Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Sairee Beach, Sairee, Koh Tao, Thailand

The staffs are friendly to me and also gave me discount.... Good location and nice common area

This was a great little hostel in the middle of Sairee Village great location and good sized clean rooms and comfy beds. The atmosphere was great in the hostel and it was very easy to meet new people with being a lone traveler. With it being off the main street it was also quieter away from all the partying which is good if you want to get some sleep, large social areas to meet and hang out. Air con was amazing with also having a fan to making the rooms super cool t night after long hot days.

Very cheap, great value for money. Amazing location didn't have to get a taxi whilst we stayed here as most places were within walking distance. Would definitely stay again

Staff was friendly and helpfull. Toilets and showers good. Nice that I could store my luggage the last day. Good price/value.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Good location, nice staff and it was clean.

This hostel is at a really good location close to the beach. Most food around is at restaurants, not much street food available. The atmosphere was ok but there is no bar for socializing. The rooftop was an ok hangout spot. The staff was very nice. The beds are a bit loud and can move quite a bit.

This hostel was not the cleanest. I saw some stains on my mattress. The wifi does not work at all. It's set down a quiet street which is nice during the day but scary on the walk home at night. Overall it also doesn't have much atmosphere with the common room being on the second floor.

Really disgusting rooms however cheap and cheerful

• 4th Jan 2016

No internet at all Scam with boat tour Tottaly dirty

The bar across the street was very nice! We did our diving course and moved to another place because it included accomodation but the days at koh tao backpackers were very nice!

They didn't have towels for the first 2 days and the toilets smell like sewage :) on the other side is well located haha. Also someone threw up in the room and the staff refused to clean it

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Peru

DODGY!!! I've stayed at a lot of hostels and this was the worst! The staff were rude, misplaced my passport, weren't helpful, they gave away our room and put my sisters and I in separate rooms even though I'd booked months in advance. Tried to rip us off before I had to prove that they didn't give us an extra key. The hostel needs some serious maintenance, there is no social area and the place is filthy and just stinks. I would not recommend this place to anyone. YUCK!!

Excellent location, good showers and toilets. Lockers in room. Beds were ok. Our dorm was pretty warm. Staff were ok, not great. My trainers were stolen from outside the hostel so if you value your shoes dont leave them out there with everyone else's.

A great location - in the heart of everything! The hostel is quite shabby but the beds are alright and you're not in it much. There is air con too which is good when there are 8 people in a room.

Very average but nice location!

Nice hostel full of backpackers which is what we wanted! The hostel was being re-painted meaning we couldn't use the ground floor facilities which was annoying but will make it better for future backpackers. When you come in smashed mind your head when going up the stairs - the upper floor above comes over the stairs which hurts!

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Even after I checked out, I was allowed to use the facilities - showers, pool, pool bar and so on. They have a good social area, with widescreen TV, games, books and a roof top chill out area, pool and pool bar.

One of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in. Staff were unfriendly. Rooms were so filthy and smelt like mould!! Bed was old and dirty and so uncomfortable that I actually ended up staying with my friend in a different hostel. The place felt like a prison. Never again.

• 27th Nov 2015

Having not spent any time in prison myself I can't argue with your comparison.

The location is great but the mattresses are horrible!!

The beds were dirty but there were cleaners. They gave us sheets and pillow cases and a towel each which was okay, out of the 6 hostels we have stayed this was the worst so I would book somewhere else next time. Good location 2 min walk to the beach.