Kokopelli Hostel Cusco Reviews

Calle San Andres 260, Cusco, Peru

This was my second time staying here, my favourite hostel in South America! Great bar, lovely warm staff, food was yummy! It's so central and very clean too. We arrived very early and were shown to a very comfy TV room and allowed to shower and get breakfast prior to checking in. Overall great stay here, I love this place!

Kokopelli is the perfect midd point between a relaxing and a party hostel--it's social, but also lots of people are waking up at 4am for MP treks, so feels chill to go bed early (noise from bar is almost completely contained to bar). Great people, staff is mostly friendly, really stellar showers on the second floor, lots of lounging area, computers that mostly work, standard SA bread/jam bfast. Highly recommend!

This is by far the BEST hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are beyond helpful and friendly! The rooms are comfortable and well kept. And the restaurant/bar has excellent native Peruvian fare.

One of the best I've stayed in SA and made many good friends here being solo traveller. Rooms, facilities, price and location all great - the bar is awesome and away from most rooms and had some great nights in there. I was recommended and in turn I am now!

Good hostel

Awesome location! Only a block from the main square but far enough away to have a little quite. We had a private room which was awesome but I did use a communal bathroom once and it was clean and nice also. Staff were helpful and the atmosphere is quite chilled with bean bags and lots of communal sitting areas. Defiantly recommend staying here.

Amazing place to stay, comfortable bed and duvet, always warms! Showers, one of the best in South America! Great location around the corner from the main square!(plaza del armas). I would definitely stay there again in every city available! Ps. There is a hair dryer!

Pretty great hostel. Fairly clean, big lockers that slide under the beds, fair priced restaurant and bar with happy hour. Legit luggage storage room with tags for your bags. The only thing is there's no kitchen and it's definitely a party hostel, so be prepared to not get good sleep. There's no curfew, so music can go until 6am even. But overall, if you're looking for a good time and a place to drink and meet people, we'd recommend it.

Not a good atmosphere. Staff is rude and tried to rip us off on our laundry. They said it was 4 kilos, and we knew it wasn't so we made them weigh it in front of us, which they were reluctant to do. It was 2 kilos. The next day when we paid the bill they told us it was 4 again. After haggling about it we paid for 2, but the guy gave back change as if it were 4, and said "this is the right change" and acted dumbfounded when I knew I was owed more. Overall really shady and rude.

Awesome hostel. Perfect for those who want a hostel with a mix of party and chilling. Really nice areas to hang out, including some hammocks out back. Only negative I have is there are no kitchen facilities.

Good showers, but loose taps in the bathroom. Wifi is bad and horrible bread for breakfast.

Awesome hostel. Low key enough to sleep, but definitely enough action to be found to enjoy yourself. Would return in a heartbeat.

This hostel is really cool. I liked it the decor and the showers! The rooms were very clean and the food was delicious. However, it is very loud at night until two or three in the morning. Closing the bar doors at midnight does NOT help. The sound still comes through. A hostel is for sleeping, and the atmosphere was not conducive to that purpose. My suggestion to make the hostel better would be to have quiet hours at midnight or one at the latest. Thank you! ~ Deborah

• 12th Nov 2014