Kipps Hostel Canterbury Reviews

40 Nunnery Fields, Canterbury, England

Absolutely amazing hostel, will definitely be staying there again.

The hostel was clean and welcoming, really good if you want a quiet place to stay. The value was good as well. The breakfast is extra, and would be good value if you're really hungry (as it's unlimited for a set price), but less good if you have special dietary requirements (which is understandable). Close to the town centre as well.

The Staff was very friendly and the bedroom very good and the badroom very clean. The washing facilities were excellent. The Kipps Hostel is a very good accommodation for a long visit in Canterbury.

Super cute hostel, great kitchen, and awesome staff! No free breakfast, but the evening snack (when I was there we had tea and cake one night, then cheese and crackers) made up for that. The shower attached to our room was nice and hot, ad towels were provided. Also, comfoest hostel bed I've ever slept in! Only fault was that the lockers in the room were small and didnt work very well, and the key to my room was really sticky.

The Kipps Staff was very friendly and helpfull. The bedroom and badroom were very cleanly. All other I had writting in my another rewiew.

excellent allround, second time staying here and stayed in both dorm and single room, top notch as before :)

Limited parking space. Expensive for a dorm like that.

• 30th May 2015
  • Malaysia

The security is average, but i'd like to have bigger lockers. Atmosphere was great, decorations too, but unfortunately I couldn't enjoy the living room, for example, or even my bedroom because there was a group of teenagers very noisy; I understand they're kids, so I didn't complain, but it would be better without them... Anyway, they have to be hosted anywhere, and this time it was on the same hostel as me. I really understand

• 28th May 2015
  • Spain

A lovely welcome on arrival and a lovely atmosphere felt straight away. Was also great to meet other travelers like myself, english and international. I hope to come again and have already recomended the place to others! Thank you for a comfortable nights sleep! Impressed with the helpfulness of the staff, the cleanlyness of the facilities, and most of all the (more than) affordable price!

• 27th May 2015

I had a wonderful stay, it was very friendly and clean. Would come back at any time! Nice breakfast and common rooms, free books/ magazines/ internet access.

We are a group of 8 students who wanted to walk the first stage of the pilgrim way towards Rome, the so called "French way". We arrived to Canterbury late in the evening (around 10 p.m.) and, after a quick check-in, we were provided by a very helpful staff with a cup of tea or camomile and with all the instructions for getting at the beginning of the pilgrim way towards Dover. The way actually starts a few minutes away from the hostel, so that its location was perfect too.

We found Kipps to be a very basic, but friendly, cheerful and good-value hostel. Nothing spectacular, but exactly as advertised and perfectly comfortable and clean. It was quiet at night as well and the bed was comfy. The staff were helpful, letting us leave our bags both before check-in and after check-out and helping us figure out the best way to get to Whitstable.

• 24th May 2015

Thank you for a lovely stay. Kirstie & Laura

• 23rd May 2015

The hostel is a lovely, old house with real wooden floors and lovely decor. Everything was well looked after and clean. The beds were very comfortable, the kitchen was the nicest I've seen in a hostel, and the communal areas were nice to relax in. Breakfast was a nice touch, I would rather it was free (costs £2.50) but there was a good selection of scones, crumpets etc. The only negative really is that there were only 2 parking spots, which can make things awkward if you drive.

I think that this might be the best run hostels I've ever stayed in, and I've been staying in hostels while traveling many times over the past 40 years. The single room I stayed in was nicer and so much cheaper than the hotels my family stayed in where they couldn't even open the windows. The wonderfully landscaped, flower filled and sunny garden was an extra bonus and a great place to eat their great value breakfasts.

• 21st May 2015

Wonderful hostel - clean, amazing facilities, very friendly staff and a great location. Basically everything you would expect from a hotel (apart from a private bathroom) but less than half the price. Will definitely recommend

• 21st May 2015

I had a fantastic stay at Kipps. The staff were so welcoming and helpful - Carmen even arranged a tour when I came to ask her about what to see in Canterbury so that we could view the city by night, really fun! And the garden is especially lovely, I would highly recommend taking some time to have tea there on a sunny day. I definitely plan on returning! :)

Fantastic staff that really made it an enjoyable experience.

• 18th May 2015

Nice interior, perhaps a bit crowded, but very good staff who are helpful. FREE food in the evening too.

This must have been my fifth time in total at Kipps'. It is still my favourite place to stay in Kent. Great atmosphere, staff going out of their way to make one's stay pleasant, and NO NOISE after 11 PM, so that a good night's rest is virtually always ensured. I'll be there again!

• 14th May 2015