Kolpinghaus Salzburg Reviews

Adolf-Kolping-Str. 10, 5020, Salzburg, Austria

The rooms in this hostel are in the same level as hotel's rooms.But, breakfast is not included in the price (it's expensive and the control of who payed and who didn't is confusing). Also, there's WiFi only in the lobby. That's disappointing, considering that cheaper hostels manage to have WiFi in all premises.

• 2nd Sep 2014

No WiFi in the rooms, only available in reception

Recent building, with clean and great rooms. Very well structured, and functional.

Good hostel, except for what concerns cleaness: it wasn't very good in particular in the bathroom. Pillows were a little small but I could sleep well all the same. Good and free wifi in the hall. Good breakfast at 5.8€, but you can't bring sandwiches away.

• 14th Aug 2014

Really nice building and rooms. Comfy beds. But terribly far away from everything, pretty much need to rent a bike everyday if you want to see any of the old town. Wifi was a complete joke. For my two day stay I probably got no more than 30 mins of internet where it didn't freeze up, an wifi is only available in the lobby.

Not made for young traveling people, more a hotel than a hostel. its just that you're sharing a room, but the facitilies are aweful and it's in the middle of nowhere. would only recommend for families/groups/older people. I was really bored. Wifi is also aweful! Just prepare to have none. and it was not clean. for one of the most expensive hostels on my trip I was really disappointed.

I wouldn't recommend this page to people who are traveling around and are wanting a typical hostel with a kitchen etc.

We booked 2 beds from Hostelworld 90 days before we travel. However, due to the new receptionist of the Kolpinghaus Salzburg, they made a mistake and ignore our booking without inform me. Once I arrived, they told me that my booking was canceled in accident but they can not do anything about this. Instead, they did HIGHWAY ROBBERY, telling me whether to stay at this hostel with a much more expensive price or leave. It was 11 p.m., we were tired and frustrated, so we still check-in.

A bit far from the station and centre of Salzburg, however it was a nice walk along the river to the more central locations. Had a great view of the surrounding mountains which you can't put a price on. The beds were comfy and the rooms were en-suite which is always a plus. However the wifi is only downstairs which was a downside. All in all, good hostels but I would like to stay somewhere more central next time.

The place was clean and tidy and bathrooms were great but be warned there is a kitchen with NO cooking utensils, just a stove and a microwave, so byo pots and pans and spoons, knives, forks, plates, cups. The WiFi wasn't great either.

We had a good stay here but for not having any pots or pans (but a kitchen), no breakfast included and no wifi in the rooms it was really expensive for us to pay 23euros per night on a tight budget. We didn't really mind the location even though it took about 25minutes to the city centre and 15-20 to the main station by walk. On the big plus side the rooms and the bathrooms were really clean and the beds top class.

The hostel looks really nice and the views to the Alps are fantastic. The bad things are that it is far from the train station and even further away from the city center, and that the WiFi only reaches the lobby. The breakfast was average.

Well located and comfortable.

To start off, we got about 1/3 of our clothes stolen from the laundry room which had a camera (so it felt secure, which is why we left them there to dry) but the camera didn't work and the management did nothing to extend their apologies. The fridge stopped working so our food went bad. Wi if constantly went out and didn't work at all in the rooms. The rooms were clean and beds were comfortable but honestly we left with a very bad taste in our mouths. Location is not great by any means either

The hostel is situated 15 min walk from the main train station or 5 min with tram. Only one thing I didn't like: They have a kitchen but it is not furnished. There are no pans, cuttelry, plates or glasses. They have a stove, a microwave and a fridge but you have to bring everything else which is, for travellers, especially backpackers, quite a hard thing to do. A lot of people where disappointed by that. Outside of that, I recommend.

More like a Hotel than a Hostel! Lovely big room with a great view, very clean and comfortable! Not particularly near anything, but only 5 min walk to the bus stop, which is very cheap to use! Very helpful staff, and great social areas. Kolpinghaus was a lovely place to stay, and cant wait to go back and stay there again.

Let us use luggage storage. Not the most convenient location but a really nice hostel to stay at. Spacious rooms.

No wifi in the room, can only get connected to the internet in the lobby. The staff worked really slow- so inefficient. The location of the hostel is quite far. Especially bus is infrequent during weekend (once only 20 mins).