Kipps Brighton Reviews

76 Grande Parade, Brighton, England

Very nice and warm hostel with pleasant staff. I would definitely recommend it!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Croatia

It is great that they changed the beds everyday and provided towels. the dorms were spacious and there were loads of plug sockets which was handy. Very clean, great location and social environment. Only bad points were the lockers in our room weren't very secure, and I would like it if breakfast was included in the price because it is pretty basic.

Nice place to stay however, the towels on out final night ended up giving us full body contact dermatitis. I rang the manager and they said it was likely that they used too much washing powder that rotation and would be more careful in the future.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Great value, location, staff were chatty and keen to suggest places to go and visit. Nice added extras like cushions on the bed, sweets, plenty of plugs, a bedside lamp. One of the nicest hostels I've been too. Kitchen also great

Kipps hostel is an amazing hostel! their facilities are great and really clean. There is really nothing that i can knock about the joint except for the fact they only gave us one key for a twin room so one of us slept outside the room on the floor because he came back later without a key and i was well asleep with the key inside. other than that this place is top notch! thanks for having us.

Hostel? More like hotel! Absolutely mint.

Its a very weel served hostel. With a lovely sun deck to relax and have breakfast. Good internet and TV facilities. They let me keep my luggage in the storage as I was finding another place to live. I just wished they added breakfast to the rent. Really sweet staff.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • India

This place was great. Most friendly hostel I have stayed in. Rooms are clean and they actually do your bed everyday, which is impressive for a hostel. Food is very reasonably priced. Great location, nice staff. What else could you ask for.

Super nice

• 16th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I was impressed that a hostel had TV in the room (we had a private room) AND an iPod dock - you must be very trusting to leave one of those in there! We liked the little 'events' held every night - consisting of home-made food :) Right in the centre of Brighton I think we could even see the pier from the front door. Kipps had the relaxed/casual feel of a hostel but with the cleanliness and touches of a basic hotel. I would stay again.

• 6th Jul 2014

The staff is very nice. The hostel is quiet, clean and very good located.

This place is so chill, a great place to hang out and the staff are really cool. Breakfast should be included in the price-bit expensive for what it was (mind you england is expensive in general). Still so good, 9.5/10 would reccommend

• 24th Jun 2014

Staff were very friendly and the rooms were extremely well equipped. We were very impressed and would be happy to stay there again

The absolute best value for those traveling with a budget, the evening treats really added to uniqueness of Kipps I would recommend this to any one that is healthy enough to climb 2 or 3 flights of stairs with there luggage and if they can`t the friendly staff is more than willing to help you out. I will definitely return Luv you Kipps

• 16th Jun 2014

I came to Brighton for the weekend of my birthday and I specifically stayed at KIpps (and even paid more than other hostels) because it had such great reviews. I was very disappointed with it. Yes, great location, but the staff wasn't overly friendly, there was no atmosphere, and the rooms were extremely overcrowded.

Great location, kitchen access during lunch and evening dinner time, and quality breakfast compared to other hostels. Excellent value for the money...

Friendly and helpful staff. Quiet, clean and welcoming. Our private room was better equipped than some hotels we have stayed in. Good location, easy walking distance stations, pier, and shopping. Thanks Kipps!

Beyond excellent room and service. Fantastic free snack every evening at around 7 pm. Bruschetta and tuna salad the two nights we stayed. Great breakfast. View of the Royal Pavillion across the street. Right by the gay village and a ton of food and shopping, not to mention the Pier is about 5 to 10 minutes walk away. I can't recommend this place enough. Worth every penny and I would definitely stay again.

Prime location near everything in Brighton. Staff very friendly and nightly free meals, activities, etc was nice. Room was kinda noisy with people coming in and out late at night and street noise, but decent bed and towels and access to small locker included. Biggest problem was the shower, which could be accurately described as a trickle of hot water. Probably the worst shower I've ever used hostel or otherwise. But if you have to stay in a hostel in Brighton this is probably the best one.

My daughter and I like this place very much. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Room at 2/F is aliittle bit too low for tall people.