Kona Tau Reviews

Avareipua s/n, Easter Island, Chile

I liked the hostel location. The breakfast was good. We got a change of towels regularly. However, the owners were never at the desk. If I had a question or couldn't find anything in the kitchen, no one was around to ask. I had my laundry done and found it in the dining area, wet and folded, so it was musty. The kitchen and my dorm bathroom were a bit run down. The shelf in the bathroom was completely covered in rust. I would look for a different hostel if I were to come back.

The people were super friendly, just never around. I think it was probably just because I went in the off season (?). Regardless, otherwise it was fine. It's pretty basic in terms of what you get for how much you pay, but the whole island is fairly pricey. Breakfast was pretty decent and they pick you up, for free, from the airport which is really really awesome. Great location and great recommendations about what to do etc while on the island!

View all Easter Island Hostels