Kiwi Airport Backpackers Reviews

144 McKenzie Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

For staying near the airport for a night is this a good choice. I recommend to the Backpackers Hostel that a thicker blanket would be nice.

All a bit bare bones, the atmosphere probably changes, though when I was there everyone was very chatty, either through excitement at going home, or deferring the misery of same. The beds are comfortable, the staff very friendly and (at least for us that night) gave out a free 200mb wifi voucher which is neat. There's a shop and restaurants nearby; not an amazing selection, but enough to get you through.

This is a stop gap hostel for people travelling through Auckland airport. As such it has no atmosphere but the place is clean and facilities are basic but adequate to stay one night, if staying longer or to visit Auckland I'd recommend to stay downtown

Had the doorhandle of my dorm room in my hands fisrt time I entered the place, even so I informed the staff it wasn't fixed when I left 5 days later. I booked a girls dorm and on one of the nights was a boy put in to the room... The male staffmember at reception was just rude and arrogant. The female was quit nice though. It's alright for a night but don't recommend to stay longer, unless you have to.

If you need to stay somewhere close to the airport and don't plan on spending any time here, this is ok. Otherwise I'd definitely recommend a place in the city.