Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

The security is average, but i'd like to have bigger lockers. Atmosphere was great, decorations too, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the living room, for example, or even my bedroom because there was a group of teenagers very noisy; I understand they're kids, so I didn't complain, but it would be better without them... Anyway, they have to be hosted anywhere, and this time it was on the same hostel as me. I really understand

• 28th May 2015
  • Spain

A lovely welcome on arrival and a lovely atmosphere felt straight away. Was also great to meet other travelers like myself, english and international. I hope to come again and have already recomended the place to others! Thank you for a comfortable nights sleep! Impressed with the helpfulness of the staff, the cleanlyness of the facilities, and most of all the (more than) affordable price!

• 27th May 2015

We are a group of 8 students who wanted to walk the first stage of the pilgrim way towards Rome, the so called "French way". We arrived to Canterbury late in the evening (around 10 p.m.) and, after a quick check-in, we were provided by a very helpful staff with a cup of tea or camomile and with all the instructions for getting at the beginning of the pilgrim way towards Dover. The way actually starts a few minutes away from the hostel, so that its location was perfect too.

We found Kipps to be a very basic, but friendly, cheerful and good-value hostel. Nothing spectacular, but exactly as advertised and perfectly comfortable and clean. It was quiet at night as well and the bed was comfy. The staff were helpful, letting us leave our bags both before check-in and after check-out and helping us figure out the best way to get to Whitstable.

• 24th May 2015

Thank you for a lovely stay. Kirstie & Laura

• 23rd May 2015

The hostel is a lovely, old house with real wooden floors and lovely decor. Everything was well looked after and clean. The beds were very comfortable, the kitchen was the nicest I've seen in a hostel, and the communal areas were nice to relax in. Breakfast was a nice touch, I would rather it was free (costs £2.50) but there was a good selection of scones, crumpets etc. The only negative really is that there were only 2 parking spots, which can make things awkward if you drive.

Wonderful hostel - clean, amazing facilities, very friendly staff and a great location. Basically everything you would expect from a hotel (apart from a private bathroom) but less than half the price. Will definitely recommend

• 21st May 2015

Fantastic staff that really made it an enjoyable experience.

• 18th May 2015

Nice interior, perhaps a bit crowded, but very good staff who are helpful. FREE food in the evening too.

This must have been my fifth time in total at Kipps'. It is still my favourite place to stay in Kent. Great atmosphere, staff going out of their way to make one's stay pleasant, and NO NOISE after 11 PM, so that a good night's rest is virtually always ensured. I'll be there again!

• 14th May 2015

Double bed was comfortable. No breakfast but supermarkets close by. Other residents somewhat noisy but quieted down after 1am.

Very nice staff who was really helpful and made me feel very welcome.

This seems to be a hostel more for groups rather than solo travelers. Several large groups who pretty much walked all over the solo travelers. Make it impossible to use the kitchen or find anywhere to sit for dinner. They didn't have the map of landmarks I was shown. The garden and beds where nice.

Kipps is a beautiful hostel and the staff are lovely! Its was really easy to find as it is only a ten minute walk from the bus station and the same from Canterbury East train station. The kitchen was really nice and the beds were super comfy. Not very much room for your stuff so if you are taking a large bag then you might have trouble finding somewhere for it if the rooms are full. Kipps is a fantastic hostel and I would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again!

Beautifully clean hostel. Only stayed one night but wouldn't hesitate to go back!

Very friendly staff, made time to chat and help :)

A pleasant old-style decor hostel which is well-run and which even gives out free food in the evening. There is a large multi-channel t.v. in the front roo, a wonderful old-style kitch at the rear and plenty of bedrooms. My stay was enjoyable.

This is the second time I have brought a small group to stay at Kipps. The chief bonus is the extremely warm and cooperative attitude of all the staff, who really try to help whatever the question. The hostel represents excellent value for money and I recommend it very highly. JM Belgium

• 8th Apr 2015

We felt in good hands

• 4th Apr 2015

I just stayed one night. It was a good rest except for the guy who let his alarm go on every 15 minutes beginning at 5:30 AM. Breakfast was a bit pricy. It had a nice, hot shower but the water pressure wasnt great. I would stay there again.