Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

This hostel is the best I've stayed in all over Europe. I was tired and lost. The staff made dinner and cake. Amazing atmosphere and people! Would love to come back stay for longer!

Excellent cheap and cheerful hostel. Nice staff and great location.

• 14th Jul 2015

Such a lovely hostel! Staff are incredibly friendly & and we got to have some really great conversations. The rooms & toilets are clean & comfortable. There are lockers, & you can get a padlock from the front desk. The hostel is pretty quiet; he type of people who stay here seem to be professionals, which makes for some great conversations with interesting folks over breakfast! Only downside is that location is a little bit of a walk away from the city centre, but not a huge deal really.

Nice place, friendly helpful staff - for travellers and back-packers, it's a great place to stay. TV didn't have all the channels and instructions were in Polish so I couldn't retune it, but that's a minor detail!

• 11th Jul 2015

Great place to stay. Very friendly atmosphere and relaxed setting

This one of the best independent hostels in the UK. Superb value for money. Better than Kipps of Brighton

It was a great stay. Would recommend it to others Found the staff extremely friendly & helpful. Thanks for a fabulous time in Canterbury

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

There is only one shower for the guests so be prepared to wait or shower at an odd time, but other than that it was homey and comfortable. The staff were helpful and nice. The other visitors were friendly and polite. They have a beautiful garden out back. I would stay there again.

• 2nd Jul 2015

The staff made us feel very welcome! We loved the idea of a free pancake-evening (although in the heat wave, we decided to eat salad, but thank you for the great hospitality!). Lovely garden to relax in! Good beds and big, soft towels: we will certainly stay at Kipps Canterbury again.

• 30th Jun 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely comment. We wish you good luck in your future travels. Kind regards, Kipps team

Absolutely amazing hostel, will definitely be staying there again.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your awesome comment. We wish you best of luck in your travels and hope to see you at Kipps in the future. Kind regards, Kipps Team

A great atmosphere and service, nice and comfy rooms. The stuff is very friendly and helpful, make you feel at home. One of the best hostel i have been.

The hostel was clean and welcoming, really good if you want a quiet place to stay. The value was good as well. The breakfast is extra, and would be good value if you're really hungry (as it's unlimited for a set price), but less good if you have special dietary requirements (which is understandable). Close to the town centre as well.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. We wish you good luck in any future travels. Kind regards, Kipps Team

Good place to stay in Canterbury.

The Staff was very friendly and the bedroom very good and the badroom very clean. The washing facilities were excellent. The Kipps Hostel is a very good accommodation for a long visit in Canterbury.

Super cute hostel, great kitchen, and awesome staff! No free breakfast, but the evening snack (when I was there we had tea and cake one night, then cheese and crackers) made up for that. The shower attached to our room was nice and hot, ad towels were provided. Also, comfoest hostel bed I've ever slept in! Only fault was that the lockers in the room were small and didnt work very well, and the key to my room was really sticky.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you in the future. Kind regards, Kipps Team

The Kipps Staff was very friendly and helpfull. The bedroom and badroom were very cleanly. All other I had writting in my another rewiew.

excellent allround, second time staying here and stayed in both dorm and single room, top notch as before :)

Limited parking space. Expensive for a dorm like that.

• 30th May 2015
  • Malaysia

The security is average, but i'd like to have bigger lockers. Atmosphere was great, decorations too, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the living room, for example, or even my bedroom because there was a group of teenagers very noisy; I understand they're kids, so I didn't complain, but it would be better without them... Anyway, they have to be hosted anywhere, and this time it was on the same hostel as me. I really understand

• 28th May 2015
  • Spain

A lovely welcome on arrival and a lovely atmosphere felt straight away. Was also great to meet other travelers like myself, english and international. I hope to come again and have already recomended the place to others! Thank you for a comfortable nights sleep! Impressed with the helpfulness of the staff, the cleanlyness of the facilities, and most of all the (more than) affordable price!

• 27th May 2015