Kismet Dao Hostel Reviews

Neagoe Basarab no 8, Brasov, Romania

It a nice place, very close to the city centre. Clean, quiet. The kitchen is spacious. There is also a terrace outside. Do not be afraid to go to this hostel.

Well, I had a great stay here. But I have to tell you that the location was not the best. Far from the downtown, I mean, it's a 10 min walk, but for a small town like Brasov is far, believe me. And for me I thought a little bit expensive, but that's my opinion!

I want to thank Sebastian for his assistance. He recognized me from last year, as soon as I arrived. He is always helpful and in a good mood. Brasov has become a favorite city for me, and Kismet Dao is one of the reasons. I have stayed at some other guesthouses in Brasov, before finding Kismet Dao. There is no comparison. Book them early. ( I have over seven years of travel, and seldom recommend ...anything.)

This is an absolutely amazing hostel. The staff go out of their way to help you. There are huge lockers in the rooms for free, so it feels completely safe and secure. Breakfast was pretty basic, but good, and it was a great place to meet other travellers. Definitely recommend staying at the hostel when you're in Brasov!

This is a great place to stay! I would definitely reccommend! Very clean and helpful and friendly staff! Also orgNised a cjeap tour with them, it was great! Awesome free breakfast as well and comfy bed and common area.

Friendly and helpful staff, we took the day tour that went to three castles (Bran, Rasnov and Peles for 80 Lei, transport only) and it was a super easy way to see all three in a day. Had to wait a little bit for the bathroom, but other than that everything was great. Big common room to lounge in. Had a great stay!

Great hostel with a very helpful staff and spacious rooms. Its locations is okay for the city of Brasov (quite a walk from the train station, but relatively close to the old town (which is even further away from the train station)).

Best hostel I've been to!

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Austria

Great hostel, mostly because of Bianca, our favorite staff member of all time. Huge rooms and nice common room. Great location as well. Did I mention that Bianca is awesome?

By far my fave hostel! I Love bianca the staff member!

I love this place!! So many Amazing things! Great staff (including Vara the dog) all were funny helpful and kind! Free beer each night you stay.y 4th night was free...bathrooms great. Wonderful tours. Great location. Easy walk to the bus station, a good pub and cheap kebab. My only complaint in my 5 nights is it was cold inside. I had a hard time sleeping and couldn't really hang in the chill room. Thank goodness for the space heater, which helped but was not sufficient. Otherwise awesome!

• 23rd Mar 2015

Very clean hostel with a homey atmosphere. I loved the hostel dog as well as the complimentary beer!

A good location within Brasov itself. A very friendly and helpful female member of staff, which was not matched at all by the guy who worked there. Decent accommodation and would recommend.

Great hostel with really lovely staff who were as helpful as you needed them to be! Perfect location that is within walkable distance from the train station (if you have a backpack and don't mind a bit of a stoll!) and super close to the Old Town area! Wish we could have stayed extra days in Brasov, it's a lovely place and this is a lovely hostel :)

Awesome hostel - awesome staff- awesome dog. Highly recommend staying here!!

Good hostel close to the citycenter. Big lockers, ok beds and wonderfull staff. Bath could need a renovation but all in all a good place to stay.

Good Hostel. Some cereals for free breakfast, 10 minutes to the centre by walk, clean rooms and showers and a good atmosphere at the common rooms. Sadly, wifi is just available in the reception area, but not in the room and also not in the common room or kitchen.

7min. from the center/ clean rooms/cornflakes with milk for breakfast/ friendly and helpful staff/ you have to keep the key with you all time/bad tv/ space for cars around it.

What I like the most in this hostel was the cleanliness and a really good space in the dorms. You can move in the dorms and that's very important. It is well located from the center and you can reach all the main sights by walking. Two bad things: the showers are in a different floor where rooms are located and the breakfast, included, it's a lie. Coffee, milk and cereal. But if you don`t eat cereal, you´re lost. If you don't mind these things, then this is your place in Brasov.

Very nice staff, listen to what they say !

• 26th Feb 2015