Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Rooms were far too small. No space whatsoever for bags, I had to sleep with my backpack. Also, showers were terrible. Great staff and location though

Staff was wonderful and very helpful. Easy 1 night stay in Canterbury. A bit far from the city center but definitely walkable. Walls were quite thin but that's to be expected in older homes. Overall a very pleasant stay

I had a great stay at Kipp's this week. Staff were very welcoming and accommodating. I stayed in a private room which was clean, warm and very cosy. The kitchen facilities and wifi connection were both decent and I felt at home during my time there.

• 29th Jan 2016

One night stay, the hostel is small but it's nice and cozy; only spot are the few toilets, quite busy in the morning. 15 minutes walk to the city centre. Nice staff and good entertainment at night!

Very welcoming place, nice staff, open and friendly. Perfect facility. Only the heating in my room wasn't working. Very cold.

This hostel was amazing! It was very clean and homey. I felt so welcomed the second I walked through the door and the staff is so accommodating and nice! This hostel is known for being a better hostel and it is very clear why! The beds (and sheets) were clean and comfortable and they give you a towel to shower. The breakfast in the morning (for 2.50) was worth it! If I ever go back to Canterbury I will definitely stay here!

This is a wonderful hostel, really enjoyed my stay and would definitely book again.

Very nice hostel. In the common room we some how felt like being home. Very good and clean kitchen with everything which is needed. Rooms are nice decorated and the whole hostel is located good. Nice staff. Only blemish for us is that the room was quite cold (we were there in winter). So heat up a bite more please.

Except for it being a shared room it had the feel of a hotel - two pillows, nice bed linen, cushion and a toffee on the bed. A reading light would have been useful. Also only one socket near my bed worked, and that was already being used. An attractive building in a pleasant part of town and conveniently located. It would be useful if the kitchen was open longer hours to make hot drinks - maybe the kettle could be put in the lounge. The lounge itself is cosy with comfortable sofas.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The facilities are very cozy and comfortable. The staff were all super friendly and helpful, and made everything unexpectedly special for the holidays. Easy and short walk from the bus station and main shops/restaurants. Beds were very comfortable, bathrooms were very nice and clean, the whole facility was super clean.

very good hostel, friendly staff, great breakfast, clean and good atmosphere. I really liked.

Great place to stay! Very friendly, and clean.

• 21st Dec 2015

The hostel is located in a residential area making it feel very much like a home rather than a hostel. The lounge was a great space to meet other guests, especially when there are PANCAKES involved! They even had Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup which made those pancakes taste like America. Free towels, hair dryer in my single room, and breakfast for only £2.50 (I did not partake in breakfast, but the price sounds great). I would definitely stay here again.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our stay at the Kipps hostel. They had a cake night which we unfortunately had to miss, but thought it was a nice touch. Our room was clean but we asked for a double bed and we were given a dorm of 6 beds to ourselves. It was a little cold too as the radiator wasn't working too well. But overall for the price we paid it was not a bad hostel and the staff were friendly and informative.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Wales

Had a great stay. The shower in the ensuite didn't work too well and the sink was in the room so I was worried about waking people up when I used it but everything else was fantastic. The staff were great and very helpful and it was a very friendly atmosphere. Location was great too, only a short walk from Cantebury East and all the attractions.

Mature patrons. Clean hostel although I find the room of 8 is a bit crowded. Liquor and beer are minimal but that is just fine for me as it keeps the environment quiet at night. I hope that the host may keep the kitchen open till midnight instead of 10:00 p.m. only

lovely staff & is located only 15 mins from high street. The hostel was always very clean. But, the kitchen & large breakfast sitting area & downstairs bathroom close 1030-2 & rooms from 11-2. The front sitting room is not especially large for all the guests. It was frustrating to not have access to your things or ability to make lunch. Every bed is made every day, which seems like a waste of time and it made me feel guilty/uncomfortable when my pajamas were folded and my things organized.

The hostel is nicely located in a quiet residential area in the center of Canterbury. The building is beautiful, clean, well-equipped and old in a charming way. However, some of the staff members were surprisingly rude, unpleasant, disrespectful, and excessively authoritative. It sort of ruined our entire experience, making us feel watched and uncomfortable. One night, a member of staff unlocked the door of our private room without knocking. Complete violation of privacy without any apologies!

• 3rd Nov 2015

A warming greeting on arrival and the whole hostel was clean and had a quirky feel to it. 10 minute walk from the city centre and easy parking around the corner (good timing though I guess). The only thing I would suggest is an extra wc and shower as there's only one of each for the hostel. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay!

• 31st Oct 2015

The reason why I feel this way is because of the following: Bad Points: • All guests are isolated to one room, while cleaning is done for 3 hours and 30 minutes. • Not allowed to go to toilet in hostel when cleaning is done, so have to go to city centre to use public toilet. • There is a rule about staff not allowed to check people in after 11:00, but still do so, been known up until 02:00 following morning. • Some staff can be very rude and inconsiderate, especially one called Florien towards

• 31st Oct 2015