Kokopelli Hostel Paracas Reviews

Avenida Paracas 128, Paracas, Peru

A really good hostel! I don't normally go for big dorm rooms but the 14 bed pod style dorm is great and doesn't feel like there's that many people in the room! Although it dies get quite hot at night when everyone is in bed.. Pool is great and the location is too right on the beach! The reception staff were really helpful but the bar staff were rude at times, I know they don't get paid but don't offer to work if you're not happy about it! Pizza was terrible too! But apart from that all good!

Very nice hostel. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable.Pool,hammocks and bar in the garden leading to a beach.5mins from Cruz dels Sur bus station.Recommended.

Best hostel I have been during my trip in southamerica. Highly recommend.

Staff could be more friendly to customers.

• 31st Jan 2015

Overall liked it, but there are some issues with the rooms. I stayed in 3 of the rooms. The private was good but needed a screen. I got bitten by mosquitoes at night in that room. The ensuite was good; it was hot when a girl who was sleeping next to fan did not want it on. Fine when fan was on. The big dorm is horrible. Air simply cannot move through. It is like sleeping in a sauna. They need to install some exit fans in the ceiling. Also it is right by bar, which is loud until 3am on weekends.

This hostel is AMAZING! It backs up directly to a BEAUTIFUL beach, the bar is really fun, the rooms are quiet, and the staff is extremely helpful with booking tours, and figuring out directions for those who speak minimal Spanish. I think it's my favorite hostel of all I've stayed at.

• 27th Jan 2015

Nice place to hang out for a few days to chill, drink and swim. Right at the beach, lovely swimming pool and staff. Rooms can get hot!

• 27th Jan 2015

Great variety of common areas, pool, movie room, pool table, bar area, hammock area. The "pod" beds in the 14 bed dorm are so cozy and great ( you get your own locker in your pod, an outlet

really, really great place - terrific facilities and location and staff.

One of the best so far, i had a bottom cabin bunk in the 16 bed and it was super cosy. Staff were nice, cheap bar, good facilities and a good place to come if you just want to completely relax!

I don't have good words for this place. First, the 4 beds room was very small, it looked like being packed in a room. Second, big mistake to be tired on Friday night: from about 10pm to 2am a very loud music was echoing in the rooms keeping everyone awake. I was really angry about this! Third, the peruvian guy that was working in the morning called a friend instead of calling a proper taxi although guaranteed 5 soles to go to the bus station. After, we had to pay 10 soles.

Probably the best option in paracas, bit like a resort! But with a cool hostel vibe! Included breakfast really isn't that good but

Bed is ok. But toilets is not so clean. The kitchen is very dirty. They have party and people just use the washing room as the motel.

Nice atmosphere in this 'semi-party hostel'. However one of the more expensive options in Paracas with very small kitchen and breakfast was very poor. Better value/money deals to be had.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Belgium

Hola, we hope that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that dates you booked are high season dates (NY's week) therefore our prices were increased a bit as it happens in all Paracas. Cheers and safe travels,

The hostel is beautiful and the concept is great. The 14 bedroom dorm we stayed in though faced the bar directly. We are young girls and we love to have a fun time, but we also like to rest. I understand loud music Thursday- Saturday nights through the night. But having the music blasted (especially noisy techno) EVERY night- and to be played until 2am is not cool. There was supposed to be "quiet hours" and they didn't exist. It was hard to get sleep even in the private room we stayed in 1 night

The hostel itself is good. The problem is that they promote parties inside, invite lots of people from outside who make a lot of mess and, this way, disrespect the guests. For who wants crazy parties, the place is great, but not for who wants to relax and enjoy the town around.

Hole, we hope that overal you enjoyed your stay. Please note that you stayed on NY's eve and day so party is a must. It is holidays for peruvians aswell and the whole town is packed, we have to be flexible for the NY's party and let people come party with us as many people wanted to stay with us but obviosly we can't host so many people. Please bear in mind that on regular dates we don't have the same intensity of parties. Cheers and safe travels,

great hostel in all, we were there for new years and theprty they threw was awesome, great pool & facilities. the grill had funny opening times & not always all ingredients but theres so many places to eat nearby it didnt matter. Great chilled out vibe, awesome bar and pool.

• 31st Dec 2014

Here's the thing...love this hostel HOWEVER I got BED BUGS here. So, get rid of the bed bugs and I would give it 5 stars across the board. Seriously had such a fun time here. But yeah, BED BUGS. Take care of that.

My friend had her camera stolen from the dorm room from leaving it unattended for 10mins. And 2 others had money stolen. Was possible it wasn't even a guest as locals were being let in to drink at the bar and had complete access to all the facilities including the dorm rooms.

The staff were super nice and accommodating. We had to modify our reservation a couple of times and they made it hassle free. It's such a friendly, warm place to stay! The hostel was just perfect for us.

• 19th Dec 2014