Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Very friendly and accommodating staff, lovely house, would definitely recommend.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely comment. We feel very happy that you had a great stay at Kipps and we hope to see you in the future. Kind regards, Kipps Staff

Staf was very friendly

• 15th May 2014
  • Belgium

Excellent! It was like staying at a mates house. Great little outdoor garden, well stocked kitchen, friendly and helpful staff and walking distance to everything. Beds aren't super comfy but aren't bad, quite noisy bunks but I slept quite well and that's pretty much the only negative (which is really minor when you take into account everything else). Loved it, would highly recommend it!!!

Dear Guest, Thank you for your lovely comment. We feel very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Kipps and we hope to see you in the future. Kind regards, Kipps Staff

Great atmosphere, nicely decorated dining room and lovely garden.

I had a lovely time at kipps. Staff was incredibly nice and they gave us free BBQ

• 3rd May 2014
  • Spain

We just needed a bed for the night. We came in too late (after closing time), but reception helped us with a smile. Nice room, TV, thee, ... Better than expected.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

Wifi wasn't working for me but other than that it was one of the nicest hostels I've been to. Very clean, cute, staff was nice!

The staff were awesome and the hostel was so pretty :) It was so homey and I loved the events.

Great hostel, one of the best I ever was in. Clean, nice stuff, good price, and super nice house and rooms.

I really enjoy the place, service and the people from the staff to the visitors!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

A value-driven hostel which contains everything you need for a short-term stay - tidiness, security, community life, convenience and everything else. A must-consider for backpackers who travel to Canterbury.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for our lovely comment and we are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Kipps! We hope to see you in the future! Kind regards, Kipps Team

Has to be one of the best hostels I have stayed in in the UK. Clean, great value for money with good facilities. Well worth the price and close enough to city centre to dodge the more expensive hotels for this hidden gem!

• 13th Apr 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your lovely comment. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Kipps and we hope to see you soon! Best regards, Kipps team

The best hostel for me so far...

• 11th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your lovely comment! We are very happy that you enjoyed you stay with us and we hope to see you in the future! Best regards, Kipps team

Lovely hostel but having to leave the dorms and having no access to the kitchen between11am and 2pm was awkward. Luckily, I had 4 days of brilliant sunshine, but if the weather hadn't been this good it could have been a bit of a drag. Also, shutting the kitchen at 11pm and evicting us from the lovely spring garden was it really that necessary ? We were a bit away from the dorms, right at the back and kept the noise down after 11 with respect to those asleep and wanting peace and quiet.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your rating.. We are happy you enjoyed your time in Canterbury! Best wishes in your future travels. Kind regards, Kipps Team

Seriously great. I was doing a research project at the Cathedral and Kipps was not only convenient as it was only about a 10 minute walk to the Cathedral but it also gave me a quiet and comfortable place to work while I wasn't actually in the Cathedral. It was super clean and comfortable, everyone was so friendly, and the kitchen facilities were excellent and really helped me save a few extra pounds. There's also a lovely garden which was perfect for the mild weather that weekend. Excellent.

Unfortunately it was very noisy . Someone arrived in the early hours of the morning didn't consider the ones who are in bed. The result, a poor night's sleep.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

The room was clean and quite modern for a hostel. I stayed in the double private room with shared bathroom. I only had to wait for the bathroom once and it wasn't an issue at all. The breakfast was a decent continental breakfast for two pounds. The staff was really helpful and very friendly. I would say the guests acted more like it was a hotel than hostel though. Also, it was about a 10 minute walk into the city center. But otherwise, it was great.

Nice spot, close to the city centre. Good accomodation.

• 21st Mar 2014

Absolutely recommended: beds are comfy, the crowd was friendly, the location is good, the staff is very helpful and it's really good value for money. Must go if you're in Caterbury.

Very homely place, felt more like a shared flat than a hostel - I liked it a lot!

• 10th Mar 2014