Kipps Brighton

8.4
Fabulous 687 Total Reviews

12th Mar 2017
2.3

Bad atmosphere from young woman on reception. Owner was very haughty. Kitchen not accessible 24hrs. Didn't like anything about this place.

5th Mar 2017

Really great hostel, clean bathrooms, comfy beds, nice staff and a great common area (they got rockstar how awesome is that) Pier is only a 10 min walk away so perfect location Only bad thing is that you have to leave your room for cleaning every day Otherwise great value for money. Will definitely come here again when I go back to Brighton

14th Feb 2017
6.3

A very average hostel. I wish they would put an age limit on the dorms, because it's hard to feel comfortable as a young solo female traveler when you're in a room filled with middle-aged men.

12th Feb 2017

Perfectly centered with great view! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Couple of things that could be improved : getting rid of the black mold in the bathrooms (I hear that's a bit dangerous) and opening the kitchen in the morning for those who want to cook breakfeast. Great stay overall!

Thanks for your kind feedback, and thanks for staying with us, we have treated the black mold in the bath room, we try to be on the top of it all the time. hope to see you again soon. in regards the kitchen as we serve breakfast form the kitchen in the morning, it is unhygienic to let guest using the kitchen while serving breakfast.

7th Feb 2017

Super nice staff. Have a cute welcome note and complimentary towel waiting for you on your bed. Very comfy lounge area and the staff cleans your dishes for you. Only downside is that the breakfast is two pounds and fifty pence.

29th Jan 2017
7.1

Great location!!! It's an old building that creeks but there isn't much they can do about that. The bathroom was gross. Lots of mold! Not much social vibe but it's really a great location.

• Jackwebber87
  • England, Male, 25-30
18th Jan 2017

Can't fault this hostel. Next time I visit Brighton this is where I will be staying. Amazing value for money!

Many thanks for your kind review, hope to see you again soon

• Australia, Female, 18-24
11th Jan 2017
7.7

Great location and very affordable. The rooms were very cramped with not enough space to put your bags so I had to sleep the first night with my bag at the end of my bed. I think they need more bathrooms around the place as well. I didn't like that you got kicked out from 11am-2pm every day for them to clean. If I am paying to stay there I should be allowed to stay during those hours but I appreciate the cleanliness of the place.

Many thanks for your feed back hope to see you again

2nd Jan 2017
3.1

BLACK MOLD IN ROOMS. Health violation. I spent a night awake in a severe allergic reaction because the wall was covered in black mold. And not a little-a lot. The next morning the staff found me a bed in another room, but they did not offer any refund or compensation at all. Very unimpressed.

Ok I can understand your ratings on all the above but the one that i cant get my head around is the low rate on location, which shows that your review does not reflect the true picture of our hostel. I had spent hours trying to transferring you to another room as we were fully booked, I even tried to move your friend with you who assured me that everything was ok and that she was very happy with the room you complained about.

• England, Couple, 25-30
1st Jan 2017

Staff couldn't do enough for us, dorms comfortable, quiet and clean, and dorm beds surprisingly roomy (at 6'3, I was a fan). And all super reasonably priced! Highly recommended.

Many thanks for your feed back, hope to see you again soon, it was a pleasure having you staying with us