Kona Tau Reviews

Avareipua s/n, Easter Island, Chile

We didn't stay in Kona Tau because it was overbooked. We stayed at "Chez Oscar". I really enjoyed the staying, couldn't be better. The atmosphere was great, such a nice family. The rooms are good- enough space and 1 bathroom per room. Unfortunately the water was either hot or cold, but this was ok. I can really recommend "Chez Oscar" and hope that everybody gets the same heartwarming experience.

The hostel did not have the room that I booked. There were at least 6 other people who said that they had the same experience. Staff never responded to emails or calls. The staff was very loud very early in the morning - yelling, playing music, doing construction, and disregarding that travelers might be still sleeping/resting. One night I returned back to the room to find that the room was fumigated, it was impossible to sleep as the smell was terrible. Not worth the price.

Lovely hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Great location and great value for money

• 22nd Nov 2014

You can't ask for much better value in an expensive location like Easter Island.

Friendly family business but reception is rarely open. Fantastic atmosphere though, I recommend it.

Rooms were cleaned daily, however I believe the door was left open and a chicken or dog trekked some unpleasant dirt/poop into my room; I asked staff to clean it up, no problem, cleaned up right away. Originally I was in a single room with double bed because dorm had a bathroom problem - hastily I had to change over to the dorm on my last night which was unfortunate but it was what I paid for so completely fine. Staff not around much, wifi reception not great (only in main area), beautiful area.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very nice place to stay, although don't expect seeing the staff a lot to get information. I just saw them the moment I arrived, after that just the cleaning lady. Breakfast was good, always separated by each person, with juice, bread, something sweet and a fruit. Location is good, not far from the main street. I recommend!

2014年8月中旬に二泊しました。イースター島はオフシーズンのため、4ベッドのドミトリーを予約しましたが私ひとりでした。 中心街まで徒歩10分ほど。ツアー斡旋は行っていませんでした。 設備は特に問題ありませんでした。

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Very good rooms and facilities, very clean and great breakfast. Only negative side: too many dogs around.

View all Easter Island Hostels