Kokopelli Hostel Cusco Reviews

Calle San Andres 260, Cusco, Peru

Decent place to stay 👍

Very good hostel with a good bar, good atmosphere, but also in a great location and very safe and clean! Thanks

Loved this hostel!!

• 20th Sep 2014

A nice, relaxed place to stay on Cusco.

Really great atmosphere! Everyone who works here is really kind and helpful. There's always something going on at the hostel--be it karaoke, cookout or DJs. There are rooms that are quiet enough that you can choose to keep to yourself as well as a great commons area and bar where you can meet tons of people and hang out--basically something for everyone. I will definitely stay at other branches of Kokopelli in the future!

Great hostek!!!!!!

Absolutely loved this hostel. Great vibes and great people. A breakfast of something other than just jam and bread was the cherry on top. I highly recommend this hostel!

Great hostel located three blocks from the plaza de armas. The staff was ok, weren't very welcoming or friendly. I stayed for 5 nights and I didn't see their cleaning staff change the bedcovers in my room once, even when new people checked out/in. Their wifi was very spotty, but I think it was just the room I stayed in. They have party events every night but it doesn't get crazy. It seemed as if most people hung out and drank a bit then headed out to another party hostel or a night club.

Very friendly staff. An on site tour/ city helper. Things happening most nights of the week. Close to the main square.

Its a very nice hostel in the very best part of cusco , 3 minutes walkin to the main square of cusco , very good atmosphere ,VERY clean and very good staff working there ! 10/10 !!!

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Chile

Best hostel in cusco with friendly and helpful staff. I loved the thick blankets as it gets really cold over there at night. Perfect bar to hang out and have delicious food (and watch the world cup :)) unfortunately they don't have a kitchen and the showers were under construction so that only 2 showers were available.

Great location in a beautiful colonial house about 5 min walk from plaza de armas. Great bar and very good restaurant in the hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. There's also a travel agency inside the hostel but I do not recommend it as it seems pricier than most of them

Excellent place!! You can Chill out and have fun at the same place. Great people...love it!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Chile

My second kokopelli & while I liked paracas more this as a solid option in cusco. They do great discounts around town. It you want to take advantage of the 10pc discount at other kokopelli locations don't ask the staff to call through as we have had two reservations lost that way now. Email only.

Great, some tips: The food system at the bar is a bit hit and miss I waited over 1 hour for an order once because of a computer error? Also the back of the lockers in most rooms only has a thin layer of board behind it, anyone could remove it and get access to personal items that way.

I had a very positive experience at Koko. The staff was helpful, didn't make me feel like I was a burden when I had questions. The lockers are a good size. Wifi actually worked! I had friends staying at various other hostels in Cusco who could never get the wifi to work, so that is a bonus. I kept extending my stay, and staff was very accommodating. Location is good!

Kokopelli is a very nice hostal for a specific target group. There is an overkill of people with oversized alpaca sweaters, ponchos, baggy pants, unwashed hair and beards. The stereotypical backpacker. If you're into that and willing to party you'll love it here. The're are more than adequate facilities and there is a nice BBQ. The staff is very fun and helpful. It's located 5 mins walking from the plaza de armas so the location is excellent. A real recommendation. Stock up on alpaca on forehand

Noisy dorms, hot water occasionally , nice bar and excellent location. If you want a good night sleep not the place.

Good location (but in a heavy traffic street), good showers, nice bar (good food). But there is no kitchen. My stay was just ok.