Kokopelli Hostel Cusco Reviews

Calle San Andres 260, Cusco, Peru

Very well-located, just a few minutes from the main square. The beds were very comfortable and warm, hot water all the time and delicious breakfast. Not all the staff was as friendly as they claim to be, and during my first day at the hostel nobody was attending the security spot.

Great set up with good social areas. Showers were almost always hot and good pressure. Wifi was widespread but sometimes slow during peak use times as to be expected. Good sized dorms.

Some staff were helpful while there were a few that weren't like they were just not in the mood. I enjoyed my stay- they had endless supply for tea, coffee and those tea leaves for altitude sickness. The travel agency there is a bit crazy- I booked my Machu Picchu trip but ended up running to the train office to buy my own tickets because they couldn't do it online. Then they messed up with the departure time from Machu Picchu. Internet is uber slow. But the place is always clean.

Really lovely hostel, nice chilled atmosphere, comfy beds, nice food, decent breakfast and brilliant showers just could so with a few more as so often you had to wait... We were recommended this hostel who said sleep at kokopelli, drink at Wild rover and eat at Loki which I think is fair comment this is by far the nicest as a hostel to stay at all round brilliant stay

Stay here if you'd like to be robbed ....

This was my second time staying here, my favourite hostel in South America! Great bar, lovely warm staff, food was yummy! It's so central and very clean too. We arrived very early and were shown to a very comfy TV room and allowed to shower and get breakfast prior to checking in. Overall great stay here, I love this place!

Kokopelli is the perfect midd point between a relaxing and a party hostel--it's social, but also lots of people are waking up at 4am for MP treks, so feels chill to go bed early (noise from bar is almost completely contained to bar). Great people, staff is mostly friendly, really stellar showers on the second floor, lots of lounging area, computers that mostly work, standard SA bread/jam bfast. Highly recommend!

This is by far the BEST hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are beyond helpful and friendly! The rooms are comfortable and well kept. And the restaurant/bar has excellent native Peruvian fare.

One of the best I've stayed in SA and made many good friends here being solo traveller. Rooms, facilities, price and location all great - the bar is awesome and away from most rooms and had some great nights in there. I was recommended and in turn I am now!

Good hostel

Awesome location! Only a block from the main square but far enough away to have a little quite. We had a private room which was awesome but I did use a communal bathroom once and it was clean and nice also. Staff were helpful and the atmosphere is quite chilled with bean bags and lots of communal sitting areas. Defiantly recommend staying here.

Amazing place to stay, comfortable bed and duvet, always warms! Showers, one of the best in South America! Great location around the corner from the main square!(plaza del armas). I would definitely stay there again in every city available! Ps. There is a hair dryer!

Pretty great hostel. Fairly clean, big lockers that slide under the beds, fair priced restaurant and bar with happy hour. Legit luggage storage room with tags for your bags. The only thing is there's no kitchen and it's definitely a party hostel, so be prepared to not get good sleep. There's no curfew, so music can go until 6am even. But overall, if you're looking for a good time and a place to drink and meet people, we'd recommend it.

Not a good atmosphere. Staff is rude and tried to rip us off on our laundry. They said it was 4 kilos, and we knew it wasn't so we made them weigh it in front of us, which they were reluctant to do. It was 2 kilos. The next day when we paid the bill they told us it was 4 again. After haggling about it we paid for 2, but the guy gave back change as if it were 4, and said "this is the right change" and acted dumbfounded when I knew I was owed more. Overall really shady and rude.

← Back to search results