Kiwi Airport Backpackers Reviews

144 McKenzie Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

we arrived Kiwi Airport Backpackers at about 12 and we were told we had to wait 2 hours till we could check in at 2pm. The problem was that we couldn´t stay at the lobby or common area. It was raining and the reception closses at lunch time. So we had to go to the only restaurant near there and spend money . Also they charge you 2 dollars per bag if you want to storage your laguage while you are out BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOWHERE TO STAY!!! The room was smelly , the bathroom is old. Not a nice place.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

If you're looking to spend 3x the normal price for a hostel where you will be treated like the scum of the earth, this is your place. They have a hotel, motel, and a hostel all in one convienient location. They claim to offer free wifi and shuttles to the airport, but that is not for the hostel. You'll be charged $5 for each. I paid $100 for nothing but a twin bed (which is assigned). They wouldn't even let us purchase towels to use. Staff was horribly rude to anyone staying in the hostel.

• 14th Mar 2015

It is what it is. A place near the airport. Dont expect anything more. Free shuttle bus too the airport was a nice touch. It isnt the most filthy place ever. Its generally clean but just very basic. Take your flip flops in the shower.

Small dorms, not enough space for the luggage. Kitchen looks like a bomb were there. Smelly rooms at night.

• 28th Jan 2015

Social area way to small. 5$ for airport pick up. 5$ for Wi-Fi access (500mb). Kitchen clean, only space for one person at a time to prepare food thou. Not a social hostel atmosphere, no decorations, professional. The place is more geared to keeping attached hotel guests happy. Good place if you need to sleep and catch a flight early in the morning.

Stayed just for 1 night. Everything was okay. I had everything I needed after 3 flights of overall time of 24 h. Best option for those, who use Auckland just as temporary base between flights.

I was very unhappy with my stay at this hostel, my flight arrived in at 4am and when I rang for shuttle service - I was rudely told that there was nowhere I could hang out at the hostel and couldn't check in until 2pm that day meaning I spent 10 hours in the airport. As a hostel close to the airport, the least they could do is accomadate guests when they arrive at airport. Very disappointing and unhelpful staff.