Kokua Hostel Reviews

1km North from the Crossroad Malpais, 50m North from Habanero, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

We really loved the friendly atmosphere in the hostel and the arty house with open kitchen and the garden is amazing to chill out. The rooms (dorms) are a bit tiny and the beds not too comfy. Best not to pay extra for AC since it is very noisy. The location is great, a few hundred meters of the beach and nearby most of the shops and restaurants while it is located off the main road and hence a very quiet spot. We enjoyed the all you can eat pizza night as a closure of our stay at Kokua.

Very small 4bedroom, if you put 4 bags/backpacks in it, you can't almost walk anymore. You cant close the door, so don't be surprised if the dogs come in at night and sleep there as well... Very friendly staff, nice garden, close to a supermarket and the beach!

Kokua Hostel is an indescribable experience. From the laid-back atmosphere to the amazing staff that will most definitely become friends, its location and friendly security, this Hostel is your best bet in Santa Teresa. You can spend the day at the beach relaxing or rent a surfboard from the hostel to ride the Pacific waves, which are huge! Also, the communal aspect of living with other is abundant, we always pitched in with the staff and guests to do potluck style, lunch, dinner, and party!

I went into Kokua thinking that this hostel would be way different then it was. While everyone was super nice, it wasn't really my scene. Not sure if anyone else was staying here as I had a dorm to myself. So I felt a little lonely and out of place. Lots local people hang out here it seems. As I said everyone was really really nice it just wasn't for me. Water pressure is poor.

Highly recommended, awesome atmosphere.

hands down the best hostel stay I have had on this trip through Costa Rica. The family vibe here was perfect and welcoming. Dispensed lots of hugs and kisses on way home just a handful of days later. Really miss it in Santa Teresa, but as usual it is really about the people you meet and the collective energy that is built. Hostel Kokua enabled that each day.

Kokua hostel is a great place to stay. We loved the atmosphere and the staff was friendly/ helpful. I highly recomend this hostel to anyone staying in playa santa teresa.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Max and the staff were great. They helped with everything from shuttles to surf spots, and they even took anyone willing and ready to go to the surf spot of the day, with saved a bit of a walk with a board. There was a family atmosphere, which is sometimes lacking in a hostel of any size. Totally recommend this place to anyone in Santa Teresa.

View all Santa Teresa Hostels