Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Very nice stay. Good staff.

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Spain

We definitely enjoyed our stay at Kipps Canterbury. The hostel pays a lot of attention to cleanliness and the staff is very helpful. Although it is not located in the very center, all points of interest are quite near. Certainly a place I would recommend.

We just stayed one night there, but we really enjoyed our stay. Atmosphere is great, everything is very clean and the kitchen is big and well equipped. The whole property is very cozy, you eat your breakfast in a winter garden and you can even go out and eat in the backyard. Staff is very friendly and helpful as well. To get into the city center/bus station you have to walk 7-10 minutes, but that was totally fine for us. We'd definitely stay there again (even if the beds are squealing a bit)

• 25th Oct 2013

Tanks for having us. It was a great stay and the perfect ending of our South-England-Roadtrip. We'll be back again, thats for sure! Thanks again and take care.

• 10th Oct 2013

I stayed here for one night during a bicycle trip to London, in a single room, which was small but very comfy (lots of pillows, tea, sink). I could safely store my bike in the garden and the staff was very friendly helping me to clean and dry my clothes. I'd definitely recommend it.

Superb stay. Only there for one brief night but the staff were lovely and attentive, all the facilities you could need and even free cake passed round on a dark and stormy night. They weren't just providing a bunk and internet access for the night, instead they really went out of there way to make a pleasant, sociable, friendly atmosphere. Best hostel I've ever stayed with.

• 3rd Oct 2013

Very friendly atmosphere among guests and staff and comfortable. Quite close to the station which is good. Kitchen dining and lounge feel homey.and the garden beautiful. Needs an 'engaged' sign for toilets and shower. The place was cleaned every morning from 11 am which is also very good. All in all a good stay. Wifi was excellent!

The staff here are absolutely amazing. Even when I came to the Hostel and had sprained my ankle the girl made sure that I was ok the following days and that I had something cold to reduce the swelling. Super friendly, always asked about our plans and gave little tips and information when they could. Even when there were big groups staying at the hostel they always made sure you were taken care of :)

• 30th Sep 2013

We had an absolutely amazing stay with kipps hostel. The location is great- the area is a few minutes walk from downtown Canterbury and very quiet. The staff are extremely friendly and more than happy to help at any time. The room was clean, comfortable and breakfast was really delish! A must go if you're ever in Canterbury!

• 28th Sep 2013

I only stayed for one night while passing trough Canterbury and didn't have the time to discover the city. After I left I almost immediately decided that I should go back one day and spend more time in Canterbury. Without doubt would pick Kipps again to spend the nights, it's a very friendly and welcoming place with a very enjoyable atmosphere. 10/10 !

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Belgium

This was just a quick visit but I'm planning to return. Have never been to a backpackers place before and was very pleasantly surprised!! The location was excellent, as were the staff - very friendly and helpful. Everything spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee in room and kitchen - was surprised by this. A different social activity every evening - Pancakes, Coffee and cake, a walk round the city. Nice and quiet too. Thoroughly recommend this place.

• 17th Sep 2013

Really lovely welcoming staff- lovely rooms and a great community atmosphere. Sad I couldn't stay for more than one night!

This was a great hostel, a short walk from both train stations and the Cantebury High Street. It is great value for money and had a lovely atmosphere when I stayed. I was there for one night prior to a job interview and had a single private room that was decorated very nicely and very clean. I had a great nights sleep and can also recommend paying the extra for breakfast as it was fresh and there was plenty to choose from. I also got involedv with some of the activities and recommend those too.

• 16th Sep 2013

great facility, staff, and location!

• 15th Sep 2013

I have many thanks to give to Kipps for welcoming me to Canterbury and making me feel at home. The staff is incredibly friendly, fun and comfortable to be around. The hostel is kept immaculate. The services provided go above and beyond what I've ever experienced from a hostel.

This is for sure one of the best of hostels I've stayed at. The facilities of the hostel are really good, they have a really nice garden. The staff is amazingly kind and makes an effort the create an a good social atmosphere. Thank you so much for everything.

Excellent staff

• 6th Sep 2013

Very friendly staff and beautiful house and garden; we had a lovely stay and will definitely stay again!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Wales

The hostel is close to the bus station and easy to find. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The kitchen and dorms are closed between 11 and 2 for cleaning. This is a bit inconveinient but means the place is thoroughly cleaned everyday. You also get clean towels everyday so no need to use your own. I reccomend this hostel to anyone and would definitly go back. Thanks Kipps.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Compliments to the staff. Tey ware realy able to create a uniique atmosphere, very helpfull, very open and lovely!

• 22nd Aug 2013