Kolibri Hostel Reviews

Calle 4 No. 16-43, Pereira, Colombia

Great Hostel! very friendly staff!

It is a 20 min walk from the city center, there are enough places to eat around. You can get breakfast for 5000 at the hostel. What I didn't like is the fact that there is no hot water all the times. I guess it is because the water is heated with solar energy ... No son no hot water. Anything else was great!

What a place!! After we spend a week in a eco farm hostel this hostel made us feel that we were in a hotel! It's beautiful, clean and the facility's are awesome. I would definelty recommend anybody to go to this hostel. It lays really central to everything!

Very nice and useful staff, some parts of the hostel had a really nice layout. We stayed in a room that had not been recently renovated (room #8 maybe?), but it was fine. What didn't work out so well was that we were on the bottom floor down the hall from the entryway and it would be really loud whenever people would come in (the noise coming in through the open window, which we couldn't close because otherwise it'd get too stuffy and hot).

This place was alright. The doors are loud and awkward and sound travels throughout the hostel at all hours. We ended up moving to a bed abd breakfast nearby for the same cost and were much more comfortable.

Helpful staff, nice place. Upstairs terrace is awesome. Good tour planning - Don Manolo's coffee plantation tour was fantastic. Be VERY careful at night on this street. Not well lit, not great security precautions. Recommend always taking taxis to

The nicest hostel I stayed at in Colombia by far. Clean, well kept, great vibe, the staff were very helpful (thanks diana! And the guy in the morning too but I forgot his name lol). Met some great travellers in my short time there as well. I would recommend this to anyone passing through Pereira!!

Be aware that this hostel has two floors. Floor 2 is clean, comfortable and it's been remodelated. But floor 1 is noisy, dirty and hot. There is no ventilation and you cannot sleep well because you are always disturbed by noises in the main door and chatting on the front desk. If you are not allowed to book on the second floor, then don't book at Kolibri.