Kolpinghaus Salzburg Reviews

Adolf-Kolping-Str. 10, 5020, Salzburg, Austria

The room including bathroom and toilets are clean. It is noisy at 6 a.m. due to the construction site nearby. The wifi connection in the basement is not good but much better in the common area. The lockers are big enough in the room.

The staffs are really friendly. I met a lady who worked there by chance when I asked for directions and she guided me there since she was on the way. I cant remember her name but she is supposed to work there for three weeks but her friendliness is warm!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Good value although location is a bit far away from the old town (30min walk)

Nice rooms and washing facilities. One of staff members were rude when asking for things. One staff member lied to our face when asking for change for washing machine by saying she had none after the other staff member was already trying to give it to us and proceeded to hand change to another woman. Had to go out in a thunderstorm to get change. Overall positive and enjoyed our stay.

It is amazing that you can leave your luggage there after checking out! The staff was absolutely great and helpful :) rooms were big and clean.

The hostel has apparently moved locations and is now pretty far away from the central area. When I booked the hostel, the reviews I read said it was a short walk from the town center.. it's now about a 35 minute walk. Not really a hostel to meet fellow travelers at.

Poor internet in the room and no place to charge eletronic equipments near the bed.

Too far of a walk from main part of town and train station. The elevator was a bit dodgy at one stage also. Clean enough room however. Bathroom shower could have been a bit better and more towels provided. Staff were helpful though and tbe walk back to the hostel by the river was quite nice at night.

A modern clean Hostel, with excellent rooms, en-suite showers, and lots of cupboards. A modern Kitchen: they had run out of keys for the kitchen and I had to ask staff to let me in. However, having complained, the staff quickly had new keys cut and installed a new fridge. It lacks a common room, but there are nice sun terraces to meet and chat. The coffee machine was a problem for me - it automatically includes sugar, even when adjusted to zero. I'm diabetic, I cannot take ANY sugar. Fix it !

Lovely clean and modern hostel with nice kitchen and roof terrace (mountain views!) as common areas. Rooms are standard as well as with a tv and desk, and large lockers with keys are provided. It took is about 15 minutes to walk from the station, and there's a nice riverside walk to the old town and main square. Overall we felt very safe and well catered for.

Far from the center. It doesn't feel like a hostel and has no atmosphere.

The hostel was good and the staff were extremely helpful. However the facilities were summer camp basic and the bathrooms had a fare amount of mold. The inability to receive a wifi signal in lower rooms was also a disappointment as that was a reason for our stay and was clearly expected from the reservation.

• 11th Jul 2015

Definitely a hostel for large groups. Bachelor party with air horn, middle school choir group, etc. One washing machine that was always busy. Very far from any restaurants/ city center/ etc. we had to wait about an hour after checking time to get into our room. Breakfast was decent but they only let you have 2 pieces of bread and an apple... The rest is open for seconds. Wouldn't stay here again, but not a completely terrible place! The construction next door at 6 am wasn't great either.

this hostel was not that good. location is uncomfortable and too far from famous place and station too. well if i will be there again, i dont think i will stay there. and cleaning want at my room. i can recommend this hostel nobody.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Good clean place to stay. A bit of a walk from old town but still enjoyable scenery. Not really a social place but a comfy stay

No wifi. Breakfast is too expensive and very simple.

Staff was really friendly and helpful! The room was very clean and comfy. The hostel is located approximately 1.7 km away from old town center. You can either walk near the river or use a city bus. Overall, I would recommend it :)

Lovely new place with very friendly staff. It definitely felt a lot more modern, clean, and efficient compared to other hostels I've stayed in. It's less than a mile away from the train station which was very convenient and a little ways outside of the city. The wifi was terrible but I'd definitely recommend this place!