Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

This must have been my fifth time in total at Kipps'. It is still my favourite place to stay in Kent. Great atmosphere, staff going out of their way to make one's stay pleasant, and NO NOISE after 11 PM, so that a good night's rest is virtually always ensured. I'll be there again!

• 14th May 2015

Double bed was comfortable. No breakfast but supermarkets close by. Other residents somewhat noisy but quieted down after 1am.

Very nice staff who was really helpful and made me feel very welcome.

This seems to be a hostel more for groups rather than solo travelers. Several large groups who pretty much walked all over the solo travelers. Make it impossible to use the kitchen or find anywhere to sit for dinner. They didn't have the map of landmarks I was shown. The garden and beds where nice.

Kipps is a beautiful hostel and the staff are lovely! Its was really easy to find as it is only a ten minute walk from the bus station and the same from Canterbury East train station. The kitchen was really nice and the beds were super comfy. Not very much room for your stuff so if you are taking a large bag then you might have trouble finding somewhere for it if the rooms are full. Kipps is a fantastic hostel and I would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again!

Beautifully clean hostel. Only stayed one night but wouldn't hesitate to go back!

Very friendly staff, made time to chat and help :)

A pleasant old-style decor hostel which is well-run and which even gives out free food in the evening. There is a large multi-channel t.v. in the front roo, a wonderful old-style kitch at the rear and plenty of bedrooms. My stay was enjoyable.

This is the second time I have brought a small group to stay at Kipps. The chief bonus is the extremely warm and cooperative attitude of all the staff, who really try to help whatever the question. The hostel represents excellent value for money and I recommend it very highly. JM Belgium

• 8th Apr 2015

We felt in good hands

• 4th Apr 2015

I just stayed one night. It was a good rest except for the guy who let his alarm go on every 15 minutes beginning at 5:30 AM. Breakfast was a bit pricy. It had a nice, hot shower but the water pressure wasnt great. I would stay there again.

Very charming hostel, and the staff is friendly and very helpful. Probably one of my favorite hostel I've been in so far, would definitely recommend it.

A short but really enjoyable stay. One of the best nights sleep staying away I've had in ages-a very comfy bed , quiet room at the back of the hostel and nice feel to the place.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Very nice place and friendly staff. Excellent value for money!

• 21st Mar 2015

Nice little hostel not far away from Canterbury East Station. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Excellent, I just needed a place to lay my head for the night while visiting family in Canterbury. I had a friendly welcome and I got my own room which was half the price of the cheapest B and B in the area, tea and coffee facilities were provided in room as well which I didn't expect but was a nice bonus for the morning. I'd 100% stay there again and recommend to anyone.

I couldn't have felt more welcome at Kipps. The staff is incredibly warm and friendly. I was able to leave my bag at reception both before and after my stay so as to explore the city freely. The accommodation is clean and comfortable and for £2.50 the breakfast gives you a great start to your day. I would definitely return to and recommend Kipps!

wonderful atmosphere and service, recommended by heart

• 6th Mar 2015

A great hostel! Just nearby the city center (quick walk), the lady at the recpetion was amazingly kind! (she did a curry for everyone!); nice hostel, clean and tidy, events organized, nice double bed room, i'll definitely recommend it, especially for the staff!

Again my stay at Kipps Canterbury was very pleasant. philip thijsse

• 27th Feb 2015