Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

There were only two things that threw me off about this hostel. I stayed in a single room, but the room was barely big enough to be a small bathroom. It had enough room for a lamp, a twin bed, and a small sink. The other thing was that there was only one bathroom and shower for the entire hostel. I ended up having to take a "bath" in the sink in my room. Otherwise the hostel was very comfy and located in a pretty decent spot.

• 14th Dec 2013

Very cozy & friendly atmosphere, laid-back and friendly staff, clean & warm room. The only downside were the shared bathroom & toilet, however both were superbly clean. Recommend!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Slovenia

The staff make this hostel, their friendliness is catching and there was an excellent group of people around most evenings. It would be better if the kitchen was open after 12 so you could cook lunch, 2pm is to late. (only bad thing was rude lady in my room on last night but im sure she will get her comeuppance)

Ver friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I stayed in the single room and can recommend it wholeheartedly.

• 29th Nov 2013

Best. Hostel. Ever. The facilities are great, but the staff and the homey atmosphere are what make this place great. Stay here.

The owners go out of their way to make this feel like home. They put on an event every night that gets everyone socializing. When I was there it was free quiche dinner, pretty amazing! The beds are comfy, there's free towels and you'll have a lot of fun! I'll definitely be back.

When people say the best hostel in the country etc I get suspicious, but Kipp's really was the best i ever stayed in. A dvd player with collection, a really lovely big house ad free wifi.

Very nice stay. Good staff.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Spain

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Kipps Canterbury. The hostel pays a lot of attention to cleanliness and the staff is very helpful. Although it is not located in the very center, all points of interest are quite near. Certainly a place I would recommend.

We just stayed one night there, but we really enjoyed our stay. Atmosphere is great, everything is very clean and the kitchen is big and well equipped. The whole property is very cozy, you eat your breakfast in a winter garden and you can even go out and eat in the backyard. Staff is very friendly and helpful as well. To get into the city center/bus station you have to walk 7-10 minutes, but that was totally fine for us. We'd definitely stay there again (even if the beds are squealing a bit)

• 25th Oct 2013