Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

2-12 Lord Edward Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

The location was excellent for the Temple Bar area. There were many sights and bars in the area within short walking distance. The hostel also had a very fun atmosphere and clean facilities. My only complaint was the buttons in the showers. You constantly had to push them to keep the water running.

We only had cold water for a shower, so we used the public bathroom. But the Room was very cold and not clean every time. The facilities are old.

• 15th Mar 2015

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

Lovely staff, always ready to help. The facilities were fine although the toilets were quite cold. The breakfast was included on the prize and we couldn't complaint at all. Everything was ready to have. We wouldn't mind to come back again.

The hostel was great, especially on the busy St. Patrick's Day weekend. The rooms were just what we needed and everything was pretty clean. The only downside was that there was no hot water in the showers. There was semi-warm water in the morning, but by night, it was freezing. I understand the hostel was packed, but the water situation needs to be fixed. It was miserably cold, but who's going to not shower for four days?

The bathroom of my floor had cold water. There was no bathroom in my corridor so I had to run to the other side of the building. Good breakfast, staff and beds.

Really friendly staff at the front desk with great recommendations. Common area was perfect for hanging out and meeting other hostel guests.

I dont know every hostel in Dublin but I can surely say that this is the best hostel over there. The location is excelent, its close to everything and the bedrooms and bathrooms were good. They also have many flyers about tours to cliffs of moher and city walks. The breakfast was excellent. I've got nothing to complain and I would definetely recommend this hostel!

Nice hostel , the location is excellente , the viking team is a smart ideea .Lovely staff and helpful .The atmoshere is friendly .

No reading lights by the bed. Other than that, it was a good hostel.

We stayed in a 16 bed dorm in Kinlay house. While it was definitely a lot of people in the same room, the hostel had a lot of space in bathrooms and private changing areas so that you could get ready without disturbing others. There was also a convenient area to lock up our luggage outside of the room. The staff was very friendly, and the free breakfast was a great benefit. Would come again!

Very clean hostel and a very pleasant stay. The rooms could use some jazzing up though. Maybe a small locker for each person? And a shelf and plug point per bed would be great!

• 5th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Good: The toilet are clean. And there is locker provided in the room I stay (you need to pay €2/day for renting) It provides breakfast. Normal price. I stay at a 20 beds mix dorm, the environment is not bad, because it separate every 4 bed. Bad: Water for shower is not hot enough, and it takes ages to become hot. For the upper bed, it seems it is not strong enough to hold you, as part of the steel there is broken.

• 4th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

One of the finest hostels I've encountered in 30+ years of holiday travels in Europe. -Tivey.

• 2nd Mar 2015

really enjoyed the stay and very helpfull and friendly staff! great new dorms!

• 27th Feb 2015

Basically everything was fantastic! Located right in Temple Bar, great staff, free wifi and breakfast. Only thing to mention: we paid a little too much for my taste, but that could be because we booked only some days in advance.

• 27th Feb 2015

I stayed at this hostel for four nights with two of my friends 20-21 years old. To say that we were uncomfortable throughout our entire stay is an understatement. The staff were unfriendly and consequently very unhelpful as well. The facilities were extremely unclean in addition to not working efficiently. The toilets leaked, did not flush and were clogged consistently. Additionally, the shower often had no hot water and you had to turn on every 20 seconds. No lockers in room or in building

• 26th Feb 2015

The bedrooms were very dark - it would be nice to have a bit more sunlight!

Nice Hostel, Very nice staff

Big hostel, so kind of impersonal. Strict rules too, but for the price compared to other smaller hostels you can't really complain. If you are just looking to rest your head for a night it is more than adequate. No under bed secure storage, but they do provide coco pops for breakfast.....massive bonus!

• 23rd Feb 2015