Kokua Hostel Reviews

1km North from the Crossroad Malpais, 50m North from Habanero, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Kokua hostel is a great place to stay. We loved the atmosphere and the staff was friendly/ helpful. I highly recomend this hostel to anyone staying in playa santa teresa.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Max and the staff were great. They helped with everything from shuttles to surf spots, and they even took anyone willing and ready to go to the surf spot of the day, with saved a bit of a walk with a board. There was a family atmosphere, which is sometimes lacking in a hostel of any size. Totally recommend this place to anyone in Santa Teresa.

A good hostel for the area - Max and Fatima are great, very welcoming and friendly. Just pretty quiet during off season. I'm sure during high season it's a fun atmosphere. Close to the beach, about a 5 minute walk, and right next to the grocery store and a couple restaurants. Would definitely recommend for anyone coming to Santa Teresa!

Small but friendly hostel, rooms were a bit hot but the weather was pretty hot! The staff were all really helpful and friendly and everything was very clean, just around the corner from the supermarket and just a tiny walk down the track to the beach! Would definitely stay here again!

Great place with a good atmosphere!

I had to cancel my reservation due to sustaining a rib injury, and Maximo was very kind and helpful! I will definitely visit on my next trip!!!

They are great.. they've got that place 6 or 7 months ago, and if you are a picky person that place could not match with you..just because they have to work on it!! but if you are not, like I am, thats the place for you..I had fun and I enjoyed my staying there. Max and his girlfriend were great.. You have to enjoy this hostel like a big family, not just as a place where you sleep.. enjoy your stay there!!

• 9th Apr 2014

Come here and chill out. We enjoyed the hospitality of Maximo and Fatima for more than a week. The hostel has all facilities you need. The garden & kitchen are the center of the hostel ... as it's the perfect meeting point. Restaurants and supermarkets are nearby ....

Great hostel! Staff is super friendly and helpful and vibe is chill and fun. Would definitely stay here again :)

• 22nd Mar 2014

My husband and I loved this place! Only a short walk to the beach and conveniently located right in between the two towns. Grocery store is right near by and my husband was thrilled to rent one of their surf boards. Room was simple and all we needed. One of my favorite spots was the outdoor kitchen and common area. So beautiful and relaxing!! Great place and Max was super helpful with anything we needed. Thank you for making the last part of our Costa Rican honeymoon so memorable!

This is a small hostel with good facilities. The property has plenty of space to hang around outside the common kitchen, in the front and backyards. Location is great, 5min from the beach and 2min to local grocery store and restaurants. Maximo is a great host he will answer all your questions about surfing, rent you a board, recommend local events and organize group meals. Awesome hostel.

The kokua hostel smells of rich mahogany and there are many leather-bound books ;-).

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Very nice friendly owners. Quiet hostel at night. we extent our stay for another 5 days... thank you Fatima and Maximo...

This place is awesome! The staff are very friendly! Only a 5 minute walk to the beach! Stay here! :)

• 10th Feb 2014