Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Good for an older crowd

Great location, short walking distance to Temple Bar and a cafe that sells the nicest milkshakes just across the road!

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Northern Ireland

The staff was friendly and willing to help out. They let me use their phone for aj emergency call that was international. The room was a bit hot but overall it was an alright stay if you can handle rooming with 5 other people in one small room. Id recommend it.

Clean Rooms , friendly atmosphere , smiling and helpful staff . The best of the best is Tito the Turtle that is a very happy turtle. The stay was great and we will come back soon .

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Value for money. It is what it is, clean safe and warm

• 27th Aug 2015

Stayed there only one night, but really nice staff members, and comfortable beds !

• 24th Aug 2015

Hostel was great and the location was fantastic, close to the nightlife of the Temple Bar area.There were no lamps so if someone is asleep that is inconvenient. Otherwise, the staff was helpful with trip planning and general information about the city. Have them point out the bar crawl around the corner which was fun. Security was good, we were two girls traveling alone but we felt perfectly safe. Everything was clean. Breakfast was simple with cereal and toast. Definitely well worth the price.

• 23rd Aug 2015

My room always smelled like dirty feet no matter what time or how many people were in there

We were 3 friends staying over. One of us had a really crappy bed, it was a bit broken. We did enjoy our stay at the hostel. It was a nice, cosy and clean hostel. The breakfast was okay! Everything you needed, was in the kitchen. The staff was really helpfull too! We asked them several things at different times and we got a great anwer every time! Thanks for the great stay!

The first thing I smelled, were socks. The bathroom was actually a shower with a toilette in it. My Double room was a small room with a slightly larger single bed below and a single bed above. You should be honest enough and post pictures of the actual rooms on the Internet, so people at least know what to expect. The walls also seemed to be out of paper, cause I could hear everything. Everything! The noise inside and outside. The location and nice staff can't make up for this 'hostel'.

• 21st Aug 2015

Fun place to stay at an excellent location, kitchen and breakfast room overcrowded. Never mind the breakfast anyway ;) But still, I can recommend the place.

No point paying extra for ensuitr as it was so disgusting we used the communal showers anyway

Hostel was convenient, well-located, inexpensive, and gave lots of options. Security and comfort are taken seriously here. The bathrooms could have been cleaner - three stalls, one with a broken lock, one with no toilet paper, and one with a broken flusher, and no paper towel at all.

• 19th Aug 2015

The only good thing about this hostel is the price and location. My boyfriend and I were in a 4-bed dorm ensuite, the room wasn't great and the bathroom was disgusting with lots of mold. I didn't see the other rooms, but I would imagine they are in the same state. The location was excellent though so if you just need a quick stay and are used to mediocre hostel conditions then it will do.

Enjoyed my stay, but got a neck ache from walking to my bunk on the top floor, and found the building to be above average in the run-down category. I moved to another hostel on my next visit.

Everything was pretty good except the showers needed a little bit more attention.

• 17th Aug 2015

Please make sure the air conditioning works in the rooms, it was terribly hot at times...

• Switzerland

The floors in the shower made me concerned that I would fall through at any moment. Also took a while to get hot water. There was a bright green light on the ceiling of our room that made it virtually impossible to sleep. (That's not including the old naked man and insesent coughing of the other guy...myself and my friend can usually handle our stuff but neither of us got more than an hour of sleep.) also the cliff tour was good but no one told us we had the option of staying in Galway.

• 16th Aug 2015

Good Hostel Nice location , right in the city center , helpful and friendly staff .Free breakfast , free internet , free maps and the free walking tour was AMAZING .Rooms are clean and the beds are good .The vikings from the walls are funny and make you smile and happy . The kitchen is small but clean , the bathrooms are clean and big . I will come back because is a friendly hostel with lovely people that want to make you feel like home . Thank you for all for the kindness and help

• 16th Aug 2015

The wifi worked very poorly in my room