Koala Beach Resort Cairns Reviews

137 Lake Street, Cairns, Australia

Would not stay here again. I got there late at night and there were NO BED SHEETS in my room! The reception was closed so I has to sleep straight on a dirty mattress wearing a jumper.nAlso in the middle of the night there were people screaming the the courtyard for ages and there was no one to tell them to shut up. No security. Room was filthy. P.s: Yeah I get that it's budget, but if I wanted to be cold and uncomfortable Id have slept at the airport.

• 20th Jul 2014

We have been to a few hostals in cairns, this one is by far the best and it's cheap! We loved our stay here. The staff are verry friendly and are always more than happy to help. Next time I'm in cairns I will be staying here again. Happy backpacking!!!

Me and another girl in the room booked a female dorm and found out it was mixed when the guy entered the room at night.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel was very clean on arrival and it felt more liek a holiday apartment. We stayed i nthe 4 bed mixed and had our own ensuite/ lounge area/ fridge/ sink/kitchen area. Value for money was excellent. Great location - only 3 blocks from the esplanade or Woolworths supermarket. 10pm noise curfew suited us well, as we were out and about most days. The hostel offers fantastic food vouchers $6 for a meal/ drink at PJ's or 40% off at the Woolshed, both have great food and big portions.

• 4th Jul 2014

I stayed for a little over a week - end of May 2014. I really loved staying here. Each room is like a self contained little flat. The Cleaners were great and friendly when they came around. The only downfall I would say is no internet and the main kitchen. It's not great - but $6.50 vouchers for pjs you won't have to use the kitchen.

Friendliest and most helpful staff in all of Aus!