Kon Tiki Bungalows Reviews

Av. los Incas Nr. 200, Mancora, Mancora, Peru

The hostel is nicely laid out with helpful and friendly staff. You get a beautiful view of Mancora that most visitors probably never get to see. However, you do hear all the noise from the town below, which is great when it's the sound of the waves on the beach but not so good when it's club music late at night.

Amazing views!! Great value for money!! 5 mins walk from main attractions but far enough away from the noise. All good!!

• 19th Nov 2014

Great location overlooking the sea- don't be put off by the talk of steps unless you are unable to walk (taxis up the dirt track could be tiresome) or are really lazy- you really are less than 5 minutes from the action, for wonderful views. Bungalows are beautiful, kitchen facilities decent, and showers hot in the afternoon. On the pricey side, but you get what you pay for. Picked up by Jurg at 23:30, which was much appreciated and a fantastic touch. Would definitely recommend.

I don't normally leave reviews but Jurg was so incredible and really went above and beyond to help me with everything during my stay. I had a mixup with my bus and arrived in Mancora at 430am and was very worried about my safety. Luckily, Jurg had given me his number and came to pick me up in the middle of the night. He also drove me down to the bus station when I left - all free of charge! I was so grateful for his generosity throughout my entire stay - thank you again Jurg!

• 19th Oct 2014

Lovely couples retreat, in a beautiful location, very peaceful and a great setting. Beware of creepy crawlies and the kitchen is outside so not great if you want to do lots of cooking.

We really enjoyed our stay here. Great room, common areas and amazing views. Really chilled out and relaxing atmosphere. Would highly recommend it!

We really enjoyed our stay here. Mancora (Loki) is a party town so if that's not for you this place is perfect. Little bit of a walk to get up to it but the views are spectacular and the common area is a great place to chill out. Good wifi, nice bathrooms and friendly staff

We loved that this hostel was at the top of the hill - it provided a beautiful view of the town and the ocean! They provide laundry service which is done right at the hostel which was nice. The only thing was that they kept the kitched locked from 12am-8am and if you have an early bus or an early tour you don't have access to your food! But the bungalows were a dream and the perfect setting for a great price!

Nice place to stay. The hostel is on top of a hill and a bit of a walk, but worth the view :)

Enjoyed our stay. Got a little noisy at night but it was their July 28 week of Independence Day celebrations. Very cozy.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Great place to chill out in Mancora situated up on a hill away from, but overlooking the action with an amazing view of the town and the ocean. It's a bit of a steep climb to get there which could be difficult with big bags but they offer free collection from the bus station so this isn't a problem. I could imagine there may be problems with the path in the rain though.

This Hostel was ok.Not one of the best, but also not one of the worst. We stayed in a private room with shared bathroom. It's up on a hill, so you have to walk a little Bit. When we arrived nobody was a the reception, like on our hole stay, so we waited.The kitchen and the bathrooms aren't really the cleanest. But the view from the nice accomodation room over the City is awsome. So for that cheap price it's perfect, if you just want to relax and get away from that party in mancora.

Good: Free pickup from bus stop; early checkin & late checkout; great view; tranquility. Bad: No breakfast, no wifi or electricity (not their fault as there was a power cut, but no compensation offered); manager is NEVER around, caretaker hardly speaks Spanish, let alone English. Ugly: Way too far from the beach (200 steep steps simply within the property, in a backstreet); overpriced for what it is; wanted 8$ more for a later checkout (for that you can get a full day dorm right on the beach).

We just loved it! The best place to relax, an amazing view!

View all Mancora Bed and Breakfasts