Kombi Hostel Reviews

Ernesto Pinto Lagarrigue 160, Santiago, Chile

I loved Kombi Hostel! I was in Santiago twice and I decided to come back to this hostel after my first time. The staff were super nice, the facilities are great and spacey, and bathrooms are clean. My two issues were that there was rarely soap in the bathrooms and only one of my showers had actually hot water- the others were lukewarm. The breakfast good and the location is good too- near the Bellavista neighborhood. Definitely a party hostel, especially weekends and Wednesdays.

Solid hostel, staff excellent, got some inside tips and connections to make your time incredible. Took us all out to a local nightclub, got us all in for free, and took care of us all night and made sure we all got home safely. Knew everyone on a personal basis. Could live there for months! Special commendation to Marlies too haha my schmeerlop. Has party hostel vibes, but also very lax and chilled out ones too, so caters to most travellers. Will come back again if in town!

• 24th Nov 2014

I really felt at home here, it's very easy to meet people in the common areas and the staff is so friendly! The hostel is right in the middle of the Bellavista area, so there are lots of restaurants and pubs/clubs nearby. Comfortable beds, good showers downstairs, hammocks in the garden: I didn't want to leave and ended up staying for weeks instead of just a few days. Love this hostel!!

• 9th Nov 2014

We have nothing but great things to say about Kombi! Perfect location, best staff, good breakfast, the most comfortable beds, great decor and just amazing vibe in general! Couldn't imagine a better place to stay, our favorite hostel in our travels so far. Go here!!!

• 6th Nov 2014

Pretty good overall, but it could be cleaner, especially the bathrooms

Seemed to be unnecessarily spartan. It wasn't a warm time of year but windows/doors were all kept open. The shower in the dorm room would have benefites from a shower head and a hook from which to hang it. As it was, it was basically a hose with a slight control over temperature. As for staff, I'm used to dealing with less obnoxiousness.

If you're down to party this is the place to stay. Wedged between what sounds like 3 different nightclubs and on a block full of bars you can't go wrong.

This is NOT a hostel. This is a club with extremely loud music until very late (4am) because the hostel is very close from two night clubs it was really an aweful night, i only slept two hours the staff was nice to help me find another hotel right away the next day

• 12th Aug 2014

Overall it's a good hostel. A few negative points are the breakfast (just bread and jam) and it's to noisy (bring earplugs).

Every time I went to take a shower, there was only cold water. The bathroom attached to the red room dorm didn't have a mirror and the shower in there was dirty. Breakfast was okay. wifi only worked in common areas. Good location - close to metro and bars.

Wow as my first destination on my trip the kombi hostel was perfect! Everyone was really nice, good parties, wifi ect. So lucky to have stayed there!

Awsome hostel the satff is young and very helpful defently recommend it for all

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Israel

Nice and spacious hostel to stay in Bellavista. Breakfast could be better and a bit larger, it also wasn't available for very long, only about an hour. The upper bunks have no sideway protection, which makes falling out a possibility. Nevertheless, very clean and a nice place to stay, a good place to go out and party - although not a party hostel.