Kokopelli Beachpackers Reviews

Avenida Piura 209, Mancora, Peru

It's in a great location at the "good"/"safe" end of the one main street in Máncora. Almost across the street is Loki. Some of the best restaurants are very, very near. Loki has a reputation of being the party hostel, but there's definitely parties happening here at Koko on the weekends. Not my thing, luckily I can sleep through them. If that's what you're looking for, both Koko and Loki are good options.

A fine place to stay. Good for chilling out in the day, but atmosphere at night was lacking. Bedroom was very hot at night, quite a small room with one fan and eight beds isn't fit for purpose in my opinion. Breakfast was well above average.

Unfriendly, unhelpful staff! Deprived us of a coffee refill saying the kitchen was closed even though they were serving for another hour AND gave refills to those next to us at the table. WiFi is terrible if you get it connected at all! Only one shower per 8 bed dorm which is frustrating when everyone comes home from the beach around the same time!!

Good hostel. Located on the end of Mancora but it doesn't mater so much because Mancora is preety small and here is just one main street. The bar in the hostel is very nice, and the atmosphere is between chill to party, it depends how many people in the hostel. Cool swimming pool but it also very close to the beach! Good beds with big lockers underneath.

Good hostel, also close to loki

I had the perfect stay in Kokopelli. The staff are brilliant, the vibe is great. I loved my eight bed dorm - clean, not too small. The hostel is located 2 minutes from the beach but it also has a pool, ping pong and a great bar incase you just fancy chilling out.

No hot water, which wasn't a problem for me because it was really hot outside. The rooms get really hot in the morning because there is no AC. The hostel I great because it's not as party hard as it is in other hostels.

Kokopelli is just ok. The atmosphere was pretty flat when I was there. I went to Loki (not my scene people wise but amazing facilities) and then checked into misfits which is just simple beach huts just at the edge of town ... My version of paradise

A great place to party , meet people and relax by the pool , only a five minute walk to the surf break down the beach and into town, thanks for a great stay

We didn't have a working fan for the first two days even though I told them repeatedly. It was almost impossible to sleep in there.

Overall good hostel with really nice pool in good location. Staff were friendly and helpful and the food served there was good value for money. Only downside was that the rooms were so hot at night without any aircon and a couple of times we lost water supply to our bathroom.

Good hostel overall. Except for the girl at the reception, at times she was pretty rude! And breakfast was supposed to be served at 8, but most of the time this was haf past 8 or even later! But the place where the bar was and the swimmingpool was pretty cool! Oh and the wifi doesnt work most of the time!

Had a fantastic stay at kokopelli. Whether you want to chill out or party there is something for every traveler. Great space to meet others, staff are friendly

The only complaint i have is the pool was closed for the first day we were there(due to a lack of water in the area). we had stayed here before and koko has improved. we liked it last time but the foreign volunteers were brutal. It seems that koko is under new management and they actually expect them to work and do a good job.breakfast is way more organized, not first come first serve in the bar area. you actually get eggs, juice, coffee or tea.the double ensuite room is really nice! recommended

A great place to stay, just one street from the beach. Good breakfasts, clean and beauitiful rooms. Amazing atmosphere.

• 17th Mar 2014