Kiwi Airport Backpackers Reviews

144 McKenzie Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

Hostel is in a good location to the airport, $5 transfer (and a $5-6 bus to Auckland City) NO LOCKERS in the dorms at all, we stayed in the 7-bed and my girlfriend had her purse stolen because of it (thousands of $$ spent on her cards too). There was a definite theif in the room (she was acting really suspicous) and we stayed on high alert the whole time - she was a local and no luggage - suspicious? YES. Average facilities that you'd expect anywhere. Itchy, unwashed wool blanket too.

• 11th Apr 2015

I only stayed for one night and the hostel is perfectly fine if you're just planning on an overnighter to get somewhere early the next day. No lockers though!

On arrival the staff member who checked me in was extremely rude. On arrival in my room i struggled to get my bag through the extremely small gap between the bunks. The fact that only a blanket and no top sheet was provided was gross, how is that hygienic. The bathrooms had broken taps and the walls were falling apart. The only good thing was the nice people who were staying at the hostel, there was nothing else going for the place apart from its location. Disgusting i will never stay again.

• 8th Apr 2015

I wish some sort of mats were out when getting out of the shower. I almost fell from the slippery floor!

we arrived Kiwi Airport Backpackers at about 12 and we were told we had to wait 2 hours till we could check in at 2pm. The problem was that we couldn´t stay at the lobby or common area. It was raining and the reception closses at lunch time. So we had to go to the only restaurant near there and spend money . Also they charge you 2 dollars per bag if you want to storage your laguage while you are out BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOWHERE TO STAY!!! The room was smelly , the bathroom is old. Not a nice place.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Argentina

If you're looking to spend 3x the normal price for a hostel where you will be treated like the scum of the earth, this is your place. They have a hotel, motel, and a hostel all in one convienient location. They claim to offer free wifi and shuttles to the airport, but that is not for the hostel. You'll be charged $5 for each. I paid $100 for nothing but a twin bed (which is assigned). They wouldn't even let us purchase towels to use. Staff was horribly rude to anyone staying in the hostel.

• 14th Mar 2015

It is what it is. A place near the airport. Dont expect anything more. Free shuttle bus too the airport was a nice touch. It isnt the most filthy place ever. Its generally clean but just very basic. Take your flip flops in the shower.

Small dorms, not enough space for the luggage. Kitchen looks like a bomb were there. Smelly rooms at night.

• 28th Jan 2015

Social area way to small. 5$ for airport pick up. 5$ for Wi-Fi access (500mb). Kitchen clean, only space for one person at a time to prepare food thou. Not a social hostel atmosphere, no decorations, professional. The place is more geared to keeping attached hotel guests happy. Good place if you need to sleep and catch a flight early in the morning.

Stayed just for 1 night. Everything was okay. I had everything I needed after 3 flights of overall time of 24 h. Best option for those, who use Auckland just as temporary base between flights.