Knockree Hostel (Hostelling International) Reviews

Lackan, Lackandarragh, Enniskerry, Wicklow, Ireland

Not only is the view the best you will get for miles around, but the staff is kind, courteous, and genuinely caring about their customers. Everyone was absolutely lovely and very helpful with instructions on getting around the rural area. The rooms were spacious, and the pillows were comfortable. There were some creepy-crawlies around, but that's to be expected in the countryside, and didn't take away from the quality of my wonderful visit. Thanks knocktree!

• 20th Oct 2014

Lights not working in TWO shower rooms, and door didn't lock on the THIRD shower room. Very smellie shower in room 15... Maintenance needs sorted asap. Otherwise, great location, great views, very pleasant staff.

I had a couple of great relaxing nights, perfect to have the feeling of being lost in the middle of nowhere but only a few meters from a nice warm shower.

• 27th Sep 2014

As we stayed in the old part some of the "poor" credits might be due to this fact. The furniture looked old and damages, loud noises in the night dueto the hot water Boiler, the bed linen had holes in them. Compared to the -slightly more expensive- B&B we had the next day poor value for Money!

• 11th Sep 2014

Beautiful location, such a serene place to come back to after a long day of walking in Wicklow! Would have liked to stay here forever. Such a lovely lady running the place during our stay. Yes there are school groups there at times, but that didn't bother us as everyone is pretty knackered by the end of the day and calms down before bed time. Great dining room and self-catering kitchen. Incredible views, perfectly off the grid. Overall - we'll be back.

Much better than my previous visit on Knockree YH on 16th June 2002. A good location for Irish adventures! Only

This is probably a perfect place to stay if you want to hike. It's close to the Powerscourt-waterfall (only one hour by walking). It's very calm and beautiful there and the staff were friendly and helpful. I'd go back!

One of the best hostel we have ever visited. Perhaps it could be better to put an Hostel sign where the path of the Wicklow Way end Stage 1 and enter the road. Thanks a lot to the staff of the Hostel, very kind and attentive.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We enjoyed our stay completely! One could not ask for a better room and the staff were all very helpful. Thank you!

• 29th Jul 2014

Far, far too expensive for the standard of the hostel. Beds must be replaced, they are extremely uncomfortable, especially for the price we paid.

Franck, thank you for taking time to review our Hostel. I'm sorry you say beds are uncomfortable,but we are certified as having an acceptable standard by the tourism authority. Pricing is set by An Oige (Irish Youth Hostels Association). The Hostel does not set prices. If if any of your group had a FUAJ card or any HI-afiliated card you would get a discount of e25.20. You stayed here in high season at the most expensive time.

Our stay was great, it's the neatest hostel I've ever been to. Thanks for a very pleasant stay

• 21st Jul 2014
  • South Africa

A wonderful hostel . Beautiful view from the dining area. Self catering very well organised.

Beautiful 'honeymoon suite', stunning views. Easy-going staff and we enjoyed the cooking facilities.

Very nice and modern hostel. Nicely fits to the countryside. Very close to Powerscourt, Enniskerry and Wicklow mountains. Nice for cycling, hiking and other outdoor activities. If you drive, be carefull on the road - it is very narrow. My GPS led me through the Powerscourt estate, but there is a locked gate - so check twice, what road does it take. Pěkný, čistý hostel - cesta k němu je trochu zabijárna... silnice je tak sotva na jedno auto :).

I can recommend the double bed room. the view out of the window is amazon. Never had such a great hostel room!

One of my favourite places to stay, it never lets me down.

Very helpful and friendly staff.

• 29th May 2014