Koa Wood Hale Reviews

75-184 Ala Onaona St, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, USA

I had 4 amazing nights at this hostel. Probably one of the best hostels I ever stayed at. The staff and the other guests were so friendly and kind. Bathrooms and kitchens were clean and very usable. Big island in general was great and I couldn't think of a better place then this hostel to explore it from.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

For the money, was a very comfortable atmosphere with a fantastic location. I bit hard to find; would suggest a bigger sign, but otherwise, a very well-run hostel. Be prepared for local roosters crowing at 4 am.

the floor are not clean enough for barefoot, no need to barefoot for it...

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Best hostel in Kona

a very nice, laid back hostel, well equipped kitchen, small but clean bathrooms and parking space in front of the property. would recommend staying there for everyone.

This is a really great place to stay. The atmosphere is relaxed. It is located within walking distance from the center. The staff is friendly and helpful.

I have stayed only in 2 hostels on the island and though the other one in Hilo was more of the typical hostel style with nice interior, I like the Koa Wood Hale much more. It's easygoing and relaxed in a great location, it's not the nicest facility, yet clean and it was especially the people that made the place. I stayed there twice at the beginning and the end of my trip and both times were awesome with socializing on the patio.

• 18th Nov 2014

I stayed at Koa Wood Hale, visiting from Hilo for work. I was immediately told by Eric that the hostel was for off-island "travelers" only. It said nothing about that on hostelworld, but he said it would be okay for this time. I later got parked in, and needed to leave for work at 6am. Tried to find parking elsewhere, none. Moved my truck and asked to sleep in back so I wouldn't get parked in. Eric threw a temper tantrum, refunded most of my money, and kicked me out at 10pm. Very rude.

• 4th Nov 2014

Not clean. More people in the room than annouced.

• 30th Oct 2014

Just needed a place to crash for the night because I just had moved from a different island. Considering the cost Koa Wood Hale fit the bill perfectly.

• 19th Oct 2014

I love this place, I extended my time there a couple extra weeks. The staff was so accommodating that I arrived a day early because of the storm. I really liked how it felt secure like home. When others had a change of plans or they arrived early, no ladies were ever sent away with out a place to stay. Once a friend from another hostel arrived and she was having a hard time, they made her comfortable. Another time a bed was made out of the way in the girls dorm. Nice to have a safe place, home!

Amazing welcoming, great atmosphere, very nice staff

1 2 Next » last »