Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Very friendly family-run hostel. There are activities/free food most nights., plenty of power-points in rooms, very clean and well-kept, was more like a gourmet hostel. Location wasn't the greatest but only a 10min walk into the town, and 20min to the main train station. The biggest highlight for me was that the reception man carried my heavy backpack up the stairs for me! I would happily stay again

One of the best hostel I've stayed in UK. Location is a bit far off from town, but after a 20-30 mins stroll you get rewarded by a clean bed and a clean bathroom!

A great hostel, with friendly and welcoming staff. I was there as a group of 14, to attend a beer festival, and it was perfect for us. (not a rowdy bunch) Would stay there again.

• 20th Jul 2013

It is my first time have a treat in a hostel. They hold different activities every night at 8pm to gather people to chat friendly. The staff are very kind and passionate! In the backyard, you will find a lovely garden with beautiful flowers and bees. The bed is clean and tidy. I live in 3rd floor, the bathroom has a bit leak and warm water came out slow. They offer free towel, locker. You can pay 2 pounds for a lovely breakfast which is good for value! It would be nice if they have female dome.

Canterbury is bit nothing to do really. But this hostel is awesome. Staffs were very kind, nice, helpful and fun! Its little far from east station but easy to find. Definitely want to stay again.

An excellent stay and very accommodating for our group of 10.

• 10th Jul 2013

Clean, comfortable, charming, short walk to town, lovely garden, friendly place, welcoming. Would definately stay again.

• 8th Jul 2013

I really liked the stay in the hostel because of its location and atmosphere and in particular the hospitality. I would always consider coming back because it's homelike and the staff very frankly.

• 8th Jul 2013

I had a wonderful experience at the hostel. I was greeted at the door with a beaming smile and felt genuine welcome. I arrived around tea time and was invited to share with others a light evening meal....it was nice to be around a long table talking with others from accross the globe. I cannot tell how both Shaun and Carmen made me feel welcome. I needed help with finding a local start point for a cycle ride I had read about. I had a lovely time and would recommend this hostel to anyone.

Was in a big dorm room (approximately 12 beds). However, there were only two people in the room (including me), so was very enjoyable but likely the exception not the rule. New renos in room. VERY clean. Includes a towel (nice!). Friendly and helpful staff. A short hike from the historic town centre.

Absolutely fabu! A staff so kind a such a nice place to stay!

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Denmark

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in the UK. Helpful and cheerful staff, nice garden and clean room, all of which create a really warm atmosphere.

• 30th Jun 2013
  • Japan

wonderful hostel with wonderful staff! the rooms are nice and for about £2 you also get a buffet breakfast (with scones) - definitively worth getting! they also keep your luggage for you after check-out so you can continue to explore Canterbury. Last but not least you get free tea (and maybe coffee, I don't remember...) and they have a lovely garden! great experience overall

• 27th Jun 2013

Super hostel. They even took care of my car and let it park in their spot days before I myself spent the night!!

I am 58 years old and was very reluctant to stay in a backpackers' hostel. I tried it and it was EXCELLENT! I had a single room, no noise, a lot of friendly talk, nice kitchen and living room - I would go again!

• 23rd Jun 2013
  • Hungary

Kipps Hostel excels in atmosphere generated by genuinely warm and hospitable staff and guests. I enjoyed my morning cuppa in the delightful garden, created by the staff who also offer complimentary seasonal home-made goodies in the evenings. A very pleasant and easy-going place to stay.

Food... different vegetables would be nice.

• 23rd Jun 2013
  • Estonia

Very friendly staff, great breakfast, wonderful garden. Unfortunately there is just one combined shower/toilet ensuite and one shared shower and toilet, which is too little for all the guests. Furthermore the breakfast is not included.

The hostel is in a good location, just a ten minute walk to the centre of Canterbury and very close to the bus station and east train station. The staff are very helpful and friendly and organised events for guests every evening. There is a beautiful lounge, kitchen and garden. The hostel is really clean and quite homely. There is free wifi but I did have trouble connecting to it. Fortunately, there was a computer available which was free to use.

Very nice stay here...the managers were very friendly.

• 14th Jun 2013