Kipps Brighton Reviews

76 Grande Parade, Brighton, England

Very nice hostel in a good location.

Very clean hostel. I was a bit disappointed in the atmosphere. There were 2 main communal areas but even at 8 pm on a night when the hostel was apparently fully booked, there was nobody around. I know it's not everyone's thing but I think running pub crawl or more activities would help the atmosphere.

If you aren't looking for a party hostel, this place is perfect. Centrally located, quiet neighborhood. Would definitely stay again.

One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in with really friendly staff and a good location. Really quiet so would not recommend if you're looking to socialise.

My airline has delayed my luggage and the staff lent me the charging cable for my phone and offered me free dinner. Shower is clean. Amazing stay.

I have been to Kipps several times jn the last year. It is always clean. You are always receive a warm welcome. The presentation laid out on your bed, of a map, clean towel, and vanilla cream feels like you have entered a 5 star hotel.

• 9th Jul 2015

A brilliant location with plenty to do and see in Brighton. Staff were lovely and very helpful, rooms were nice and comfy

Hostel is in a great location, staff are nice and friendly and put on a free "event" each night for the guests. Rooms were clean and tidy, linen and towels were supplied. Was definitely not a party hostel but nice if you want to relax.

I loved this hostel! I was in a 10 bed mixed dorm and it had everything I needed. The staff were really friendly and helpful and made you feel at home. There was an event every night (which meant free food!), and you were able to use their kitchen after 2pm. The location is perfect, right across the street from the pavilion and close to both the laines and the pier. I met so many wonderful people because of this hostel and I would definitely come back to Brighton just so I could stay here again.

This hostel is so nice and gave me very great first impression of Britain. Rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. Providing towels is something that out of my expectation. It's great! The staff are helpful. Good to have a nice conversation with Daniel there ;) Hope you all the best.

Hi Thank you for your nice comments and rating. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us Regards Dan ! and Kipps

KIPPS is the best hostel I have ever gone in England. Staffs are very kind and helpful. Beds are clean and comfortable. It is positioned on middle of station and beach. So I could go to both of them in ten minute. I got really good memories in Brighton and Hastings with this Hostel

Hi We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Kipps and enjoyed our comfortable beds :) Regards Kipps

Very warm staff, ideal location though very Noisy street. Kipps knows how to welcome a backpacker, besides the facilities are quite handy and the place is pretty. I'd recommend the youth hostel to anyone who wishes to enjoy Brighton !

Hi Thank you for your nice words and rating We are glad you enjoyed the facilities and the pretty hostel Regards Kipps

Lovely lady at reception, wish I could say the same for everyone else. Staff arnt rude but not inviting and too many rules ruin the place- no maps or info on arrival and reception feels like it's in a restaurant. Closing the hostel between 11-2pm is ridiculous and made me feel awkward with nowhere to go. I only wake up at 11 and was told to leave my room for it to be cleaned. Spacious room, good location, quiet hostel- not for me but might be for some

Hi Thank you for your comments, Can we just point out that the hostel does not close between 11am-2pm, but just the dormitory rooms, this is so we can clean them. Try cleaning a dormitory room for in house guests/ new guests when people are in bed/ having a shower and getting ready. I note that you gave 5* for cleaning - maybe this is why ?! because we can clean the room properly. The Lounge/ Games Room are open for you to relax in...... Kipps

Felt very safe and comfortable. Staff the most helpful and friendliest i have ever met in hostels.10/10

Hi We are happy to hear your felt secure and comfortable at Kipps Thank you for your comments/ratings. Regards

The guy who welcomed us (I think it was Giovanni) was VERY nice and helpful! The place was cute and clean and right in the center of the city. Very convenient and very good pricing. Breakfast is also good and the lounge area has a nice vibe. I am so glad we stayed here!

• 7th Jun 2015

Hi Thank you for your nice comments and rating. We glad you enjoyed the friendly staff/ breakfast and atmosphere of the lounge. Regards

Staff was so friendly and helpful. Location was ideal. A lot of extra spaces for games or tv or socializing. By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

• 21st May 2015

Hi Thank you for your nice comments, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us Enjoy your travels Kipps

The smallest complaint, my bed was a bit squeaky when I moved. It felt like I was disturbing the person below me.

• 16th May 2015

Hi Thank you for rating, Our Maintenance guys does carry out regular checks on all bunks weekly, due to the high usage, so apologises if this was not carried out, Regards Kipps

Really good location, friendly welcome and tour from Humphrey and clean room with decent shower facilities. All you need for a stay for the great escape festival and a great base for exploring the city. Breakfast is good value for £2.50, nice touch that towels and complimentary toffees were provided. I would stay again!

Hi Thank you for your rating and comments, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us Regards Kipps

Excellent hostel, good price, good facilities, awesome atmosphere, awesome staff, highly recommend!

Hi Nice comments, Nice Ratings :) Thanks. The staff will be happy to read Enjoy your travels

Can't use kitchen before 2pm. Found it strange that a staff member was sleeping in the dorm room. But overall clean, safe and in good location.

Hi Thank you for your comments Unfortunately due to the breakfast service, we cant open the kitchen. But we do offer a very cheap breakfast with many options, for only £2.50. This is a full continental breakfast spread. You couldnt even buy a coffee in a coffee house for this price. Regarding the staff member, he was moving from flat to flat, with a few days in between. but as a guest I would be happy if a staff member was staying in my dormitory, as it would be added security ?