Kipps Hostel Canterbury

9.2
Superb 1623 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2017

Super friendly staff, GREAT atmosphere (couldn't get over how cute the deco was) and very close to town. Only thing, and that is not their fault, it was weird that the water taps were not in the shower rooms. Oh and a bit inconvenient that you could not stay in the dorms and kitchens between 11 and 2. Still my favorite hostel so far!

Hi Thank you for your nice comments and rating. At the moment we are having a look at all our bathrooms, which we will transform throughout the year. as we are looking at transferring guests comments into making the bathrooms work better for all guests staying. So will note all these comments and try to put them into action. The reason the dorms are closed, is as we are only a small team, we carry out everything ourselves from reception to house-keeping to maintenance. and those 3 hours are the only time we are able to carry out house-keeping/ maintanance throughout the hostel on a daily basis. The lounge is open for you to relax in, and if we finish early, do open the dorms and other areas much earlier than 2pm Enjoy your travels, and glad we are your favourite hostel !! Regards Kipps

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd Feb 2017

Great hostel only a short walk from the city centre with all the facilities you need and friendly staff.

Hi Glad you enjoyed your stay at Kipps, and the facilities in the hostel. Come back in the summer, to see our transformed garden, with games area, and new seating areas. Regards Kipps

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Jan 2017
5.1

basicallt felt like school children with the headmistress and teachers watching over us. Very hard to relax here and get to know other people under the intrusive staff members. They lock everything between 11am-2pm so you cannot stay in your room or cook in the kitchen. It's also a small place but the staff were the worst I've ever experienced shouting at people on more than one occasion.

17th Jan 2017

Kipps is an excellent hostel. The atmosphere is welcoming and if there are any problems they really do fix them within a few minutes! It is the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in, the kitchen is very well equipped and the living room makes one feel like family. The only negative comment I would make is that the common areas were cold while I stayed. They were working to correct that, and I would certainly stay again if I were in the area!

Hi Thank you for your lovely comments and rating. We are glad to inform, that the heating issue has now been resolved. Enjoy your travels Kipps

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
10th Dec 2016

We had that best time staying at Kipps. Very warm and friendly place with a nice homely atmosphere. Very clean and tidy and exceeded all expectations we had. Great Location with very friendly and helpful staff. We will be back!

Hello, Thank you for the lovely comment and we look forward to seeing you in the future. King regards, Carmen

21st Nov 2016

Really great hostel, extremely clean and neat. This is genuine classic English house, with great facilities, very comfortable beds and very good facilities. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is convenient, costs 2,5£, but not great, they provide the service of washing clothes for 5£, there's plenty of showers and toilets. The bed gets made everyday, but you have to be out of the room at 11am, which is kinda annoying. Common rooms lacks a atmosphere, not really a great set up to meet others.

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

A lovely little quiet hostel, a short walk from the centre of Canterbury. They have an amazing garden which is great for relaxing in and the staff were all very friendly. The rooms were cleaned and beds made every day (although there are some dusty and dirty corners in the room). The bed was really very comfortable and its a great hostel to use as a base when exploring the city and surrounding areas.

8th Sep 2016

Great- would stay again

• Albania, Female, 31-40
3rd Sep 2016

The hostel is beautiful. Very clean. A gorgeous garden perfect for breakfast and reading. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. The only issue I had was when I arrived I was told the twin room I had booked online via hostelworld was not available due to previous guests damaging the beds the night before. So I was reallocated to a dorm room which my self and my friend could have as a private room. On the bright side the dorm had its own bathroom. Overall had a very good time.

• Australia, Female, 41+
1st Sep 2016

My favourite hostel ever. I wish they were all that good.