Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

I loved this place! The staff was super friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. No air conditioning, so it could get pretty hot. Showers and bathrooms were really clean, and showers had hot water. Wifi worked great and the kitchen was always clean. Location is great, close enough to Temple Bar, while still being quiet area. Everything about the Kinlay house was great, I can't recommend it enough!

Nice guys at the reception, very kind. A wonderful potion (i could see crist chutlech cathedral frim the window of my bedroom): I don't have tried the breakfast, but in the night the atmosphere in the common room is very nice. I would return there :)

Helpful staff, stairway makes a huge noise, which is bad at nights, beds a little bit shaky. Great location, to recommend!

Nice hostel staff were slightly abrupt

The Kinlay Hostel was an excellent stay for me and my three friends. It was very clean and had a wonderful atmosphere. The rooms were spacious and set up nicely. Great location right near Temple Bar. The staff were very helpful and we were able to book a tour to the Cliffs of Moher right at this hostel! I highly recommend staying at this hostel in Dublin!

• 25th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Close to all public transport and easy to get around , clean rooms and helpful staff

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Excellent staff, nice atmosphere, not a place to choose if you want peace and silence more than anything. Definitely a hostel to stay again!

Always a good experience. But there is always room for improvements in service delivery.

• 21st Jun 2015

overall, it was the worst hostel I have stayed in.. it was my friend's first time at a hostel and she was so shocked by the facilities that she said she would never stay at a hostel again. when we arrived, my sheets were stained / dirty and clearly looked like someone had slept in it. the floors creaked, the bathrooms were filthy / extremely far away, pipes / dirt on the walls.. overall, we felt like we were in a prison cell. The next day I stayed at Four Courts Hostel and it was AMAZING.

• 21st Jun 2015

Totally unwilling to find any sort of bike space. Made a bunch of us keep our bikes on the street, from where mine was stolen overnight. They were pretty unconcerned by this fact and not that interested in helping me find another way to the ferry in the morning. Also really draconian about kitchen rules, wouldn't even let me use microwave or put rubbish in recycling before 7am.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

This place is all about location. It's within close walking distance to the heart of Dublin night life if you like pubs and Guinness. I'm 41 and well traveled. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm (real hostel experience). The bed was clean and comfortable. the room was a no frills 4 beds a window and an on suite bathroom. The shower was the only real negative. After about a min. of running the shower the drain backed up so I was standing in several inches of water. I would give this place about a 80%

• 20th Jun 2015

Brilliant hostel in excellent location. Good atmosphere and found it easy to talk to people in the common room. Water was hot in the showers and the toilets were spotless.

The wifi worked well and the staff was helpful. The biggest problem was I had 1 barely warm shower and the 2nd one was cold.

Staff were helpful and nice. They provided us with lots of info. The hostel was clean and amazing. We also met some new friends here. Everything was perfect and love it!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great atmosphere! I stayed on the top floor however, and I must say that the climb to that floor everyday was a drag. It's steep and there is no elevator. That's my only mild complaint. Stayed in a mixed bed dorm of 6 beds. I'm kind of a novice so I wasn't sure at first, but it turned out to be really cool. The people were awesome. There was always a good balance of guys and gals which added to my comfort level. Breakfast was so-so, but plentiful (bread, jam, cold cereal, "coffee")

Great location and very safe. Mediocre breakfast and rooms.

• 17th Jun 2015

It's not that centrally located, 20 mins walk to the main shopping street. Toilet facilities are a bit old, but acceptable. Have to pay for the lockers. Everything's on average.

The place is good. I could go anywhere in Dublin in short time. The facility is somewhat old and room is small but it has good price.

We were pleasantly surprised by how great our stay was. When our bus arrived early in the morning, we were ecstatic to be able to check into our room so early.

Wow!!! The Hostel has the most amazing feel. This feel is created by the friendliness and generosity of the staff. Yes it is very well appointed, and yes it is in a brilliant location but from the moment you arrive, it feels like "Home".

• 15th Jun 2015