Koa Wood Hale Reviews

75-184 Ala Onaona St, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, USA

Nice people but I did not feel secure there. No place to lock my things as far as I could see. Was only there for one night.

The hostel is beautiful from the outside, with wonderful wall paintings and beautiful foliage. Inside, the female dorms are cozy and comfortable while the mixed dorm needs quite a bit of work--the shower has been gutted, the floor had food and dirt on it, and the metal bunk is disruptive when the guy above you is a violent sleeper. There was some confusion over beds and parking shuffling. Overall, it was still a great value, however. The staff was super friendly, and Kona is absolutely amazing.

• 24th Mar 2014

I stayed at Koa wood hale for 3 nights. It was a nice place to stay and the beds were clean and staff were friendly. Sometimes difficult to get hold of staff if there was no one in the office. I would preffere to have somewhere to lock in the valubles you are not taking with you since there are no locks on the doors either. I would also preffere that there should be age limits or certain rooms for ages above feks 50. I liked it here and would definatly stay again.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Norway

The staff cared for me well indeed. I found there my comfort and slept well. Seemed to me that their kitchen was rather short of utensils but I stayed only one night so I can't really comment.

• 8th Mar 2014

I enjoyed my stay. Everyone was very friendly. My only gripe is that Hostel World had me pay a 10% deposit which was supposed to have been subtracted from the rate when I checked in, yet I was told "we don't take deposits" when I checked in so I had to pay the full rate without the deposit I'd already paid subtracted out.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Loved this place. Super chilled out a laid back. Good location, lovely people.

I stayed at Patey's Place for a few days and had an amazing time. Tom made everything he could to make us enjoy our stay. Everybody is very respectful. The place is close to everything: the beach, the mall, etc. I would definitely go back there any time!

This hostel has a wonderful home-like feel to it, and with three kitchens it never feels over-crowded. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. It feels like you are staying with old friends. Loved it!

I needed somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay for one night in Kona and this fit the bill perfectly. Everyone was very friendly, the hostel was a 10 minute walk from the ocean front and the facilities were as you would expect at any hostel. What more can you ask for $25?

• 29th Dec 2013

One of the very best hostels I've ever had the pleasure of staying at! Staff were great, warm and welcoming. I'd love to stay longer!

James and other staff made me feel really welcome. The hostel had a cheerful atmosphere the night I stayed here. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to downtown. Overall a nice place and definitely much better than Pineapple Park.

This hostel has the nicest staff ever! I felt so welcome there and I met really nice people.

Very dirty I never see a place like this with scrub and animals in a floor.scary!

I have a really good time and staff was really keen with me, I met lot of interesting, funny and nice people and hang out with all of them. Definetly a good choice for good experecience in Kona

• 20th Oct 2013