6.8
Good 534 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 534 Total Reviews
Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel Located at Sairee Beach, Sairee, Koh Tao.
Thailand
Koh Tao Surat Thani 84360 Sairee Beach, Sairee
68% 534
10.0991163 99.8295503
    Rooms available

• Canada, All Male Group, 18-24
26th Apr 2016
6.0

Bathrooms were pretty shotty. A lot of ants and not the cleanest. Rooms were okay - cement floors and rickety bunk beds. Good for the money but there are definitely cleaner hostels around. The towels we received were stained and smelt Met a great group of people here tho!

• Bulgaria, Female, 25-30
9th Apr 2016
5.1

Very simple hostel, beds are hard and squeezing. The showers ad bathrooms downstairs weren't as clean as the ones upstairs. The bungalows just next to them are same or even cheaper when you share with a private bathroom.

Yes the beds did need replacing down stairs as they were the original ones from when we opened five years ago, happy to say that we have now replaced all of the old mattresses with brand new ones :). In the low season then the 2 basic fan bungalows next door are sometimes slightly cheaper if available that is true if you share a bed and don't want AC. Those are at the Silver Sands Resort which are more expensive normally but sometimes the reception will rent out cheaper just to fill the bungalow.

7th Apr 2016
5.1

Probably one of the worst places I've stayed, it's incredibly hot with dirty sheets and awful prison bunks. The wifi is good and there is a good roof terrace but apart from that it's not worth it.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's incredibly hot as all the dorms are AC, do you mean Thailand in April, which is the hottest month of the year by any chance? I'm also a little confused when you say had dirty sheets as every customer is given a freshly washed set of sheets, blanket and towel upon check in which they can exchange when needed at the reception. The bunk beds we use do have metal frames and are fitted with mattress protectors and we also use pillow case protectors mainly to protect against bed bug infestations as this has effected many hostels on Koh Tao, we are fortunate never to have had this problem as we have always had these measures in place. When you say it's not worth it I do wonder how many places on Koh Tao it is that you are comparing us to that you also stayed in. Glad to hear you had good WiFi coverage and enjoyed the roof terrace though :)

• megantomo
  • England, All Female Group, 18-24
27th Mar 2016
7.7

Cleaner was present for almost all the day, so it was spotless! Really good roof chill out area, and a tv lounge with tons of movies (great for the day we were stuck in a thunderstorm!) the location is perfect for all the nightlife and beach.

27th Mar 2016

Perfect location. Good air con. Helped with booking tours. Have access to a pool and bar right next door. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

• England, Female, 18-24
26th Mar 2016
8.0

If you're looking for a place in the middle of sairee beach and cheap, then this is your place! Pros Situated a 3 minute walk from the beach where all the best bars as restaurants are. Friendly staff- the front desk guy was always joking around with us! Secure feel to the place. There was always someone on the front desk. Cons The downstairs loo had no ventilation so was very smelly! Although the upstairs toilet was fine. We absolutely LOVED Koh Tao I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Mar 2016
8.0

You get what you pay for. It's on an island so all prices are inflated- this place was the best value I found on Koh Tao. Wifi was hit and miss, the blankets were too small and the showers/toilets are quite dingy, cramped and grubby. However, it does the job. I had a decent stay here. Staff were pretty helpful, location is perfect and the movie selection they had was the best I'd ever seen in a hostel. I would book again.One tip- the replies on previous reviews need to be less snarky.

Sorry just cant help myself with some of the comments we get, some of them I think are just bizare. Thanks for your review though.

• England, Female, 25-30
24th Mar 2016
5.7

Good location, right by the bars, restaurants and beach. The room was pretty rubbish, rusty squeaky beds, no personal plug sockets (2 between 8 people), no personal light. Most of the locker doors had been ripped off and we're just laying around, didn't give us much faith in the security. Toilets and showers were alright. Nice lounge and terrace. Wifi terrible, only a few people can connect at a time. You can stay in much nicer hostels for a similar price so don't bother with this one.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
24th Mar 2016

My mate and I aren't too sure why this hostel has so many bad ratings. We really enjoyed our stay in an 8- bed dorm. Everyone has to have a key to get in and there are lockers for important things. The staff I spoke to were always pleasant and smiley. The only slightly annoying thing was that we had the dorm directly to the left of the entrance so could hear everyone coming and going but I use earplugs and was fine, my friend didn't even notice. The bathrooms downstairs aren't very nice as well.

• England, Female, 25-30
1st Mar 2016
7.4

Perfect location close to the beach, shops and lots of cafes and restaurants. Hostel was clean although the downstairs bathrooms smell I think this is due to the drains as I saw they were cleaned everyday. Nice communal area on the roof and free films to watch on TV on the second floor. Some staff more helpful than others but all pleasant enough. Overall good value for money on the islands as everything is more expensive.