Koine' Hostel Reviews

via L.Guercio trav Angelo Napoletano 10, 84135, Salerno, Italy

I think you need to replace the sheets and pillows, most of my linens were clean, but had permanent stains. pillows need covers that go underneath the pillow case for added sanitary insurance. The staff is good, but the atmosphere is really strange. It seemed that local middle aged people were living there, not many young travelers. It seemed like people were using the hostel to get back on their feet after some sort of personal crisis.

• 29th Sep 2014

Ok, this is a really cheap place and we wasn't expecting much, but the place doesn't have even the minimum: no soap in the toillets (very often no toilet paper), just one guy in the staff speaks a reasonable english, they all smoke inside the reception and they aren't friendly at all. You need to ask for a password everytime you need to use the wifi, cause it lasts only for two hours and doens't work inside the rooms. I would never stay again.

The rooms were clean and the beds were nice. There were no bunkers bed and the rooms had lockers. The staff on the other hand were stressed and spoke poor english and there were no breakfast.

The best staff ever!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

My only quibble is with the absurd use of codes for Wifi access. One must login with a new access code and new password every two hours. The server, moreover, has limited capacity. The upshot is that Internet access at this place is patchy and often unavailable.

wifi not working properly. hate the open showers

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

you have your own lockers, and bed side table that locks up. the showers are open showers, no cubicles. not much around to go eat, there is a supermarket close by. I'm pretty sure some people live there as well. in different rooms though,

We stayed there only for one night. Although it was overpriced, as the rest of hostels in Italy, we didn't want to stay longer because there was a extrange atmosphere... we think people live there. You have to share open showers. Wi fi does not work properly, very poor service. It is allowed to smok all over the hostel...

I can't use wifi in the last two nights. The staff only told me wait a moment . But I wait for two days! It still not work. The people always smoke inside. The bathroom and toilet is not clean . If you only like to stay here for sleep. I think it's the OK place but the atmosphere is really not good and very strange.

Seemed more like a halfway house than a hostel with some rather odd local characters and the fact that it used to be a school makes it even stranger. The dorm rooms are basic but you don't need anything more. The school-style toilets and communal showers, most of which dribbled water out, needed a good clean (I kept flipflops on in the showers). Wifi is poor and the common room is a school staff lounge complete with dodgy coffee machine. But the manager was very helpful and friendly.