Kiwipaka Waitomo Reviews

Kiwipaka Waitomo, Hotel Access Road, Waitomo, New Zealand

I only stayed one night, so I cannot really rate the atmosphere, staff and facilities. There are two noticeable point though: - The reception and kitchen were closed at 5:30 p.m ! I had to go to the bar next door to check-in. - A big Kiwi Experience group was there, they used all the dorms available, so I have been surprisingly upgraded to a double bed suite at the price of a 4 bed dorm. It had been a long time since I didn't use a bedroom for only myself :).

The staff were really good here. They really looked after us here when we were waiting for our bus to come.

Overall really nice hostel. Decor is a bit dated but not a big deal. Kitchen wasn't well stocked but clean. Reception did close at 7pm but we accept its winter and a bit quieter. Really close to all activities and information site. Kiwi experience stop so can be loud when everyone's in but wasn't really an issue as we had our own room. Would use this hostel again.

• 2nd Jun 2015