Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Perfect accommodation for backpackers and young people that are looking for a clean ,safe and cheap bed . The staff is nice , young and very helpful . I stayed on the third floor and there were lockers in the room , so i could lock my stuff , the kitchen is small but it was clean.

• 20th Sep 2015
  • Finland

Not a very clean hostel. Bathrooms were grimy and the lights in the one on my floor didn't work, nor did the handdryer. Most memorable thing about the place though was when the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night and the staff on duty had no clue how to turn it off and had no urgency in doing so. Eventually someone who had worked in a different hostel before had to walk him through it but it seemed like the alarm was blaring in our ears for 30 min (@3am) before it was fixed.

This was the better of the 2 hostels we stayed at in Dublin. The location was great! A perfect spot to end our trip in Ireland. The only thing that was a bit cumbersome was the locker situation. While there was space under our beds within our rooms for lockers, the only lockers were in a locker room closer to the reception desk than our rooms. Seems to me like a bit of their way to make more money off of the guests. Still a great place to stay! breakfast was a bit sad, but overall, very good!

Hostel was difficult to find as there was limited signage outside. Hostel experience was less than stellar due to a boys football team running amok for the duration of my stay making excessive noise.

For a first time travelling alone, Kinlay's House wiped out all my apprehensions. Nice staff, very listening; good beds; and a free breakfast. One problem was the fire-alarm going on at 3am on the last night, but it gives you a tale to tell anyways :) The people I met there was really interesting, and i definitely enjoyed my stay at the Hostel. I can't wait to travel again, and perhaps coming back !

• 18th Sep 2015

staff was great. would for sure stay again. didn't like the shower set up much but seems standard for hostels. seemed very safe.

Community showers were clean but they were push button! Very annoying. Hostel liked to charge you for everything. You can't cook during breakfast (it's free, but only unhealthy things...breads and cereal. No meats/cheese/fruits). The rooms were nice. Communal area was very crowded and not big enough for hostel size. Fridges look like they're never cleaned out. I liked the green night lights in the rooms. Lockers aren't free, even if you arrive before your room is ready. Layout was maze like.

I like this hostel, but the problem is the bathroom: when you take a slower the water slipts for every toilets and it takes time to became dry again.

• 13th Sep 2015

Clean rooms, helpful staff, good location

• 13th Sep 2015

Solid hostel. Nothing really good or really bad. Staff were pleasant! Beds, comfy. Lacked a hostel feel. Not many people were interested in meeting others. Not really Kinlays fault though.

Easy to find, for a solo traveller, this lived up to expectations. :-) Showers were a good size, and bed was comfy enough for me. Only issue I had was that the plug sockets behind my bed did not work (which was reported to staff at desk).

The room was nice and the bed was very comfortable. The only minor problem was heating up the shower in the morning. With all due respect to the Hostel we did not ask them for help with this and the water did eventually heat up, but I know had I requested their assistance they would have helped.

• 10th Sep 2015

The kitchen is kinda disgusting. Nobody cleans their stuff, everything falls apart. Rooms are ok though.

Good location, front staff was really nice. I stayed in a single room that was very clean and very secure. Paid 80 for a single room expecting it to be nice and quiet but instead groups of drunk people were yelling in my hallway in the early am even though it's "quiet time."

Walking distance to Guiness Storehouse.

Things I liked: 1) The hostel was in a great location. It was easy to reach and close to most of what I wanted to see. 2) The staff was very friendly and helpful. Things I didn't like: 1) There where no in room lockers. If you wanted to lock your stuff up you had to rent a locker in another part of the building. 2) The pillows here where awful. They offered no support and are barely better than nothing. Minor complaint: The showers only run for 30 second intervals. It's annoying.

Great option for a visit in Dublin.

Overall atmosphere was good to meet new people as the lounge is huge! The breakfast was average with toast and jam and cereal. My bed was very uncomfortable as it had large indents from over use so I had to sleep in one particular part of the bed otherwise it was awful for my back. There also was a large group of guys in my dorm who were up partying and drinking in the room until the early hours of the night. It doesn't seem like the receptionist goes through the halls to prevent this.

There are comfortable beds and the location is perfect. However, there are no lockers in the room and they charge you two euro a day to use theirs. There are not enough outlets in the rooms and the outlets in the common room are not conveniently placed. The staff was not very helpful or friendly. It would also be nice to have computers for people to use.

I loved the hostel. You have alot of different rooms to choose from privet to 20 beds etc. The staff is incredibly nice and welcoming. I had the chance to play live acoustic music with my guitar for them. They advertised me and helped me alot. Recomnded.