Kokua Hostel Reviews

1km North from the Crossroad Malpais, 50m North from Habanero, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

I attempted to contact the hostel prior to my arrival by email and phone and heard nothing back. I sent four emails about a week in advance and received no response. Also, when I arrived in country and tried calling the hostel to confirm my reservation (as is requested if paying with PayPal), no one answered the phone. As such, when I arrived late at night, I had no idea if they still had my reservation. It's not an inexpensive hostel relative to other places in the area, so I expected more.

• 24th Jan 2016

Very average...... I got a private room at a much higher rate so I would expect a better room then a dorm.. It smelt really bad there was mold and the showers were shocking. If you want a poor hostel for a high price go for this place.... What a joke...

I have stayed in two other hostels in Santa Teresa before. Compared to them the dorm is tiny (same price). In the garden all chairs are repaired with a plank. The kitchen is not really inviting to prepare food there. There are much better hostels close by...

I had the BEST time in Costa Rica here at Kokua. At Kokua, you are one of the family. We played music together, shared stories of pain and gain, and made friends that will remain in my heart forever. We surfed, we ate, we enjoyed beautiful Costa Rica and I am so so happy I found Kokua. Bianca, working reception, will melt your heart with her kindness. Just stay here. Some rooms even have AC! The kitchen is great, has a blender even for fresh smoothies in the morning. There are house pets too!

• 28th Nov 2015

We absolutely loved our stay here! It happened to be pizza night (all you can eat) for 5k each, and I have to say it was one of the best pizza I've had in my life!!! (And I've been to Italy). It was nice that someone came round with a tray of pizza slices every now and again, which made the event very social. Only downside: I stayed in the Agua room with a friend, and there was a very unpleasant smell coming from the shower drain. Hopefully this can be fixed!

Great staff- friendly, helpful, fun Awesome vibes

I've been in lot of hostels, but it's the first time I wanted to stay more and more. 4 nights became 10 nights, amaizing hostel, thanks to Max who created a little paradise in the middle of the jungle. Ivana

This place was just awesome, better than we expected, the staff was friendly, comprehensive and helpful. We'll come back, for sure.

Chill hostel, nice people, rooms are really small and can be crowded

Good vibes and good pizza👍

• 22nd Aug 2015