Kokopelli Hostel Paracas Reviews

Avenida Paracas 128, Paracas, Peru

Planned on only staying for one night but ended up staying an extra night there. The staff was incredible and really fun to be around. Location was perfect and everything was only a walking distance away. Place was very clean and I really enjoyed my time there.

I am not a huge Kokopelli fan, I don't like party hostels, however this particular kokopelli is different and felt it was very chilled out and never saw a party while i was there. I loved the bar and the pool and the common areas, the staff were super helpful, you can tell they are very client oriented and whatever problem there is they do their best to accomodate. It is a bit on the pricey range but the location of the hostel and the facilities are worth it and give a vacation feel.

Wish we could have stayed longer. A true holiday experience!

Possibly the best hostel in Peru! Not a big party place but great to relax

great hostel. good breakfast clean

My time in Kokopelli has been great. It looks like the building has been thought as a hostel from the start up. I extremely recommend to spend some days in Kokopelli-Paracas specially after doing the exhausting Inka Trail.

This is a nice hostel right on the beach. The breakfast and restaurant are good and the bar is lively with it's many happy hours! Nice hostel and the staff were very helpful with booking buses and tours.

Staff great and very helpful. Location terrific! We are seniors, in our 70's, very little Spanish, was just right for us. Helped us go to outside places very hard to get to. Definitely recommend.

Room was great, nice little pool, the terrace with direct access to the beach is lovely! There is fresh juice and eggs for breakfast. They organise nice and cheap tours to the islands. No wifi in the rooms.

Kokopelli hostel was fabulous. Located right on the beach with a nice seating/ bar area. Can order food from bar which was tasty and priced well. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Showers were hot and rooms were clean. Would highly recommended this hostel if staying in Paracas.

No complaints from me, this is a chilled hostel in a quiet town where I had a relaxed stay. The bedroom doors don't get locked but there are lockers inside for valuables - made me a bit nervy but I didn't lose any belongings so that was good. Have marked down on atmosphere as there wasn't much going on from what I could tell, maybe because it's more focused on chilling out? Saying that, I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend for a relaxing night or two. A lovely bar area also and beach.

We liked ... - the cool and chill interior and atmosphere - the location - helpful staff - the WiFi We didn't like ... - the lack of signage (difficult to find the hostel) - cold showers

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I've stayed in dozens of hostels around the world, and this is my first review. I needed to finally write a review because this hostel was so awesome. It is a fabulous facility, great: outside bar, game tables, computer/chill room, and sleeping quarters. The location can't be beat- right on the beach. The most remarkable part about the hostel is the staff. One girl was particularly awesome. She booked my travel and was generally extremely helpful- like a concierge at a fancy hotel. Thanks!

• 24th Aug 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Great pod bunks in the dorms, although the bathrooms were gross and the toilet leaked. Great outdoor area out he back with a bar, pool table ect. It also backed onto the beach. Wifi was also good. The only downside was the tour agent constantly trying to book you on tours.

Comfy rooms. Great location. Hot showers. Lovely pool and sunbathing area. Lots of games /movies. One of the best hostels in Peru for facilities. Nice bar and good breakfast. Internet access. Can walk straight onto the beach. Organised good wildlife tour with the hostel.

Great hostel. Very nice setting outside. Staff was willing to help us with reservations.

Great hostel with really friendly staff. Good atmosphere and decent showers. Only negative is that there's not enough toilets. Highly recommended if you're in Paracas.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place! They even have a swimming pool, free kayaks and a really nice bar. Breakfast is nice, and it is located right beside the beach. I would totally recommend it.

The staff in general was good but the 'chef' was painfully slow at putting some (cold) eggs on a plate for breakfast. The kitchen is badly equipped. Really warm showers, pretty good wifi and comfortable beds with a plug and lamp each!! In general a really great hostel.

I would certainly recommend except for the fact that we had no water in the morning of our departure, so we had to leave without taking a shower.