Kiwi Airport Backpackers Reviews

144 McKenzie Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

Social area way to small. 5$ for airport pick up. 5$ for Wi-Fi access (500mb). Kitchen clean, only space for one person at a time to prepare food thou. Not a social hostel atmosphere, no decorations, professional. The place is more geared to keeping attached hotel guests happy. Good place if you need to sleep and catch a flight early in the morning.

Stayed just for 1 night. Everything was okay. I had everything I needed after 3 flights of overall time of 24 h. Best option for those, who use Auckland just as temporary base between flights.

I was very unhappy with my stay at this hostel, my flight arrived in at 4am and when I rang for shuttle service - I was rudely told that there was nowhere I could hang out at the hostel and couldn't check in until 2pm that day meaning I spent 10 hours in the airport. As a hostel close to the airport, the least they could do is accomadate guests when they arrive at airport. Very disappointing and unhelpful staff.

Hostel Price was avg, but then they charged me $5 NZ for a ride to and from the airport (which totaled to $10), Room had 5 beds (2 bunk beds and 1 single bed). The single bed was "stuffed" in there in an effort to attain more revenue, but it made the room really cramped. More shelving and/or a desk would have been nice instead. I did like the electronic lock system. BUT--I got bit by bed bugs and they did not put the normal 2 sheets on the bed, only a sheet and a blanket!

Simple and close to the airport, not much space in the dorms and noisy doors.

everything was broken in the place.. there was no hot water at all after continuosly ..complaining nothing was done...its not really a back packers at all.. its just a block with rooms in an old motel..had to pay for wifi and if you had to store your bag whisl twaiting to go you had to pay as well... ladies in the front were nice enough .. will never stay here again...just a bed for the night and nothing else... big fail