Knockree Hostel (Hostelling International) Reviews

Lackan, Lackandarragh, Enniskerry, Wicklow, Ireland

One of the best hostel we have ever visited. Perhaps it could be better to put an Hostel sign where the path of the Wicklow Way end Stage 1 and enter the road. Thanks a lot to the staff of the Hostel, very kind and attentive.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We enjoyed our stay completely! One could not ask for a better room and the staff were all very helpful. Thank you!

• 29th Jul 2014

Far, far too expensive for the standard of the hostel. Beds must be replaced, they are extremely uncomfortable, especially for the price we paid.

Franck, thank you for taking time to review our Hostel. I'm sorry you say beds are uncomfortable,but we are certified as having an acceptable standard by the tourism authority. Pricing is set by An Oige (Irish Youth Hostels Association). The Hostel does not set prices. If if any of your group had a FUAJ card or any HI-afiliated card you would get a discount of e25.20. You stayed here in high season at the most expensive time.

Our stay was great, it's the neatest hostel I've ever been to. Thanks for a very pleasant stay

• 21st Jul 2014
  • South Africa

A wonderful hostel . Beautiful view from the dining area. Self catering very well organised.

Beautiful 'honeymoon suite', stunning views. Easy-going staff and we enjoyed the cooking facilities.

Very nice and modern hostel. Nicely fits to the countryside. Very close to Powerscourt, Enniskerry and Wicklow mountains. Nice for cycling, hiking and other outdoor activities. If you drive, be carefull on the road - it is very narrow. My GPS led me through the Powerscourt estate, but there is a locked gate - so check twice, what road does it take. Pěkný, čistý hostel - cesta k němu je trochu zabijárna... silnice je tak sotva na jedno auto :).

I can recommend the double bed room. the view out of the window is amazon. Never had such a great hostel room!

One of my favourite places to stay, it never lets me down.

Very helpful and friendly staff.

• 29th May 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Really impressed with my short stay at Knockree - Helen the manager was very helpful and friendly, the accommodation is modern, clean and well-maintained and the setting is superb.

• 14th Mar 2014