Koala Hostel

Very Good 1205 Total Reviews

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
9th Aug 2017
6.3

Good security and simple dorms. However, our room had a rubbish fan in it with no air con at all, meant it was so hot in the room so got a horrendous nights sleep! The showers water pressure sucks and they rarely stayed hot. Close to a metro station so I suppose it was okay for just a one night pit stop.

8th Aug 2017
7.4

Nice trip at Koala Hostel. A bit expensive to park my car, and the breakfast has not quality product compare to global price of our stay. A very secure hostel !

• Canada, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2017
7.4

The hostel was very very warm during my stay even with fan running and window open. The staff were friendly enough but not great at providing suggestions for places to eat or go out. The location is not too bad as the subway stop is nearby and the line it gets you to brings you to the centre of town. I would maybe stay here again, just not in the summer.

4th Aug 2017

Great hostel, quick links to the city centre and reasonable prices for beers etc at the reception!

2nd Aug 2017
7.1

Good basic hostel, but no ac so I wouldn't recommend this place in August. Close to metro though so that's nice

27th Jul 2017
7.1

Average. You get what you pay for. The rooms get really hot at night though and the security lockers couldn't fit my backpack (which is big as it is to be fair, 120L). Basic breakfast, cereal and milk. Location is a bit out if you don't mind a 40-minute walk to main attractions.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
26th Jul 2017
8.0

Was our first hostel so hard to compare, but we enjoyed our stay. Not a very community based hostel so wouldn't recommend for meeting new people but good location, a short metro to the centre of milan which was extremely convenient. Breakfast wasn't great but very useful being free, the rooms had lockers and a clean ensuite bathroom - would recommend for short stays.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
26th Jul 2017
8.0

There was a school group staying when we were there which wasn't ideal as they are very loud and I get the feeling they often let school groups in. Breakfast provided is fairly average. Staff weren't very helpful with recommending nice places to eat. However, for a hostel it serves its purpose.

• USA, Male, 18-24
25th Jul 2017
2.6

This hostel was a total was of money. I have many complaints so I'll lay them out one by one 1. Mosquitoe. I never experienced a problem with mosquitoes anywhere else in the city, yet my room was filled with them. At nearly 35€ a night, that is unacceptable 2. Beds were simply bad Ikea beds, without curtains or possibility of privacy 3. Key system was archaic and arbitrary. Keeping track of two different keys, plus having to buzz in every time I enter. Bad 4.wifi unusable in my room

• USA, Male, 31-40
23rd Jul 2017
4.9

I had a bad experience: I was locked out of this hostel for almost an hour around 2am after coming back from a night out in the city. I'd strongly suspected their buzzer didn't work right after having issues with it earlier in the day, but the staff told me there was nothing to worry about. So then I was stranded in the middle of the night outside wondering if I would get back in at all. And afterward, the guy at the desk was super blasé about it and didn't even apologize. Not recommended.