Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Really great and comfortable stay. The staff were very welcoming, gave us a great tour of the building even though we were only staying one night. Would definitely stay here again if/when we visit Canterbury again.

• 29th Aug 2015

Great Staff, good atmosphere and clean.

Hostel was great, man on arrival was incredibly accommodating. Lovely cute hostel, just outside of the city centre- a nice walk!

Only arrived at the accommodation late on Saturday night and left early Sunday morning but found it to be clean and had a chilled atmosphere.Staff were friendly and efficient.Very reasonable price and the facilities adequate for the purpose of our stay in Canterbury My travel companion commented on how comfortable his bed was.Would definitely stay at Kipps again if ever in Canterbury.

• 15th Aug 2015

It was a beautiful property!

• 15th Aug 2015

It was a very, very kindly staff und we`ve enjoyed our stay

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I could park my motorcycle just in font of the hostel. Nice and clean the kitchen and the room.

• 12th Aug 2015

We are a family of 6 who were on our way to the south of France, by car when we boke down. We had to stay in Canterbury over night. Being 49, its a long time since I've stayed in a backpacker's hostel and never in the UK. Kipps were brilliant, they gave us an 8 bed dorm to ourselves, were great with the kids and teenagers. The beds were spotless, lots of hot water, lovely garden and the staff cheered-up stressed, hot and grumpy travellers who were expecting to be on a ferry to France. Great find

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Very friendly staff, it's not an hostel, it's a very big family! I felt like at home!

• 11th Aug 2015

Nice building with several floors stacked one on top of the other, with a lovely garden for summer breakfasts. Enjoyed the one night we stayed there!

• 8th Aug 2015

We had a lovely stay at Kipp's! Very helpfull staff and extremely clean (bath)rooms. A great kitchen to cook in aswell. And that garden, amazing! The location is a bit outside the center but it's actually nice and quiet that way. One of the best hostels I ever stayed in.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

I stayed at Kipps several years ago, so I knew what to expect: a friendly staff, comfortable facilities, and easy access to Canterbury's many attractions.

• 7th Aug 2015

A nice hostel, well located and well laid-out. The staff are helpful and the costs reasonable.

It's a lovely and very clean place. Although I had towels with me, I really appreciated clean towels. I also very much appreciated the fact that you put sweets on the pillow. It felt so traditional and homey and that's really important when travelling around for a longer period of time. Thank you for the most lovely service!

This hostel is the best I've stayed in all over Europe. I was tired and lost. The staff made dinner and cake. Amazing atmosphere and people! Would love to come back stay for longer!

Excellent cheap and cheerful hostel. Nice staff and great location.

• 14th Jul 2015

Such a lovely hostel! Staff are incredibly friendly & and we got to have some really great conversations. The rooms & toilets are clean & comfortable. There are lockers, & you can get a padlock from the front desk. The hostel is pretty quiet; he type of people who stay here seem to be professionals, which makes for some great conversations with interesting folks over breakfast! Only downside is that location is a little bit of a walk away from the city centre, but not a huge deal really.

Nice place, friendly helpful staff - for travellers and back-packers, it's a great place to stay. TV didn't have all the channels and instructions were in Polish so I couldn't retune it, but that's a minor detail!

• 11th Jul 2015

Great place to stay. Very friendly atmosphere and relaxed setting

This one of the best independent hostels in the UK. Superb value for money. Better than Kipps of Brighton