Kokopelli Hostel Paracas Reviews

Avenida Paracas 128, Paracas, Peru

the place itself was great, beautiful murals on the walls, huge open lounge area with awesome food and bar selection, pool was clean and nice, plenty of rental opportunities and spaces to hangout in. Just be prepared to hear 24 hours of club music... Sometimes it would be okay but all day electronic?? I think they could make more of an effort to switch it up, it was obnoxious and made the place feel douschey. overall though I would stay here again it was fun and definitely worth the money!!

The hostel is super well located. The staff is not the best thiugh, not the hostel where you really feel welcome. Rooms are nice and calm despite the place having a busy bar, which is really appreciated. The pool is quite nice. Big issue is the bathroom situation. Only 3 baths available for dorms: get ready to wait. Heard about people getting money stolen, but lockers available in room and outside as well

We paid a lot of money to stay in our room, and it wasn't even complete. No hangers or mirror in the bathroom!? No window curtains!

The dorm has the best solution I've seen with build-in-beds with walls and a big locker. The biggest downside was the breakfast. One of the days I had a day tour at the morning, and went to eat the included breakfast that was supposed to be open from 07 am. Unfortunately we had to wait 35 minutes before it opened... It is also additional price if you want something else than bread and mermelade - like eggs or cereal. I think that's very cheap when you're at a high-cost hostel.

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Norway

I really need to thank Kokopelli for 5 great days I had. I met incredible people, staff was fabolous and the general atmosphere perfect for a nice chillout in the sun. Whenever a problem ocurred or a question popped up, staff was more than helpful!

Absolutely amazing !!! I loved my time at kokopelly Paracas, the hostel is nice and clean, very good located, with big areas to chill out and relax and many options of tours to enjoy this small city. The breakfast is simple and ok and the bar area is great to meet people from all around the world, make new friends and enjoy the parties at night. the best thing was the AMAZING STAFF, probably the best staff I have ever met in a hostel. I definitely recommend and i hope to be back some day

Only stayed 2 nights but it was a nice hostel. The bar outside is awesome (one of the best I've seen) and the beach is just a few steps away. Not many hostels in Paracas so there's no doubt this is a great choice.

Kokopelli Paracas is spacious, clean, and has a fantastic pool and outdoor bar area. In fact, the bar is a major nightlife spot for the town and travelers from other hostels flock there in the evening.

This hostel had a great vibe. It is really fit for a beachy lifestyle. The rooms were clean with lockers in each room, one per bed. The showers were hot, and bonus was we went to bed early and couldn't hear the party out at the bar. The staff was very accommodating letting us stow our luggage before check-in. The only issues were that the hostel didn't notify us that there were additional fees associated with the excursions (13-25PEN)and if the staff don't show up then there is no breakfast.

Great vibe, friendly staff. Great place to meet other travelers. Computer and wifi was very good. Gets a bit noisy on the weekends, especially considering the partying type of clientele. Bar is a bit overpriced but has a decent selection with nice happy hour specials. Free kayak rentals was a plus. Would stay there again.

• 2nd Jan 2016

The hostel was located just on the beach, with kayaks to use for free and paddle boards to rent. The bar area could be loud at night, but also made the hostel very fun! The staff was very friendly and there were always people around if you needed something. They also helped to book both a boat tour and a quad tour, which were both excellent. Each bed had a light and an outlet with a corresponding locker for stuff, which was convenient.

The hostel was excellent! Good food, good bar, pool and kayaks were great. Only problem is there aren't many bathrooms, so we had to wait around a lot.

Great facilities, pool, chill out areas and right on the beach. As a solo traveller I didn't find it that social- seemed to be a lot of staff in my room who weren't that social and the breakfast staff pretty unhelpful. Strangely I have found the same thing at both kokopellis I've stayed at.

Poor breakfast. Cold coffee, the bread was mostly dry, and the thing that you have to pay for the eggs make the place to look cheap and not friendly at all.

Pool was crystal clear and well maintained, there was a lively night life in the back court yard/ dining area. Facilities were very clean they seemed to be adding some rooms but the construction did not interfere with the living situation.

Location was good, easy to walk to from the bus station. They helped us arrange a mini-bus transfer directly to Huacachina. The hostel has bikes for rent, we rented 2 and one broke down at Lugunillas approx 10 km away from the hostel. We were only given very little in compensation for having to walk the whole way back pushing our bikes. They have plugs by each bed along with a light, there were also lockers in the rooms.

We stayed in a private room at kokopelli, room felt secure and we could lock our stuff in the cupboard. Bed was comfortable though there were some suspicious looking stains on the blanket. Shower was really good. If we weren't only 4 days into our trip we could definitely have stayed and relaxed longer. The vibe in the hostel makes it a great place to unwind. Bar is good and lying on a hammock in the sunshine is amazing. They are currently building on top of the hostel so not good for lie ins

Excelent hostel, with a great bar and great staff people.

Really chilled out hostel, perfect for a beach hostel. The only negatives were security didn't seem great as dorms were always unlocked and anyone could wander in off the beach. Breakfast wasn't great. However the staff were so friendly and helpful.

A very good hostel. Ideal for both resting and partying. Nice people will be met!

« first « Prev 1 2 3