Kombi Hostel Reviews

Ernesto Pinto Lagarrigue 160, Santiago, Chile

Very clean, staff nice and helpful when you can find them! Fairly social and a good location to get around the city... Overall nice place to stay while visiting the city

If your staying in the 10bed mixed dorm be prepared for a bit of noise as the window is right next to the courtyard.. But apart from that had an awesome stay! Met some cool people and the owner looked after everyone even took a heap of us out to one of the uni parties!!

Great building and interior design. Staff helpful but I did not sleep one bit here. There was a party every night and even with ear plugs I was up until 5am. It was shaking the building. They could have turned it down a bit. Also the blue room door is broken. Literally if you close it your trapped inside until someone opens it from the other side. And the handle from the outside falls off so there is a huge chance you'd be locked out as well as in. So dangerous you really need to sort it!!

Great atmosphere in this hostel and in a the best location for bars and retaurants. Walking distance to all main attractions. Friendly and helpful staff, good security - they greet everyone that enters which is nice. Beds were pretty standard and breakfast was decent. A great hostel to stay in!

Its a very good point to stablish a basement in Santiago, and then moving to visit some places all around the city.

I enjoyed my stay! would definitely recommend! a little bit confused at the reception desk...

• 6th Mar 2015

Had a lot of fun here.

Within walking distance of most things and close to the metro for anything else, staff were very nice and welcoming, facilities were pretty, though the wifi was a bit slow and the bathrooms were a little sketchy. I would definitely not suggest this to anyone who sleeps lightly, but if you want to meet cool people this is the place. I've never been anywhere so friendly and at first I was a little intimidated because I'm pretty shy but I ended up having a great time!

This is a party hostel if there ever was one. Every night there are people drinking and dancing late into the night on the small dance floor in the courtyard. This means it can be very difficult to get some sleep. The cheapest rooms are the loudest. If you want to party, this is the place. If you like to get up early and go do day trips, you should pick a different place.

The location is very good. Unfortunately it is also situated right next too bars and clubs. It is very loud at night! The kitchen is very old. The hygiene (Toilet/ Bathroom) was not satisfying. The beds are fine. The house itself is nice.

Excellent hostel, buena onda! Still needs a secure place to store bags before/after check-in/out.

pretty fun hostel, room was sooo hot though! great location

Great hostel with super nice staff and owner.in a 3 night stay only the hostel arranged a cool party and a very good barbecu.the breakfast is good and the showers are with hot water and clean all the time.the location is very good (bellavista) for people who want to go clubing or for bars anf such.

Decent hostel in a very fun area. Sociable atmosphere, easy to meet people. Our en suite was pretty grimy but the several shared bathrooms were very clean and the showers were good. One night they organised a BBQ with a lot of food and wine and free club entry after for only 4500 pesos. I probably would say it's a party hostel but the hostel itself isn't that loud and I didn't have any problems getting to sleep.

I had such a fun time here! There was just really great people, the staff always helped me when I needed it, and every night there was some fun things organized for example a party or a barbeque. If you just want to rest, its probably not the best place for you, but if you want to enjoy yourself and meet great people, this is the place

Nice and friendly staff speaking many languages. Hostel lets people stay in their own tents at the yard - which is pretty cool and made me consider the idea for my next trips. Unfortunately it doesn't have a locker or a room for guests who check-out and still want to leave their bags/backpacks at the hostel. Breakfast is good, bathrooms were clean. Wi-Fi could be improved.

I really like the atmosphere in this hostel. The bbq is great, breakfast is lovely, the location is perfect and the staff are knowledgeable and friendly. I have two negatives however. As it is a party hostel, don't plan on getting any sleep (and there's always one night where you just need it). And also, even though it was advertised, there was no pool!!! Really disappointing as it was one of my main reasons for booking.

Kombi is unshamedly a party hostel, to their credit they made this very clear to me when I arrived, if this is not your thing look elsewhere I was up to 7am most nights and thoroughly enjoyed doing so! Pros: very social, party atmosphere, nice staff, great couch and TV area, great location and goo security. Made tonnes of mates at this hostel. Cons: 10 bed dorm was revoltingly hot in summer and is terribly ventilated. Noise goes on until the sun comes up. Facilities are basic.

Very cool hostel , the hostel is very close to club so if you wanna sleep good and you need earplugs because is to loud and a lot of nois ...

Everything was great but I am so disappointed with an event that happened during new year's eve. We were offered a dinner (with main course, wine and dessert) for 4mil pesos but it was all TERRIBLE. Not only we ended up wasting our money on one lousy chicken drum, awful mashed veggies but they also forgot to serve the wine and burnt the apple pie. That made our new year's eve experience so bad it ruined the whole night for us.