Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel was in a great location and a great price. It seems like a lot of people staying there were students or there long term so it was less social than I would have liked, but overall very great! The bathrooms/showers and rooms were very clean and sanitary and the staff was very helpful. They have luggage lockers for only 2euro a day which was a great help!

Quite run down. Had hardly any power sockets and they were no where near my bed. Was cold in the rooms and colder in the bathrooms. Plenty of showers though.

The communal showers were extremely hot, and the toilets dirty. When I told the staff about this they angrily responded that this was normal and that the water would cool down during the day. Great location, not expensive, but dont expect friendly staff or clean bathrooms.

• 20th Nov 2014

It was great! My only complaint is that the advertised free walking tour was not, in fact free (the tour guide asked us for about 5 euros at the end of the tour). But the hostel itself was wonderful and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 14th Nov 2014

This hostel was a fine place to stay, though the people in my room were quite obnoxious. Also, the lobby area wasn't super conducive to meeting people, and it was too small to enjoy eating breakfast in or hanging out in. The location of the hostel, however, is wonderful!

Good location and stay. The bathrooms were kind of dirty.

Excellent location - pity bout the WI-Fi :(

The hostel in general was fine. But as a solo traveller, the hostel wasn't the best to meet others. Not a very social environment. And the staff wasn't the nicest, but for the location, it was good.

I stay at Kinlay Hostel each time i need a place in Dublin. Great price, location, staff, very clean with very good beds .

Clean and cosy. Make sure you have cash if you are staying one night. €20 minimum of you want to pay by card. Public transport - in particular the buses - in Dublin run on exact coin change so make sure you carry plenty of loose coins. I asked for change at the hostel but they didn't have any. The closest off licence or small super market is a decent walk away.

It was okay. Bed was comfortable and the place was clean. Not having a lift was a downside and the internet was terrible. It barely worked! Also not having lockable storage under the bed was a huge thumbs down for me especially since my 15" laptop didn't fit in the safes at reception, that were an extra charge. The staff also weren't particularly helpful except the guy who checked me in, he was lovely. All in all it was just an average experience. I expected better since I have stayed in the Kin

• 3rd Nov 2014

Optimal position but overally it wasn't worth the money spent(22.50 Euro each per night) . The bathroom we had was so dirty and dusty. There were hair and mold everywhere. The room was freezing, no possibility to switch on the heaters. what's more, there was a terrible stink inside and the bed linen was quite stained as well. In the end,Not a pleasant stay

I wish that I didn't have to do this on such a public forum but here goes. Kinlay house would have been perfect if it wasn't for the actions of one staff member. I didn't get this man's name but he was on reception at 5 o' clock on Monday 3rd November 2014. He was unbelievably rude to my husband and I. I actually ended up in tears after an argument with him. It really spoiled my night in Dublin.

• 3rd Nov 2014

Kinlay is in a great location, free breakfast before 10 AM, nice Viking theme. I stayed in a 4 person room and it was really comfortable! My biggest issues were over the shower in the bathroom (which floods the rest of the bathroom if someone needs to shower) and that you need to pay 2 euro for a towel. I might seem stingy about paying the 2 euros, but it seemed a bit much for such a small towel. Staff was pretty unpleasant, didn't seem like they wanted to help guests, but overall it was nice!

• 1st Nov 2014

Staff was rude, lights in the bathroom didn't work for our entire stay even after we informed management, bathrooms weren't clean. the kitchen was spacious, there was a lot of room to cook and they had a stove so that's a plus. The beds were comfortable, but they charge for storing luggage, even if you arrive early or you're changing rooms like in our case. They charge 4 everything

Because of the very busy street in front of the hostel it was noisy the whole night. Furthermore, the mattress was lousy.

• 29th Oct 2014