Kipps Brighton Reviews

76 Grande Parade, Brighton, England

Hostel is in very good location. I've been in private room.Very surprise, obviously positively :) Good Atmosphere.

I really really liked it there! The staff was really friendly and made you feel welcome, it was a really lovely atmosphere there. They have really nice events in the evening and they are prepared almost everything that you could need. The location is close to the sea and the city. I will make sure to come back, loved it here a lot.

• 7th Apr 2015

Never experienced a so nice .hostel with this price. Very very hospitable staff and clean bathroom.

I did not mind arriving from Gatwick and then taking shelter here very quickly, but I did ask to be accommodated in a female only dorm!!! Unfortunately the dorms are all mixed and there are ten bunks in each of the large rooms so I found there is no privacy for women to change if there are more than 50% of men in the dorm!!! I found it very difficult to get a quiet nights sleep due to the people not getting back at night and then disturbingpeopl late at night when they did get back from pubs

Very clean and cool living room feel in the common space, doesn't feel like a hostel! Kitchen available and lockers in the rooms, but they're strict about lock-out times, which makes the kitchen difficult to use and room not very accessible if you need to grab something during the day. Free food events every night are great! Location is near the beach and the lanes for shopping.

Best hostel I have ever seen in my life! The staff is really friendky and they make you feel like at home!

Amazing location, really close to the lanes and the Seafront, we had a private twin room which had a nice view which is always a bonus. only stayed for a night but it was very nice room was warm and cosy and shower room was large and spacious great sun trap. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice, for £20 a night you won't find better for a private room in Brighton, will stay at again if travelling to Brighton! and would recommend.

I felt there was a very considerate group of people there and got a good nights' sleep. I was surprised the kitchen wasn't open to make myself a drink until 8am but the reaason is to keep it quiet so people can get a good night's sleep and I think that worked well.

I stayed for one night for an interview, the staff were very helpful and you get a towel and city map. The dorm beds were clean and comfortable, great breakfast for a few quid. Good central location as well and felt secure, traffic noise as a result though if you are a light sleeper. Bathroom clean although only 1 between 10 people. Lovely hostel overall.

Stayed one night only. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Late check in was possible without any problems. Location is close to city center and train station. Lovely little details throughout the house and the stay. Would come back for next stay in Brighton - hopefully a longer one!

Kipps staff is very kind.

Very clean and nice room. Only issue was the music on reception made it difficult to hear the staff when checking in, plus noise carrying through the hostel during the night. Very pleasant stay on the whole though, served its purpose.

This place is nice and has a cosy atmosphere, however.... The management system needs to be looked at. This is the only hostel where you get kicked out of your room so the staff can clean. Sorry, but I paid to use the facilities but you aren't allowing me to be in my bed from 11 til 2? and use the kitchen until after 2pm? It does not make sense. Like Chewbacca living on Endor. Why would an 8ft tall wookie want to live on the planet Endor with a bunch of 2ft tall Ewoks?

It was a bit annoying not being allowed in the room from 11am-2pm but it was very clean.

Dorm lockers slightly difficult & cumbersome.

Kipps was a clean, secure hostel in a good location. The dorms are very comfortable

I recommend this to anyone wanting to stay in brighton. Value for money is excellent, I had the comfiest and warmest nights sleep and had lots of facilities in my room. The hostel is nice and quiet at night and breakfast was great. The staff showed me around and were very attentive and friendly and it was in such a good location, less than 5 mins away from everything! Such a great hostel!

Hi We really appreciate your comment, and taking time to write a review Thanks and maybe see again in Brighton and at Kipps Regards

Super helpful and friendly

• 24th Nov 2014

Hi Jessica A Nice comment, and we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us Kipps

Kipps was really good. I had a nice room with clean toilet and shower. The bed was the best I ever had, comfortable and - which is important in a 10 bed room - they make only very few noise. An annoying thing is that the staff is somehow obliged to clean the room every day, which means they will re-arrange your bed, sheets and stuff in order to make it look like you just arrived. Also the windows allow a lot of outside noise to come in. They have a very good kitchen to use for free.

everything was just what you'd want ... apart from the bedside lamp not working

• 19th Nov 2014

Hi Alison Thank you for your nice comments You should have come to reception about the lamp, we have loads of bulbs and fuses to replace straight away Hopefully see you again in Brighton and at Kipps