Koine' Hostel Reviews

via L.Guercio trav Angelo Napoletano 10, 84135, Salerno, Italy

If you are visiting Salerno don't stay here spend a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere, The lights are off constantly through out the hostel, it smells like dirty old men and porridge, The wifi is really bad it only works in the lounge badly, The toilets don't have seats, The showers are communal, There are a whole bunch of old people who just hang around the hostel, Book somewhere else even if you are poor.

It's a weird place. It's not an hostel. It's a strange atmosphere difficult to describe. go there only if you are really poor and have no other choice.

Nice hostel, close from the train and bus station, nice staff and friendly atmosphere.

Friendly host. Cheap. Would stay there again if i came back to salerno.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

This place it was a school , with big rooms , but The toilets are far away, the showers are communals, no privacity, but the bed was clean and comfortable with personal lockers, , no AC or fan. Also they have a weir wifi control. The direction they send to me was no clear, because the train station is on renovation and the exit is for other side of the bulding, wen you don't know the city that a big issue, I get lost and walk a lot to find the place.

Somewhat dodgy, with many random older people living there. Lights always off, no atmosphere, or welcoming environment. It is far from everything but the bus station. Locks weak, or broken on dresser. Cheap place to stay though.

Could have provided a fan maybe at least at the common area.

Clean, tidy and secure. Would be ideal for longer stays if fscilities such as kettle, toaster, microwave and fridge were available. Great for the price.

Overall the staff were very pleasant and very helpful, however there are a lot of older Italian men hanging around all the time, not sure if they live there or are staying there temporarily. The bathrooms are disgusting, there is never any toilet roll and the showers are not private, therefor having to shower either in a swimming costume or bare all to your neighbor, didn't like that. The location is good and only ten minutes from the harbor. 5/10. Not recommended for single travelers.

The hostel is shared with what appear to be local people who are struggling financially. I don't think they sleep in the same rooms (there weren't any in my room) but they do share (and dominate) the common area. A few were quite forward with one of the other girls staying there. For the price it's good. It almost has the feel of a hospital ward and there was lots of space in the rooms and big lockers (keys included), though I still didn't feel security was great. There are many shops nearby.

The showers have no stalls its just 4 or 3 in a row no partition. There are creepy drunk old men that won't leave you alone and continue to talk to you . There are older people who live there not a place to travel solo. The internet only works in the common areas but thats where the creepy guys are so you can stay there long.

The wifi only works in the common area. The atmosphere is weird, there were old people that we didnt know if they were guests or living there. They were creepy and smoked in the bathroom. The showers had no door division between them. The staff was very helpfull and kind. The neighboorhood is avarage and looks bad but all Salerno does. The locations is good and close to the sita bus station to amalfi cost, there is cheap supermarkets and restaurants close by. Definitely good value for money

Staff were nice. Location was good. Good hostel for day trips around the area as a base. Not ideal for younger or solo backpackers wanting to meet other people.

I feel bad for Fabio; he's a super nice, well-intentioned guy that's working at a hospice that is trying to disguise itself as a hostel. Seriously, this place is weird. It tries to cater to a backpackers needs and it does meet them if you're just looking for a bed and no fun stuff at night. But the beds are uncomfortable, sheets are dirty, place seems a little unsafe, people are chain-smoking in the common area, people from random walks of life (some are totally cool, others I did not talk to

lockers in rooms were pretty feeble showers were communal ones like in high school or a borstal, im pretty happy being heroically nude in front of others but I could see it being an issue for others wifi was really weak location isn't great pretty cheap though!

There is no toilet seat on the toilet. Group showers were weird and very dirty. There was a weird moist smell in the hallways. People smoking inside common area. This place kinda felt like a homeless shelter with all the random people coming and going. For the wifi you have to ask for a password and it's only Good for 2 hours. When I wanted it there was nobody on the desk. The only positive is the man that was on the day I checked in gave me some good tips of what to do.

I only stayed for one night. Everything was very easy, the hostel manager was very friendly and gave me a map and tips for my stay in Salerno. It is the less expensive place I ever stayed at, but definitely didn't feel like it.

I only stayed more than 1 night cause it was the only affordable hostel in the city, I would only recommend it for travellers who also need something cheap in the region and last minute. It has a weird atmosphere and poor facilities. The staff was good though, the guy who checked me in was very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere felt like a rundown nursing home or some sort of shelter that advertises their extra beds as a 'hostel'. But I survived and saved money before heading to Amalfi.

I loved my stay here. The people were so unbelievably nice and welcoming. Although I didn't speak any Italian, they still went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I completely recommend this hostel. My week in Salerno, though unplanned, was one of the best weeks of my trip

• 5th Apr 2015