Kohver Reviews

Sauna 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Great place, very helpful and fun staff. Perfect location and hostel atmosphere!

Very clean and right in the old town, very pleased with the staffs helpfulness

Excellent hostel, would recommend for any young tourist. Staff extremely nice! Pleasant stay in the heart of the Old Town!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Lithuania

I really enjoyed my stay at Kohver. The rooms, showers, and bathrooms were fairly clean. My bed was comfortable and the location was super convenient. The staff is very nice and were willing to help us. The only problem was that it was really hard to find since the hostel sign is a sticker on the door, plus the people lined up for the club next door was covering it. The street is noisy from the clubs, but this did not bother me and my friend.

• 4th Apr 2014

I was quite impressed with the location: two minutes walk to the historic center’s main square. The place is very authentic, somehow. Great outlook on the historical city center from the balcony. Warm atmosphere. They have a nice little library with lots of original Estonian books and journals from the sixties and seventies. Everything simple, but very convenient. Breakfast (free musli, bread, jam, milk and coffee (they have fresh coffee grains and I milled it with their funny electric milling machine) was

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Kazakhstan

We were a bit afraid before because it was so cheap, but that turned out to be a mistake. Me and my friends liked the home-like atmosphere. Everything quite authentic. Nice view on the historic city centre. Friendly Estonian guys (and a girl) and nice guests, as far as I can judge it. Toilets and showers clean. I do not know what it is like on weekends, but our nights were very calm there. They have a big stove in the kitchen and nice breakfast. Try and get a room with a view on Sauna street.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Russia

Great place to stay. really enjoyed it

This was one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Staff was amazing, with lots of recommendations for sightseeing, eating, everything. We liked this "old- fashioned" look, it felt like we are at our grand grandparents house! Room was also great, new and clean, as well as toilets and showers. Location is also great, although there should be a bigger sign of the hostel ;) I would recommend this hostel to everyone that would like to feel like they are traveling to Tallinn's history!

This hostel with amazing atmosphere reminds me the Budapest's so-called 'ruin bars'. It looks like a part abandoned, a part squatted house with awesome style, friendly staff and tasty milk-n-cereals breakfast. One of the best hostels we've ever been to.

Great location in a old building that is part of the old town. Not too fancy but creates a good atmosphere to talk with other backpackers.

Compared to the amiability of the owner, who was very kind and helpful, the only disadvantage was the cold-behaved personality of the staff assistants and of the Russian guests (the majority). However, location is excellent, price per night in dormitory is just, showers are already improved, good security, very clean place, delicious breakfast. This is the second time that I decided to stay at Kohver, and I believe I will return there, it does worth! Я благодарю тебя за всё, мой бородатый друг!!

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Mexico

Stayed here for 3 nights in the twin private. Location is excellent, only a 10 min walk from the harbour. The hostel was quiet and peaceful, which I think was due to the time of the year (January). Really nice, somewhat bohemian and romantic atmosphere. We loved the interior of the room, especially the windowsill :) Breakfast was nice, small but enough : ) Would really recommend this to anyone who'd like a cozy place to sleep in the heart of Tallinn (and the Old Town)!

Shower cabins were very small, but im a big man though. Toilet spaces were also minimal and selfmade bare wooden cubicals. Most irritating were the 3 different keys which you have use all the time at least in our case from our room position to even to go to toilet. They gave us only one key set anyway which was weird. But let us sleep late until 3pm last day :)

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Finland

The staff was very friendly. I really liked the hostel.

The place is really well located. The bedrooms and kitchen are fine but the toilets and bathrooms are a little bit uncomfortable but they are almost always clean and it is actually not that expensive.

In our room we had a bunk bed rather than a double or twin. The showers were great but high and hard to get down from when your feet and the floor are wet. Kitchen to use with food and drinks, washing machine, drying racks. No elevator and up a few flights of stairs (no problem for us but may be for others with lots of luggage). Nothing really bad to say (except maybe loud music from nearby clubs), would stay there again.

Good retro hostel with a very friendly staff!

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Belarus

the kitchen is .......bad....and old house.

Really liked this hostel! Thank you :)

• 20th Oct 2013