Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Has to be one of the best hostels I have stayed in in the UK. Clean, great value for money with good facilities. Well worth the price and close enough to city centre to dodge the more expensive hotels for this hidden gem!

• 13th Apr 2014

The best hostel for me so far...

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

Lovely hostel but having to leave the dorms and having no access to the kitchen between11am and 2pm was awkward. Luckily, I had 4 days of brilliant sunshine, but if the weather hadn't been this good it could have been a bit of a drag. Also, shutting the kitchen at 11pm and evicting us from the lovely spring garden was it really that necessary ? We were a bit away from the dorms, right at the back and kept the noise down after 11 with respect to those asleep and wanting peace and quiet.

Unfortunately it was very noisy . Someone arrived in the early hours of the morning didn't consider the ones who are in bed. The result, a poor night's sleep.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The room was clean and quite modern for a hostel. I stayed in the double private room with shared bathroom. I only had to wait for the bathroom once and it wasn't an issue at all. The breakfast was a decent continental breakfast for two pounds. The staff was really helpful and very friendly. I would say the guests acted more like it was a hotel than hostel though. Also, it was about a 10 minute walk into the city center. But otherwise, it was great.

Nice spot, close to the city centre. Good accomodation.

• 21st Mar 2014

Absolutely recommended: beds are comfy, the crowd was friendly, the location is good, the staff is very helpful and it's really good value for money. Must go if you're in Caterbury.

• 10th Mar 2014

Very homely place, felt more like a shared flat than a hostel - I liked it a lot!

• 10th Mar 2014

Everything was fine, thank you!

• 26th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

I had a very enjoyable stay at kipps Canterbury. All staff were very friendly as were the other guests. I only stayed at kipps for 2 nights but from the off I was maid to feel like part of a family. The facilities are top noch for a hostel, with more than I could off expected from a hotel at 4 times the price. I highly recommend kipps to anybody staying in Canterbury and I hope to return in the near future

The only thing that bothered me was that you weren't able to get into your own room between 11am and 2pm...

Familiar and cozy atmosphere, friendly and helpful staff at all times. At the next opportunity will definitely stay at this place.

• 12th Feb 2014

The hostel is tidy, clean, and the staff are very friendly and nice.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Spain

I have stayed in many a hostel across the world and this was definitely in the top three! The big house makes it feel like a home, even when you're staying in the seven-person dorm... rather than one of those youth hostels that feels more like a hotel. The nightly activities were my favorite part, eating pie around a table with people from all over the world... truly a special experience. And the beds were clean and comfy!

Kipps Hostel felt more like a B&B than a hostel. It is in a good location that is just a short walk from everything. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here!

Great stay, super friendly and helpful staff. No security issues, great atmosphere, overall excellent Facilities ok, but very poor internet. Was barely good enough for simple browsing. In bed not enough signal to even connect My only major gripe: forgot to give back room key + pay for 1 breakfast. Immediately at airport, posted key bk after realising. However, they helped themselves to my bank account without so much as a simple reminder. V disappointed with this illegal and unnecessary move

• 14th Jan 2014

Very homely atmosphere. The staff organise some sort of simple social event each evening and it brings people together.Breakfast great value, and self catering area fantastic. THANKYOU!

I had a fantastic stay at this beautiful hostel. Would HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone...! As a single female traveller, I felt safe and the staff were always helpful and steered me in the right direction.

Nice hostel, a little out of the center, but certainly at walking distance. We were able to put our bikes in the garden, away from the street. Free cake as the daily activity in the meeting room. Fair rooms, with little space for the luggage however.

Super clean, super friendly, super welcoming and helpful staff...was like being with family. Thanks guys. Happy New Year

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Hi, Thank you for your lovely comment and we're very happy that you had a great time with us and hope to see you again in the future! Happy New Year! Kipps Team