Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Great location - everything very close. I found the staff to be helpful and answered all questions. Very clean rooms and the ensuite bathroom looked very clean. There aren't really any lockers for your stuff, but I didn't feel like my stuff wasn't safe. Would definitely recommend.

Loved my stay! Just like always. Will definitely see you again!

A bit disappointed because I booked for 3 people but we couldnt get beds next to each other! Otherwise, our stay was good.

• 24th Apr 2014

The experience was very bad. After the first day trying to be the minimum possible time in the hostel. Cleaning is not enough in public areas and products are not suitable for many people. The only thing bad of a beautiful city.

I thought that the 24-bed dorm room "Kinlay House room" was freezing, The heating was obviously not on. It seemed like the heating was on in all the other rooms.

It would be assuring if valuables could be stored in secure in room lockers and maybe the staff could show a more natural friendly attitude.

I wasn't very happy with this place. They shut down the kitchen at 11:30? The lockers are not in your room, but outside in an open room. They look like cages where you put your dog. It feels like anyone can walk in and cut off the locks. Security for that area was just unsafe for me. They also shut down the lounge room at 11:30pm which is ridiculous for a youth hostel. Overall not a great place for me.

Decent place to stay. Well located and quite quiet when you're trying to get your head down. I stayed in the big 24 bed dorm, only problem was the lack of power outlets (only a handful in comparison to the number of beds). Being a big hostel in a big city it lacks atmosphere. It's clean, the bathrooms were never busy or dirty and there was always hot water. Beds and bedding was immaculately clean and comfortable. Some staff had attitude, ain't no body got time for that!

The service is not worth the money! The staff was not irish and couldn't give us the information we needed and you pay extra for Everything, even to leave your bag for an hour! Seriously, there ir cheaper and better in Dublin.

We stayed in a twin room with shared bathroom. If we go to Dublin again we´ll definetly go there. The room was good, and the kitchen has a lot of stuffs to use. Bathrooms were ok also. The best of the hostel is the location and the option to check out late (we used it). The not so good thing is the breakfast. It´s a little bit poor and they must buy new toasters, because the ones in the hostel are not working properly.

• 17th Apr 2014

It was our second time at Kinlay House and we would always come again. Nice, clean and top located in the city centre of Dublin.

Everything was greats, thanks!

Good location but it is a pretty basic hostel. There is not much atmosphere as it is a very big hostel with not much room for socialising

Rally good hostel, but the internet sucks. Gerat activities and recommendations. The breakfast is ok. They charge you for everything else. But you get a good advices and es en a good lo catión un dublin. Recommended! Take a free walking tour.

I stayed here for 1 night in order to attend a Conference in Dublin Castle the following day! The Hostel is directly facing the Castle. I booked a Single Room for E25.......great value indeed! All Rooms face a busy and noisy main street.....! I Always wear EARPLUGS when I'm staying in Hotels or Hostels around the World! I put the earplugs into my ear at 11pm and slept sound until 8am!! I didn't hear any of the Street noise or noises coming from the other hostel rooms! I will stay here again!

• 7th Apr 2014

Good if you're here to go out. Really noisy nights because of the people/ the street circulation. Poor phonic/ thermic isolation.

• 6th Apr 2014

We had a 10-beds room, which was OK. But there was only two sockets that didn't work! And there is no bed light, which is always useful to read late or orientate yourself without disturbing the others (especially when you arrive late). The showers were functionnal but could have been better, it was difficult to keep the cloths dry!

Really good place to stay! Everything was perfect except one thing : the wifi. It wasn't working on 80% of the time.

AFTER THREE NIGHTS AT KINLAY HOSTEL WE CAN SAY THAT: - OUR ROOM WAS REALLY TINY, THERE WAS NO SPACE FOR ANYTHING BUT THE BANK BED. - THE TEMPERATURE INSIDE THE ROOM WAS UNACCEPTABLY HOT AND IT WAS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP. - THE WIFI CONNECTION WAS VERY SLOW, WE COULDN'T SURF THE WEB AT ALL. - LOCATION IS VERY GOOD, CLOSE TO TEMPLE BAR. - STAFF IS KIND AND RECEPTION 24h OPEN. - BREAKFAST INCLUDED NOT BAD AT ALL. - BUS FROM THE AIRPORT STOPS IN FRONT OF THE HOSTEL. - BATHROOMS OK.

It was better than I expected. Great location. I don't know about the dorms but I can't complain about the private rooms. Breakfast was basic but coffee and toast are enough for me in the morning.

• 1st Apr 2014