Koh Rong Backpackers
Over 30 untouched pure white-sand beaches, 78 sq. kms of jungle, 5 fishing villages, less than 10 bungalow resorts, no tuk tuks and beggars, and 1 Koh Rong Backpackers. Phosphorescent plankton.
Koh Rong Backpackers:
- Koh Rong Island, off the coast of Sihanoukville. Situated on one of 3 piers in a fishing/tourist village.
- Same beach as Monkey Island Bungalows, Paradise Bungalow Resort, Coco's Bungalow Resort, and Mango Lounge.
- Over 40 beds, mostly in dorms of 8.
- Bar and restaurant down stairs, open 7am - 12 midnight (no later, unless there is a very special occasion).
- Our aim is to provide basic backpacker accomodation, with a focus on cleanliness of toilets and bedding, safety, comfort and socialisation.
- Since accomodation is our major priority, after midnight we expect customers to show each other respect and take their energy to the late night bar on the island.
On the pier, 2 story, view of everything.
Until recently Koh Rong Island has been completely untouched, with only 5 fishing villages across apprx. 38 beaches and 78 sq kms of jungle. Tourism is coming as the island has finally been discovered, however development on a remote island off the coast of Cambodia can only go so fast. As of August 2012 there is only 7 bugalow resorts, and a couple of beachside bars.
Can walk to:
- secluded beaches (7 walkable)
- waterfalls (10mins)