Kipps Brighton Reviews

76 Grande Parade, Brighton, England

Great value for money, very helpful staff, very good location just opposite to the Pavillion. All the basic utilities were provided, even with breakfast! Have been staying in overpriced hostels in UK for too many times and this is the one which genuinely serves the needs of budget travelers. Hope its is able to maintain its provision of value for money. Also, a pleasant surprise that all other travelers are quiet, which made up a relaxing atmosphere.

• 24th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

Thanks for the great comments and we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Brighton. We hope to see you again in Future :)

Kipps was such a great place. Very cute and cozy, and easy walking distance to everything. Staff very friendly. The breakfast was a great price. It is like a little bed and breakfast. Definitely a must stay when in Brighton!

Thank you for your lovely comments and for taking the time to rate us. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!

Charged me more than said but refunded, private room had NO hot water. Couldn't have a hot shower. Got a cold.

• 6th Jan 2016

Apologies if you were overcharged to begin with, prices vary online to what they do in house and the second booking you made for this room was made directly with us. With regards to there being no hot water, KIpps is an old building so it can take a few minutes for the hot water to run fully, so we are sorry if this inconvenienced you. We hope you are now over your cold. Kipps Staff

Really lovely hostel right next to the Pavilion and a tiny walk to the beach and pier. Also very close to the Lanes and so much shopping and so many cute cafes. The staff was friendly and always available. Washing was expensive and it's not a self-serve service which was weird but at least it was available. Got a free towel and freshly made bed every day! Had to be out of the rooms from 11-2 which was annoying but the rooms are so clean so I guess it's ok. Met cool people here :)

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to review the hostel. The laundry service is just a small extra service we offer for backpackers travelling. Unfortunately we cannot make this a self service option as we only have a small laundry room and if a guest was to damage/break the machines the guest would then be liable. The cost of doing your laundry in one of the local laundrettes would cost a minimum of £10, so we are offering an easier/cheaper service for travellers. You said how impressed you were by having a freshly made bed each day and rated our cleanliness high, which we wouldn't be able to do unless we closed the dorms for a couple of hours. We like to ensure new guests and current guest enter a clean welcoming room each day.This information is given in the booking information online. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and got to meet new people! Kipps Staff

The female staff member with short blonde hair was rude on several occasions. We had to leave our room at 11am everyday for 3 hours - does it really take that long to clean? You can only use the kitchen at specific times. Had to ask to use the milk for my tea every time. This hostel made me feel like I was at a boarding school.

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to rate us. We disagree with you saying particular staff members were rude to you on several occasions. You would only have to look at other reviews to see we are rated highly on staff and always provide a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Although you were given a tour of the hostel and were told of the hostel rules, staff had to come and chase after you to tidy mess left behind. Check out time is 11am and check in time is 2pm which gives a small team just 3 hours to clean whole hostel. You rated us highly on cleanliness, which wouldn't be possible if we didn't close the dormitories for a few hours as Kipps likes to provide a clean and welcoming room to new and existing guests each day. The kitchen is only open for use during certain hours as this is guidelines we follow from the council, and is a facility we offer as an extra. Tea and coffee is again an extra touch we like to offer new guests just until they have gone to the shops to buy their own groceries, just like the free food events we provide each evening. These are all things Kipps do to allow gets the feel welcome and at home when they first arrive. Thank you Kipps Staff

We booked a private double room and there was a shower and sink; we didn't know so that was a good surprise. The room was well decorated. Staff was very nice and helpful. Everything is done for you to enjoy your stay. Breakfast was good. The hostel faces the Royal Pavillon, everything is closeby. No bus needed even to come from the station. Really pleasant stay, we would recommend this hostel. The only negative point is that it was a bit cold but they are in the process of changing the windows.

Great central location, Staff very helpful, room fine - be warned breakfast is very basic, no butter, filter coffee or boiled eggs!

Hi Thank you for your nice rating. Just wanted to clarify the basic breakfast comment !! - We feel for a backpackers hostel we offer a great selection for our continental breakast. 4 choice of cereals/ Yoghurts/ a Selection of Teas/ Coffee/ Crumpets/Scones/Buscuits and Pancakes./ Toast and a selection of spreads - all inclusive in the price of your room. We do offer filtered coffee/ and a selection of costa drinks like cappucinos for only £1.00. Regards Kipps

Amazing hostel! 10 minute walk from the train station. Stayed in a single room , shared bathroom - comfy bed, sink in room, towels, hair dryer, toiletries available, kettle with tea/ coffee all included. Plenty of storage space and extra bonus- tv! Wifi was great, staff were lovely & helpful - my breakfast was included - usual continental fare and plenty of it. Will definitely be coming back here next year.

