Kipps Brighton

8.1
Fabulous 709 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 31-40
5th Aug 2017

The location is perfect, I had single room was small but cosy, floors creaky, toilet floor felt like it was going to give way, no water pressure in taps , I was on top floor up 4 flights stairs which was tight squeeze, struggle to turn around with a back pack on . No elevator. The location was good but I probably wouldn't stay again.

Thanks for your feedback, glad you liked the location where we are, sorry that you found the place a little small, however room sizes in England much smaller than Aus. hope to see you again soon

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Jun 2017

Clean, comfortable and an amazing location

Many thanks for your kind feedback it was a pleasure having you staying with us, hope to see you again soon.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
23rd Apr 2017

Our one-night stay at Kipps Brighton was really nice! After arriving and asking, we got recommendations from the staff where we could go for dinner and the recommended restaurant was great! We could walk everywhere we wanted to go - it's near the sea, the lanes, the pavilion. What wasn't that good: The curtains in our room were very thin so it was very light in the morning. Furthermore, the windows were thin as well and as our room was located to the street it was a little bit loud.

Many thanks for your kind feed back, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon, sorry that the room was a bit noisy, but we are in central Brighton and we cant help it as the character of the building is Victorian and difficult to change windows

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Apr 2017
5.1

I wouldn't reccomend staying here as a young solo female. I slept in the 10 bed dorm and it was small, cramped and smelled really bad. There was people living there seemingly permanently which gave the place an uncomfortable atmosphere. The bathrooms were pretty clean as was the rest of the hostel, but the room was very unpleasant. On top of this some of the staff weren't very nice, especially the guy with long hair and a nose peircing, he was very very rude, and not just to me either.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, majority of our guest do. We take cleanness seriously, however as you mentioned we had some long term stayers who now have left who did not leave the dormitory in the best condition as it should, eventually we had to ask them to leave and now the place is very clean and back to normal, hope that you visit us again to check it out yourself. As in regards to the member of staff, I will have a word with him as he should not behave in such manner with the guests, I can assure you that he will never behave this way again.

12th Mar 2017
2.3

Bad atmosphere from young woman on reception. Owner was very haughty. Kitchen not accessible 24hrs. Didn't like anything about this place.

Thanks for your feedback I can get my head around all points you mentioned maybe it is not up to your standard, however 4 points only for Location is the one that I cant really understand, could you please write to us and let us know why our location, which is right opposite the pavilion, 2 minutes walk to the center of Brighton and bars and restaurants and 5 minutes walk to the pier is such a bad location?????? Also in regards to the kitchen it is unhygienic to have guests in the kitchen while we are serving breakfast, hence the rules.

5th Mar 2017

Really great hostel, clean bathrooms, comfy beds, nice staff and a great common area (they got rockstar how awesome is that) Pier is only a 10 min walk away so perfect location Only bad thing is that you have to leave your room for cleaning every day Otherwise great value for money. Will definitely come here again when I go back to Brighton