Kombi Hostel Reviews

Ernesto Pinto Lagarrigue 160, Santiago, Chile

Decent hostel in a very fun area. Sociable atmosphere, easy to meet people. Our en suite was pretty grimy but the several shared bathrooms were very clean and the showers were good. One night they organised a BBQ with a lot of food and wine and free club entry after for only 4500 pesos. I probably would say it's a party hostel but the hostel itself isn't that loud and I didn't have any problems getting to sleep.

I had such a fun time here! There was just really great people, the staff always helped me when I needed it, and every night there was some fun things organized for example a party or a barbeque. If you just want to rest, its probably not the best place for you, but if you want to enjoy yourself and meet great people, this is the place

Nice and friendly staff speaking many languages. Hostel lets people stay in their own tents at the yard - which is pretty cool and made me consider the idea for my next trips. Unfortunately it doesn't have a locker or a room for guests who check-out and still want to leave their bags/backpacks at the hostel. Breakfast is good, bathrooms were clean. Wi-Fi could be improved.

I really like the atmosphere in this hostel. The bbq is great, breakfast is lovely, the location is perfect and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. I have two negatives however. As it is a party hostel, don't plan on getting any sleep (and there's always one night where you just need it). And also, even though it was advertised, there was no pool!!! Really disappointing as it was one of my main reasons for booking.

Kombi is unshamedly a party hostel, to their credit they made this very clear to me when I arrived, if this is not your thing look elsewhere I was up to 7am most nights and thoroughly enjoyed doing so! Pros: very social, party atmosphere, nice staff, great couch and TV area, great location and goo security. Made tonnes of mates at this hostel. Cons: 10 bed dorm was revoltingly hot in summer and is terribly ventilated. Noise goes on until the sun comes up. Facilities are basic.

Very cool hostel , the hostel is very close to club so if you wanna sleep good and you need earplugs because is to loud and a lot of nois ...

Everything was great but I am so disappointed with an event that happened during new year's eve. We were offered a dinner (with main course, wine and dessert) for 4mil pesos but it was all TERRIBLE. Not only we ended up wasting our money on one lousy chicken drum, awful mashed veggies but they also forgot to serve the wine and burnt the apple pie. That made our new year's eve experience so bad it ruined the whole night for us.

I spent three nights partying each night in Kombi. It's a party hostel, stay here if you want to meet people and stay up all night. It's in a great location, closeby to all the bars and a lot of restaurants. the staff were really helpful and happy people, I miss Kombi, the vibe and the atmosphere there is always awesome!

Great location with so many bars and restaurants close by. Really easy to meet other travelers in the common areas and the hostel has a fun vibe. However, we stayed there 8 nights and there were all night parties on 6 of those nights. Maybe don't stay there on nights you want to sleep but otherwise it's great. Staff are really helpful. The owner really cares about people's experience there.

I loved Kombi Hostel! I was in Santiago twice and I decided to come back to this hostel after my first time. The staff were super nice, the facilities are great and spacey, and bathrooms are clean. My two issues were that there was rarely soap in the bathrooms and only one of my showers had actually hot water- the others were lukewarm. The breakfast good and the location is good too- near the Bellavista neighborhood. Definitely a party hostel, especially weekends and Wednesdays.

Really nice hostel in Bella Vista which is a cool part of Santiago. Good facilities and nice staff. Only thing I didn´t like was that there was nowhere secure to leave your bag if you´ve checked out and want to come back later.

Solid hostel, staff excellent, got some inside tips and connections to make your time incredible. Took us all out to a local nightclub, got us all in for free, and took care of us all night and made sure we all got home safely. Knew everyone on a personal basis. Could live there for months! Special commendation to Marlies too haha my schmeerlop. Has party hostel vibes, but also very lax and chilled out ones too, so caters to most travellers. Will come back again if in town!

• 24th Nov 2014

I really felt at home here, it's very easy to meet people in the common areas and the staff is so friendly! The hostel is right in the middle of the Bellavista area, so there are lots of restaurants and pubs/clubs nearby. Comfortable beds, good showers downstairs, hammocks in the garden: I didn't want to leave and ended up staying for weeks instead of just a few days. Love this hostel!!

• 9th Nov 2014

We have nothing but great things to say about Kombi! Perfect location, best staff, good breakfast, the most comfortable beds, great decor and just amazing vibe in general! Couldn't imagine a better place to stay, our favorite hostel in our travels so far. Go here!!!

• 6th Nov 2014

Pretty good overall, but it could be cleaner, especially the bathrooms

Seemed to be unnecessarily spartan. It wasn't a warm time of year but windows/doors were all kept open. The shower in the dorm room would have benefites from a shower head and a hook from which to hang it. As it was, it was basically a hose with a slight control over temperature. As for staff, I'm used to dealing with less obnoxiousness.

If you're down to party this is the place to stay. Wedged between what sounds like 3 different nightclubs and on a block full of bars you can't go wrong.

This is NOT a hostel. This is a club with extremely loud music until very late (4am) because the hostel is very close from two night clubs it was really an aweful night, i only slept two hours the staff was nice to help me find another hotel right away the next day

• 12th Aug 2014

Overall it's a good hostel. A few negative points are the breakfast (just bread and jam) and it's to noisy (bring earplugs).

Every time I went to take a shower, there was only cold water. The bathroom attached to the red room dorm didn't have a mirror and the shower in there was dirty. Breakfast was okay. wifi only worked in common areas. Good location - close to metro and bars.