Kokopelli Hostel Cusco Reviews

Calle San Andres 260, Cusco, Peru

Great location and helpful staff. Only real downsides were that the private rooms dont have hot showers which is a bit frustrating at times. Also the staff at the bar are often travellers themselves and dont know how to use the system. Each day it took us 5 mins just to pay for one banana which was a bit bizzare

It was an awesome hostel. Best wifi I have had in Peru and a very nice hot shower. The bar was very fun as well.

Excelente!

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Peru

Kokopelli is one of the best places to stay in Peru. I love it, the food, the drinks and the rooms are great, but the most amazing is the experience they give you to make your own "Lomo Saltado". The have the best Pisco Sour in all the country!!! 1000% recomended!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Peru

Great and Fun place! the staff is very friendly and helpful, the place is huge as well as the dorms. The bar by itself is one of the greatest places to hangout in Cuzco. Great food and cocktails with Pisco. Wi-fi connection and speed could and should be better. Hot water and clean bathrooms at all time. Definitely THE place to stay in Cuzco.

• 18th Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

Very well-located, just a few minutes from the main square. The beds were very comfortable and warm, hot water all the time and delicious breakfast. Not all the staff was as friendly as they claim to be, and during my first day at the hostel nobody was attending the security spot.

Great set up with good social areas. Showers were almost always hot and good pressure. Wifi was widespread but sometimes slow during peak use times as to be expected. Good sized dorms.

Some staff were helpful while there were a few that weren't like they were just not in the mood. I enjoyed my stay- they had endless supply for tea, coffee and those tea leaves for altitude sickness. The travel agency there is a bit crazy- I booked my Machu Picchu trip but ended up running to the train office to buy my own tickets because they couldn't do it online. Then they messed up with the departure time from Machu Picchu. Internet is uber slow. But the place is always clean.

There aren't very many bathrooms. It's very loud - defiantly more of a party hostel. Don't stay here if you're looking to have a great night's sleep. The bar is awesome and the food is great. The staff here were wonderful.

Really lovely hostel, nice chilled atmosphere, comfy beds, nice food, decent breakfast and brilliant showers just could so with a few more as so often you had to wait... We were recommended this hostel who said sleep at kokopelli, drink at Wild rover and eat at Loki which I think is fair comment this is by far the nicest as a hostel to stay at all round brilliant stay

This was my second time staying here, my favourite hostel in South America! Great bar, lovely warm staff, food was yummy! It's so central and very clean too. We arrived very early and were shown to a very comfy TV room and allowed to shower and get breakfast prior to checking in. Overall great stay here, I love this place!

Kokopelli is the perfect midd point between a relaxing and a party hostel--it's social, but also lots of people are waking up at 4am for MP treks, so feels chill to go bed early (noise from bar is almost completely contained to bar). Great people, staff is mostly friendly, really stellar showers on the second floor, lots of lounging area, computers that mostly work, standard SA bread/jam bfast. Highly recommend!

This is by far the BEST hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are beyond helpful and friendly! The rooms are comfortable and well kept. And the restaurant/bar has excellent native Peruvian fare.

Cold atmosphere. Cold common area

One of the best I've stayed in SA and made many good friends here being solo traveller. Rooms, facilities, price and location all great - the bar is awesome and away from most rooms and had some great nights in there. I was recommended and in turn I am now!

Good hostel