Koa Wood Hale Reviews

75-184 Ala Onaona St, Hawaii's Big Island, Kailua-Kona, USA

Awesome atmosphere, Awesome people. Another special place that has broaden my perspective of the world we live in. Enjoy the greenery, if you know what I mean. Use mosquito repellent, I learned the hard way!

• 12th Jun 2014

Very good hostel, clean and relax. The Staff is very helpful!

I stayed in a private room in the upper floor, I only share the bathroom with other room. The room was big but there wasnt a chair & a table. The place could improve a lot with curtains, white sheets & if they finish the closet. The kitchen is very nice but there wasnt a fridge. I didnt know if there was a laundry or wifi, nobody told me. I didnt find a place to hang the wet clothes. The first day a receive the sheets, I had to make the bed myself. There are lot of s Cockroaches

Nice hostel. Quiet and clean. Marcus was very helpful and served us perfectly!

Patey's Place is a typical hostel in Hawaii- first world prices for third world conditions. I stayed in a private room and the patio door locked but the room was exceedingly hot and there was a blood stain above the door knob.The bathroom didn't seem to get cleaned during my stay except for the garbage can being emptied and the hand towel changed.The manager was knowlegeable of the area and greeted me daily by my name.However, I would recommend staying at a vacation rental while in Kailua-Kona.

Markus, the new manager, is very enthusiastic and brings a fresh spirit to the hostel. Rooms are very basic, but good value. Thumbs up! Got very helpful information for cycling the island.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

I enjoyed my 2 night stay at this hostel. The neighborhood was quiet. It's a terrific location and there is an ocean view from the huge lanai. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly - I felt right at home. I loved the layout of the hostel. What a beautiful spot to stay. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit. I would definitely tell my friends to stay here also.

• 29th May 2014

The staff was friendly, but kept some odd hours. The dorm featured a full kitchen, but only one bathroom for potentially eight or nine people. The location was great being only a ten-minute walk to the water, restaurants and Walmart. My biggest issues were with security and parking. There were no storage lockers in my room or locks on any of the bedroom or dorm doors. Parking is very tight. Don't think about putting your car in front of the neighbor's house because she'll yell at you.

Had a great time hanging out with the hostel staff and fellow hostelers, and slept well. Overall great stay!

It is more like a house with many beds. I kept my valuables with me all the time and I saw a lot of people doing the same. Clean sheets. For one night is ok but I don't think I would spend a couple of days there.

I really liked my stay at The Koa Wood Hale. The staff there is very helpful and the atmosphere is just great. They have some kitchen supplies, but I would recommend going out to eat.

Great hostel, great staff, greater location. Close to a grocery store, plenty of bars, and a huge variety of restaurants. Of you have a car, it's a prime staging ground for any south point/greensand/mauna kea trip you want to plan.

自転車レンタルもあり、1日$10、7日$40と破格。ロードから街乗りまであり。