Kokua Hostel Reviews

1km North from the Crossroad Malpais, 50m North from Habanero, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Kokua Hostel is an indescribable experience. From the laid-back atmosphere to the amazing staff that will most definitely become friends, its location and friendly security, this Hostel is your best bet in Santa Teresa. You can spend the day at the beach relaxing or rent a surfboard from the hostel to ride the Pacific waves, which are huge! Also, the communal aspect of living with other is abundant, we always pitched in with the staff and guests to do potluck style, lunch, dinner, and party!

I went into Kokua thinking that this hostel would be way different then it was. While everyone was super nice, it wasn't really my scene. Not sure if anyone else was staying here as I had a dorm to myself. So I felt a little lonely and out of place. Lots local people hang out here it seems. As I said everyone was really really nice it just wasn't for me. Water pressure is poor.

Highly recommended, awesome atmosphere.

hands down the best hostel stay I have had on this trip through Costa Rica. The family vibe here was perfect and welcoming. Dispensed lots of hugs and kisses on way home just a handful of days later. Really miss it in Santa Teresa, but as usual it is really about the people you meet and the collective energy that is built. Hostel Kokua enabled that each day.

Kokua hostel is a great place to stay. We loved the atmosphere and the staff was friendly/ helpful. I highly recomend this hostel to anyone staying in playa santa teresa.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Max and the staff were great. They helped with everything from shuttles to surf spots, and they even took anyone willing and ready to go to the surf spot of the day, with saved a bit of a walk with a board. There was a family atmosphere, which is sometimes lacking in a hostel of any size. Totally recommend this place to anyone in Santa Teresa.

A good hostel for the area - Max and Fatima are great, very welcoming and friendly. Just pretty quiet during off season. I'm sure during high season it's a fun atmosphere. Close to the beach, about a 5 minute walk, and right next to the grocery store and a couple restaurants. Would definitely recommend for anyone coming to Santa Teresa!

Small but friendly hostel, rooms were a bit hot but the weather was pretty hot! The staff were all really helpful and friendly and everything was very clean, just around the corner from the supermarket and just a tiny walk down the track to the beach! Would definitely stay here again!

Great place with a good atmosphere!

I had to cancel my reservation due to sustaining a rib injury, and Maximo was very kind and helpful! I will definitely visit on my next trip!!!

They are great.. they've got that place 6 or 7 months ago, and if you are a picky person that place could not match with you..just because they have to work on it!! but if you are not, like I am, thats the place for you..I had fun and I enjoyed my staying there. Max and his girlfriend were great.. You have to enjoy this hostel like a big family, not just as a place where you sleep.. enjoy your stay there!!

• 9th Apr 2014