Kobe Sannomiya R2 Hostel Reviews

2-4-6Kumoi-dori,Chuoku-ku, Kobe, Japan

Good straight forward hostel in a great location. Everything is always clean and the kitchen facilities are great. The staff do a great job of making sure everything is in good shape. There's only 2 showers which might become a problem if it was really busy but no issue when I was there. Good wifi. Extra-large lockers were a nice touch. Not much more that you need really. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Nice place! The dorm is organised in capsules, so you have your own little "room" with a curtain at the entrance.

Close to Sannomiya station, so is good as a base to explore the surrounding cities, as well as easy access to Kobe airport. Staff at the time I was there were english-speaking (european?), so conversing was easy.

The staff are very nice and informative. People met in the living room with great atmosphere. The room is clean with comfortabel bed.

Great location near the mainline station Dorms are a bit pokey but ok. If like me you are going just to eat Kobe Beef, make it a day trip and stay in Hiroshima or Osama/Kyoto. Also check out the Kawasaki museum if u like engineering..

Maintenance was going on during my stay. No prior information given this would be the case so we couldn't check in at the time stated. It wasn't until the next morning we were told we had to be out the dorms for the day too. Prior notice would have been appreciated. No real atmosphere here but location is good and the basic facilities are there.

This hostel was the best hostel! I loved the staff and the manager! We ate together did karaoke together! Amazing! It really felt if I was home.

• 2nd Jan 2015

My main complaint with this hostel was that is was so hard to find. The place just blends right in and you can drive right past it and not even notice. It's not near any easy to spot landmarks. But, once there, we found the place to be clean and the staff to be friendly. All their records seems to be kept on paper and they almost charged us too much, not realizing that we already paid 10% by booking through HostelWorld. Once we showed them our printed conformations, then acquiesced.

Not very clean and no atmosphere at all.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel! I would highly recommend :)

Decent hostel, but nothing special. Common area, but not many people hanging out. Beds are in a set of wooden boxes stacked on each other. You sleep on the 2nd floor, but showers and the lockers are on the 1st floor. Location is good, right in the middle of a busy area, restaurants, bars, etcetera.

Small but cozy, i enjoyed staying there!