Kipps Brighton Reviews

76 Grande Parade, Brighton, England

Best hostel I have ever seen in my life! The staff is really friendky and they make you feel like at home!

Amazing location, really close to the lanes and the Seafront, we had a private twin room which had a nice view which is always a bonus. only stayed for a night but it was very nice room was warm and cosy and shower room was large and spacious great sun trap. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice, for £20 a night you won't find better for a private room in Brighton, will stay at again if travelling to Brighton! and would recommend.

I felt there was a very considerate group of people there and got a good nights' sleep. I was surprised the kitchen wasn't open to make myself a drink until 8am but the reaason is to keep it quiet so people can get a good night's sleep and I think that worked well.

I stayed for one night for an interview, the staff were very helpful and you get a towel and city map. The dorm beds were clean and comfortable, great breakfast for a few quid. Good central location as well and felt secure, traffic noise as a result though if you are a light sleeper. Bathroom clean although only 1 between 10 people. Lovely hostel overall.

Stayed one night only. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Late check in was possible without any problems. Location is close to city center and train station. Lovely little details throughout the house and the stay. Would come back for next stay in Brighton - hopefully a longer one!

Kipps staff is very kind.

Very clean and nice room. Only issue was the music on reception made it difficult to hear the staff when checking in, plus noise carrying through the hostel during the night. Very pleasant stay on the whole though, served its purpose.

This place is nice and has a cosy atmosphere, however.... The management system needs to be looked at. This is the only hostel where you get kicked out of your room so the staff can clean. Sorry, but I paid to use the facilities but you aren't allowing me to be in my bed from 11 til 2? and use the kitchen until after 2pm? It does not make sense. Like Chewbacca living on Endor. Why would an 8ft tall wookie want to live on the planet Endor with a bunch of 2ft tall Ewoks?

It was a bit annoying not being allowed in the room from 11am-2pm but it was very clean.

Dorm lockers slightly difficult & cumbersome.

Kipps was a clean, secure hostel in a good location. The dorms are very comfortable

I recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in brighton. Value for money is excellent, I had the comfiest and warmest nights sleep and had lots of facilities in my room. The hostel is nice and quiet at night and breakfast was great. The staff showed me around and were very attentive and friendly and it was in such a good location, less than 5 mins away from everything! Such a great hostel!

Hi We really appreciate your comment, and taking time to write a review Thanks and maybe see again in Brighton and at Kipps Regards

Super helpful and friendly

• 24th Nov 2014

Hi Jessica A Nice comment, and we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us Kipps

Kipps was really good. I had a nice room with clean toilet and shower. The bed was the best I ever had, comfortable and - which is important in a 10 bed room - they make only very few noise. An annoying thing is that the staff is somehow obliged to clean the room every day, which means they will re-arrange your bed, sheets and stuff in order to make it look like you just arrived. Also the windows allow a lot of outside noise to come in. They have a very good kitchen to use for free.

everything was just what you'd want ... apart from the bedside lamp not working

• 19th Nov 2014

Hi Alison Thank you for your nice comments You should have come to reception about the lamp, we have loads of bulbs and fuses to replace straight away Hopefully see you again in Brighton and at Kipps

Hostel was awesome!! Close to everything in Brighton, Staff were very helpful with where to go and how to get around. The nights I stayed were quite cheap! Rooms were large and not overcrowded. The rooms had ensuite bathrooms which were good and there were additional bathrooms/toilets on other levels. The kitchen was nice, annoying that it wasn't open in the morning, especially if you have food intolerances!

This was fine as a base for a weekend away from London. Rooms were ok but nothing special. Shower pressure in private room wasn't great and should be improved. Hostel lacked atmosphere but overall was fine for what we wanted as a place to stay as a couple.

Was very very nice and clean. Friendly staff. Good location. Every day events and cheap booze.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

Hi We are glad you enjoyed your stay at Kipps Brighton Enjoy your travels !!! Kipps

Nice Hostel in a good location. Staff were very friendly on arrival providing great information about Brighton and the weekly activities the hostel offers, hotdog night was great! The hostel itself is kept very clean and the beds are great with very comfortable pillows. Lockers within the room are good for keeping valuables safely locked away.

We absolutely loved the hostel, it was very comfortable and we felt safe and secure. Definitely was a nice break from the larger and louder hostels we had stayed at. I must say I expected the group of people staying there to interact more with one another as well as the staff but everyone seemed to keep to themselves- which was a bit disappointing. Other than that I would gladly stay here again!