Kona Tau Reviews

Avareipua s/n, Easter Island, Chile

The hostal is located just of the mainstreet. The girl who runs the place is really friendly, she picks you up from the airport and takes you on a quick tour of the town.

• 2nd Mar 2015

We didn't stay in Kona Tau because it was overbooked. We stayed at "Chez Oscar". I really enjoyed the staying, couldn't be better. The atmosphere was great, such a nice family. The rooms are good- enough space and 1 bathroom per room. Unfortunately the water was either hot or cold, but this was ok. I can really recommend "Chez Oscar" and hope that everybody gets the same heartwarming experience.

The hostel did not have the room that I booked. There were at least 6 other people who said that they had the same experience. Staff never responded to emails or calls. The staff was very loud very early in the morning - yelling, playing music, doing construction, and disregarding that travelers might be still sleeping/resting. One night I returned back to the room to find that the room was fumigated, it was impossible to sleep as the smell was terrible. Not worth the price.

Lovely hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Great location and great value for money

• 22nd Nov 2014

You can't ask for much better value in an expensive location like Easter Island.

Friendly family business but reception is rarely open. Fantastic atmosphere though, I recommend it.

Rooms were cleaned daily, however I believe the door was left open and a chicken or dog trekked some unpleasant dirt/poop into my room; I asked staff to clean it up, no problem, cleaned up right away. Originally I was in a single room with double bed because dorm had a bathroom problem - hastily I had to change over to the dorm on my last night which was unfortunate but it was what I paid for so completely fine. Staff not around much, wifi reception not great (only in main area), beautiful area.

• 10th Oct 2014