Kollawas Home Inn Reviews

siglo xx s/n street Chivay, Arequipa, Colca Canyo, Colca Canyon, Peru

Great service and comfy accommodation! The owner was amazing and even walked us to the bus station when we left. She was at the bus station again on our return, recognised us and helped us again. A must stay in Chivay! She also made phone calls on our behalf for our next hostel. Her English wasn't amazing but better than our Spanish and somehow communication was easy. :)

The owner, Marina, was extremely nice and helpful.

• 12th Jun 2014

I knew I would rate this property highly after 1 night: it is run like a hotel, room and WC cleaned daily new towels each day. Manager Marina is extra attentive to your touristic needs

I stayed 3 night in this hotel, with my parents in law and I should stay Marina has been very very helpful. She help us with all our need, (tours, restaurant, town), the hotel is very clean with hot water and within 2 minute walk from the station and 5 minutes to the plaza of armas. If you have any question about the attraction, the things to see or trekking, Marina is the one you need to speak to. She has been very friendly and a very good host, very good value for money. Will be back....

• 30th Apr 2014

I can not rate this hostel any higher due to the fact that the landlady Marina was amazing. She was the most friendly and helpful person ever, even though she spoke no English and us little Spanish, we just seemed to understand each other. For my girlfriends birthday, she made us pancakes for breakfast and bought a big birthday cake. Marina also helped us with info to the thermals and how to walk the Colca Canyon independently. Our room was clean, water was hot ..

We stayed in Kollawas to visit the Colca Canon. We didn´t want to book an expensive tour from arequipa so we just went on our own to Chivay. The owner of the hostel is very friendly and helpfull. She has a lot of information about the Colca Canon and she offers different tours for a very good prices, including your trip back to Arequipa or Puno. We would definitely recommend to book a tour in this hostel instead of booking it in Arequipa.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The owner was very helpful and friendly, arranging for a very reasonable tour of Colca Canyon then on to Arequipa for me. I had my own room and bath for a very reasonable price, and the breakfast included an egg, bread, jam, butter, juice and coffee or tea. It was only a short walk to the plaza and bus station as well. There´s a great coffee shop on the NE corner of the plaza, too.

View all Colca Canyon Hostels