Kiwi Airport Backpackers Reviews

144 McKenzie Road, Mangere, Auckland, New Zealand

For staying near the airport for a night is this a good choice. I recommend to the Backpackers Hostel that a thicker blanket would be nice.

All a bit bare bones, the atmosphere probably changes, though when I was there everyone was very chatty, either through excitement at going home, or deferring the misery of same. The beds are comfortable, the staff very friendly and (at least for us that night) gave out a free 200mb wifi voucher which is neat. There's a shop and restaurants nearby; not an amazing selection, but enough to get you through.

This is a stop gap hostel for people travelling through Auckland airport. As such it has no atmosphere but the place is clean and facilities are basic but adequate to stay one night, if staying longer or to visit Auckland I'd recommend to stay downtown

Had the doorhandle of my dorm room in my hands fisrt time I entered the place, even so I informed the staff it wasn't fixed when I left 5 days later. I booked a girls dorm and on one of the nights was a boy put in to the room... The male staffmember at reception was just rude and arrogant. The female was quit nice though. It's alright for a night but don't recommend to stay longer, unless you have to.

If you need to stay somewhere close to the airport and don't plan on spending any time here, this is ok. Otherwise I'd definitely recommend a place in the city.

A great hostel if you need to get to the airport, otherwise it is not too close to the city and there is not much around for food or shopping.

This does exactly what it says on the tin - an average hostel as a stopover near the airport. Bit miserable feeling. Staff nice enough.

Room smelt very bad. The only bedding provided was a thin sratchy blanket. Shower was not very good - the power was proportionate to temperature so in order to have it at a reasonsble temp and not scold yourself you had to set it at a dribble. Common room was comfortable.

• 15th May 2013

Obliging friendly satff that made my brief stay great :)

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • New Zealand

Well this place has some ups and downs. The free airport shuttle actually costs $5 each way and they don't have blankets in the rooms which costs $3. Internet is also on the more expensive side. Besides that, the staff are very friendly and helpful, no complaints there. When a couple drunks came into my room a 4am and proceeded to puke on the floor they switched me rooms right away and were very nice about it. Overall, pretty solid.