Kona Tau Reviews

Avareipua s/n, Easter Island, Chile

You can't ask for much better value in an expensive location like Easter Island.

Friendly family business but reception is rarely open. Fantastic atmosphere though, I recommend it.

Rooms were cleaned daily, however I believe the door was left open and a chicken or dog trekked some unpleasant dirt/poop into my room; I asked staff to clean it up, no problem, cleaned up right away. Originally I was in a single room with double bed because dorm had a bathroom problem - hastily I had to change over to the dorm on my last night which was unfortunate but it was what I paid for so completely fine. Staff not around much, wifi reception not great (only in main area), beautiful area.

• 10th Oct 2014

Very nice place to stay, although don't expect seeing the staff a lot to get information. I just saw them the moment I arrived, after that just the cleaning lady. Breakfast was good, always separated by each person, with juice, bread, something sweet and a fruit. Location is good, not far from the main street. I recommend!

2014年8月中旬に二泊しました。イースター島はオフシーズンのため、4ベッドのドミトリーを予約しましたが私ひとりでした。 中心街まで徒歩10分ほど。ツアー斡旋は行っていませんでした。 設備は特に問題ありませんでした。

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Very good rooms and facilities, very clean and great breakfast. Only negative side: too many dogs around.

I really enjoyed staying in Kona Tau! Rooms are big, bathroom also big, well located, clean and cosy at the same time. The staff is incredibly nice and welcoming, transfers from and to the airport. Good breakfast and great kitchen!

Awesome hostel in a awesome part of the world No bar tho

Kona Tau has all the basic facilities but is nothing special, it was much more expensive than a nicer hostel that we moved to after the first night (Hostel Petero Atamu). Pro: it's close to the main road. Con: the internet is pretty rubbish (but this is true of everywhere on easter island) and the breakfast was pretty uninspiring.

The hostel was empty when I was there (for the last 2 days I was the only guest!) but it does have a large communal area. The staff can disappear for hours at a time, but are friendly and helpful. Easter Island is expensive, but I felt that the hostel was particularly so - I knew of others who were paying a lot less at other guest houses for a private room than I was paying for a dorm (this may have been due to it being winter). I did enjoy my stay though.

it was not bad! rent a car there is definitely cheaper than going to the town itself to rent it. hosts were pleasant and breakfast is good

So dirty, so many cockroach... For a so expansive hostel ! people which manage are totally incompetent, nobody speak english, she told us that sunrise was at 6.30am but it was at 8am. Don't rent a car with this hostel, go in center of the town it's less expansive.

• 9th Jun 2014

NO DEJES TUS COSAS AFUERA DE TU PIEZA / DON'T LEAVE YOUR THINGS OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM... ...Los perros podrían llevárselas/ The dogs might take them. Aparte de esto que ni siquiera es responsabilidad de los dueños, todo es buenísimo... Felicitaciones! / Besides that wich is not even responsability of the owners, everything is super good, Congratulations!

I was picked up from the airport, told that my dorm room had been given away to some students. The person who picked me up was lovely, he said I'd be staying at another place down the road. It was basically a guesthouse on his premises. This person also picked up another guy from the airport with me. The guy hadn't organised any accommodation. The person who picked me up said he'd be taking the guy back to Kona Tau to stay in a dorm but I'd be staying in his guesthouse. It was disorganised.

View all Easter Island Hostels