Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Great stay, super friendly and helpful staff. No security issues, great atmosphere, overall excellent Facilities ok, but very poor internet. Was barely good enough for simple browsing. In bed not enough signal to even connect My only major gripe: forgot to give back room key + pay for 1 breakfast. Immediately at airport, posted key bk after realising. However, they helped themselves to my bank account without so much as a simple reminder. V disappointed with this illegal and unnecessary move

• 14th Jan 2014

Very homely atmosphere. The staff organise some sort of simple social event each evening and it brings people together.Breakfast great value, and self catering area fantastic. THANKYOU!

I had a fantastic stay at this beautiful hostel. Would HIGHLY reccomend it to anyone...! As a single female traveller, I felt safe and the staff were always helpful and steered me in the right direction.

Nice hostel, a little out of the center, but certainly at walking distance. We were able to put our bikes in the garden, away from the street. Free cake as the daily activity in the meeting room. Fair rooms, with little space for the luggage however.

Super clean, super friendly, super welcoming and helpful staff...was like being with family. Thanks guys. Happy New Year

• 16th Dec 2013
  • Wales

Hi, Thank you for your lovely comment and we're very happy that you had a great time with us and hope to see you again in the future! Happy New Year! Kipps Team

There were only two things that threw me off about this hostel. I stayed in a single room, but the room was barely big enough to be a small bathroom. It had enough room for a lamp, a twin bed, and a small sink. The other thing was that there was only one bathroom and shower for the entire hostel. I ended up having to take a "bath" in the sink in my room. Otherwise the hostel was very comfy and located in a pretty decent spot.

• 14th Dec 2013

Very cozy & friendly atmosphere, laid-back and friendly staff, clean & warm room. The only downside were the shared bathroom & toilet, however both were superbly clean. Recommend!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Slovenia

The staff make this hostel, their friendliness is catching and there was an excellent group of people around most evenings. It would be better if the kitchen was open after 12 so you could cook lunch, 2pm is to late. (only bad thing was rude lady in my room on last night but im sure she will get her comeuppance)

Ver friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I stayed in the single room and can recommend it wholeheartedly.

• 29th Nov 2013

Best. Hostel. Ever. The facilities are great, but the staff and the homey atmosphere are what make this place great. Stay here.

The owners go out of their way to make this feel like home. They put on an event every night that gets everyone socializing. When I was there it was free quiche dinner, pretty amazing! The beds are comfy, there's free towels and you'll have a lot of fun! I'll definitely be back.

When people say the best hostel in the country etc I get suspicious, but Kipp's really was the best i ever stayed in. A dvd player with collection, a really lovely big house ad free wifi.

Very nice stay. Good staff.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Spain

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Kipps Canterbury. The hostel pays a lot of attention to cleanliness and the staff is very helpful. Although it is not located in the very center, all points of interest are quite near. Certainly a place I would recommend.

We just stayed one night there, but we really enjoyed our stay. Atmosphere is great, everything is very clean and the kitchen is big and well equipped. The whole property is very cozy, you eat your breakfast in a winter garden and you can even go out and eat in the backyard. Staff is very friendly and helpful as well. To get into the city center/bus station you have to walk 7-10 minutes, but that was totally fine for us. We'd definitely stay there again (even if the beds are squealing a bit)

• 25th Oct 2013

Tanks for having us. It was a great stay and the perfect ending of our South-England-Roadtrip. We'll be back again, thats for sure! Thanks again and take care.

• 10th Oct 2013

I stayed here for one night during a bicycle trip to London, in a single room, which was small but very comfy (lots of pillows, tea, sink). I could safely store my bike in the garden and the staff was very friendly helping me to clean and dry my clothes. I'd definitely recommend it.

Superb stay. Only there for one brief night but the staff were lovely and attentive, all the facilities you could need and even free cake passed round on a dark and stormy night. They weren't just providing a bunk and internet access for the night, instead they really went out of there way to make a pleasant, sociable, friendly atmosphere. Best hostel I've ever stayed with.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Very friendly atmosphere among guests and staff and comfortable. Quite close to the station which is good. Kitchen dining and lounge feel homey.and the garden beautiful. Needs an 'engaged' sign for toilets and shower. The place was cleaned every morning from 11 am which is also very good. All in all a good stay. Wifi was excellent!

The staff here are absolutely amazing. Even when I came to the Hostel and had sprained my ankle the girl made sure that I was ok the following days and that I had something cold to reduce the swelling. Super friendly, always asked about our plans and gave little tips and information when they could. Even when there were big groups staying at the hostel they always made sure you were taken care of :)

• 30th Sep 2013