Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

I had a fantastic couple of days in Dublin. it was only 17 euro for my very central hostel room which was clean and comfortable and there was somewhere to leave my bag during the day so I didn't have to carry it around- where can you go wrong? I also went to the kinlay pub crawl which I thoroughly enjoyed- only having to walk for about 5 mins at the end was great. Great stay but ideally I would have liked to be in an all female room.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel is located at very good location. Easy to go any were . Pubs , market place are very near by.

Kitchen was tiny. Breakfast was rushed because of the amount of people. Staff were great.

Great location, close walking distance to everything. Friendly staff, great free walking tour, standard free breakfast, stellar wifi. Social common room to meet people. The mega dorm (20+ people) was surprisingly quiet and an easy way to meet people. Would stay again.

Room 212 is too small for 4 people. It has not a wardrobe to hang clothes, only a simple hanger on the bottom of a bed. Suitcases and bags have to be kept under the beds. Room 303 was better, it's bigger and it has a small wardrobe, but the drainage in the bathroom doesn't work well and the floor floods when somebody has a shower. I thing you could improve your facilities easily with a minimum investment of money and time and customers would appreciate it a lot.

• 29th May 2015
  • Spain

The bathroom facilities were poor

• 27th May 2015

I was new to hostel stays. The staff was patient and helpful in guiding me through the rules and optional services provided. Boarding pass printing for a reasonable fee was a big plus. This hostel is located in an awesome place for both a multiple day stay to enjoy Dublin, or a single day to get a nights sleep before taking the express bus to the airport. The bus stop is right outside the hostel door. Many great reasonable eating places in Temple Bar.

• 27th May 2015

Hostel was nice and perfectly located. Free breakfast (toasts) was satisfactory, they even have these activities like film nights in fridays and other stuff. Staff wasnt so much helpfull in the topic of getting to the port. Even big room was really nice. I just totally hated the shower - one button with no temperature setting, it was freezing like a*s, I just passed the shower.

We were booked in a six bed room with the other 4 people being a family. It was a bit weird and felt strange as if we were intruding on their family vacation.

I was not a fan of this place. The hostel felt very much like a get in get out kind of place. The staff was very abrupt and not very friendly. I may have high expectations but as a solo traveler it is nice when the staff recognizes it. Everything was very average.

The rooms were clean and the people staying in the hostel were pretty friendly. The place offers a free walking tour at certain times during the day. The only issue is they seem to run out of lockers fast and have no luggage room for everyone to store their belongings. If you are arriving early and need a place to store your luggage for the day maybe call or email ahead to see if you can reserve one.

We were allowed to check in early, which was such a relief to us on that day! The front desk staff were very kind.

I've been to Dublin two weeks ago and stayed in the same room in this hostel. It was so nice and clean. The staff was very helpfull. Something happened in the two weeks. This time the room was dirty, with used towels at the door and bedsheets just thrown over the beds. There was still waste in the bin and not enough toilet paper.

• 20th May 2015

I loved the location of hostel and the staff was really kind and helpful !

I stayed there for three nights and I had an adventurous experience. The bathroom is co-Ed so I see men in their boxers in the bathroom all the time. And I lived in a mixed dorm with 10beds. One man in our room has mental illness. He talk to himself dry 5am and started laughing out very loudly and scared everyone in the room. I wish the hostel was aware of these issues.

Good vibes but my shower did not work and there were not individual lights or outlets. Good central location. I liked how the mixed dorm of twenty had dividers between every 4 beds so there was more privacy.

The staff were excellent, super friendly and helpful. They booked some tours for us and gave good recommendations on what to see and do in the area. The location if great. Lots to see and do nearby. My only complaints were the breakfast (there wasn't much to it just toast and cereal) and the WiFi connection was rather spotty in our room. But it worked good in the common room

Good breakfast good staff.good location.everything was clean.the room was cold but you can ask heaters in reception

It definitely could have been better. Bit run down, common room very small for breakfast goers. You can find better and cheaper in better locations.

The only reason this is not all five stars is because the first time I stayed here the showers and toilets on all floors except for the toilets on the ground floor, did not work while I was there. Second time it was great!