KoTo Hostel Reviews

120 Hang Bong Str, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi, Vietnam

The staff were really nice here and the hostel was basically a budget hostel! After Thailand, Koto's hospitality was most appreciated and we really enjoyed our stay here. We booked a Dragon Cruise to Halong Bay with them and we soon found out that we'd paid more than others on the boat! I suggest shopping around for cruises to Halong Bay before you jump in.

• 17th Apr 2014

The most friendly staff, many spoke English, and unbelievably helpful to deal with such a large group (we had 40 people). I have stayed in hundreds of hostels and hotels around the world and almost NONE of them can compare to the quality of excellent service we received from the Koto and Bodega Hostel Staff.

• 1st Apr 2014

One of the best budget hotels I have stayed so far! Friendliest and most helpful staff. Thank you so much! I'm glad to have chosen your hotel. Great value for the money.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

It isn't really a hostel. It was more like a budget hotel. For breakfast, you will have to go to the hotel next door, which was alright, since it was included.

just a super friendly perfect stay! highly recommend it

We were lucky to make it to Hanoi at all...it was a long travel day from Hoian....we made the reservation from the Noibai airport...arrival and check in was flawless and the staff was very kind. We had breakfast in the restaurant on 3th floor in Bodega hostel nearby. We were the last ones in before closing and they never rushed us....room was spectacular! Beautiful and clean. Thank you!

• 27th Dec 2013

Very good ...

The place matches more with young backpackers mind I think , but it is a nice place to stay ! I was just a bit dissapointed about Annie who left me down with my bookings once I didn't book with her offer :(. The dorm a bit small , no place to store your luggage and no lobby area ... You only get your bed !

We were in Hanoi for a few days and wanted to stay in a hostel that was away from the backpackers' area, but still centrally located. Koto Hostel was perfect for our needs, and the staff was always extremely helpful! The washroom was about what you would expect for Southeast Asia, but the room and the rest of the facilities were particularly clean and comfortable. The highlight of our stay was how often the staff went above and beyond to meet the needs of our group. Would highly recommend!

Only downside for me was that the room REALLY stunk like cigarette smoke. Still airing my stuff out a few days later... Breakfast is across the street (possibly an issue for some?). Excellent staff and service.

Really good place to stay. Great staff, good rooms, good location. They organise loss of trips. I went on their Halong bay trip which was sort of OK... although the food on the boat was very poor and the cabin incredibly noisy due to the crappy old diesel engine on the boat. Halong Bay beautiful but polluted and overcrowded.

We had a great stay here! The staff is so helpful and kind. Always ready to hold the door open for you, give tips or help you across the street. Our room was huge with a balcony!! It was very clean and comfortable. When we visit Hanoi again, we're definitely going to stay here!