Kokopelli Hostel Cusco Reviews

Calle San Andres 260, Cusco, Peru

Its a very nice hostel that i highly commended to you. We stayed here for a week and everything is good! Good location, close to everthing, Nice breakfast, comfort bed, hot shower, good wifi connect. The only thing is a bit hard to find a power socket in the room, so we need to find them in the common area.

Good wifi good staff bad showers

Everything was great. I loved the curtains around the beds for your own little bit of privacy.

Only that really left me bothered was that I check-out I was charged 12 soles more than what my actually balance was based on the rate that I booked it at. I showed the staff member my email confirmation with remaining balance and he still insisted that I had to pay the additional premium. Due to that, on my return to Cusco I refused to go back and stay at Kokopelli.

Great location - right around the corner from the Plaza de Armas. Hot showers. Good wifi. Bar can be a bit loud at night/early morning. If you're catching the early train to Machu Picchu try to get a bed in the one of the rooms farther away from the bar area.

Staff kept overcharging me. Seemed like they were constantly trying to rip me off. Think I payed too much a couple of times and since it didn't add up. Got money back after complaining, but after a while it wasn't worth it anymore since they are also incredibly slow.

Staff was extremely unhelpful. They did not speak good English at night. They did not show us to the room. Staff had a attitude. Sad part was I loved the hostel, room, laundry, and location, but sadly the staff ruined the experience.

• 10th Jul 2015

Great location and helpful staff. Only real downsides were that the private rooms dont have hot showers which is a bit frustrating at times. Also the staff at the bar are often travellers themselves and dont know how to use the system. Each day it took us 5 mins just to pay for one banana which was a bit bizzare

Great vibe. I think the cleaners slipped a bit on not putting in a shower curtain for our room until we asked the third night. Otherwise great time!

It was an awesome hostel. Best wifi I have had in Peru and a very nice hot shower. The bar was very fun as well.

Excelente!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Peru

Kokopelli is one of the best places to stay in Peru. I love it, the food, the drinks and the rooms are great, but the most amazing is the experience they give you to make your own "Lomo Saltado". The have the best Pisco Sour in all the country!!! 1000% recomended!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Peru

Great and Fun place! the staff is very friendly and helpful, the place is huge as well as the dorms. The bar by itself is one of the greatest places to hangout in Cuzco. Great food and cocktails with Pisco. Wi-fi connection and speed could and should be better. Hot water and clean bathrooms at all time. Definitely THE place to stay in Cuzco.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

Very well-located, just a few minutes from the main square. The beds were very comfortable and warm, hot water all the time and delicious breakfast. Not all the staff was as friendly as they claim to be, and during my first day at the hostel nobody was attending the security spot.

Great set up with good social areas. Showers were almost always hot and good pressure. Wifi was widespread but sometimes slow during peak use times as to be expected. Good sized dorms.

Some staff were helpful while there were a few that weren't like they were just not in the mood. I enjoyed my stay- they had endless supply for tea, coffee and those tea leaves for altitude sickness. The travel agency there is a bit crazy- I booked my Machu Picchu trip but ended up running to the train office to buy my own tickets because they couldn't do it online. Then they messed up with the departure time from Machu Picchu. Internet is uber slow. But the place is always clean.

There aren't very many bathrooms. It's very loud - defiantly more of a party hostel. Don't stay here if you're looking to have a great night's sleep. The bar is awesome and the food is great. The staff here were wonderful.

Really lovely hostel, nice chilled atmosphere, comfy beds, nice food, decent breakfast and brilliant showers just could so with a few more as so often you had to wait... We were recommended this hostel who said sleep at kokopelli, drink at Wild rover and eat at Loki which I think is fair comment this is by far the nicest as a hostel to stay at all round brilliant stay

This was my second time staying here, my favourite hostel in South America! Great bar, lovely warm staff, food was yummy! It's so central and very clean too. We arrived very early and were shown to a very comfy TV room and allowed to shower and get breakfast prior to checking in. Overall great stay here, I love this place!

Kokopelli is the perfect midd point between a relaxing and a party hostel--it's social, but also lots of people are waking up at 4am for MP treks, so feels chill to go bed early (noise from bar is almost completely contained to bar). Great people, staff is mostly friendly, really stellar showers on the second floor, lots of lounging area, computers that mostly work, standard SA bread/jam bfast. Highly recommend!

← Back to search results