Kismet Dao Hostel Reviews

Neagoe Basarab no 8, Brasov, Romania

Great hostel, liked it and Brasov so much that I extended my stay! Great common area in the basement, and excellent kitchen facilities. Only complaint was the not-so-great shower and bathroom facilities.

Really great hostel. The staff are ultra gracious and helpful and the facilities are fantastic. Well-equipped kitchen, huge common area away from rooms so you can talk and party and watch movies late into the night without disturbing people. Showers and bathrooms were great and the 2 free drink tickets on arrival were a nice bonus. Thanks so much.

Amazing hostel with good facilities and super friendly staff. Sebastian made us feel at home from day one, taking us up the mountain for a ski trip. We came in as travellers and left as friends. Because of him we want to come back this summer! The hostel is kept very clean and de 24/7 reception makes you feel safe and cared for. Brasov is a place in Romania you cant skip!! We added 3 more nights to our 3 night booking because we liked it so much!

• 13th Jan 2015

A few minutes of walk away from the city centre this hostel is a good choice to spend a night in the cold winter of Brasov. Breakfast is included.

One of the best hostels, I have ever stayed. Really helpful staff, excellent location in a quiet neighbourhood, spotless rooms, all of these make it a nice choice to stay in Brasov. Also, they organise day trips to a number of castles, which is awesome! Would like to stay there again.

The was good accept the first recepcionist with the piercing in the nose. She was annoying. The other member s of the staff were excellent. The cleaning lady cleans the facilitis all the time. The roommates were more than great. We had a blast. The atmosphere was really good and the kitchen was fully equipped. We loved the dog Sarah. She was amazing.

The place is charming, good location, excelent personel and beautiful instalations. Comfy beds, the only bad thing my room didn't have heating or it was broken but they had extra blankets. It was nice staying there :)

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Was a flying visit, but a great and very friendly hostel.

This was one of my favorite hostels of all time! It felt so cozy and snuggly and had such a great vibe. The woman who checked us in (and also worked a 24 shift!) was SO nice and helpful and we loved her. The only minor downfall was that the wifi did not work for my friend or me. But we had such a wonderful stay there that it didn't matter. Plus Zara, the dog, is a fun asset!! Would definitely stay there again!!

Best place to stay in Brasov! The breakfast is a little limited as it is just cereal but its still free so you can't really complain. Really frienly, quirky staff and a really nice dog.The rooms are very spacious and only 5 mins walk to the old town

Cozy hostel with friendly staff.

Stayed here 4 nights in 8 bed dorm, as they had the 3 for 4 offer. Free drinks per paid night were yummy. Staff was really nice. Big lounge downstairs for movies and hanging out. Short walk from center....8 minutes? Eat Covrigi Visine!!! Brekky being just cereal and coffee is only thing to improve.

I have never been at a better hostel. The bathrooms, kitchen and everything about this hostel was awesome, especially the staff! I was sitting downstairs watching a movie infront of the heater, and the staff came down and tucked me in all cozy.. I'm 20 and it was probably the best thing after being away from home for a couple months hah! Highly reccomend! Loved it.!

This place was great. The staff was so accommodating and attentive. Fun environment. The dog is awesome. I will definitely be back.

Friendly staff always around to answer questions. Wifi wasn't working properly while I was there which was a little frustrating. There's not much around the hostel except kebab places but if you walk 10-15 min you get to some more restaurants and shops. Heating wasn't working in our room and it was 2 degrees but they did have loads of blankets. Overall a nice hostel.

great place

This hostel is super-friggin-duper. It made my time in Brasov. Staff was absolutely lovely and there was a dog! Movie collection was admirable and seating for movie watching was most pleasant. I was satisfied with the breakfast and very happy that it was offered no matter when you woke up and was not stopped serving at some crazy early hour like 10 a.m.

Great hostel, amazing staff!! Had a lovely stay at Kismet, the staff was extremely nice and helpful and the owner was great at helping me solve a booking mistake, overall a great hostel!

Was a really chill place with a lot of interesting backpackers. Sebastien was an awesome host. It's a nice place and is well located if you plan on doing some hikes around.

Fun atmosphere, with a variety of hang out areas. Breakfast was very dull.

• 6th Nov 2014