Hi Thank you for your nice comments/ rating We look forward to welcoming you back :) Regards Kipps

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Free Towels & free breakfast. Evening social hour (Mini-donuts & Crackers and Cheese). Hair dryer in my single room. It was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. Kipps-Brighton also has soda and other cheap drinks and food (noodles, etc) for purchase at reception in case you forgot to get something to eat. I would definitely stay here again!

Hi Thank you for your lovely and detailed comments, and your ratings. See you again soon Kipps

This is a NICE hostel, so clean, Staff very friendly, not too big, with really comfortable beds... If you want to feel at home when you are away don't hesitate to stay here! Great Job!!

• 6th Dec 2015

Hi Great Comments/ great Ratings/ Thanks so much Enjoy your travels Regards Kipps

This is a top hostel, so clean, so tidy, not too big, with really comfortable beds... If you want to feel at home when you are away don't hesitate to stay here! Good job Kipps!

Hi Thank you for your nice comments/ we are pleased you enjoy your stay at Kipps and we ill keep up the good work :) Enjoy your travels

Kipps' location is nicely placed, and clean and cosy (like a big home), so well suited for my one night stay this time round. The staff were helpful, and Kipps still charged me the dorm price following a 'mishap' whereby I was actually upgraded into a private room from my original dorm booking. As a Londoner, Kipps is a nice reflection of Brighton, and it was nice to hear seagulls when my window was open. Good stuff, and I'd be happy to return the next time round!

Hi Thank you for your comments glad you enjoyed the free upgrade to the private room, and nice to hear someone actually liked the sound of the seagulls :) Hopefully see you soon Kipps

Really fantastic hostel especially for that price!

Hi Thank you for the rating and comments, Kipps

I have never had a better experience than this. I have only stayed at 7 hostels so far but hands down KIPPS hostel in Brighton does it the best. They are friendly welcoming and show they care. They don't just give u a key an say good bye. They give a tour of the facility and explain events they have at night it's awesome. I will always use KIPPS hostel if ever in Brighton from here on out.

Hi Thank you for such a great comment, and rating. Glad you enjoyed the warm welcome/ the events and the tour! See you back soon !! Kipps

Fantastic place! Very clean, very organised staff who were all pretty nice, and free food/drink each night depending on what they made that night was a really nice touch. Add to that that it was cheaper than a lot of worse hostels and you've got yourself a great stay.

• 9th Nov 2015

Hi Thanks for the great comment/ ratings. Glad you enjoyed the events and your stay Enjoy your travels Kipps

This is absolutely hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in, I wish I could have stayed longer!!! So clean, staff is friendly and helpful and it's located right by the Brighton pier. Perfect place to stay ☺️ will definitely be back any time I'm in Brighton !

Hey Thanks for your ratings.comments. Glad you enjoyed the friendly staff/the location and look forward to welcomng you back to brighton and to Kipps Regards

I felt very welcome and had a great night sleep. The staff was very helpful and friendly!

Hi Thank you for your comments/ ratings. Glad you enjoyed your stay Regards Kipps Staff

Great location, friendly staff and everything else you could possibly want from a hostel. The fact that breakfast was included and that we were able to leave our luggage locked up safe and sound whilst we wandered around was perfect. I'd happily return!

• 1st Nov 2015

Hi Thank you for your nice comments/ ratings. Look forward to your return!! Kipps

This is absolutely the loveliest place I've ever stayed in. Great location, really friendly and helpful staff. The decorations around are warm and lovely and make you feels at home :) The way they make your bed everyday was unexpected and I'm in love at instant. Activities they arranged everyday help improve the atmosphere and socializing people around, it makes me feel like they do care and put an effort. Definitely will come here again and recommend to all family and friends :)

Best hostel we have ever stayed at. Felt like being at home. The staff were extremely friendly & helped out in every possible way. The dorms are closed for a few hours each day, but we didn't mind as the cleanliness of the hostel was amazing. Washing was done overnight which was great. Each night they have a special event on, eg cake or French toast, which made it very social. Kipp's has done everything right. If I were ever to open a hostel it would be just like this. Couldn't recommend enough!