8.7
Fabulous 1,607 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,607 Total Reviews
Kipps Hostel Canterbury Located at 40 Nunnery Fields, , Canterbury.
England

8th Sep 2016

Great- would stay again

• Albania, Female, 31-40
3rd Sep 2016

The hostel is beautiful. Very clean. A gorgeous garden perfect for breakfast and reading. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. The only issue I had was when I arrived I was told the twin room I had booked online via hostelworld was not available due to previous guests damaging the beds the night before. So I was reallocated to a dorm room which my self and my friend could have as a private room. On the bright side the dorm had its own bathroom. Overall had a very good time.

• Australia, Female, 41+
1st Sep 2016

My favourite hostel ever. I wish they were all that good.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2016

Very lovely friendly and accommodating host, loads of great facilities with extras like shower gels, towels, bicuits, tea and coffee, lovely garden area and breakfast area, very homely and well run, had everything we needed and more

• Spain, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2016

I felt like at home. The staff is so nice and helpful and the room clean and cosy.

9th Aug 2016
7.1

I had an enjoyable stay here. Bed was comfortable. Small locker adequate. Ensuite shower, toilet and sink ok. The cleanliness was ok. Nice atmosphere in dorm. Laundry washed, dried and folded for you, £5! Wifi not great. You will get basic surfing, email, etc. NO up or down loads to speak of. Lots of stairs, especially if you are at the very top. But fun, funky room up there. A bit far from train, bus and city center/sights. To bad NO free breakfast. All in all I'd stay again and recommend.

• annie3576
  • England, Female, 41+
9th Aug 2016

A real home from home. I washed up there and instantly felt cared for. Carmen and ?Mike helped with so many things from parking to wifi access to broken luggage handles. They manage to combine eye for detail with allowing space, and clearly enjoy doing what they do. Your garden is beautiful, Carmen, and I so enjoyed chatting about plants over breakfast. I have already started recommending Kipps to others

5th Aug 2016
2.3

Old and run-down, narrow corridors, small rooms crammed with beds, humidity etc, the usual suspects, location as bad First morning in cleaning lady woke me up and shouted me to leave the room even though I booked for two days, couldn't believe how rude these people were to paying guests I decided to go to the kitchen to grab a glass of water to drown my misery but immediately was confronted by rude receptionist "kitchen closed can't you see the sign!!!" AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE A PLAGUE

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
30th Jul 2016

Staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the lady who was working when we arrived. Cute little garden out the back and comfortable communal areas. Not a party hostel (people of all ages in the rooms), but a nice place to stay.

25th Jul 2016

Decent hike (10-15 mins) from the bus station in a residential area, but there's really no other choices for Canterbury. Fine place to spend the night -- honestly you don't really need to spend more than 1 day here to see the Cathedral and Abbey and fortifications, so it's fine for what it is. Large kitchen and dining area, well appointed, free cake (yum!), not enough power outlets.