Kokopelli Hostel Paracas Reviews

Avenida Paracas 128, Paracas, Peru

Nice place to hang out for a few days to chill, drink and swim. Right at the beach, lovely swimming pool and staff. Rooms can get hot!

• 27th Jan 2015

really, really great place - terrific facilities and location and staff.

One of the best so far, i had a bottom cabin bunk in the 16 bed and it was super cosy. Staff were nice, cheap bar, good facilities and a good place to come if you just want to completely relax!

I don't have good words for this place. First, the 4 beds room was very small, it looked like being packed in a room. Second, big mistake to be tired on Friday night: from about 10pm to 2am a very loud music was echoing in the rooms keeping everyone awake. I was really angry about this! Third, the peruvian guy that was working in the morning called a friend instead of calling a proper taxi although guaranteed 5 soles to go to the bus station. After, we had to pay 10 soles.

Probably the best option in paracas, bit like a resort! But with a cool hostel vibe! Included breakfast really isn't that good but

Bed is ok. But toilets is not so clean. The kitchen is very dirty. They have party and people just use the washing room as the motel.

Nice atmosphere in this 'semi-party hostel'. However one of the more expensive options in Paracas with very small kitchen and breakfast was very poor. Better value/money deals to be had.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Hola, we hope that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that dates you booked are high season dates (NY's week) therefore our prices were increased a bit as it happens in all Paracas. Cheers and safe travels,

The hostel is beautiful and the concept is great. The 14 bedroom dorm we stayed in though faced the bar directly. We are young girls and we love to have a fun time, but we also like to rest. I understand loud music Thursday- Saturday nights through the night. But having the music blasted (especially noisy techno) EVERY night- and to be played until 2am is not cool. There was supposed to be "quiet hours" and they didn't exist. It was hard to get sleep even in the private room we stayed in 1 night

The hostel itself is good. The problem is that they promote parties inside, invite lots of people from outside who make a lot of mess and, this way, disrespect the guests. For who wants crazy parties, the place is great, but not for who wants to relax and enjoy the town around.

Hole, we hope that overal you enjoyed your stay. Please note that you stayed on NY's eve and day so party is a must. It is holidays for peruvians aswell and the whole town is packed, we have to be flexible for the NY's party and let people come party with us as many people wanted to stay with us but obviosly we can't host so many people. Please bear in mind that on regular dates we don't have the same intensity of parties. Cheers and safe travels,

great hostel in all, we were there for new years and theprty they threw was awesome, great pool & facilities. the grill had funny opening times & not always all ingredients but theres so many places to eat nearby it didnt matter. Great chilled out vibe, awesome bar and pool.

• 31st Dec 2014

Here's the thing...love this hostel HOWEVER I got BED BUGS here. So, get rid of the bed bugs and I would give it 5 stars across the board. Seriously had such a fun time here. But yeah, BED BUGS. Take care of that.

My friend had her camera stolen from the dorm room from leaving it unattended for 10mins. And 2 others had money stolen. Was possible it wasn't even a guest as locals were being let in to drink at the bar and had complete access to all the facilities including the dorm rooms.

The staff were super nice and accommodating. We had to modify our reservation a couple of times and they made it hassle free. It's such a friendly, warm place to stay! The hostel was just perfect for us.

• 19th Dec 2014

This was our favourite hostel so far in Peru. Great location on the beach and great bar. Had a fun atmosphere and free shots at 8pm but not a crazy party either. The 16 bed dorm room has pod style beds so very quiet and private and each has a electric outlet and lamp so no need for a private room really. You can save money and still get your own space. I would recommend this place for sure and would love to go back.

Best hostel in town. Highly recommended.

Planned on only staying for one night but ended up staying an extra night there. The staff was incredible and really fun to be around. Location was perfect and everything was only a walking distance away. Place was very clean and I really enjoyed my time there.

Great atmosphere - stayed much longer than I at first had planned -, staff quite helpful. You see people cleaning all the time, very good. Breakfast was changed during my stay - basics are included, "specials" like eggs must be paid now. Great bar with awesome staff :)

I am not a huge Kokopelli fan, I don't like party hostels, however this particular kokopelli is different and felt it was very chilled out and never saw a party while i was there. I loved the bar and the pool and the common areas, the staff were super helpful, you can tell they are very client oriented and whatever problem there is they do their best to accomodate. It is a bit on the pricey range but the location of the hostel and the facilities are worth it and give a vacation feel.

Wish we could have stayed longer. A true holiday experience!

Possibly the best hostel in Peru! Not a big party place but great to relax