Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

I only stayed for one night while passing trough Canterbury and didn't have the time to discover the city. After I left I almost immediately decided that I should go back one day and spend more time in Canterbury. Without doubt would pick Kipps again to spend the nights, it's a very friendly and welcoming place with a very enjoyable atmosphere. 10/10 !

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Belgium

This was just a quick visit but I'm planning to return. Have never been to a backpackers place before and was very pleasantly surprised!! The location was excellent, as were the staff - very friendly and helpful. Everything spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee in room and kitchen - was surprised by this. A different social activity every evening - Pancakes, Coffee and cake, a walk round the city. Nice and quiet too. Thoroughly recommend this place.

• 17th Sep 2013

Really lovely welcoming staff- lovely rooms and a great community atmosphere. Sad I couldn't stay for more than one night!

This was a great hostel, a short walk from both train stations and the Cantebury High Street. It is great value for money and had a lovely atmosphere when I stayed. I was there for one night prior to a job interview and had a single private room that was decorated very nicely and very clean. I had a great nights sleep and can also recommend paying the extra for breakfast as it was fresh and there was plenty to choose from. I also got involedv with some of the activities and recommend those too.

• 16th Sep 2013

great facility, staff, and location!

• 15th Sep 2013

I have many thanks to give to Kipps for welcoming me to Canterbury and making me feel at home. The staff is incredibly friendly, fun and comfortable to be around. The hostel is kept immaculate. The services provided go above and beyond what I've ever experienced from a hostel.

This is for sure one of the best of hostels I've stayed at. The facilities of the hostel are really good, they have a really nice garden. The staff is amazingly kind and makes an effort the create an a good social atmosphere. Thank you so much for everything.

Excellent staff

• 6th Sep 2013

Very friendly staff and beautiful house and garden; we had a lovely stay and will definitely stay again!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Wales

The hostel is close to the bus station and easy to find. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The kitchen and dorms are closed between 11 and 2 for cleaning. This is a bit inconveinient but means the place is thoroughly cleaned everyday. You also get clean towels everyday so no need to use your own. I reccomend this hostel to anyone and would definitly go back. Thanks Kipps.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Compliments to the staff. Tey ware realy able to create a uniique atmosphere, very helpfull, very open and lovely!

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

It was an amazing hostel. The people there were so nice. I would go back.

PILAR, CARMEN AND THE REST OF THE TEAM ARE THE BEST, I AM DELIGHTED WITH THE SERVICE AND NOW YOU HAVE SPOKEN TO MY FRIENDS BECAUSE KIPPS WAS A VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE ... PILAR CARMEN Y EL RESTO DEL EQUIPO SON LOS MEJORES, ESTOY ENCANTADO CON EL SERVICIO Y YA LE HE HABLADO A MIS AMIGOS DE KIPPS YA QUE FUE UNA MUY BUENA EXPERIENCIA...

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Super friendly staffs and very clean facilities. I really liked the lovely garden to have a coffee or wine to relax. Though you need to walk a bit from the center of the town, it was not a big disadvantage for me.

Not far from the city center (that's a 10 minutes walk) The room was nice, breakfast is good, and the owners are very nice people.

• 12th Aug 2013

I never have left a comment about a hostel but due to the great service and the kindness of the personal and the owner I am doing it. Thank you for make my visit to Canterbury more pleasant! Really!!!!

• 9th Aug 2013
  • Spain

Very Pleasant stay, the staff were incrdibly nice and hospitable. Made us feel very welcome, will visit again when In Kent again.

• 9th Aug 2013

Very nice stay. I feel like in a family, you speak and go out with everybody.

Me and my sister are really happy of our stay in Kipps. The staff is great and welcoming. We will be back soon.

• 5th Aug 2013

It was the second time we stayed in this hostel. We got the same room as two years ago and found it nicely redecorated. The backgarden is charming and lovely to sit in. The hostel is only a 5 minute walk from the old centre of Canterbury, which is perfect.

• 5th Aug 2013