Kohver Reviews

Sauna 1, Tallinn, Estonia

Friendly atmosphere, great location, interesting people. I had very nice time there,

Ideal location, large cosy bedrooms, but the hostel was very noisy on Friday night due to the presence of a bar at the 1st floor of the building.

nice and cozy hostel, perfect location in center of Old Town, friendly and helpful staff. I recommend this hostel

Above night clubs is not a place for a hostel (how can the location be rated so high!!). Of course it is practical straight in the center of Tallinn, but I could not sleep before 6 AM, windows and furniture were shaking the whole night (il was a friday to saturday night). Otherwise there is a washing machine, which is great, but no locker. The place is old and not particularily beautiful but clean enough.

Thank you for your opinion. It is rated high because people like it. It is honest rating. We write in the information about noise on Friday and Saturday night, it is usuall situation for the whole Old Town of Tallinn in general. We offer free earplugs to our guests. During the week days it is peaceful and quite place at night. There are lockers in our hostel and many people think that it is beautiful and located in a really nice place. You just had impression of one night and then left.

The location in the Old Town is good although it can be quite loud at the weekend. But in my opinion it is ok for such a central location. About the atmosphere: I think it was mainly poor because of the shabby facilities and the poor cleanliness. All in all, I would say this Hostel is ok for one or two nights for young travellers, but not at all cosy or a place you want to stay longer.

Thank you for your review and opinion. People make atmosphere. Maybe it was just a dull, cold autumn day in Tallinn and the hostel was half empty. By the way, you stayed here only for 1 night, maybe it is not enough time to understand the place. Many people like our hostel, asking to stay for more days than they booked. People are satisfied with facilities and we often hear that our place is nice and cosy. Anyway, thank you for your personal opinion.

Very cozy hostel directly located in the city center. The staff was very very friendly and they recommended me and my friends some nice restaurants and bars. The rooms and the bed sheets where clean but the toilet where quiet old and the bathrooms wheren't that perfect. during the night it was quiet loud because the hostel is located directly upstairs to a disco. If you look for a cheep and cosy hostel it's perfect.

Hostel was great. The location was perfect for exploring the old town and the hostel had a very nice homely feel to it. Something that is worth noting though, is the amount of noise from the downstairs bar. Personally it didn't bother me but as for my friend she didn't get any sleep because of noise.

Very nice and friendly staff. Beautiful old house in the center of the (small) town. Perfect place for people like my girlfriend and I who hate the "Backpackers scene" and prefer usually to sleep in a tent. Highly recommended.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Israel

Very nice old style living room. Breakefast and check out very early in the morning is without any problem.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic

Nice staff

I liked the common room (nice vintage furnishing). The location is great. However, during first two nights (friday/saturday and satuday/sunday), there was VERY loud music comming probably from downstairs (downstairs is a bar). Third night it was OK. So if you go there on weekend, bring earplugs (and may be in the rooms closer to the reception it will be better, but I am not sure). Everything else was fine :)

Very nice and helpful staff, right at the edge of historical centre, generally clean. Not so convenient that the hostel is separated into two sides of an apartment building with locked doors in between - always have to hold onto a bunch of keys!

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Staff was good but I was terrified of the facilities. I'm sorry, for someone it might be "classical style" as you advertise, but for me it was just old and ugly.

This hostel was really nice and in an awesome location. The staff were all very helpful and welcoming, and my friend and I even ended up talking with one of the staff until late at night drinking homemade wine which he offered us. Highly recommend this place :)

• 21st Sep 2014

In general, I am really satisfied with this hostel. Staff was really helpful and caring, people in room were really friendly. Location is really great. The biggest disadvantage of this hostel is lack of repair, the major overhaul is needed. The building itself is historical, and have a great potential.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Latvia

Great location and nice room. Facilities (bathrooms/kitchen) very basic but fine.

Excellent location in Tallinn. The old town is close by. The hostel itself served its purpose for a base. The dorms are large and the wi-fi is good. However, I thought that the bathrooms and toilets looked like they needed further work on them. The staff were helpful.

The hostel had this "old" feeling to it, which is nice (I liked it anyway) but also feels like renovations wouldn't be such a luxury. Also, it was kind of annoying to have these two locked doors between the dorm and the kitchen+living room, and that we had only one key for the both of us.

Great location, but the toilets and showers are very strange.

Loved it! Great atmosphere, amazing staff and fabulous location! Would go there again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4