Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Brilliant hostel in excellent location. Good atmosphere and found it easy to talk to people in the common room. Water was hot in the showers and the toilets were spotless.

The wifi worked well and the staff was helpful. The biggest problem was I had 1 barely warm shower and the 2nd one was cold.

Staff were helpful and nice. They provided us with lots of info. The hostel was clean and amazing. We also met some new friends here. Everything was perfect and love it!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Great atmosphere! I stayed on the top floor however, and I must say that the climb to that floor everyday was a drag. It's steep and there is no elevator. That's my only mild complaint. Stayed in a mixed bed dorm of 6 beds. I'm kind of a novice so I wasn't sure at first, but it turned out to be really cool. The people were awesome. There was always a good balance of guys and gals which added to my comfort level. Breakfast was so-so, but plentiful (bread, jam, cold cereal, "coffee")

Great location and very safe. Mediocre breakfast and rooms.

• 17th Jun 2015

It's not that centrally located, 20 mins walk to the main shopping street. Toilet facilities are a bit old, but acceptable. Have to pay for the lockers. Everything's on average.

The place is good. I could go anywhere in Dublin in short time. The facility is somewhat old and room is small but it has good price.

We were pleasantly surprised by how great our stay was. When our bus arrived early in the morning, we were ecstatic to be able to check into our room so early.

Wow!!! The Hostel has the most amazing feel. This feel is created by the friendliness and generosity of the staff. Yes it is very well appointed, and yes it is in a brilliant location but from the moment you arrive, it feels like "Home".

• 15th Jun 2015

This was a very pleasant hostel, located right next to Christ Church and in walking distance of Trinity College, a cool theatre, the Guiness Storehouse, and Temple Bar.

• 14th Jun 2015

Brilliant friendly will defo stay again

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Ideal for a weekend with pals.cheap and cheerful.no complaints.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Saved my bacon!

Helpful reception and great pub right behind it. 8 thumbs up!

It was very loud there seemed to be little regard for people who were staying there for sleep. We were on the third floor and there was a female who sounded intoxicated, I believe she was being addressed by staff but she was loud and it was a lengthy conversation. Not an argument just loud. Also people in the common room were very loud as well again during what I would deem as quiet hours between 1am and 5am.

• 10th Jun 2015

This has the potential to be a really good hostel but there are a lot of things that need fixing. Firstly the door card stops working all the time. Secondly the common room and kitchen was closed after 11pm or 12pm until like 7am for cleaning every day, which was really odd I thought. Finally the staff are in adequately trained. I booked a tour through the hostel and it didnt get booked, I ask the staff member why and he said that he didn't know he had to. So I missed out on going on my day trip

The hostel was good, staff were friendly and helpful. I stayed in a six bed dorm with a friend. We only had 2 other roommates but one was incredibly rude and unwelcoming. Ruined out stay a little. Apart from that, the stay was great. Fab location.

I love Kinlay House - regularly stay there when I visit Dublin. The location is great and the staff are really helpful and friendly. Beds are always clean and there is a positive and relaxed atmosphere.

• 8th Jun 2015

Main downside was that the room smelled like smoke (smoking wasn't allowed inside), but the big kitchen and common room and great location made up for that.

• 8th Jun 2015

Good place to stay in Dublin. Staff were really friendly and helpfull.