Kokopelli Hostel Paracas Reviews

Avenida Paracas 128, Paracas, Peru

Had a great one night stay in Kokopelli. Only complaint I have is how they rented the bikes to me. They said I could bike to Reserva Nacional with hardly any guidance. As a strong biker, I thought this meant it would be easy. Not the case. It was confusing to get there, and once I did I found all the beaches to be far away from one another. Moreover, I had to bike along a highway.

Great hostel, right on the beach. Staff are really friendly and down to earth and the rooms are spotless. Massive DVD library for when the weather's not great. Paracas is a fantastic place to chill when between the big cities and treks.

If you want to relax by the beach, that's the place to stay. We loved kokopelli so much!! It is right by the beach and after traveling for so long, it is so good to relax

The staff was great, the volunteers in the bar not as great

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Greenland

Kokopelli brought Paracas to life. Fun place to be and well worth the price. Great amenities by the bar.

More beach chairs is a must. More options for breakfast would be great. Being able to toast bread would help. Less rules at the bar...be more chill. Ensure you have stock on happy hour drinks. Otherwise we really enjoyed our time in Paracas!

The staff were very helpful. The hostel is clean and pleasant and right on the beach. We did have to air out our room by leaving the door open for some time after arriving because a cleaning ammonia smell filled the air at first. They arranged our Balestas boat ride with no hassles which was great. Kind of a party place in the evening with music at volume and a game on the TV in the bar but it quieted about 11:00 so not too bad. Recommended.

Really nice laid back place. Love the hammocks and it backs straight on to the beach. Really clean and safe.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Didn't stay long as we were on the Peru hop bus but kokopelli was great. The dorm rooms look crowded but the set up with lockers next to your bed and your own power point is the best thing ever! The beds are also really comfortable. The hot water was a big hit and miss but the rest of the facilities were awesome, especially the bar area. There was pool, fooseball, ping pong and the little Peruvian frog and coin game.

Great location next to the beach, lively bar, great number of facilities. Bar volunteers were very friendly, hostel staff itself less so. Good place to relax.

party hostel so go here if you're into that. private rooms are slightly away from the bar so it's not too bad but it is noisy at night. swimming pool looks nice and there are pool tables and hammocks etc and it backs onto the beach. staff aren't great, pretty unfriendly and not helpful. overall it's average, we couldn't find many options in paracas so it was the best of the options available to us. beware the tours you book through them you can book cheaper yourself a 2 minute walk down the road

Pretty good hostal. Large lockers, with plug ins for every bed. Wi-Fi could be stronger. Nice pool large common area and a tv room.

Great spot.

Fantastic hostel! Great location in the center of town and with direct access to the beach. Excellent beds. Basic breakfast but extras can be ordered against payment. Very helpful staff. Great facilities like swimming pool and bar. Good WiFi. The only recommendation for improvement would be to better equip the communal kitchen which lacks some essential items. Overall I stayed here much longer than planned and would definitely stay again.

Fantastic hostel with great facilities; good pressure and hot showers, clean bathrooms, big comfortable beds with large lockers, TV room, bar, hammocks and computers. Nice vibe with plenty of areas to either socialize or chill out. Right on the beach with access to kyaks if wanted. One of the better hostels I've stayed at in South America. Breakfast was standard with options to pay a bit extra for the likes of cereal, eggs or a different breakfast.

Perfect location, right on the beach! The bar is cool and all the staff speak English. Loved the beds in the dorm as it felt private. We also rented kayaks for free which was really fun. And you can book your Islas ballestas trip from reception which is only 30soles. Also we rented bikes from there and cycled around the national park which was hard but fun!

POSITIVES - great location on the beach, incredibly clean rooms & communal areas, decent sized & well tended pool, helpful staff, excellent security, spacious private room. NEGATIVES - Poor breakfast & the kitchen is tiny with hardly any equipment / utensils. In a location such as Paracas, a kitchen is a bit of a must as the restaurants are not that great and tend to offer the same food and if fish isn't your bag, then you need a kitchen and want to prepare your own food.

Huge lockers, lame food, very comfy beds and pillows, right on the beach, great tours booked via front desk. Free kayaks and slack line on the beach. Atmosphere was a bit lacking when we were there dud to winter season I think.

Excellent communal spaces with a large bar area and tv room. Very clean! Perfect location close to bars and restaurants. Breakfast is basic but can order extras. Good wifi.

Wonderful hostel. Beach is right out front. There's hammocks and a pool. Happy hour every day. Relaxing. Friendly staff. I would definitely recommend this hostel and I highly enjoyed my time here

« first « Prev 1 2 3