St. Unfortunately the window in my room was not properly sealed and the noise from the street outside was deafening! I might as well have been sleeping on the street itself. Also the room was quite cold and spartan. The funniest thing was the bedside lamp had a two-pin plug which I obviously couldn't plug in! Staff were quite ok, breakfast was simple bu sufficient.

Wifi didnt work almost all the time, bedrooms without lockers (you can rent a very small one at the reception..). Great location, staff was ok.

Great location, couldn't beat it!! Easy walk from the Temple Bar area and getting there by public transportation was a breeze.

The hostel is very good located, but the kitchen is not so clean, also is closed at 11pm, also the coomon area is closed at 1pm, the internet access is not so good and there are not computers available for guests, just two tablets that were out of order. I think that hostel need a good renovation.

We had a good time in dublin, although a few of the receptions workers were very rude once while arriving and a few times through out the stay, i can understand doing the over night shift isn't very fun but there are nicer ways to talk to people.... the older gentleman who worked at the reception he was great and helped us with anything we needed!

The location is GREAT but this place is kinda ghetto. The rooms are not very clean, the wifi is slower than Christmas and doesn't work at all half the time - I had to walk around the block to find an unlocked network somewhere that works several times. The showers are push button like the faucets on the sink - taking a shower longer than about 1 minute requires continually pushing the button. My shower also had some sort of duct tape in the corner instead of a proper repair.

It was an allright stay. Things I did not like too much compared to other hostels were 1: The staff couldn't answer any of my questions about the city and transportation. 2: There is a dimm light on in the rooms all the time, so no darkness in the rooms.. Other than that I liked it.

• 27th Aug 2014

Wifi was less than good.

• 27th Aug 2014

charged me and i didn't stay here. I canceled a day in advance! Not happy. won't use Kinlay again as an airline crew member we are space available on the flight. the night before i called to cancel because i dint get on and i was charged for 3 beds in which was everyone in my group. NOT happy! oh well all my visits to Ireland can go to another facility. their loss.

• 27th Aug 2014

Only spent 2 nights but it was excellent for a few nights in Dublin. Centrally located and easily walkable to tourist attractions and main train stations, would stay again.

Perfect location. Dirt cheap if you stay in one of the huge rooms. The big ones aren't very nice but if you're only using it as a place to sleep then it doesn't matter. Good atmosphere.

it was clean, nice staff and the 20 people room was also excellent (though it was smelly) because of the corners of the beds. but I missed sockets, especially in the bathroom.

• 24th Aug 2014

Nice place with nice staff and in a great part of the city. I hired a locker but the attendant didn't explain that it was charged per day and that was the only thing that made me disppointed with the hostel.

Was a really nice property with comfortable beds :)