Kokopelli Hostel Cusco Reviews

Calle San Andres 260, Cusco, Peru

Best hostel in cusco with friendly and helpful staff. I loved the thick blankets as it gets really cold over there at night. Perfect bar to hang out and have delicious food (and watch the world cup :)) unfortunately they don't have a kitchen and the showers were under construction so that only 2 showers were available.

Great location in a beautiful colonial house about 5 min walk from plaza de armas. Great bar and very good restaurant in the hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. There's also a travel agency inside the hostel but I do not recommend it as it seems pricier than most of them

Excellent place!! You can Chill out and have fun at the same place. Great people...love it!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Chile

My second kokopelli & while I liked paracas more this as a solid option in cusco. They do great discounts around town. It you want to take advantage of the 10pc discount at other kokopelli locations don't ask the staff to call through as we have had two reservations lost that way now. Email only.

Great, some tips: The food system at the bar is a bit hit and miss I waited over 1 hour for an order once because of a computer error? Also the back of the lockers in most rooms only has a thin layer of board behind it, anyone could remove it and get access to personal items that way.

I had a very positive experience at Koko. The staff was helpful, didn't make me feel like I was a burden when I had questions. The lockers are a good size. Wifi actually worked! I had friends staying at various other hostels in Cusco who could never get the wifi to work, so that is a bonus. I kept extending my stay, and staff was very accommodating. Location is good!

Kokopelli is a very nice hostal for a specific target group. There is an overkill of people with oversized alpaca sweaters, ponchos, baggy pants, unwashed hair and beards. The stereotypical backpacker. If you're into that and willing to party you'll love it here. The're are more than adequate facilities and there is a nice BBQ. The staff is very fun and helpful. It's located 5 mins walking from the plaza de armas so the location is excellent. A real recommendation. Stock up on alpaca on forehand

Noisy dorms, hot water occasionally , nice bar and excellent location. If you want a good night sleep not the place.

Good location (but in a heavy traffic street), good showers, nice bar (good food). But there is no kitchen. My stay was just ok.

A little bit noisy as it is located in one of the main street. Friendly staff, performant Internet and hot water.

Great hostel. Clean, hot showers, good beds, good wifi, good location, good bar and great food. The private rooms are awesome. They also have a travel desk. It's a really nice place.

Staff very accommodating and enjoyed the wall paintings.good atmosphere thoroughout our stay.me and my wife were on our honeymoon and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.would definitely stay again.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great atmosphere! Very well located!! Good deals for food and drinks! Confortable beds and great staff!

Very nice indeed! No problems at all.

The Kokopelli Cusco is very good! The Staff is friendly and excellent location (nearby drugstores, minimarkets, restaurants and the Plaza de Armas). The breakfast is okay, BUT the guests can only drink one cup of juice!!! In my opinion, that's RIDICULOUS! Apart from that, is a excellent hostel! Recommed!

THE HOSTEL HAS NO KITCHEN!! which sucks b/c cusco is a bit of a tourist trap but the market is amazing and cheap. also some of the staff, both permanent and volunteer, were rude. the hostel looks nice, w/ art on the walls, and the showers are actually hot. that said, w/ the number of hostels in cusco you can get better value for your $ somewhere else, i changed hostels.

Best shower in Peru. Stayed in private double which was good. Staff not overly friendly, no information volunteered, had to ask about all facilities. Good location in centre of historic area.

Kokopelli is very centrally located, close to most important sights (especially Plaza de Armas & San Pedro / San Francisco); nice bar with fine food and drinks; helpful and kind staff; private rooms (ensuite) are spacious and very comfortable as they dispose in addition to the bed a couch; travel agency desk offers interesting activities and tours at fair prices

Would definitely recommend, thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Staff were friendly and there were plenty of places to relax and mingle.

Music can get a little loud in the morning