Koa Wood Hale Reviews

75-184 Ala Onaona St, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, USA

I really liked my stay at The Koa Wood Hale. The staff there is very helpful and the atmosphere is just great. They have some kitchen supplies, but I would recommend going out to eat.

Great hostel, great staff, greater location. Close to a grocery store, plenty of bars, and a huge variety of restaurants. Of you have a car, it's a prime staging ground for any south point/greensand/mauna kea trip you want to plan.

自転車レンタルもあり、1日$10、7日$40と破格。ロードから街乗りまであり。

Nice people but I did not feel secure there. No place to lock my things as far as I could see. Was only there for one night.

Great atmosphere an very friendly staff

This was a pleasant little hostel that made for a good stopover before we headed out to camp elsewhere on the island. The staff were nice and helpful, and the location was perfect for our purposes. You definitely can't beat the price either, in a place like this. The beds were awesome (surprisingly comfy for a hostel) but some of the bathroom and kitchen facilities were on the dingy side. Nothing too scary, but still. And security was pretty lax-- I slept with my pack, just for good measure.

The hostel is beautiful from the outside, with wonderful wall paintings and beautiful foliage. Inside, the female dorms are cozy and comfortable while the mixed dorm needs quite a bit of work--the shower has been gutted, the floor had food and dirt on it, and the metal bunk is disruptive when the guy above you is a violent sleeper. There was some confusion over beds and parking shuffling. Overall, it was still a great value, however. The staff was super friendly, and Kona is absolutely amazing.

• 24th Mar 2014

I stayed at Koa wood hale for 3 nights. It was a nice place to stay and the beds were clean and staff were friendly. Sometimes difficult to get hold of staff if there was no one in the office. I would preffere to have somewhere to lock in the valubles you are not taking with you since there are no locks on the doors either. I would also preffere that there should be age limits or certain rooms for ages above feks 50. I liked it here and would definatly stay again.

The staff cared for me well indeed. I found there my comfort and slept well. Seemed to me that their kitchen was rather short of utensils but I stayed only one night so I can't really comment.

• 8th Mar 2014