Kohver Reviews

Sauna 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Hostel was great. The location was perfect for exploring the old town and the hostel had a very nice homely feel to it. Something that is worth noting though, is the amount of noise from the downstairs bar. Personally it didn't bother me but as for my friend she didn't get any sleep because of noise.

Very nice and friendly staff. Beautiful old house in the center of the (small) town. Perfect place for people like my girlfriend and I who hate the "Backpackers scene" and prefer usually to sleep in a tent. Highly recommended.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Very nice old style living room. Breakefast and check out very early in the morning is without any problem.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Nice staff

I liked the common room (nice vintage furnishing). The location is great. However, during first two nights (friday/saturday and satuday/sunday), there was VERY loud music comming probably from downstairs (downstairs is a bar). Third night it was OK. So if you go there on weekend, bring earplugs (and may be in the rooms closer to the reception it will be better, but I am not sure). Everything else was fine :)

Very nice and helpful staff, right at the edge of historical centre, generally clean. Not so convenient that the hostel is separated into two sides of an apartment building with locked doors in between - always have to hold onto a bunch of keys!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff was good but I was terrified of the facilities. I'm sorry, for someone it might be "classical style" as you advertise, but for me it was just old and ugly.

This hostel was really nice and in an awesome location. The staff were all very helpful and welcoming, and my friend and I even ended up talking with one of the staff until late at night drinking homemade wine which he offered us. Highly recommend this place :)

• 21st Sep 2014

In general, I am really satisfied with this hostel. Staff was really helpful and caring, people in room were really friendly. Location is really great. The biggest disadvantage of this hostel is lack of repair, the major overhaul is needed. The building itself is historical, and have a great potential.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Latvia

Great location and nice room. Facilities (bathrooms/kitchen) very basic but fine.

Excellent location in Tallinn. The old town is close by. The hostel itself served its purpose for a base. The dorms are large and the wi-fi is good. However, I thought that the bathrooms and toilets looked like they needed further work on them. The staff were helpful.

The hostel had this "old" feeling to it, which is nice (I liked it anyway) but also feels like renovations wouldn't be such a luxury. Also, it was kind of annoying to have these two locked doors between the dorm and the kitchen+living room, and that we had only one key for the both of us.

Great location, but the toilets and showers are very strange.

Loved it! Great atmosphere, amazing staff and fabulous location! Would go there again!

I liked everything

Excelent location (not if you want to sleep early a weekend day). Very helpfull staff. Poor conditions (very old building and not the cleanes you will find).

Nice little hostel in a great location in the old town, cool decoration inside and pretty clean. Most staff were friendly and helpful - all in all great value for what you get.

Very surprised because the ratings were so high! The keys and locks on the doors were so bad, I could never get my key to work and had to knock and have someone let me in. It was a vey antisocial. The toilet and shower stalls were constructed out of plywood. Everything seemed to be broken. It was so dark you could never see where you were going. Just not a good experience. Great location tho

You know, it always depends on the person and his mood.Maybe you just were tired of your travelling, our rating is honest. Maybe the key copy was new, you could inform staff about your problem to solve it. It is social. Yes, toilet walls are constructed of wood, we think that to use stone or concrete is not suitable for the toilet.Wood is better than plastic. And if it is dark just try to switch on the light.It is easy.Thank you

Really is a hostel for Under 25 who wants party; a long 3rd floor without lift, bad breakfast and no space to have it, staff with basic instructions, in my side no lockers, unventilated room because we couldn't open the window, one bar at the ground floor very noisy, the showers far from the room (in an another flat) and with a big step (almost one meter). Only the location is excellent, at the old town.

Thank you for your opinion.Where it noisy in the hostel because of the stuff or partying clients? No. Here we inform people, that it can be noisy outside on weekends. Typical for the Old Town. In your room you even could go to the balcony with armchairs through the window. It is better to inform staff about problems you have. And yes, we have lockers, just ask. We have not "bad breakfast" but typical local breakfast and big common room to have it. Showers are shared, so they are not in the room.

This is a good basic hostel with a good location, free breakfast, free washing machine, and a good common room for meeting others. Downsides are that some parts really are quite dirty (mostly the floors -- beds and kitchen and bathrooms were all clean where it matters) and it gets loud because of the bars around it (though everyone was really thoughtful at the hostel itself).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4