Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Very nice hostel, about 10 minutes to walk from the city centre, located in a quiet area. Good and cheap breakfast, cosy common rooms, the facilities you would need and a very nice staff. Probably the best place to stay in Canterbury!

Really enjoyed my stay. Comfy clean beds, very good location with little noise from road. Throughly recommended!

• 30th Oct 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• 28th Oct 2015

Loved the cake nights, and the staff trying to get everyone involved and make a community. The Kitchen being closed at lunch was a nuisance

An excellent hostel, really close to town , clean , and very friendly staff. What more could you ask for ?

• 26th Oct 2015

I thought that the room was clean with good shower/WC facilities but perhaps they placed one too many bunk beds in the room (number 12) and this meant that there wasn't much room to place bags beside the beds.

Very friendly and helpful staff. i was worried first when booking that it might be noisy at night but was happy that it was quiet, bed was very comfortable and got a good nights sleep.

• 18th Oct 2015

Fab staff. Really clean n tidy

• 17th Oct 2015

We had a lovely stay here! Staff very accommodating and helpful. Rooms clean. I would highly recommend this place! Car parking easily available.

• 16th Oct 2015

Super cool atmosphere, lovely rooms, great big kitchen, common area and dining area - only complaint would be that there were 4 people in a 9 bedroom room and we were squished into 2 bunkbeds - felt a little unnecessary. Breakfast was £2.50 for continental, not bad. Everything was super clean and in good care though. Big bedside lockers.

Kipps is just a perfect hostel, by perfect, I really mean it. Awesome location, super nice staff, comfortable bed, lovely garden. I've been travelling around, Kipps just feel so good to me. Will definitely recommend for others.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Hong Kong

I had a wonderful time in Kipps Hostel. Room is clean and comfortable. The atmosphere is really nice. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is good. But locker is a little bit too small though. Except that everything else is great!

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Taiwan

We loved our stay here, an easy walk in to town, everyone was super friendly and the beds were actually quite comfortable.

I was booked for three nights but ended up staying only for one. The dormitory had no space for my luggage and the lockers couldn't even fit a computer, let alone any other valuables. I took a nap and woke up to find someone had opened my suitcase and left contents on the floor. I felt very unsafe from this experience and as a woman sharing a room with seven other men. Furthermore I was having an allergic reaction to the sheets or the chemicals used to clean it. I left first thing in the morning

• 24th Sep 2015

Great place to stay! Organized and very happy to help, they have everything you might need. I booked for another 3 weeks and they were happy to find me a bed everytime

• 22nd Sep 2015

Friendly, welcoming hostel with good facilities and an international flavour.

• 18th Sep 2015

Very nice hostel! Kipps knows how to treat their guests. from nightly events to fresh towels everyday. Only super small issues with the WiFi. Stefano is a cool dude!

Pros: nice place with kitchen and dining area. Great out terrace garden. Cons: kitchen only opens from 8am-11pm. Not ideal for an early riser like myself to get a cup of coffee. Room cleaning from 11am-2pm. Can't stay in room during this time too.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Kipps Hostel - staff very pleasant and helpful and it was great being so close to the centre of Canterbury.and all that Canterbury offers the visitor.

• 6th Sep 2015

Great hostel, amazing staff, would recommend.