Kohver Reviews

Sauna 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Had a great stay. Very friendly staff.

Place was ok, location excellent. Only club downstairs makes lot of noise in weekends, good thing that you can get free entrance in it from hostel staff.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Latvia

in the heart of the old town, very clean sheets, i will stay again in this hostel

Great location and very helpful staff. A very basic hostel facilities wise, but it is close to everything in the Old Town.

This hostel need renovation, is a dirty, staff dont clean floor , terrible, is the wors I ever stay

The hostel itself is in the very old appartment and it's split in two parts which isn't very comfortable, but the atmosphere is very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are no lockers, but you can leave your belongings at the reception.

When I was looking for any accommodation in Tallinn for needed dates - there were not so much choices (because of some song festival in Tallinn at these days) - so I had to choose something. When I entered the hostel .. it looked much more "old" then I expected and mainly it looks like not such a special "style" of that hostel - it looks like condition of hostel. For me it is doesn't matter - I do not demand something special =) And ... I can say you more that in fact I liked that hostel ..

The hostel it is very well located in the old town of Tallin. Staff is very helpfull and the hostel have very good facilities. The only thing is that there is no locker in the rooms to put your stuff.

Really nice hostel, looks like someone´s flat with interesting retro feeling. The location is perfect, right in the city center, also not far away from harbour and bus station.

I would be great to be able to sit down and eat not only in the common room, but in the kitchen too.

Clean rooms and beds. Showers and other facilities clean as well. Nice balcony. Location was good. No lockable lockers in the dormitory. Night Club downstairs, resulting some noise during the night time. Would go again.

Nikita was very welcoming and helpful. Other staff, not so much. Everything else was good.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great Old Town location, the atmosphere was communal and we got to meet some great people. The kitchen is a little small with only one sink, which didn't really make us want to cook at the hostel (which was fine because there's an awesomely cheap dumpling place across the street). Rooms and beds were clean and light, showers were a rugged but worked fine. Free laundry! Free good coffee! Really nice breakfast spread &lovely to eat on the balcony. Great staff, thanks for all the advice!

location and staff were excellent

Staying on kohver for a few days is awsome, cheap, close from everything and breakfast is included! What can I ask more?!

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel is located in the old town, but you need to walk a bit from the bus station. But it is okay, you can take the tram. The staff was very friendly and helped a lot. You can get towels for free. The showers were really good and everything was clean.

very nice and helpful staff, location perfect, nice breakfast, beds are ok, but the showers and toilets are terrible :(

Lots of stairs, but comfortable beds and great value for money.

When you book a hostel for 7€ a night you can't expect that it'll good. We booked here because the building sounded interesting. It certainly was. The weirdest showers we've ever seen (not ideal for midgets), a toilet from the 18th century and pretty much everything just run-down. The hostel was very dirty (wear your shoes) and unfortunately I've just had to go to the doctor for being bitten by bugs at night - I don't like leaving negative reviews, but people should know. Still.... it's just 7€.

Thank you for informing us. If we find any bugs in our hostel, now we know who brought them here... But, seriosly, we clean the place every day and here are no any bugs. We think that you just donˇt know how to choose a suitable hostel for you. A lot of people think that our place is clean and facilities are ok. Usually we only have problems with people who think that Tallinn is just a cheap place for drinking and partying and donˇt respect other people...

This is a quiet hostel - friendly and homely, but not for partying. Security was poor as it was difficult to close the door when leaving - could only close it when coming in, so the door was often left open and rooms were never locked. There were also NO LOCKERS. It's a really good location, but was v difficult to find as the only signage was a little sticker on the door. It was very clean, but the facilities made it look run-down e.g. the toilets/showers had 'wooden' fencing to separate stalls.

Thank you for your review. Yes we are not a party hostel, but there are many of them in Tallinn. Maybe our place was just a bad choice for you. Main door is locked always. When you close it it is already locked, this is the type of the lock we put on a door. You choose by yourself to lock or not to lock your room, every client has personal key. Yes, the house is old, but we think that facilities are ok, and many people agree with us. Lockers will be ready really soon. Thank you.

« first « Prev 1 2 3