Kokopelli Beachpackers Reviews

Avenida Piura 209, Mancora, Peru

Good breakfast - eggs, bread, jam, juice, and tea or coffee. WiFi worked for the first hour I was there, but then not again. For some people it worked, for others it didn't. Other than that, the vibe is much more relaxed than Loki (nearby party hostel), but if you're looking for something with not too many people, a nice pool, and a nice bar, then I would definitely recommend Kokopelli.

The hostel try to charge towel ! and be careful when you buy beer from their bar which I bought miller small $5 soles and they asking $7 soles when you check out. there is a cookie jar on front of desk they make looks like from house. and when I have it small piece they said $4 soles. I got my coffee morning was cold and I asked please I want to have hot coffee the cooker make my coffee hot in microwave. :( Water issue always salt water from sea. so they need improve their self .

Nice hostel, good location. Staff tries to help with everything. Restaurants, little supermarkets, diving and kite shop are close by. Party area just 5min walk. Short walk to the beach. Included breakfast sucks - cold scrambled eggs, worst coffee ever, tea tastes salty and soapy. Just a tiny bit of butter and marmalade. Had major water problems so no showers or flush for hours each day. Pool ok but little bit dirty. WiFi is not working all the time. All in all ok but room for improvement.

Decent hostel but did have a good laugh at them covering up the bar prices and pretty much doubling them on the sat night! Good layout, the pool and bar area were killer and pretty good chill vibe. Wifi was pretty quick but sometimes it wouldn't work for a min or two, standard South America. No hot water, and the kitchen only does breakfast and lunch. Did get a little bit sick of locals trying to sell me coke every night, but would recommend.

Great location, nice breakfast, chilled atmosphere with some fun nights. No hoy water but wasn't a problem as weather is good. Would recommend.

Lovely hostel on the main street in Mancora. Staff are friendly and helpful. Nice bar with good drink promos. Good pool too. if you don't fancy the all out crazyness of Loki you can stay here but get signed in over the road. Well recommended.

Booked 3 nights and stayed 2 weeks. We love the good Mancora vibes here and chilled out scene. Have activities some nights and parties on the weekends. Easy to sleep if you want as well. Staff are so great here. Always helpful and friendly and really good pingpong players. Good place to meet others and some local surfers hang out here too. Super close to the beach and surrounded by some great restaurants. Rooms cleaned daily. Would love to come back to Mancora and stay at Kokopelli again!

Pros: The beds were comfortable and clean. Nice wall paintings. The bathroom was clean with enough space and hot water. The music at the bar was EXCELLENT. The hostel location didn't bother me at all. Cons: One of the reasons I chose Kokopelli was because in FACILITIES section you can read PARKING and FREE PARKING and I drove my car all the way to Mancora. They must correct that mistake as you can read it on the hostelworld page. If you can't stand loud music next to you, you won't sleep.

We spent a week in Kokpelli and really enjoyed our stay. It's got a great balance between being a party hostel and a chill out place. The outdoor pool/bar area was perfect for reading your book during the day and then partying at night. The hostel helps to organise tours and also does activities every night like poker night. Our private room was quite expensive but very clean. The hostel is at the end of the strip but very close to the beach and all of the yummy restaurants.

It's in a great location at the 'good'/'safe' end of the one main street in Máncora. Some of the best restaurants are very, very near. There's definitely parties happening here at Koko on the weekends. Not my thing, luckily I can sleep through them. If that's what you're looking for, Koko is a good option.

A fine place to stay. Good for chilling out in the day, but atmosphere at night was lacking. Bedroom was very hot at night, quite a small room with one fan and eight beds isn't fit for purpose in my opinion. Breakfast was well above average.

Unfriendly, unhelpful staff! Deprived us of a coffee refill saying the kitchen was closed even though they were serving for another hour AND gave refills to those next to us at the table. WiFi is terrible if you get it connected at all! Only one shower per 8 bed dorm which is frustrating when everyone comes home from the beach around the same time!!