Kiwi Airport Backpackers Reviews

144 McKenzie Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

everything was broken in the place.. there was no hot water at all after continuosly ..complaining nothing was done...its not really a back packers at all.. its just a block with rooms in an old motel..had to pay for wifi and if you had to store your bag whisl twaiting to go you had to pay as well... ladies in the front were nice enough .. will never stay here again...just a bed for the night and nothing else... big fail

Arrived shortly before midnight from an overseas flight and was told that there is no hot water available after a long day at work and an international flight pretty poor. I checked out and still no hot water, no shower. They have not put enough efforts in fixing this issue. Good for one night from or to airport.

• 20th May 2014

The stuff wasn't helpful, not at all. This was the worst service I ever had. They confuse you with wrong information and at the end you have to pay extra money. We planned to cancel one of our nights and we rang the hostel. The lady from the reception told us to ring hostelworld.com, as we booked with this website. We did this, we called hostelworld and we wrote an email, just to realise that they tricked us. The right way to cancel a night is calling the hostel (WHAT WE DID).

• 28th Apr 2014

The employees working reception seemed a bit abrasive and impatient toward me. Also, the door lock on the women's Dorm room stopped working and the handle fell off. It was fixed, but it took about three hours, so I was stuck sitting around the hostel waiting for that so I could get my things from the room.

• 30th Mar 2014

For staying near the airport for a night is this a good choice. I recommend to the Backpackers Hostel that a thicker blanket would be nice.

All a bit bare bones, the atmosphere probably changes, though when I was there everyone was very chatty, either through excitement at going home, or deferring the misery of same. The beds are comfortable, the staff very friendly and (at least for us that night) gave out a free 200mb wifi voucher which is neat. There's a shop and restaurants nearby; not an amazing selection, but enough to get you through.

This is a stop gap hostel for people travelling through Auckland airport. As such it has no atmosphere but the place is clean and facilities are basic but adequate to stay one night, if staying longer or to visit Auckland I'd recommend to stay downtown

Had the doorhandle of my dorm room in my hands fisrt time I entered the place, even so I informed the staff it wasn't fixed when I left 5 days later. I booked a girls dorm and on one of the nights was a boy put in to the room... The male staffmember at reception was just rude and arrogant. The female was quit nice though. It's alright for a night but don't recommend to stay longer, unless you have to.