Kipps Brighton Reviews

76 Grande Parade, Brighton, England

This hostel is so nice and gave me very great first impression of Britain. Rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. Providing towels is something that out of my expectation. It's great! The staff are helpful. Good to have a nice conversation with Daniel there ;) Hope you all the best.

KIPPS is the best hostel I have ever gone in England. Staffs are very kind and helpful. Beds are clean and comfortable. It is positioned on middle of station and beach. So I could go to both of them in ten minute. I got really good memories in Brighton and Hastings with this Hostel

Very warm staff, ideal location though very Noisy street. Kipps knows how to welcome a backpacker, besides the facilities are quite handy and the place is pretty. I'd recommend the youth hostel to anyone who wishes to enjoy Brighton !

Lovely lady at reception, wish I could say the same for everyone else. Staff arnt rude but not inviting and too many rules ruin the place- no maps or info on arrival and reception feels like it's in a restaurant. Closing the hostel between 11-2pm is ridiculous and made me feel awkward with nowhere to go. I only wake up at 11 and was told to leave my room for it to be cleaned. Spacious room, good location, quiet hostel- not for me but might be for some

Felt very safe and comfortable. Staff the most helpful and friendliest i have ever met in hostels.10/10

The guy who welcomed us (I think it was Giovanni) was VERY nice and helpful! The place was cute and clean and right in the center of the city. Very convenient and very good pricing. Breakfast is also good and the lounge area has a nice vibe. I am so glad we stayed here!

• 7th Jun 2015

Staff was so friendly and helpful. Location was ideal. A lot of extra spaces for games or tv or socializing. By far one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

• 21st May 2015

Hi Thank you for your nice comments, we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us Enjoy your travels Kipps

The smallest complaint, my bed was a bit squeaky when I moved. It felt like I was disturbing the person below me.

• 16th May 2015

Hi Thank you for rating, Our Maintenance guys does carry out regular checks on all bunks weekly, due to the high usage, so apologises if this was not carried out, Regards Kipps

Really good location, friendly welcome and tour from Humphrey and clean room with decent shower facilities. All you need for a stay for the great escape festival and a great base for exploring the city. Breakfast is good value for £2.50, nice touch that towels and complimentary toffees were provided. I would stay again!

Hi Thank you for your rating and comments, we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us Regards Kipps

Excellent hostel, good price, good facilities, awesome atmosphere, awesome staff, highly recommend!

Hi Nice comments, Nice Ratings :) Thanks. The staff will be happy to read Enjoy your travels

Can't use kitchen before 2pm. Found it strange that a staff member was sleeping in the dorm room. But overall clean, safe and in good location.

Hi Thank you for your comments Unfortunately due to the breakfast service, we cant open the kitchen. But we do offer a very cheap breakfast with many options, for only £2.50. This is a full continental breakfast spread. You couldnt even buy a coffee in a coffee house for this price. Regarding the staff member, he was moving from flat to flat, with a few days in between. but as a guest I would be happy if a staff member was staying in my dormitory, as it would be added security ?

Not only a great location, but also an amazingly homey atmosphere and the nicest double private room w. en-suite shower (room no. 1). Loved every minute of my stay here - ideal for romantic getaways.

• 5th May 2015
  • Denmark

Hi Thank you for your lovely comments, we are glad you enjoyed room 1, and you had a very nice romantic mini-break :) See you hopefully again Kipps

very confortable, even towels are provided!!!

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Hostel is in very good location. I've been in private room.Very surprise, obviously positively :) Good Atmosphere.

It was nice room. It's located in central and quite near to station and the sea. It's really convenient and there's no problem about cleanliness. But I don't think staff are really friendly. I made little mistake and one of staff said to me I'm so stupid in front of my boyfriend. I think they're so rude to say stupid to customer.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Japan

Hi Apologises to hear you thought the staff were not friendly We really make sure that our customer service is of the highest standard. Are you sure you was not mistaken about the staff saying "Stupid" as I spoke to the staff on duty that day, and none of them said this to you >? ........... Maybe you misheard ? but Ieither way I dont think this was their intention,...

Very nice hostel, great location, good common room (with cheap beer)

I really really liked it there! The staff was really friendly and made you feel welcome, it was a really lovely atmosphere there. They have really nice events in the evening and they are prepared almost everything that you could need. The location is close to the sea and the city. I will make sure to come back, loved it here a lot.

• 7th Apr 2015

Never experienced a so nice .hostel with this price. Very very hospitable staff and clean bathroom.

I did not mind arriving from Gatwick and then taking shelter here very quickly, but I did ask to be accommodated in a female only dorm!!! Unfortunately the dorms are all mixed and there are ten bunks in each of the large rooms so I found there is no privacy for women to change if there are more than 50% of men in the dorm!!! I found it very difficult to get a quiet nights sleep due to the people not getting back at night and then disturbingpeopl late at night when they did get back from pubs

Very clean and cool living room feel in the common space, doesn't feel like a hostel! Kitchen available and lockers in the rooms, but they're strict about lock-out times, which makes the kitchen difficult to use and room not very accessible if you need to grab something during the day. Free food events every night are great! Location is near the beach and the lanes for shopping.