Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel in general was fine. But as a solo traveller, the hostel wasn't the best to meet others. Not a very social environment. And the staff wasn't the nicest, but for the location, it was good.

I stay at Kinlay Hostel each time i need a place in Dublin. Great price, location, staff, very clean with very good beds .

Clean and cosy. Make sure you have cash if you are staying one night. €20 minimum of you want to pay by card. Public transport - in particular the buses - in Dublin run on exact coin change so make sure you carry plenty of loose coins. I asked for change at the hostel but they didn't have any. The closest off licence or small super market is a decent walk away.

It was okay. Bed was comfortable and the place was clean. Not having a lift was a downside and the internet was terrible. It barely worked! Also not having lockable storage under the bed was a huge thumbs down for me especially since my 15" laptop didn't fit in the safes at reception, that were an extra charge. The staff also weren't particularly helpful except the guy who checked me in, he was lovely. All in all it was just an average experience. I expected better since I have stayed in the Kin

• 3rd Nov 2014

Optimal position but overally it wasn't worth the money spent(22.50 Euro each per night) . The bathroom we had was so dirty and dusty. There were hair and mold everywhere. The room was freezing, no possibility to switch on the heaters. what's more, there was a terrible stink inside and the bed linen was quite stained as well. In the end,Not a pleasant stay

I wish that I didn't have to do this on such a public forum but here goes. Kinlay house would have been perfect if it wasn't for the actions of one staff member. I didn't get this man's name but he was on reception at 5 o' clock on Monday 3rd November 2014. He was unbelievably rude to my husband and I. I actually ended up in tears after an argument with him. It really spoiled my night in Dublin.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Kinlay is in a great location, free breakfast before 10 AM, nice Viking theme. I stayed in a 4 person room and it was really comfortable! My biggest issues were over the shower in the bathroom (which floods the rest of the bathroom if someone needs to shower) and that you need to pay 2 euro for a towel. I might seem stingy about paying the 2 euros, but it seemed a bit much for such a small towel. Staff was pretty unpleasant, didn't seem like they wanted to help guests, but overall it was nice!

• 1st Nov 2014

Staff was rude, lights in the bathroom didn't work for our entire stay even after we informed management, bathrooms weren't clean. the kitchen was spacious, there was a lot of room to cook and they had a stove so that's a plus. The beds were comfortable, but they charge for storing luggage, even if you arrive early or you're changing rooms like in our case. They charge 4 everything

Because of the very busy street in front of the hostel it was noisy the whole night. Furthermore, the mattress was lousy.

• 29th Oct 2014

was very pleasure stay in

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Poland

good spot. recommened it for sure!

• 26th Oct 2014

Our twin room was incredibly clean and quiet even though it was a bank holiday weekend. The location was amazingly convenient. Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Oct 2014

Its an ok hostel in great location. However while I can overlook shabby walls etc ( after all I wasn't there on a luxury break), my problem was lack of communication between staff. Check out time is 10am however there is an option to pay extra €5 for the later check out of 1pm which I quickly availed of. Yet in the morning I was disturbed by a guy who wanted to clean windows (?) then a cleaner who had no idea I paid for a late check out. Eventually I gave up and left at 11.30

Upon our arrival we felt instantly intimidated by the staff and use of music in the background which consisted of swearing. We felt instantly intimidated and the staff made us feel as if we weren't supposed to be there. The beds were ROCK solid and made me doubt if they were actual matrasses due to the rock like feeling. I am still suffering from a stiff shoulder 2 weeks later. I have never stayed in a hostel where green light is creating a light house feeling which kept me up all night.

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Wales

Despite the overall good score that I give to Kinlay house, there was always something bad that cancelled out our good experience. Our room was SO hot that we all woke up sweating every night and everyone got sick (24-person room), not to mention something was stolen out of my "secure" locker and when I told the staff, they basically said that I was making it up. Worst customer service I've ever had. These "secure" lockers have gaping holes in them, so be careful. I'd give them a 5/10.

I will come back soon! :)

- no socket in the bathroom

• 18th Oct 2014

I'll maybe come back if I need to stay at Dublin, a very good place.

• 17th Oct 2014

I allways stay in Kinlay House as it has just what i need in Dublin city center at great price. Staff now know me and are wonderful, Regards, James in Limerick.

I was only in Ireland for a weekend but Kinlay House made my experience that much better! Your staff is amazing and your location is perfect. I hope to return soon and when I do, I shall stay at this hostel again. Thank you for everything!

• 16th Oct 2014