Kokopelli Hostel Paracas Reviews

Avenida Paracas 128, Paracas, Peru

The hotel was great, and the price is unbeatable. The included breakfast is simple (just bread and jam, but unlimited coffee), but they have delicious other options if you want to pay a little more (very reasonable prices). The pool, common area, and bar are all great. I will most definitely be coming back and have told all my friends about it. One of the best hostel deals I have seen anywhere, ever. But don't plan on sleeping at least til 11, maybe later if you are near the bar.

Kokopelli had a lovely location next to the ocean, with an option to use paddle boards and canoes. It also had a small swimming pool, bar and restaurant - the restaurant cooked really good food. There was always lots of people around with a good atmosphere. The breakfast was the basic rolls and jam and hot drinks but often suffered from not being replenished enough - this did depend on which staff members were on.

Enjoyed my stay. The hostel has a really nice outdoor common area with a pool, hammocks, pool table, and kayaks. Food was great but drinks are a bit expensive. Great atmosphere but make sure you bring earplugs if you need to have an early night as the music is pretty loud. WiFi works great, hostel is clean, and staff are friendly. The only thing I didn't like was that my locker was broken so I couldn't use it. They should make sure all the lockers work. It's a major security issue.

Beautiful location and helpful staff. Couldn't ask for more.

Overall a pretty good hostel. Nice vibes and located right on the beach. Very helpful staff when it comes to booking tours and stuff. Hard to get any sleep, though. Music played literally until past 3 am, so don't stay here if you actually want to sleep. Also, breakfast was the absolute bare minimum of bread and jam, and the bread wasn't even good.

We only had one night here and we were so gutted we couldn't stay longer! This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! Pool, rooms, communal areas, drinks were all great. The only thing I would have liked is to be able to buy food during the day as they stop breakfast at 10 and don't open the snack bar until 5 so if you want something for lunch you have to go out, which is nice as there are loads of seafood places nearby but it's so hard to tear yourself away from the amazing hostel!

• 4th Sep 2015

I loved this place!! It is everything you need in a hostel, great rooms, great social areas, clean, the pool area is great, friendly staff! The only downside is that wifi doesn't seem to work in all parts of the hostel but you can always get some. Wish I could stayed longer!

Lovely hostel in a great location backs onto ter beach, Great bar and breakfast wasn't too bad good hosted all in all

Perfect. Everything you would want and expect from a hostel! Cheap, clean, good location, good staff, great bar and awesome guests!! Only 97% as no wifi in the room... But hardly a problem as it's quick at the bar! Big ups xx

Wifi was sporadic on the first day of our stay - only worked on the bar. The second day no wifi at all.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Enjoyed my time there. Shame about the weather and the sand storm but overall agreat experience!

Nice staff. A bit disorganized but very helpful and amicable. Some of the other guest were a bit disruptive and performing inappropriate acts in a shared dorm space but the rooms were otherwise clean and comfortable. The bar area was very welcoming and nice.

The staff are really friendly and helpful. Breakfast is average and better at Kokopelli in Cusco. There is also no laundry service available here. Security in the hostel is good, however, when the beach doors were open a woman walked into our dorm from the beach and asked how much the beds were. Although people wear wrist bands, these are never checked when people are coming and going. Also, unfortunately there hot water brke whilst I stayed so there was no hot water for at least 3 nights.

Had a great one night stay in Kokopelli. Only complaint I have is how they rented the bikes to me. They said I could bike to Reserva Nacional with hardly any guidance. As a strong biker, I thought this meant it would be easy. Not the case. It was confusing to get there, and once I did I found all the beaches to be far away from one another. Moreover, I had to bike along a highway.

best hostel structure we've seen. beds are really confortable and have their own outlet and night light. the art identity is great and gives the hostel a cool atmosphere

Great hostel, right on the beach. Staff are really friendly and down to earth and the rooms are spotless. Massive DVD library for when the weather's not great. Paracas is a fantastic place to chill when between the big cities and treks.

A great hostel, with the seafront location, they lend kayak for those who are staying at the hostel. The athmosphere is quiet during the day, and the night has a fun parties. It was a pleasant surprise to be staying at this hostel. I found the cleanliness of the rooms and bathrooms could be better. Offer a simple breakfast inlcuded in daily.

If you want to relax by the beach, that's the place to stay. We loved kokopelli so much!! It is right by the beach and after traveling for so long, it is so good to relax

The staff was great, the volunteers in the bar not as great

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Greenland

Kokopelli brought Paracas to life. Fun place to be and well worth the price. Great amenities by the bar.