Koine' Hostel Reviews

via L.Guercio trav Angelo Napoletano 10, 84135, Salerno, Italy

The hostel is shared with what appear to be local people who are struggling financially. I don't think they sleep in the same rooms (there weren't any in my room) but they do share (and dominate) the common area. A few were quite forward with one of the other girls staying there. For the price it's good. It almost has the feel of a hospital ward and there was lots of space in the rooms and big lockers (keys included), though I still didn't feel security was great. There are many shops nearby.

The wifi only works in the common area. The atmosphere is weird, there were old people that we didnt know if they were guests or living there. They were creepy and smoked in the bathroom. The showers had no door division between them. The staff was very helpfull and kind. The neighboorhood is avarage and looks bad but all Salerno does. The locations is good and close to the sita bus station to amalfi cost, there is cheap supermarkets and restaurants close by. Definitely good value for money

Staff were nice. Location was good. Good hostel for day trips around the area as a base. Not ideal for younger or solo backpackers wanting to meet other people.

I feel bad for Fabio; he's a super nice, well-intentioned guy that's working at a hospice that is trying to disguise itself as a hostel. Seriously, this place is weird. It tries to cater to a backpackers needs and it does meet them if you're just looking for a bed and no fun stuff at night. But the beds are uncomfortable, sheets are dirty, place seems a little unsafe, people are chain-smoking in the common area, people from random walks of life (some are totally cool, others I did not talk to

lockers in rooms were pretty feeble showers were communal ones like in high school or a borstal, im pretty happy being heroically nude in front of others but I could see it being an issue for others wifi was really weak location isn't great pretty cheap though!

There is no toilet seat on the toilet. Group showers were weird and very dirty. There was a weird moist smell in the hallways. People smoking inside common area. This place kinda felt like a homeless shelter with all the random people coming and going. For the wifi you have to ask for a password and it's only Good for 2 hours. When I wanted it there was nobody on the desk. The only positive is the man that was on the day I checked in gave me some good tips of what to do.

I only stayed for one night. Everything was very easy, the hostel manager was very friendly and gave me a map and tips for my stay in Salerno. It is the less expensive place I ever stayed at, but definitely didn't feel like it.

I only stayed more than 1 night cause it was the only affordable hostel in the city, I would only recommend it for travellers who also need something cheap in the region and last minute. It has a weird atmosphere and poor facilities. The staff was good though, the guy who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere felt like a rundown nursing home or some sort of shelter that advertises their extra beds as a 'hostel'. But I survived and saved money before heading to Amalfi.

I loved my stay here. The people were so unbelievably nice and welcoming. Although I didn't speak any Italian, they still went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I completely recommend this hostel. My week in Salerno, though unplanned, was one of the best weeks of my trip

• 5th Apr 2015

The reception was very nice. He answered all my questions and how to discover the city of Salerno. Though the hostel is a bit far from old town, you could take a public transport or just walk along the seaside to get to old town. Very near a parking to take the sitabus to Amalfi

Yesss.. It is a weird atmosphere in the hostel, some peoples also live there. But once you get to know and talk to them... They are the nicest locals... :)

This hostel is a nerve .... Can't belife that hostel world is working whis hostels like that dirty and broken hostel... Can't say any words ... AAAAHHHHH