Kokopelli Hostel Paracas Reviews

Avenida Paracas 128, Paracas, Peru

No complaints from me, this is a chilled hostel in a quiet town where I had a relaxed stay. The bedroom doors don't get locked but there are lockers inside for valuables - made me a bit nervy but I didn't lose any belongings so that was good. Have marked down on atmosphere as there wasn't much going on from what I could tell, maybe because it's more focused on chilling out? Saying that, I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend for a relaxing night or two. A lovely bar area also and beach.

We liked ... - the cool and chill interior and atmosphere - the location - helpful staff - the WiFi We didn't like ... - the lack of signage (difficult to find the hostel) - cold showers

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Belgium

I've stayed in dozens of hostels around the world, and this is my first review. I needed to finally write a review because this hostel was so awesome. It is a fabulous facility, great: outside bar, game tables, computer/chill room, and sleeping quarters. The location can't be beat- right on the beach. The most remarkable part about the hostel is the staff. One girl was particularly awesome. She booked my travel and was generally extremely helpful- like a concierge at a fancy hotel. Thanks!

• 24th Aug 2014

Enjoyed my stay here. Great pod bunks in the dorms, although the bathrooms were gross and the toilet leaked. Great outdoor area out he back with a bar, pool table ect. It also backed onto the beach. Wifi was also good. The only downside was the tour agent constantly trying to book you on tours.

Comfy rooms. Great location. Hot showers. Lovely pool and sunbathing area. Lots of games /movies. One of the best hostels in Peru for facilities. Nice bar and good breakfast. Internet access. Can walk straight onto the beach. Organised good wildlife tour with the hostel.

Great hostel. Very nice setting outside. Staff was willing to help us with reservations.

Great hostel with really friendly staff. Good atmosphere and decent showers. Only negative is that there's not enough toilets. Highly recommended if you're in Paracas.

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place! They even have a swimming pool, free kayaks and a really nice bar. Breakfast is nice, and it is located right beside the beach. I would totally recommend it.

The staff in general was good but the 'chef' was painfully slow at putting some (cold) eggs on a plate for breakfast. The kitchen is badly equipped. Really warm showers, pretty good wifi and comfortable beds with a plug and lamp each!! In general a really great hostel.

I would certainly recommend except for the fact that we had no water in the morning of our departure, so we had to leave without taking a shower.

Outstanding as one of the best hostels I've stayed in, they've thought about the things that make a difference like light switch and power plug for every bed, large lockers, hearty breakfast, and great communal areas including DVDs pool hammocks games kayaks slackline on the beach etc. The staff we're really helpful, friendly and efficient too. Not the cheapest hostel in Paracas but well with it.

Simply the best you can find in Paracas

• 6th Jul 2014

I really liked this hostel. The family that runs it is really friendly and it is clean and quitte. The breakfast is very nice with avocado and cheese and sandwiches and juice. The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the centre. I would definitly stay there again.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Very cool place to stay in Paracas, really close to the Boulevard Turístico. The hostel offers a casual atmosphere and has a very nice bar inside, which backyard is the beach. Couldn't get any better.

Great beachfront location, large outdoor and indoor chill-out areas, bar, pool, free breakfast and fast wifi (although it doesn't reach to the rooms). Only downside was that the place was having a bit of an overhaul when we visited so on-site restaurant was closed, many areas blocked off and smell of solvents everywhere.

Nice hostel with really friendly reception and bar staff. Lovely pool and right on the beach :) rooms were nice but unfortunately we got bed bugs when we were there which obviously ruined our stay - however they didn't ask us to pay for ur two nights accommodation. Wifi is ok. Ur must sit near the routers. Also bfast has eggs which is nice as everywhere else mainly has bread and jam. Although they had no cook when we stayed so not able to purchase any food at other times.

Probably my favourite hostel in all of South America. I love the private, pod beds in the dorms; huge storage lockers with each bed; delicious breakfast with eggs and juice. And right on the water!

Wonderful Hostel!!!!

Amazing hostel. Loved staying there, had such a great time. Can see dolphins at breakfast amd chill around the lovely pool. Lovely sta ff.

Really nice hostel, great place to relax at as it is next to the beach. Staff were friendly and helped organise tours around the town.