7.2
Very Good 89 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 89 Total Reviews
Kokua Hostel Located at 1km North from the Crossroad Malpais, 50m North from Habanero, Santa Teresa.
Costa Rica
Santa Teresa 60111 1km North from the Crossroad Malpais, 50m North from Habanero
72% 89
9.6359562 -85.1591894
    Rooms available

17th Apr 2016

I really liked the hippie atmosphere of this hostel. The vibe is chill and the staff is always there if you need information or anything. The rooms are a bit small but it didn't bother me. They organize sometimes special dinner nights which was great. The food they prepared was also very good. Would recommend this hostel if you are looking for a quiet place to stay.

• ohadeliyahu
  • Canada, Male, 31-40
6th Mar 2016
6.0

Nothing special, Santa Teresa is nice, I've got to meet some nice people at this hostel but the place is not on the beach, not as nice and very crowded. I slept in a big room with AC but the other room seems to be small, hot and crowded.

• USA, Female, 18-24
2nd Mar 2016

Amazing atmosphere and super down to earth people.

• USA, Female, 31-40
24th Jan 2016
6.3

I attempted to contact the hostel prior to my arrival by email and phone and heard nothing back. I sent four emails about a week in advance and received no response. Also, when I arrived in country and tried calling the hostel to confirm my reservation (as is requested if paying with PayPal), no one answered the phone. As such, when I arrived late at night, I had no idea if they still had my reservation. It's not an inexpensive hostel relative to other places in the area, so I expected more.

• South Africa, Couple, 25-30
7th Jan 2016
5.1

Very average...... I got a private room at a much higher rate so I would expect a better room then a dorm.. It smelt really bad there was mold and the showers were shocking. If you want a poor hostel for a high price go for this place.... What a joke...

• Germany, Male, 25-30
29th Dec 2015
5.7

I have stayed in two other hostels in Santa Teresa before. Compared to them the dorm is tiny (same price). In the garden all chairs are repaired with a plank. The kitchen is not really inviting to prepare food there. There are much better hostels close by...

• USA, Female, 18-24
28th Nov 2015

I had the BEST time in Costa Rica here at Kokua. At Kokua, you are one of the family. We played music together, shared stories of pain and gain, and made friends that will remain in my heart forever. We surfed, we ate, we enjoyed beautiful Costa Rica and I am so so happy I found Kokua. Bianca, working reception, will melt your heart with her kindness. Just stay here. Some rooms even have AC! The kitchen is great, has a blender even for fresh smoothies in the morning. There are house pets too!

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 25-30
28th Nov 2015

We absolutely loved our stay here! It happened to be pizza night (all you can eat) for 5k each, and I have to say it was one of the best pizza I've had in my life!!! (And I've been to Italy). It was nice that someone came round with a tray of pizza slices every now and again, which made the event very social. Only downside: I stayed in the Agua room with a friend, and there was a very unpleasant smell coming from the shower drain. Hopefully this can be fixed!